• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Come on. Now that's just being rude. He actually leaked Cloud and everyone mocked him beforehand.
There a difference with not believing and blinding yourself.

It's either Leakypanda VGA DLC which is maybe DQ
Or it's Hashimoto's tweet about Sora
Or a private leak

Or this.
He gave out some vague clues and a character happened to come out matching them

I guess that means EVERY 4 chan leak ever is true

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Fair enough. :laugh:
Except Dedede would absolutely die for that exact reason.

You'll be together in the dust motes. *snap*
Sakurai is obviously Thanos though and being that Dedede is literally Sakurai endures his survival. :p

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
He gave out some vague clues and a character happened to come out matching them
Ah yes. Because Cloud was TOTALLY the kind of Characters to get leaked in 4chan with a vague STAR WARD EPISODE 7 BLONDE HERO riddle

C'mon dude. Time to stop.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Just to clarify: NO. SASSY GENO IS NOT DEAD. AND HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE BRAWL MOD.
That's exactly what everyone called Shulk, a Little Mac mod, and look what happened
>Sassy geno is not dead, claims he looks nothing like brawl mod when it's clearly photoshopped
>claims this will be repeat of what happened with little mac and shulk

Buddy, I think you must be experiencing some denial there.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Alright onto the next leak that we need to debunk-

Is Yoshi really in Smash Ultimate?
No, it’s Boshi in disguise, the real Yoshi is still locked up in prison for tax fraud.

Why else would Sakurai be hesitatant to not reveal him until after the title?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sorry but I couldn't resist posting this. :laugh:

Master Hand: For one to achieve the soul stone. One must sacrifice one they love.
:ultkingdedede:: You love nothing.
*Sakurai turns around to look at Dedede*
:ultkingdedede:: Really tears?
Master Hand: They're not for him.
Sakurai: I'm sorry little one.
*Throws Dedede off the cliff*

Last edited:

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy
Just to clarify: NO. SASSY GENO IS NOT DEAD. AND HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE BRAWL MOD.
stage 1: denial

also don't forget that this doesnt "deconfirm" him. many fakes have geno in em. and let's not forget that this was proven fake months ago by the fact it was attached to sausage finger banjo

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
He never suggested Anything since he himself don't know the Characters and he himself said that all he can make is a guess.

The only things we can legitimately say is "There a leak somewhere around a month ago. Something we know or not that pissed off Square-Enix"

And Sassy Geno isn't one of them.
We know a lot more than that (assuming Tansut isn't BSing):

Alright. It's Friday and I feel like the clock is ticking until we get legitimate new stuff to talk about anyway...

It was NOT Nintendo that had some internal discussion / annoyance / whatever about a leak. I mean maybe they did separately, but I'm not aware of it if that's the case.

I feel like this confirms Vergeben's stance on there being a rep from that company but, as I've said, I don't know ANYTHING about what the leak is. Whether it's public or in private circles, whether it's a video / picture / text, etc. This also leads me to believe which character it is based on the glut of leaks (fake or otherwise) surrounding them, but I really hate outright guessing because I still legitimately have no actual knowledge of which character it is.

So y'all can assume or get hype at your own discretion, but that's pretty much all I know. Everything else is guesswork.
- It's not Nintendo, so third party
- The company Verge mentioned was Square Enix, so a SE character
- He doesn't know if it's public or private (which means the real leak could be something none of us are aware of)
- But there's a glut of fake or real leaks surrounding them
- Earlier he said he thinks it was probably an image leak as that's what would ruffle feathers, and Geno's been the one featured prominently in fake image leaks

These aren't the reasons I think Geno's likely, as I feel like there are many things pointing to him. But I can't fathom who else Tansut is referring to that fit this criteria.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking as someone who wants Tetsu to be wrong you're playing yourself this isn't the hill you want to die on
No one heard about this Tetsu until like a week ago

And we're supposed to suddenly believe he's some trusted guy with insider information

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You sound extremely gullible.
You mean like everyone who believed the Geno pics?

See? Me too I can throw sassy **** just hoping that it's an argument.

The fact is here. He got Cloud, called out when he was announced and used A riddle for it that literally describe him.

There a limit between Denial and just feeling doubtful... But you it's straight up denial.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
people just now found out its fake? i thought it was debunked long ago

Anyway, here’s a game: Out of all the veterans, which one would you completely revamp?

Not minor retooling or anything, a flat-out reboot on their moveset with absolutely no similarities to their past attacks, specials etc almost turning them into a brand new character.

Main alienation be darned.

And since I know a majority is going to say the most obvious answer. You can’t say :ultganondorf:

For me, it’s definitely :ultbowserjr:.
Get rid of the dumb clown car and have him on his feet with his Paintbrush giving him a new Sunshine inspired moveset. RIP: Koopaling alts.
:ultkirby:. He has a mediocre moveset, give him more interesting attacks than Kicks.

Possibly unpopular opinion, but why would you overhaul Jr from his most iconic appearance to one that only references one game.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

And we're supposed to suddenly believe he's some trusted guy with insider information
No? We had definitely heard of him prior to last week. I recall the name being thrown around not long after Cloud was confirmed.

He's just been dead quiet on the "leak" front then until now.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sakurai is obviously Thanos though and being that Dedede is literally Sakurai endures his survival. :p

Unless.

Master Hand: For one to achieve the soul stone. One must sacrifice one they love
:ultkingdedede:: You love nothing.
*Sakurai turns around to look at Dedede*
:ultkingdedede:: Really tears?
Master Hand: They're not for him.
Sakurai: I'm sorry big one.
*Throws Dedede off the cliff*
It'd have been really funny if Thanos had been dusted when he snapped, and Thor just shrugs, picks up the Infinity Gauntlet, and reverses it.

The best laid plans.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

- He doesn't know if it's public or private (which means the real leak could be something none of us are aware of)
- Earlier he said he thinks it was probably an image leak as that's what would ruffle feathers, and Geno's been the one featured prominently in fake image leaks

These aren't the reasons I think Geno's likely, as I feel like there are many things pointing to him. But I can't fathom who else Tansut is referring to that fit this criteria.
This.

very good assessment, IF tansut is factual here I don't know who else fits that criteria.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
The days can't POSSIBLY blend together this badly for me, LeakyPandy claimed it'd be Dragon Quest within the past like 2 weeks, right? That couldn't be what Square is ruffled about, right? (Also LeakyPandy is known to talk out of his rear end)

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy

Is it a bad time to say I still believe in Box Theory with Kencineroar as the only characters left?
it can't be kencineroar because that would invalidate verge's claims about Square Enix character how many times does this need to bE SAI

Shroob

Sup?
The days can't POSSIBLY blend together this badly for me, LeakyPandy claimed it'd be Dragon Quest within the past like 2 weeks, right? That couldn't be what Square is ruffled about, right? (Also LeakyPandy is known to talk out of his rear end)
Leaky said the Square rep would 'have controversy attached' people assumed that it'd be DQ because the main guy who does the music is a Japanese supremacist.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You mean like everyone who believed the Geno pics?

See? Me too I can throw sassy **** just hoping that it's an argument.

The fact is here. He got Cloud, called out when he was announced and used A riddle for it that literally describe him.

There a limit between Denial and just feeling doubtful... But you it's straight up denial.
I'm just going to block you because I absolutely cannot stand you

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

>some trusted guy with insider information

Everyone thought that he was bull****ing around with that star wars riddle leak until cloud got revealed.
Now same guy is back and is claiming there's real leak among the fake leaks, and yet you were in denial about it because we aren't supposed to trust same guy BECAUSE he "suddenely" changed his story about nintendo's being ruckus to square enix?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

The gult leak things is also his assumption.
"It lead me to believe"

Literally the only things we are 100% sure is that
There a leak, text/picture/whatever that annoyed Square Enix withing the months that can be either public or private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom