• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
People who can hardly wait to play Ultimate vs. people trying to get them to calm down be like

Meanwhile, Shin'En Multimedia are gonna reveal something tomorrow. Some people think it might be F-Zero, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, so we'll see what happens.

The real problem here is that people think that two more reveals will make the game a disappointment. You really don’t deserve this game, no wonder Sakurai left HAL because he hated this kind of stuff.

Also the people who think he’s lying, using Smash 4 as an argument, but these are just outright delusional
I thought he left because of people that bothered him during Air Ride's development? Well, that and the whole sequelization thing.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't call Incineroar Fire Lion please, because I'd actually REALLY WANT a sort of fire lion into Smash. And he's a tiger, not a lion. A cool Pokemon concept that was already majorly ****ed over with Pyroar and it's less than impressive stats.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm confident way less people would be disappointed in what remains if it remained a mystery up until the official reveal.
I respectfully disagree. I'm happy we got the box theory as a worst case scenario. If I would have gotten in in the last smash direct with expecting 5 fighters again, I would have been very disapointed (if the box theory turns out to be true).
By knowing the possibility of Ken and Incineroar being the last characters I had time to accept that, now being pretty content with the (worst case) roster and can move on to thinking about spirit mode for my last hype reveal...

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
At the risk of getting way off topic, I miss:

NiGHTS
Shining Force (new Shining stuff isn't even close)
Ecco the Dolphin
Panzer Dragoon
Jet Set Radio
Virtual On
Power Stone (Capcom, c'mon)
Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star Online (COUGH)
Shenmue Well, at least I got one of them. Here's to hoping it's good.

Hell, I'll take a sequel to Burning Rangers or Fighting Vipers at this point.
They made a new virtual on last year in japan

It was pretty good but no one bought it

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Ken and Incenroar will be one HOT reveal.

Get it? Because they're both fire based and the internet will engage in extreme levels of flaming

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Trailer open and Shadow just shoots Sonic... with a gun.

*looks at Mario* "Heh, looks like I'm you're rival now fat man!"

*Crush 40 blares*

Pre-orders plummet

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They made a new virtual on last year in japan

It was pretty good but no one bought it
Wha...

Oh **** I'm gonna google that right now!

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Y'know, when it comes to echo fighters, I feel like people are sleeping on Dark Meta Knight. Unlike Galacta Knight, we haven't seen Dark Meta Knight as an alt yet, nor was Meta Knight in the demo for us to find out. He'd also be an easy echo to implement, perhaps changing a few animations and giving some of his moves reflective properties, or even giving him a reskin of Pit's mirror shield! He could also have special animations for being screen KO'd and stamina KO'd; turning into glass and shattering. I think Dark Meta Knight is highly likely and should not be slept on to the extent that he has been.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Wha...

Oh **** I'm gonna google that right now!

It was a crossover with index characters. Sega higher ups thought more people would get interested in Virtual on if they crossover with a popular novel series but that clearly didnt work.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

yes, this better than the last one!
That’s honestly really bad...bad***
Reveals will slow down? Almost as if Sakurai really meant not to expect too many new characters and not 15 more. Absolutely shocking I know.
I’m just hoping for a trailer next month for Shadow, regardless of his edgy status...or an hour long video about Pit and all the Kid Icarus comtent in Smash Ultimate

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I respectfully disagree. I'm happy we got the box theory as a worst case scenario. If I would have gotten in in the last smash direct with expecting 5 fighters again, I would have been very disapointed (if the box theory turns out to be true).
By knowing the possibility of Ken and Incineroar being the last characters I had time to accept that, now being pretty content with the (worst case) roster and can move on to thinking about spirit mode for my last hype reveal...
Well, the box theory really isn't a leak and mostly just tells you how many characters remain. By that point, you'd concede that your favorite isn't in, and would just be wondering who remains. I'm talking leaks that specifically tell you who remain.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Everybody freaking out that Sakurai is trying to manage expectations?
Telling people reveals will get slower when it already happens only once a month (if even that) has probably not been thought through too thoroughly.

Personally, I think the upcoming reveals would have blown over a little better if the huge news dump happened this month instead of August.

It was a crossover with index characters. Sega higher ups thought more people would get interested in Virtual on if they crossover with a popular novel series but that clearly didnt work.
Damn, there go all chances of it being exported, could have been put up against the PS4/VR update of ZOE2.

Oh well, at least there's still Valkyria Chronicles 4 and the prospective Sega Ages releases.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Y'know, when it comes to echo fighters, I feel like people are sleeping on Dark Meta Knight. Unlike Galacta Knight, we haven't seen Dark Meta Knight as an alt yet, nor was Meta Knight in the demo for us to find out. He'd also be an easy echo to implement, perhaps changing a few animations and giving some of his moves reflective properties, or even giving him a reskin of Pit's mirror shield! He could also have special animations for being screen KO'd and stamina KO'd; turning into glass and shattering. I think Dark Meta Knight is highly likely and should not be slept on to the extent that he has been.
Just because they're easy to implement doesn't mean Sakurai is going to throw in every aesthetically similar character still unmentioned. It appears to be more about popular or noteworthy characters who likely wouldn't be given a shot if not for echo fighters.

Daisy, D. Samus, Chrom at least had support going into Ultimate and Ken/Richter may be surprises but they've certainly got a lot of notirety to them.

Basically Dark Meta Knight doesn't become anymore likely because he would be easy. And being absent from the game so far hasn't been a good basis for likeliness up until now. (as time goes one Isaac and Bandanna Dee is looking less and less likely)

Last edited:

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Well, the box theory really isn't a leak and mostly just tells you how many characters remain. By that point, you'd concede that your favorite isn't in, and would just be wondering who remains. I'm talking leaks that specifically tell you who remain.
Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Just wanted to come here since the majority of my Isabelle arguments were here and say this about Sakurai's Isabelle quotes from his new article.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if all the characters we're expecting to be in the base roster (Issac, Geno, Bandana Waddle Dee, Shadow etc.) end up as DLC. That alongside the more recent characters (ARMS rep, Rex and Pyra etc.) would make up the bulk of the DLC.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if all the characters we're expecting to be in the base roster (Issac, Geno, Bandana Waddle Dee, Shadow etc.) end up as DLC. That alongside the more recent characters (ARMS rep, Rex and Pyra etc.) would make up the bulk of the DLC.
At the very least though, I just hope Elma is on the base roster. Like if the last newcomers are Ken, Incineroar, the Square Enix newcomer, and her, I’d be satisfied if those were the remaining pre-DLC newcomers.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I really wouldn’t care of my favorites ended up as DLC or base. They’re pretty unlikely in the first place, so just seeing them would be great.

I do expect that some big names would get saved for DLC. I can’t see too many people going out of their way to buy WFT if she were DLC in Sm4sh.

I just hope we have a long support period. There are so many possibilities, so I’d love to see loads of DLC.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I feel like Shadow will be the Mewtwo of this game.

A character everyone wants and expects to be in the base game, but just isn't.
As much as it pains me to admit it, I think you’re right at this point. I just hope he’s not an Assist Trophy so I can at least campaign for him for DLC.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Surprised you're not one of those "Cut Young/Toon Link despite Link's changes" people.
Oh, I am. I just forgot about him.

I mean, I'm not opposed to there being 3 Links. Because they're all technically separate characters. But they could be doing more to differentiate them.

Like, okay, all of them using a sword and shield is a given. But Zelda series has, like, dozens of secondary weapons. There's zero reason all 3 of them should still be using bows and bombs as well.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It was initially planned for a summer release (You can watch the first Smash direct) and at E3 they confirmed an August release.
I mean, Smash 3DS did release in summer, that part was still correct. It just didn’t release in August.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I really wouldn’t care of my favorites ended up as DLC or base. They’re pretty unlikely in the first place, so just seeing them would be great.

I do expect that some big names would get saved for DLC. I can’t see too many people going out of their way to buy WFT if she were DLC in Sm4sh.

I just hope we have a long support period. There are so many possibilities, so I’d love to see loads of DLC.
I think Spring Man should be the first DLC character.

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
Are more people here thinking the music theory is dead or Incineroar being in is dead? What's the general consensus?

D

Deleted member

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DOOOONE?! :p
would it make it worse if i told you the mlp community already has high quality plushies of pony bowsette

I kinda hope Nintendo makes this an actual thing now. I would love to see Bowsette be a character in something like a Mario & Luigi game. I think it'd be a lot of fun!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I feel like Shadow will be the Mewtwo of this game.

A character everyone wants and expects to be in the base game, but just isn't.
Well, a lot of the Shadow arguments are centered around “we haven’t seen his assist yet, and Knux is there to replace him!” Like how Isabelle’s Assist wasn’t seen and we got Kappn instead. Or how Skull Kid’s not been seen but there’s a new Moon assist. Wait...

And as for “everyone wants,” speak for yourself. I want to see that EGM hoax from 2002 finally become a reality first.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
So I assume music theory is dead now since we just got a pokemon song on the blog.
I think the theoriy means not that music comes after or at the same time with the reveal of a new challanger. That it comes before an announcement is a possibility.

I think Spring Man should be the first DLC character
Would it be the same start as this one with Mewtuw? Will Spring Man have the same "OMG!!! I never thought I need it" reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom