• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

link3710

Smash Cadet
Honestly I can't figure out why people are so mad about Let's Go. Looks like every other ****ing Pokemon game, just with different catching mechanics.

Also people who are still mad at Last Jedi are the biggest losers in the world lmao. Get over it. It's nearly been a year.
Well, here's a list of pros and cons to help:

Pros:
* Random Encounters removed, Pokemon are in the field
* You can now have lots of unique interactions with different Pokemon in the field.
* 2 Player mode introduced, great for kids and parents to play together

Cons:
* Handholding has been dialed up to 11. You can only access gyms with super-effective types notably.
* Fan-favorite rival has been ditched for a bland alternative
* Post-Game content from FRLG seems to be missing, and right now is shaping up to be the worst post-game in any title to date.
* All Pokemon past the original 151 have been removed
* Mandatory Motion controls
* Price is the highest ever for a main series title, yet has the least content of any game in recent history
* Mew is locked behind paid DLC

Depends on the person:
* No fighting wild Pokemon
* Graphics have gone back and now looks like XY, instead of the improved look from SuMo or pressing the series forwards like usual.

Pakky

Smash Hero
*pull Assist Trophy*

I'M FEELIN' LIKE A STAR, YOU CAN'T STOP MY SHINE, I'M LOVIN' CLOUD CITY, MY HEAD'S IN THE SKY, I'M SOLO, I’M HAN SOLO, I'M HAN SOLO, I'M HAN SOLO, SOLO

Cultured and a scholar, very good.

osby

Smash Obsessed
None of which cost 60 dollars or were not a system more powerful than the 3DS.

Why are you defending an obvious lazy cash grab?
Because, as crazy as it might sound, people might like the games that you don't like.

D

Deleted member

The reality is that Let's Go! will still sell good.

Look at FIFA to see why.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
None of which cost 60 dollars or were not a system more powerful than the 3DS.

Why are you defending an obvious lazy cash grab?
because pokemon has been a lazy cash grab since like, gen 6. this looks like every other game in the series to me

D

Deleted member

I want to live in your dimension, where apparently Star Wars is still good.
Depending on your point of view, that's a world where either Disney never bought Lucasfilm, the prequels never happened, or Return of the Jedi is a completely different film. I think that we can all agree though, is that universe is one where the unaltered versions of at least Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back are easily available.

youareanidiot

Smash Rookie
TBH All I want from Pokemon right now is a Mystery Dungeon with Gen 7 'Mons on the Switch. That biz would be hype.
hmmm... it appears this is another post that isn't about Smash Ultimate. Why the **** do people post here if you're not talking about Smash? Go post on a ****ing Pokemon forum. So many useless posts. So many young male virigins.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I still don't totally get how Bond would play in a theoretical world where he actually got in. No guns. So just like Snake? I feel like the mines would be a big part of his gameplay because of the proximity mine item being from GoldenEye.

It's also weird to consider what his call name would be. "007"? "Bond"? "James Bond"?

I'm just fascinated with the idea that he was almost in Melee. Could've changed how we see Smash so easily.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, here's a list of pros and cons to help:

Pros:
* Random Encounters removed, Pokemon are in the field
* You can now have lots of unique interactions with different Pokemon in the field.
* 2 Player mode introduced, great for kids and parents to play together

Cons:
* Handholding has been dialed up to 11. You can only access gyms with super-effective types notably.
* Fan-favorite rival has been ditched for a bland alternative
* Post-Game content from FRLG seems to be missing, and right now is shaping up to be the worst post-game in any title to date.
* All Pokemon past the original 151 have been removed
* Mandatory Motion controls
* Price is the highest ever for a main series title, yet has the least content of any game in recent history
* Mew is locked behind paid DLC

Depends on the person:
* No fighting wild Pokemon
* Graphics have gone back and now looks like XY, instead of the improved look from SuMo or pressing the series forwards like usual.
tbf Let's Go is a spinoff

Also, predicting the Beginning remix will appear this week for the music update. I called K.Rool's victory theme and counter so I obviously have credentials

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Also, predicting the Beginning remix will appear this week for the music update. I called K.Rool's victory theme and counter so I obviously have credentials
Nintendo is marketing it like a mainline game. They definitely don't consider it a spinoff, despite what many people believe.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I want to live in your dimension, where apparently Star Wars is still good.
The Last Jedi was pretty good. Our problem is that the collective Star Wars community has revised history to think Return of the Jedi was good. The fact of the matter is that Star Wars as a franchise isn't anything particularly great on the whole. It just had one GREAT movie and dug its claws into our culture for the last forty years.

Star Wars is filled with mediocrity-to-pretty-good stuff. Expecting everything to be Empire Strikes Back levels is just asking to be bitter.

link3710

Smash Cadet
because pokemon has been a lazy cash grab since like, gen 6. this looks like every other game in the series to me
I agree with you on Gen VI... sort of. Definitely bland games, even though they are far better than the let's go titles. SuMo were actually rather innovative and tried to push the series forwards again with the most innovation we've seen since Gen 3, plus pushed the 3DS graphics far moreso than XY. Definitely not a cash grab in my opinion.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oy

If you think think the newer Star Wars movies are bad films you need to watch more movies, man
Although the amount of films I see has nothing to do with my opinion of Disney Star Wars (although it might if I only watched good films), Luke Skywalker for Smash.

link3710

Smash Cadet

Nope, they repeatedly claim Let's Go is a mainline game, which means it gets held to mainline game standards. If it was a spinoff, then I'd be far more okay with it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The Last Jedi was pretty good. Our problem is that the collective Star Wars community has revised history to think Return of the Jedi was good. The fact of the matter is that Star Wars as a franchise isn't anything particularly great on the whole. It just had one GREAT movie and dug its claws into our culture for the last forty years.

Star Wars is filled with mediocrity-to-pretty-good stuff. Expecting everything to be Empire Strikes Back levels is just asking to be bitter.
they revised history to act like they though the prequels were always good

also they weren't horrible towards lucas

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nintendo is marketing it like a mainline game. They definitely don't consider it a spinoff, despite what many people believe.
Nope, they repeatedly claim Let's Go is a mainline game, which means it gets held to mainline game standards. If it was a spinoff, then I'd be far more okay with it.
I swear I heard otherwise
ALSO I SEE AKIBARED AYYYY

I'm not too big of a fan of it personally. It takes too much inspiration from Banjo-Tooie, which is an awful sequel, and an overall bad game.
Make that 4-1 on Banjo's bad to good ratio

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
"Spinoff" isn't the right term. It's an experiment.

Much in the same way that Resident Evil 4 wasn't a spinoff, but rather, an experiment with brand new gameplay that deviated from what Resident Evil had been up to that point. Either it'll work (like RE4 did) or it'll remain its own separate thing resembling spinoff status.

The fact that Nintendo preemptively did damage control by stating alongside Let's Go's announcement that a proper Pokemon game is coming later means they're expecting the latter, not the former.

D

Deleted member

I'm not too big of a fan of it personally. It takes too much inspiration from Banjo-Tooie, which is an awful sequel, and an overall bad game.
That's fair.

At least you shared your thoughts with calm. I got many people online jumping on me for saying that i like Yooka Laylee.

Thanks a lot.

D

Deleted member

I'm confused, how many Banjo games are good again? Two? One? Does Diddy Kong Racing count?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So someone summarize me the last 2 hours excluding the new AClll code
ACIII code?

Like, Assassin's Creed III? The really bad one that wasted a perfect time period on a terribly made game? That ACIII?

SonicMario

Smash Master

Revenge is the Sith is probably my personal favorite of the films

...Yeah it has alot of the same hokey acting alot of the prequels had and I'm certainly not going to say it's the best film of the bunch. So much happens though, and there's never a real slow moment other then some of the scenes after the Space battle scenes.

I've probably rewatched the Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan fight more then any other scene in the series. I would pop in the DVD when I was younger just to watch that fight again.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Yeah :ultridley: gonna have some meta presence this is not bad at all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom