• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I feel like Shadow will be the Mewtwo of this game.

A character everyone wants and expects to be in the base game, but just isn't.
I think Spring Man should be the first DLC character.
While I definitely think there's going to be a Mewtwo-like reveal for DLC, I honestly believe that Geno would fill that role better than Shadow/Spring Man.

Are more people here thinking the music theory is dead or Incineroar being in is dead? What's the general consensus?
I think more people are inclined to believe Vergeben at this point, so more people would think Incineroar is in than not. But this doesn't deconfirm any theory or leak until we get tangible evidence.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I think Spring Man should be the first DLC character.
Not seeing this tbh. Spring Man and ARMS have their fans sure, but I think the first DLC character is going to be another "big deal" character like Mewtwo. Someone like Banjo or Steve could fit that bill. As could an Isaac or Skull Kid. Maybe even Rex, idk.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Would it be the same start as this one with Mewtuw? Will Spring Man have the same "OMG!!! I never thought I need it" reaction?
Mewtwo is one of the most iconic and popular characters from one of Nintendo's most well-known franchises. In terms of hype, no potential newcomer would be on par with him so the comparison between Mewtwo and Spring Man seems pretty strange.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd cut Corrin in an instant for Geno
That's nice, but that wasn't the point. Corrin still has a lot of fans, they're just less vocal then the haters. And considering how well Fates sold, Corrin is probably more recognized then Geno these days as well. Not that I have anything against Geno, but you're either lying to yourself if you think Corrin isn't popular.

Although it's not like one cut veteran = one newcomer. Most of Corrin's assets could just be ported over from Smash 4.

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Corrin is obnoxious to fight. Same with Bayonetta.

I hate it when people spam side B with Dark Pit and back air with villager. Oh and that stupid Mario tilt combo.

Things like that make for glory annoying I hope ultimate mechanics fix issues like that

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
don't tell him guys
I love how you still believe vergeben is 100% right even after all the things he's gotten wrong before. He said there wouldn't be a new DK character in Smash. He said Skull Kid would be revealed, but it turned out to be K. Rool. He said it again, but it turned out to be Isabelle. He said Zarbon and Raditz would be in Dragon Ball FighterZ. He said the new Castlevania would be a Switch game, but today it was revealed to be a PS4 exclusive. "B-But muh bad sources!" All he does is backpedal when he's proven wrong. It amazes me that people still believe him. Why do you even feel the need to be a white knight and constantly defend this fraud, anyways?

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
would it make it worse if i told you the mlp community already has high quality plushies of pony bowsette

I kinda hope Nintendo makes this an actual thing now. I would love to see Bowsette be a character in something like a Mario & Luigi game. I think it'd be a lot of fun!
BRB going to go live on the Moon :p

DISCLAIMER: All opinions stated on the Peachette phenomenon is purely satire. Lord knows I of all people can’t judge anyone ;)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I love how you still believe vergeben is 100% right even after all the things he's gotten wrong before. He said there wouldn't be a new DK character in Smash. He said Skull Kid would be revealed, but it turned out to be K. Rool. He said it again, but it turned out to be Isabelle. He said Zarbon and Raditz would be in Dragon Ball FighterZ. He said the new Castlevania would be a Switch game, but today it was revealed to be a PS4 exclusive. "B-But muh bad sources!" All he does is backpedal when he's proven wrong. It amazes me that people still believe him. Why do you even feel the need to be a white knight and constantly defend this fraud, anyways?
Idk about the non-Smash stuff, but he never said Skull Kid - that was loz18. He also never stated about reveals being a certain character.

He never said no DK reps - he did hear that, but he didn't believe it, so he sent a PM to loz18 to ask him about it, except loz turned out to be a troll and he leaked the PM.

edit: he also actually said Isabelle would be in, not being sure if she was an echo. To say he's a fraud is a stretch, as it's likely he does have actual sources; real leakers exist.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Spoiler tags, people.
He said there wouldn't be a new DK character in Smash.
No he didn't.
He said Skull Kid would be revealed, but it turned out to be K. Rool. He said it again, but it turned out to be Isabelle
He never said anything about Skull Kid. You're confusing him with Loz18. He actually predicted Isabelle.

He's gotten some stuff wrong in the past but he's gotten pretty much everything he's said about Smash right so far. He's got real sources, so even if he messes up sometimes it's still looking pretty likely.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, a lot of the Shadow arguments are centered around “we haven’t seen his assist yet, and Knux is there to replace him!” Like how Isabelle’s Assist wasn’t seen and we got Kappn instead. Or how Skull Kid’s not been seen but there’s a new Moon assist. Wait...

And as for “everyone wants,” speak for yourself. I want to see that EGM hoax from 2002 finally become a reality first.
Shadow and Tails for Smash

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't white knight him. He's an asshole for using autism as an insult, his sources are hit or miss, his DBFZ stuff was outright wrong, his SCVI was mixed, he had a bunch of other stuff wrong, but let me tell you something. He has yet to be wrong on a single thing of Smash. And that's why I believe him. Laura Kate Dale had many sources for when the Switch was still called NX. Is she a fraud because a lot of stuff she said was wrong? No, because a fraud can't call Mario Rabbids. Just like how a fraud can't call no cuts, Ridley SPECIFICALLY at E3, Simon, Ken, Isabelle and no cuts. Why go to such lengths to smear someone's name, especially when you lied there by saying he called Skull Kid, which he NEVER did

D

Deleted member

Honestly. The only character that could possibly put a blemish on the roster at this point would be Incineroar. It's flawless, otherwise.
Then don't buy the game if Incineroar's presence would bother you that much.

And seriously, anyone who says **** like this:
I don't mean any ill will towards Incineroar supporters, but I really hope the next Direct pulls a Robin and confirms another Pokemon over Incineroar. Vergeben getting totally blown back would be the best thing ever.
Makes me sick.
Don't PRETEND to give a **** about the supporters and turn around to say their character would "blemish the roster" or "the leaker being wrong about them would be the best thing ever".

Either be fully committed to being an asshat or just keep your mouth shut.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly. The only character that could possibly put a blemish on the roster at this point would be Incineroar. It's flawless, otherwise.
"Roster blemishes"
Are they actually that big of a deal?

I don't understand why having a character you don't like on a roster is a deal breaker
Could someone explain?

Game could have Patrick Star in it and I'd still buy it cause it doesn't change the fact that I can play as Inkling or K. Rool now

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why do so many people hate like the one starter with an actual personality?

I mean its a little jarring.

"Roster blemishes"

I don't understand why having a character you don't like on a roster is a deal breaker
Could someone explain?

Game could have Patrick Star in it and I'd still buy it cause it doesn't change the fact that I can play as Inkling or K. Rool now
You say this and you know you'd main Patrick. (and then we'd have a ditto match lol)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"Roster blemishes"

Could someone explain?

Because the character is a character I didn't want, therefore it is gutter trush because it isn't the character I did want

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Then don't buy the game if Incineroar's presence would bother you that much.

And seriously, anyone who says **** like this:

Makes me sick.
Don't PRETEND to give a **** about the supporters and turn around to say their character would "blemish the roster" or "the leaker being wrong about them would be the best thing ever".

Either be fully committed to being an ****** or just keep your mouth shut.
Don't worry. I'll still buy the game even if Incineroar gets in anyways, and I'll have fun beating him up with Ivysaur.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Hey, I haven't been here a while and this is offtopic even though I agree on your statement... but...

Can you please explain to me what the hell is your icon?

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
So with Sakurai's latest Famitsu column it seems we really are near the end of the character reveals. He could always be lying to temper expectations, but since it's consistent with what he said at E3, probably not. That said, the roster is already more than enough as it is right now. My bigger concern is that Sakurai implied the game still isn't finished when we're 2 months from launch. I really hope they don't have to cut a lot of corners to make the deadline.

He said there wouldn't be a new DK character in Smash. He said Skull Kid would be revealed, but it turned out to be K. Rool. He said it again, but it turned out to be Isabelle.
He never said any of these things. You're free to criticize Verg all you want but at least make sure your facts are straight.
/SPOILER]

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Why do so many people hate like the one starter with an actual personality?

I mean its a little jarring.
If Incineroar's personality can shine throughout its moveset, then I will be completely fine with its inclusion.

Until I see it though, Incineroar is the most realistic newcomer that I'm least excited for.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So with Sakurai's latest Famitsu column it seems we really are near the end of the character reveals. He could always be lying to temper expectations, but since it's consistent with what he said at E3, probably not. That said, the roster is already more than enough as it is right now. My bigger concern is that Sakurai implied the game still isn't finished when we're 2 months from launch. I really hope they don't have to cut a lot of corners to make the deadline.

He never said any of these things. You're free to criticize Verg all you want but at least make sure your facts are straight.
/SPOILER]
Actually games are usually finished like a month before release, so that means Sakurai is most likely only doing some final playtesting and adjustments

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
"Roster blemishes"

Could someone explain?

The roster feels blemished to me because multiple characters are off-model in my eyes. :(

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

/SPOILER]
Usually what happens after a game goes gold is developers will work on things related to the game but not the actual game itself. Things like network infrastructure, website connectivity, all the little trimmings that are time sensitive and can only really be done when they have a finished project. They could also be working on last minute bugfixes to send out as a day one patch, which is common nowadays.

I wouldn't take that to mean much. If the game really wasn't done, they'd delay it another few months.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I like Decidueye though. He's my favorite of the Alola starters.
What personality does he have that isn't based in Pokken?

Like I keep trying to dodge this arguement because I've heard it so much but like... Pokken is where this "Cool but dorky" personality thing is coming from.

Not the main game, not the anime, not the concept art. Its all coming from a spin off fighting game. Where's the validity in that?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah I think I’m gonna take a bit of a break from speculation till we get an announcement or something, things have gotten a bit too trivial and repetitive for my liking and it hasn’t gotten much better so hope to see you all sometime in the near future.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Usually what happens after a game goes gold is developers will work on things related to the game but not the actual game itself. Things like network infrastructure, website connectivity, all the little trimmings that are time sensitive and can only really be done when they have a finished project. They could also be working on last minute bugfixes to send out as a day one patch, which is common nowadays.

I wouldn't take that to mean much. If the game really wasn't done, they'd delay it another few months.
I mean if Nintendo delays the game they're in for a LOT of flak, missing the holiday season for one of the only games they bothered to market this year and release it in February, a rather slow month for video games? Stock holders won't like that

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
he never said there wouldn't be a dk character...
he never said skull kid would be revealed....that was loz18
he actually predicted Isabelle...
so so far he has never been wrong about a prediction in smash ultimate.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
He has yet to be wrong on a single thing of Smash.
He said there wouldn't be a new DK character and that Isabelle would be an echo. He wasn't able to predict Daisy, K. Rool, or Richter, which makes no sense when you claim he was able to get all those other things right. How would he not know about those characters?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd only main Patrick if he had a purple palette.
Because reference.
I love being purple!

...It's shocking how many Spongebob memes and references I'm able to understand despite not being allowed to watch it as a kid.
What personality does he have that isn't based in Pokken?

Like I keep trying to dodge this arguement because I've heard it so much but like... Pokken is where this "Cool but dorky" personality thing is coming from.

Not the main game, not the anime, not the concept art. Its all coming from a spin off fighting game. Where's the validity in that?
Pokedex descriptions. All three starters had personalities fleshed out by those.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He said there wouldn't be a new DK character and that Isabelle would be an echo. He wasn't able to predict Daisy, K. Rool, or Richter, which makes no sense when you claim he was able to get all those other things right. How would he not know about those characters?
Leakers' sources don't have all the info.

Also, Isabelle, according to Sakurai's statements, seems to have been planned as an echo at least at some point, but even then Verge wasn't sure on that. And he never said we won't get a new DK character, just that he heard that, but he didn't even make that public because he didn't believe it :S loz18 just leaked the PM because loz18's a troll

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom