• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Man, nothing would make me happier. 0% chance that there won't be a new Pokemon though, even if it isn't Incineroar. And I really hope it's not.

EDIT: osby osby yeah that's the result all of us fear the most. No assist trophy, no playable character, just nothing. In a way though, nothing isn't as bad as an Assist Trophy because at least if he isn't in the game at all we can hold out for DLC. I guess an Assist Trophy COULD be upgraded in the same game, but it seems foolish to hold out for that with no evidence.
I personally don't hold hopes for DLC giving us characters that "missed" the base roster because that ended up in flames last time and even Ultimate would probably better, I'd take an Assist Trophy over nothing.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Which is weird because you could've steered it into a better direction but let it go into this predicament. Kinda strange to keep it out of control like that and contribute it further.
We did try to steer the thread into leaks itself, on multiple occasions. However, no matter what we did, no matter how we approached it, it quickly devolved into a General Discussion mess. The mods are guilty of contributing in ways and we discussed it and agreed that, yeah, this really isn't any different to what we had before.
To me, it's more of a conceptual moreso than a physical reason.

When the leak thread existed, usually discussion would be on the current 'leak', and then move onto the next.

A "General" thread can have several topics going at once, so there's no real focus.

As someone who has a very hard time multi tasking mentally, I preferred the 'theoretically' single-minded discussion over the 'general' discussion.

It got messy later on, not denying it, but the way I remember it was the leak thread went:

Ken Leak > Hitagi > Discussing possibility of two SE characters > Discussing Steve > Vergeben > **** went south.
Your mind betrays you then. Look back and you can easily see that the thread always had multiple topics going on at once. The thread was only good for taking traffic away from other parts of the board. The whole philosophy of the leak thread was to discuss the leaks at hand. It was originally meant for discussing leaks without having to burden other users with the potential spoilers. Then this thread whittled down to like 6 active users while everyone else was discussing in the leak thread. This proved to us that there is no reason for both to exist as they discuss the same subjects. If a new, possibly legit, leak appears within the coming weeks (and there very likely will be) then there is absolutely a chance the thread could be remade/reworked. The problem with our initial thread was how scatterbrained it was. In the future, if the staff all agrees, we might open the thread to discuss the individual leaks but a general leak thread would just as likely devolve like it had previously.

Tl;dr
It was an experiment in a sense that just didn't pay off in the way we were hoping. And personally I feel like the majority of that falls on the shoulders of the team. We've learned, and we'll do better from here on.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't hold hopes for DLC giving us characters that "missed" the base roster because that ended up in flames last time and even Ultimate would probably better, I'd take an Assist Trophy over nothing.
Hmm I agree that DLC would be far less likely if he misses the base roster but I guess our opinions diverge there, since I would rather leave the door open to the possibility. But either way I think if he was an Assist Trophy he would have been revealed alongside other returning Brawl ATs (can't remember off the top of my head but I know there were some), so I think AT is the least likely of the four outcomes (those being base roster, DLC, AT, or not in at all).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It could work, but would also be disappointing overall. Characters like Skull Kid, Impa, and Lip aren't DLC picks. DLC picks need to be absolutely hype inducing, and therefore must be either prominent in a prominent series, a headliner of a popular series not in Smash, or be a third party.

Here's what I'd imagine seasons going like:

To start, our final roster is made up of Ken, Incineroar, and Steve.

Seasons are released about every six months, and include five characters each alongside stages for most, if not all of them, assist trophies, items, ect. I don't know much about pricing for fighting game seasons, but I imagine they'd cost anywhere from $20 - $30 per season.

Shorly after release (free for those with Nintendo Online): Geno or Sora

Season 1: The Latecomers ("These characters just barely missed the cut for Smash Brothers Ultimate, but we're excited to bring them to you now!") (Summer 2019)
Characters:
- Rex and Pyra
- Spring Man
- Octolings
- Banjo & Kazooie
- Geno or Sora & Roxas (whichever one wasn't shortly after release)

Stages:
- Argentum Trade Guild
- ARMS Arena
- Deepsea Metro
- Click Clock Wood
- Dive to the Heart/Star Road

Assists:
- Zeke
- Twintelle
- Pearl and Marina
- Mumbo
- Riku

Season 2 : New Horizons ("New series bring new challengers, stages, and more to Smash Brothers Ultimate!") (Winter 2019)
Characters:
- Isaac and Felix
- Chorus Men
- Lloyd Irving
- Dante
- Yu Narukami or Joker

Stages:
- Venus Lighthouse
- Rhythm Heaven (similar to Warioware)
- Tales of stage
- DMC stage
- Shadow World or Sae's Palace

Assists:
- Menardi and Saturos
- Tibby
- Kratos Aurion
- Trish
- Yosuke or Futaba

Season 3: Long Time Coming ("Patience is a virtue, and after waiting a long time these characters finally get their chance in Smash Brothers Ultimate!") (Summer 2020)
Characters:
- Paper Mario
- Dixie Kong
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Tails
- Rayman and Globlox

Stages:
- Hooktail Castle
- Sunset Shore
- Dedede's Palace
- Chemical Plant Zone
- Castle in the Clouds

Assists:
- Kooper
- Funky Kong
- Adeleine
- Silver
- Rabbids

Season 4: The Fan Favorites (*occurs after a second Smash Ballot that occurred following the announcement of Season 3) ("You voted for these characters to have their chance in Smash Brother Ultimate, and here they are!") (Winter/Spring 2021)
Characters (speculated):
- Waluigi
- Lyn or Edelgard
- Arle Nadja
- Erdrick
- Crash Bandicoot and Coco Bandicoot

Stages:
- Mario Stadium
- Ostia Castle
- Puyo Puyo
- Charlock Castle
- Cortex's Laboratory

Assists:
- Spike
- Tiki
- Puyo Puyo character
- Slime
- Crunch Bandicoot

Works out to 102 characters total when all is said and done.

Here's the roster visualized:
View attachment 167722

You tell me this wouldn't be a great final roster.
I wanted to like this and give it the 10/10 it deserves but Waluigi killed it for me

Keep in mind that I only included those characters in packs. Some of them may not be “hype” worthy, but they do deserve an OMG HOLY **** moment from all fans

xleft

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0885-3621-8019
Hmm I agree that DLC would be far less likely if he misses the base roster but I guess our opinions diverge there, since I would rather leave the door open to the possibility. But either way I think if he was an Assist Trophy he would have been revealed alongside other returning Brawl ATs (can't remember off the top of my head but I know there were some), so I think AT is the least likely of the four outcomes (those being base roster, DLC, AT, or not in at all).
I feel like his chances for the base roster are really low considering Incineroar (or any other Pokémon) and Ken are in :x

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I feel like his chances for the base roster are really low considering Incineroar (or any other Pokémon) and Ken are in :x
This is what I tell myself on my pessimistic days, but other days I think about the fact that there are 5 stages yet to be revealed according to Corocoro, and at least 1 of those has to be for a new franchise with a new character. Also Ken and Incineroar would be pretty lame as final reveals, not gonna lie. At least throw Geno in there or something.

Shroob

Sup?
We did try to steer the thread into leaks itself, on multiple occasions. However, no matter what we did, no matter how we approached it, it quickly devolved into a General Discussion mess. The mods are guilty of contributing in ways and we discussed it and agreed that, yeah, this really isn't any different to what we had before.

Your mind betrays you then. Look back and you can easily see that the thread always had multiple topics going on at once. The thread was only good for taking traffic away from other parts of the board. The whole philosophy of the leak thread was to discuss the leaks at hand. It was originally meant for discussing leaks without having to burden other users with the potential spoilers. Then this thread whittled down to like 6 active users while everyone else was discussing in the leak thread. This proved to us that there is no reason for both to exist as they discuss the same subjects. If a new, possibly legit, leak appears within the coming weeks (and there very likely will be) then there is absolutely a chance the thread could be remade/reworked. The problem with our initial thread was how scatterbrained it was. In the future, if the staff all agrees, we might open the thread to discuss the individual leaks but a general leak thread would just as likely devolve like it had previously.

Tl;dr
It was an experiment in a sense that just didn't pay off in the way we were hoping. And personally I feel like the majority of that falls on the shoulders of the team. We've learned, and we'll do better from here on.
This is why I said "Theoretically".

Theoretically, it could work, but would require the staff to be much more involved in policing things.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is what I tell myself on my pessimistic days, but other days I think about the fact that there are 5 stages yet to be revealed according to Corocoro, and at least 1 of those has to be for a new franchise with a new character. Also Ken and Incineroar would be pretty lame as final reveals, not gonna lie. At least throw Geno in there or something.
*insert Olimar/Shulk/whatever here*

Nobody really told us reveals would get more hype by each coming one. Also a lot of people would like to see those two outside of internet speculation. I'd love to get a new franchise but again, we aren't really promised anything.

xleft

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0885-3621-8019
It could work, but would also be disappointing overall. Characters like Skull Kid, Impa, and Lip aren't DLC picks. DLC picks need to be absolutely hype inducing, and therefore must be either prominent in a prominent series, a headliner of a popular series not in Smash, or be a third party.

Here's what I'd imagine seasons going like:

To start, our final roster is made up of Ken, Incineroar, and Steve.

Seasons are released about every six months, and include five characters each alongside stages for most, if not all of them, assist trophies, items, ect. I don't know much about pricing for fighting game seasons, but I imagine they'd cost anywhere from $20 - $30 per season.

Shorly after release (free for those with Nintendo Online): Geno or Sora

Season 1: The Latecomers ("These characters just barely missed the cut for Smash Brothers Ultimate, but we're excited to bring them to you now!") (Summer 2019)
Characters:
- Rex and Pyra
- Spring Man
- Octolings
- Banjo & Kazooie
- Geno or Sora & Roxas (whichever one wasn't shortly after release)

Stages:
- Argentum Trade Guild
- ARMS Arena
- Deepsea Metro
- Click Clock Wood
- Dive to the Heart/Star Road

Assists:
- Zeke
- Twintelle
- Pearl and Marina
- Mumbo
- Riku

Season 2 : New Horizons ("New series bring new challengers, stages, and more to Smash Brothers Ultimate!") (Winter 2019)
Characters:
- Isaac and Felix
- Chorus Men
- Lloyd Irving
- Dante
- Yu Narukami or Joker

Stages:
- Venus Lighthouse
- Rhythm Heaven (similar to Warioware)
- Tales of stage
- DMC stage
- Shadow World or Sae's Palace

Assists:
- Menardi and Saturos
- Tibby
- Kratos Aurion
- Trish
- Yosuke or Futaba

Season 3: Long Time Coming ("Patience is a virtue, and after waiting a long time these characters finally get their chance in Smash Brothers Ultimate!") (Summer 2020)
Characters:
- Paper Mario
- Dixie Kong
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Tails
- Rayman and Globlox

Stages:
- Hooktail Castle
- Sunset Shore
- Dedede's Palace
- Chemical Plant Zone
- Castle in the Clouds

Assists:
- Kooper
- Funky Kong
- Adeleine
- Silver
- Rabbids

Season 4: The Fan Favorites (*occurs after a second Smash Ballot that occurred following the announcement of Season 3) ("You voted for these characters to have their chance in Smash Brother Ultimate, and here they are!") (Winter/Spring 2021)
Characters (speculated):
- Waluigi
- Lyn or Edelgard
- Arle Nadja
- Erdrick
- Crash Bandicoot and Coco Bandicoot

Stages:
- Mario Stadium
- Ostia Castle
- Puyo Puyo
- Charlock Castle
- Cortex's Laboratory

Assists:
- Spike
- Tiki
- Puyo Puyo character
- Slime
- Crunch Bandicoot

Works out to 102 characters total when all is said and done.

Here's the roster visualized:
View attachment 167722

You tell me this wouldn't be a great final roster.
I doubt we would ever get 20 characters for DLC. I would imagine around 7 lmao (like last time). Although it sounds good I don't think a ~100 character roster would work.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
*insert Olimar/Shulk/whatever here*

Nobody really told us reveals would get more hype by each coming one. Also a lot of people would like to see those two outside of internet speculation. I'd love to get a new franchise but again, we aren't really promised anything.
No, I know. I'm just saying since there are no characters being left until launch day, I would much prefer it if they end reveal season with a bang rather than a whimper. The bang could theoretically come in the form of the single player mode instead of characters for all I know, though. And it's not like I'm unhappy with the roster as is. Isaac fans are used to disappointment, but it would suck to have our hopes dashed once again after most of us lost faith entirely following Sm4sh. I wouldn't have even campaigned for Isaac or believed in him if I hadn't seen Ridley and K. Rool get in and people buzzing about Geno.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This is why I said "Theoretically".

Theoretically, it could work, but would require the staff to be much more involved in policing things.
Sure, but there are like 6 of us, max, with daily lives as well, and literally hundreds of you guys. Not that that's a bad thing, it's actually really good, but it makes it hard to keep a lock on the topic at all times if you know what I mean.

Don't worry, I understand people are bummed about the thread closing but really there haven't been many leaks to discuss since then. Verge and Hitagi are it and well, we've discussed those guys to death.

If more prominent leaks start appearing then yeah, we can expect the thread to be reopened or reworked to discuss said leak. Otherwise, this place works just as well.

osby

Smash Obsessed
No, I know. I'm just saying since there are no characters being left until launch day, I would much prefer it if they end reveal season with a bang rather than a whimper. The bang could theoretically come in the form of the single player mode instead of characters for all I know, though. And it's not like I'm unhappy with the roster as is. Isaac fans are used to disappointment, but it would suck to have our hopes dashed once again after most of us lost faith entirely following Sm4sh. I wouldn't have even campaigned for Isaac or believed in him if I hadn't seen Ridley and K. Rool get in and people buzzing about Geno.
Again, "whimper" is very subjective, considering a lot of casual fans were overjoyed when Isabelle revealed. Last characters might not be Ridley/K.Rool but we don't know the reception they'll get.

Also I don't know those two really say good things about Isaac. All I see is Sakurai is a lot reluctant to add new Nintendo IPs than the last time. Popularity going for him is big, though.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
I am an Isaac supporter ever since I first saw his Assist Trophy. And I am really excited for Incineroar possibly making it. Why is it always a whimper if it's a character you don't like. Pokemon is huge, any new pokemon appearing in Smash is therefore huge. In the eyes of Sakurai that reveal would probably be huge aswel. I mean. I really want Isaac, Heihachi, Skull Kid. I really hope they all get in. But I also want Incineroar now, and it's reallyeh that so many are ****ting on him like they did with Isabelle.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I am an Isaac supporter ever since I first saw his Assist Trophy. And I am really excited for Incineroar possibly making it. Why is it always a whimper if it's a character you don't like. Pokemon is huge, any new pokemon appearing in Smash is therefore huge. In the eyes of Sakurai that reveal would probably be huge aswel. I mean. I really want Isaac, Heihachi, Skull Kid. I really hope they all get in. But I also want Incineroar now, and it's reallyeh that so many are ****ting on him like they did with Isabelle.
Aside from Incineroar's overall mixed reception?

People not being allowed to like things Smash speculation doesn't talk about, I guess.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, guys. I’m not explaining myself well. I guess Incineroar would be a “whimper” for me only because people have been speculating about him for literally months, so it means Verge was right and there are no surprises left in store. I don’t mind Incineroar and I love Ken. I just want some final thing in addition to those two that hasn’t been taken as a foregone conclusion by the Smash community. Something to even slightly rival that “everyone is here!” moment or the K. Rool trailer. I’m not trying to hate on anyone’s picks. I just hope that one of the characters whose fate is totally up in the air, like Banjo or Isaac or Waddle Dee or whoever else also gets their chance to shine in the base game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, guys. I’m not explaining myself well. I guess Incineroar would be a “whimper” for me only because people have been speculating about him for literally months, so it means Verge was right and there are no surprises left in store. I don’t mind Incineroar and I love Ken. I just want some final thing in addition to those two that hasn’t been taken as a foregone conclusion by the Smash community. Something to even slightly rival that “everyone is here!” moment or the K. Rool trailer. I’m not trying to hate on anyone’s picks. I just hope that one of the characters whose fate is totally up in the air, like Banjo or Isaac or Waddle Dee or whoever else also gets their chance to shine in the base game.
Even if Verge is right, he didn't predict all newcomers so I think there is still room for suprise.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
None of you actually wanted to discuss leaks. You just wanted to talk about why you do or do not like the characters in the leak.

People would just open the thread, ignore everything that's already been posted, because who's going to read that many new pages, complain about how dumb Steve is or how obscure Geno is, the same opinions that have been dropped a dozen times over the all those pages they'd just ignored, complain about the speed of the thread while contributing to the speed of the thread, and then the brief snippets of actual conversation worth having just get swept away.

Not a single one of you knows whether I even like Ken or hate him. I've yet to express my opinion on him or his inclusion, because it doesn't matter. All that matters is the leak itself. But when I come in and post an image comparison of Ken's model to Ryu's, breaking down a key aspect to whether the leak is legitimate or not, something with real, actual merit worth discussing, it's immediately buried by five pages in ten minutes of people complaining about how dumb it is Ken would get in but Shadow wouldn't.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Even if Verge is right, he didn't predict all newcomers so I think there is still room for suprise.
Yeah, this is why I still choose to believe in Isaac, especially with the supposed 5 stages left to reveal. So maybe you can appreciate why it’s disheartening to have my guarded optimism countered by people saying “well Isaac can’t be in because Verge said Ken and Incineroar and a Square rep lul.” Verge didn’t predict even half of the revealed characters so far, he never claimed any of his reveals were in the base game, he’s said himself he can’t be sure if that’s the entire roster, and I trust in Sakurai’s flair for the dramatic. I think he still has a few aces up his sleeve.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Yeah, this is why I still choose to believe in Isaac, especially with the supposed 5 stages left to reveal. So maybe you can appreciate why it’s disheartening to have my guarded optimism countered by people saying “well Isaac can’t be in because Verge said Ken and Incineroar and a Square rep lul.” Verge didn’t predict even half of the revealed characters so far, he never claimed any of his reveals were in the base game, he’s said himself he can’t be sure if that’s the entire roster, and I trust in Sakurai’s flair for the dramatic. I think he still has a few aces up his sleeve.
I believe that we've almost got the full roster, but there's possibly one character that has yet to be leaked by anyone. No idea who this mystery fighter is: maybe they haven't featured heavily in speculation. But I still feel a surprise is in store, even if it's right to temper our expectations.

Shroob

Sup?
None of you actually wanted to discuss leaks. You just wanted to talk about why you do or do not like the characters in the leak.

People would just open the thread, ignore everything that's already been posted, because who's going to read that many new pages, complain about how dumb Steve is or how obscure Geno is, the same opinions that have been dropped a dozen times over the all those pages they'd just ignored, complain about the speed of the thread while contributing to the speed of the thread, and then the brief snippets of actual conversation worth having just get swept away.

Not a single one of you knows whether I even like Ken or hate him. I've yet to express my opinion on him or his inclusion, because it doesn't matter. All that matters is the leak itself. But when I come in and post an image comparison of Ken's model to Ryu's, breaking down a key aspect to whether the leak is legitimate or not, something with real, actual merit worth discussing, it's immediately buried by five pages in ten minutes of people complaining about how dumb it is Ken would get in but Shadow wouldn't.
The comparison was what more or less sold me on it being real at that point, mixed up with all the other minor things.

I saw it getting tossed around on reddit a bunch, so someone at least saw(stole) your image.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
One great things from the leak thread compared to here is that people left their thin skin away, went To go for a good old cage fight of wits and logic before hugging each other and move on.

Here the discussion is always "My opinion is superior, lemme laugh at you peasant" with people jumping the TRIGGERED button when you go against the general bandwagonner and unlike the leak thread where people were "it's a bait move on" when someone was trolling, here it's a FFA for Glory bait master.

Which is why I kinda don't post here a lot anymore sadly.

Also, while here the discussion goes full circle, in the Leak threads we could discuss fake **** and entertain the idea that some "out of field" Characters make it in.

Here post that and you'll see people moving on quickly yet write a thesis on why Goku can't be in Smash.
That thread have a double standard but it's normal, this thread isn't one person and is a melting pot of people. With each their opinion.

By the way, for people complaining about "mod said to take it in the general multiple time" in the leak topic

I shall remind you that in the span of three days the mods had to call back constantly to not attack users or take flame bait.

Now, which one is better? Your choice.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I know this is a late reply but the difference lies in the fact that they now have a general direction of what the fans want that they can follow for, literally, years. They could dig through the top 20 viable ballot characters that aren't already represented in some form and have DLC last for upwards to 4 years.

For's DLC relied on what was in the public view at the time, and what was profitable for Nintendo, with the veterans thrown in for Smash fan fanservice. For instance, Ryu came hot off the heels of SFV, Cloud came off the announcement of FFVII Remake, and Bayonetta and Corrin made business sense for Nintendo. I dunno if all this was intentional but it was damn well timed if not.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's something to talk about: the upcoming music update that should going up today. So far, we have these franchises left to get updates from. Now, I could be entirely wrong with who's left, but this is at the least what I've came up with.

Wario
Star Fox
Kid Icarus
Duck Hunt
Wii Fit / Mii
EarthBound / MOTHER
Punch-Out!!
Xenoblade Chronicles
Sonic The Hedgehog
Final Fantasy
Bayonetta

Who knows, maybe it's finally time we get to hear another Sonic remix? Or maybe we might actually get a Xenoblade remix that actually is worth a damn. If we get another MOTHER remix, it definitely has a lot to live up to after Smiles and Tears, Magicant and Onett from Smash 4, that's for sure.
Wario or Sonic getting some remixes would be nice. Anything from Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles(I know we got Angel Island), Sonic Heroes or Sonic Mania would be good.

Wario just needs more content from the Wario Land games and maybe Wario World too.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I know this is a late reply but the difference lies in the fact that they now have a general direction of what the fans want that they can follow for, literally, years. They could dig through the top 20 viable ballot characters that aren't already represented in some form and have DLC last for upwards to 4 years.

For's DLC relied on what was in the public view at the time, and what was profitable for Nintendo, with the veterans thrown in for Smash fan fanservice. For instance, Ryu came hot off the heels of SFV, Cloud came off the announcement of FFVII Remake, and Bayonetta and Corrin made business sense for Nintendo. I dunno if all this was intentional but it was damn well timed if not.
With veterans no longer an option, Ultimate's DLC will probably fall into three categories: longtime first-party fan favourites, relevancy picks (ARMS, XC2, Gen 8 Pokemon, FE protag) and big-name third parties. The latter is probably the most profitable, but I don't think the others will be neglected. While fanservice picks like Isaac may have a more niche appeal, people will be persuaded to buy them if they look fun to play as or if they turn out to be good competitively. Echoes may be less exciting, but then they require less development time and can be sold for cheaper. There's also the fact that people won't want to leave gaps in the roster: Corrin had a limited appeal compared to the other DLC characters, but I'm sure loads of people thought 'why not, might as well have them all.'

D

Deleted member

Here's something to talk about: the upcoming music update that should going up today. So far, we have these franchises left to get updates from. Now, I could be entirely wrong with who's left, but this is at the least what I've came up with.

Wario
Star Fox
Kid Icarus
Duck Hunt
Wii Fit / Mii
EarthBound / MOTHER
Punch-Out!!
Xenoblade Chronicles
Sonic The Hedgehog
Final Fantasy
Bayonetta

Who knows, maybe it's finally time we get to hear another Sonic remix? Or maybe we might actually get a Xenoblade remix that actually is worth a damn. If we get another MOTHER remix, it definitely has a lot to live up to after Smiles and Tears, Magicant and Onett from Smash 4, that's for sure.
You'll get Xenoblade Chronicles Medley Ver.2 and you'll like it! It cuts from Gaur Plains to You Will Know Our Names midway. The songs aren't actually remixed but rather just pasted together.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Sorry man. Smash doesn't care much for spoilers though, so I could easily see that being our stage. Mementos is also possible as a large, randomly generated dungeon stage. Feel free to replace Arle with Skull Kid if you believe he'd be more likely as a fan pick.
No worries, the game isn't exactly subtle with a lot of stuff (literally everything Akechi) so personally I'm okay with smaller spoilers that don't give away too much details. I was mainly mentioning it for others as well.

Also Mementos is actually a great idea for a stage, especially if they can get the whole "different every time" shtick to work with the background.

This is true, but to say none of us wanted to discuss leaks is a little much. There was quite a few people in that thread that did discuss the Ken leak, I distinctly remember seeing your image on Ken's polygons matching Ryu's or something along those lines that proved whoever made the model had to have access to the original Ryu model. When we actually had content to discuss (like Master0fHyrule, Vergeben comments, Hitaga comments) the thread went smoothly.

The biggest problem with that thread was the fact that when we had no leaks to discuss, people continued posting anyways. I'll admit that I was guilty of this at times. That, and the dumb arguments over characters. It was honestly a worse version of this thread for the most part.

A lot of us in the original thread came to a conclusion over the Ken leak due to the conversation had and evidence presented in that thread, so it wasn't completely useless. It just quickly devolved into "General 2.0" once we had nothing else to talk about.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
You say we can discuss leaks here, but we really can't. Not like in the previous thread. Like I said, discussion gets stonewalled here time and time again.

You even say it yourself, "Leaks are bull**** until proven otherwise." Most people share this sentiment, and have since even before I began the Leaks Count/Archive. Most leak discussion is shut down here because people don't want to think of it.
Funny, I've always thought a lot of discussion got shut down because of leaks and fantheories here.

"What do you think it means that Bethesda talked to Nintendo about Smash?"
"Bethesda doesn't make Ken or Incineroar, so nothing."
"But what about...?"
"Ken. And. Incineroar. Only."

I guess you always end up seeing what you expect to see...

Wario
Star Fox
Kid Icarus
Duck Hunt
Wii Fit / Mii
EarthBound / MOTHER
Punch-Out!!
Xenoblade Chronicles
Sonic The Hedgehog
Final Fantasy
Bayonetta

I'm actually surprised we haven't hit a KI remix yet, but Zeno is looking likely considering a lot of the Xeno composers are working on Smash.

But I also notice we aren't taking into consideration things like the Galaga or Snipperclips songs in that we could still get a song from a franchise without playable rep. Imagine if we got a Rhythm Heaven song and it posted with the generic music note - that's give us some discussion for a bit...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

That was particularly frustrating trying to re-rail the conversation.
And it would happen with absolutely everything.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Guys, do you think there is a possibility of Medusa (Palutena Echo) being announced late Oct for Halloween?
If we get a Medusa reveal in October, it'll be purely coincidental. Halloween doesn't make Ashley, Skull Kid, Medusa, or any other spooky character any more likely to get revealed than they would on a random day in July.

Not to mention that most parts of the world don't even celebrate Halloween.

I've never played Golden Sun, so Incineroar would actually be a bigger deal for me than Isaac. Not to say I wouldn't be happy for his fans, but he's one of those characters who I've never really connected with.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Wario
Star Fox
Kid Icarus
Duck Hunt
Wii Fit / Mii
EarthBound / MOTHER
Punch-Out!!
Xenoblade Chronicles
Sonic The Hedgehog
Final Fantasy
Bayonetta

My bias kinda craves Kid Icarus justice. There's so many amazing songs to remix or bring in. There's um, putting both songs from chapter 14 and remixing that for a shockingly powerful tune, or maybe another Underworld remix, except something more darker and mighty, and add a bit of the final boss theme from the original KI tune to it. *hint hint*
Some of you know what I mean when I mention these specific songs.

Heck, why not Chapter 5's ground battle to give Pandora some relevance? Though, something tells me we won't get KI music for a while for multiple theories. I'll definitely be all over almost any KI tune that appears, though. Almost anything to give us chances of more KI love after all. :ultpit:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

This is EXACTLY what happened with Shadow after E3 lmao
You'll get Xenoblade Chronicles Medley Ver.2 and you'll like it! It cuts from Gaur Plains to You Will Know Our Names midway. The songs aren't actually remixed but rather just pasted together.
Nah, we'll get a cheery upbeat Engage the Enemy remix

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
You know, it would be kind of a shame to see Isaac not get in after all this time, even though I'm not a direct supporter...
I don't, don't see why Nintendo would care about Isaac and Golden Sun when they got Xenoblade and Fire Emblem as their RPG style games now. There's nothing that stands out from Golden Sun other than it had good graphics.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Even though Bowser's a prick, they still invite him to parties and go-kart races. Does Samus invite Ridley to parties? Does Link invite Ganondorf to kart races?
Nope. That's how you know how evil they are ;).
Yeah, but, to be fair, they also don't invite Samus to go go Karting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom