• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
That August direct kinda spoiled us.
Which is why I think the Smash reveals this time around (unless we get another dump of 4 - 6 characters very soon) was VERY poorly paced. I would've preferred all the reveals being more spaced out throughout the pre-release cycle to keep up momentum instead of dumping a boatload of characters all at once.

It also would've helped if Nintendo put out more original gameplay with non-E3 demo characters.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Obviously i'm very eager to see what's in store, but it's not gonna be a long wait.
Honestly the main reason I want a direct soon is because this thread has gotten a bit loony.
A bit?

There's a reason I'm not around as much. It's college because this thread went over the deep end weeks ago.

NineS

Smash Lord
I have a headcannon: The Shiek in Ultimate is BOTW's Zelda in disguise.

That's it.
I have a better headcanon: Sheik is just OoT Zelda taking the Ocarina of Time out for a joyride, time travelling to different eras and timelines back to the future style while having Ninja fun.

She's stealing Sheikah clothes from all the eras and trying to find a happy ending for her Link, who ends up killed, or as a grumpy old ghost.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just got back from a concert. I take it we were talking about a guy claiming to be the creator of the Ken leak, and things did not go well for him in that regard?

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Which is why I think the Smash reveals this time around (unless we get another dump of 4 - 6 characters very soon) was VERY poorly paced. I would've preferred all the reveals being more spaced out throughout the pre-release cycle to keep up momentum instead of dumping a boatload of characters all at once.

It also would've helped if Nintendo put out more original gameplay with non-E3 demo characters.
I mean as long as we get 4-5 characters (2 uniques, 2-3 echoes) in the last direct, I think the pacing will have been fine in the end.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I just got back from a concert. I take it we were talking about a guy claiming to be the creator of the Ken leak, and things did not go well for him in that regard?
Pretty much, dude outed himself as a fake (so he faked that he faked the Ken leak). Then we began to talk about how loony this place has been because of the drought.

And I thought I didn't have patience. Geez.

D

Deleted member

I mean, if Smash Ultimate going gold recently isn't big news, I don't know what is. Confirmation of the final stretch is always relieving. Hell, the fact that the game has finished development should add more validity to us getting news this month.

Master of Fire

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen anything about the CoroCoro 108 stage thing for a while, did they ever say it was a typo or are there confirmed to be 108 stages?
CoroCoro hasn't issued a correction, but it's my understanding that CoroCoro has had typos before that they never corrected.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
CoroCoro hasn't issued a correction, but it's my understanding that CoroCoro has had typos before that they never corrected.
Hmm, sounds very unprofessional in that case, considering if there end up being only 103 stages then no-one can take what they say seriously in the future. I feel like for errors that big they would've corrected it.

bobadz

Smash Ace
This is nothing compared to the over a year long wait between snake’s reveal and Ike reveal in the brawl era.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm personally incline to believe the 108 stage thing. There's six blanks after all. Five of those being filled in by said five unannounced stages and then the six and final blank being filled by what says DLC.

If it is true I do think among those stages will be Overworld and a Yoshi's Crafted World stage.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yup you are exactly right. Dude try to get his 15 min of fame but it fell short.
Pretty much, dude outed himself as a fake (so he faked that he faked the Ken leak). Then we began to talk about how loony this place has been because of the drought.

And I thought I didn't have patience. Geez.
This is why such attempts from leakers are what I call wasted effort. They don't even last long. There are better ways they should take, but no, they want to do the cheap, rather ineffective method instead, thinking they will get more than they actually will get, huh?

Shroob

Sup?
Man, speaking of leaks... I'm glad I'm not playing Dragalia Lost... that game looks weird.

That, and Gacha systems are dumb!.....I mean, who'd be a big enough fool to sink that much money in for a chance at something, right?

....right?

Aha....hah........hah.......

Untitled.png

@Shishœ

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I'm personally incline to believe the 108 stage thing. There's six blanks after all. Five of those being filled in by said five unannounced stages and then the six and final blank being filled by what says DLC.
Hold up, is this a new count? I'm lost i remember the direct saying one thing, corocoro saying more, is the corocoro number < 108?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hold up, is this a new count? I'm lost i remember the direct saying one thing, corocoro saying more, is the corocoro number < 108?
Yeah based on this magazine but there's some debate it may had been a typo. I'm personally hoping not because I'd like there to be at least a few more new stages.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So as SonicMario SonicMario suggested, here's what :ultyoshi: thinks of the first 12 fighter (including himself):

:ultmario: "My friend and partner!!! I'll do anything for him!!!"
:ultdk: "What's done is done. He's now like family to us even if he has other obligations"
:ultlink: "He looks funny"
:ultsamus: ".......... why is that robot thing staring at me? Is it one of Bowser's inventions?!!!"
:ultyoshi: "Well, I'm Yoshi and Yoshi is me!!!" (He doesn't brag about being the perfect being WHICH HE TOTALLY IS!!!)
:ultkirby: "He looks like one of those Mildes which I eat all the time, but with arms. I wonder if he tastes the same"
:ultfox: "I thought the Kitsune Suit didn't cover the face? I learn something new everyday!!!"
:ultpikachu: "I WANT TO HUG THAT THING!!!"
:ultluigi: "Of course I shouldn't forget about Luigi!!! I saved him when he was a baby after all"
:ultness: "He seems like a good boy. He shouldn't be playing with fire like that though..."
:ultfalcon: "That's the most bizarre creature I've ever seen. Why does it say 'Falcon' before doing anything?"
:ultjigglypuff: "I always wanted to see a cat balloon. Maybe if I mixed the Bell power-up with the Blimp fruit..."

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Yeah based on this magazine but there's some debate it may had been a typo. I'm personally hoping not because I'd like there to be at least a few more new stages.
ok so people question the magazine that leaked legitimate pokemon info for the past how many friggin years still then? ok.

bobadz

Smash Ace
It took a year to get any info after Snake? Geez, you guys had it rough.
It wasn’t completely devoid of new info. The dojo opened a few months before ike was revealed and we were getting regular updates until Ike was revealed. I’m only talking about newcomer reveals.

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Is it too late to have any hope of anything happening tomorrow?
i want to do more than speculate but cant see myself fitting in anywhere else, i'm already awkward enough with covos so yeah

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Please write out the full word and let the auto-censors take care of the censoring itself.

Even Sakurai said he ****ed up

Last edited by a moderator:

NineS

Smash Lord
Man, speaking of leaks... I'm glad I'm not playing Dragalia Lost... that game looks weird.

That, and Gacha systems are dumb!.....I mean, who'd be a big enough fool to sink that much money in for a chance at something, right?

....right?

Aha....hah........hah.......

These Gacha games.. Oh man.

They've really gacha good.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At this point they might as well just replace Sheik with Impa since there is no connection with Zelda anymore

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Is it too late to have any hope of anything happening tomorrow?
i want to do more than speculate but cant see myself fitting in anywhere else, i'm already awkward enough with covos so yeah
Tbh I feel like we are not getting anything tomorrow. We might get something next week if not then early November

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
CoroCoro said 108, and some people claimed it was a typo because of how casually they revealed that. But CoroCoro hasn't issued any statements about that number being a typo like most people thought they would have.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
She's far too into science to be a fighter.

Whatever that means Sakurai.
As opposed to LttP/LBW Zelda, who isn't into science OR fighting. Is pretty much only into getting trapped in crystals and paintings.

I ain't gonna complain though. She's still totes adorbs.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
CoroCoro said 108, and some people claimed it was a typo because of how casually they revealed that. But CoroCoro hasn't issued any statements about that number being a typo like most people thought they would have.
yeah alot has happened since then that i forgot what their exact leaked number was. thought it was 105 for some reason..

Noipoi

Howdy!
You losers really spend money on apps? Get a lif-

Realizes I spent who knows how much on Pokemon Go, an app I don't even like.

It was I who had no life all along.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
As opposed to LttP/LBW Zelda, who isn't into science OR fighting. Is pretty much only into getting trapped in crystals and paintings.

I ain't gonna complain though. She's still totes adorbs.
My guess as to why no BotW Zelda?

He probably just figured it'd be tougher to implement a Zelda who isn't in a dress.. Then again, she has that one dress.

At least with LttP/aLBW Zelda, we didn't really get to see much of her in action, so they can make the excuse of her being a magical fighting pro behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom