• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So can someone give me the rundown on who Leaky Panda is and why we should believe them?
Leaky Pandy is a Supposed Leaker Who's only got like, one thing right (and that was the March Direct Date). Anyways, They're claiming that A Dragon Quest Character will be announced as a DLC Smash Character during the Game Awards, and that Skull Kid is a Boss. To be frank, I don't Believe them... (Though I still do think that Skull Kid is a Boss.)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Skull Kid is a boss and he turns into Majora's Wrath wouldn't it just make sense to name him Majora?
Because Skull Kid isn't his real name, it's the name of his species.

Sleeps with Butterflies

Smash Apprentice
If Skull Kid is a boss and he turns into Majora's Wrath wouldn't it just make sense to name him Majora?
Because Skull Kid isn't his real name, it's the name of his species.
Literally what I've been saying this whole time.

Keep Majora as a boss. Let Skully be playable. Everybody win. Everybody gay. The end.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Consider how Sakurai asked for K. Rool not to be used in other games before Smash so he could personally revive him in Ultimate.
Wait what? Is this a thing?

There are so many competing fantheories right now that it seems pointless to argue them. None of them can be proven or disproven without more evidence, and we’ve been in another information rut since K. Rool with the exception of a pupper confirmation. She didn’t even bring any new info with her!

I’m on team doubt regarding the box, but there are a lot of intriguing points and I wouldn’t be bummed if we were going to end with IncineKen. It just feels really anticlimactic to have reveals so front-loaded. The music theory, however, scares me. Mainly because my favorite series hasn’t really gotten a unique newcomer since Melee. I keep hoping that the BotW song went up to represent the Great Plateau stage and/or wrong-handed Link, and not to represent Zelda getting no newcomers.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Wait what? Is this a thing?

There are so many competing fantheories right now that it seems pointless to argue them. None of them can be proven or disproven without more evidence, and we’ve been in another information rut since K. Rool with the exception of a pupper confirmation. She didn’t even bring any new info with her!

I’m on team doubt regarding the box, but there are a lot of intriguing points and I wouldn’t be bummed if we were going to end with IncineKen. It just feels really anticlimactic to have reveals so front-loaded. The music theory, however, scares me. Mainly because my favorite series hasn’t really gotten a unique newcomer since Melee. I keep hoping that the BotW song went up to represent the Great Plateau stage and/or wrong-handed Link, and not to represent Zelda getting no newcomers.
Not confirmed, should've said that, but a trusted insider said this to a prominent DK podcast. A moderator on here repeated the claim.

With their track record of other things, this was a hail Mary of a guess.
I'd agree if I knew their track record...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Great, but who is he?
It seems he predicted the August Direct's timeframe.
LeakyPandy?

I don't remember anything about the August direct, but they did get the date of the March direct correct (and failed at getting any of its contents correct).

They're also vague, I'm sure to stick to their "no spoilers" policy, which makes no sense since they're leakers and people complaining about spoilers shouldn't even be on there...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm a bit worried for the two Zelda newcomers I really want when I take Verge's leak and the possibility of the box theory into consideration.

That said I'm not gonna be too torn up about it. Besides already getting a lot of characters I really wanted, I fully believe we'll be seeing DLC once again down the line. There's plenty of opportunities for various characters there. From other big successes on the ballot, to characters Sakurai himself already has a personal desire to add but couldn't do so in the base game. If your most wanted doesn't get in for the initial release, the battle still won't be over so soon.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Great, but who is he?
It seems he predicted the August Direct's timeframe.
LeakyPandy does no spoiler leaks (Only Skull kid being the exception since they felt that given the speculation him only being a boss would cause an incredible amount of outcry). So the best the really do is divulge time frames and generalities. They got the March 8th Direct date correctly and the information of Travis Strikes back correct. Everything else was wrong. They got the time frame of the Pokemon Press event that announced Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee correct. They also got a time frame for a big PR move in early august (turned out to be the Smash direct). They assumed it was an Indies thing, but that happened later in the month.

https://twitter.com/LeakyPandy/moments

They keep their track record public if You want to see what they've said.

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
This is just a summary of every reasoned and deductible conclusion we have based on current information. This guy basically just calls out Vergeben and then provides no worthwhile information. I feel like I could have gotten just as much out of this seeing somebody ask him:
"Hey, is this popular character gonna be in the game?"
"Are there 108 stages?"
"Do you know anything new or interesting at all?"

And he just replies "... Maaaaaaybe" with about 12 winky face emojis.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So can someone give me the rundown on who Leaky Panda is and why we should believe them?
Leaky Panda is apparently a leaker. However, he (they?) have gotten many things wrong in the past and aren’t reliable.

This is an interesting read...

According to him, Vergeben didn’t really change a lot, and is in danger of getting one of sources screwed, which means some information may be spoofed. There also may be an SE character coming since “apparently” all the insiders know a character is coming, but is being locked tight as no one really knows who it is. And apparently the Pokémon Rep still seems to be a bit iffy and people aren’t 100% sure yet if it’s Incineroar or who know’s what. And, in early October we may get someone a la a Robin/Lucina reveal.

There’s a lot of interesting things here, the only thing I’m a little iffy on is how many newcomers are in the game. 17-20? A little too large for just uniques, so maybe with echoes it can work.

Keeping it around, but it’s more of a “wait and see” type of thing.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
LeakyPandy does no spoiler leaks (Only Skull kid being the exception since they felt that given the speculation him only being a boss would cause an incredible amount of outcry). So the best the really do is divulge time frames and generalities. They got the March 8th Direct date correctly and the information of Travis Strikes back correct. Everything else was wrong. They got the time frame of the Pokemon Press event that announced Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee correct. They also got a time frame for a big PR move in early august (turned out to be the Smash direct). They assumed it was an Indies thing, but that happened later in the month.

https://twitter.com/LeakyPandy/moments

They keep their track record public if You want to see what they've said.
Leaky Panda is apparently a leaker. However, he (they?) have gotten many things wrong in the past and aren’t reliable.

This is an interesting read...

According to him, Vergeben didn’t really change a lot, and is in danger of getting one of sources screwed, which means some information may be spoofed. There also may be an SE character coming since “apparently” all the insiders know a character is coming, but is being locked tight as no one really knows who it is. And apparently the Pokémon Rep still seems to be a bit iffy and people aren’t 100% sure yet if it’s Incineroar or who know’s what.

And, in early October we may get someone a la a Robin/Lucina reveal.

There’s a lot of interesting things here, the only thing I’m a little iffy on is how many newcomers are in the game. 17-20? A little too large for just uniques, so maybe with echoes it can work.
I'm getting conflicting info here...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Literally what I've been saying this whole time.

Keep Majora as a boss. Let Skully be playable. Everybody win. Everybody gay. The end.
No offense but this is on the same levels of arguments as "Ridley on Pyrosphere is his clone! Ridley can still be playable!". It has to be one or the other dude. I don't mean that in a way that it can't happen, but because it hasn't ever happened, it's safer to assume it still won't until proven wrong.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
That GameFaqs threads look like me when I had an essay and was just trying to find a way to make it as long as possible while saying nothing.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
So, how do you tier rank the Smashers by how much you like them outside of Smash?
For me:
I love you and you deserve better tier: :ultsonic:

Based tier: :ultrichter::ultsimon::ultlink::ultganondorf::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultsheik::ultwario::ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultvillager:

need to try harder with the next game or im done with the series tier: :ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultpokemontrainer::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultchrom::ultroy::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultcorrin:

I like the other game in their franchise tier::ultcloud:

id care if you werent dead now tier::ultfalcon::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultsnake::ultness::ultlucas:

i dont care: :ultbayonetta::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultkrool::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultdoc::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultridley::ultrob::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultryu::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultzss:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
No offense but this is on the same levels of arguments as "Ridley on Pyrosphere is his clone! Ridley can still be playable!". It has to be one or the other dude. I don't mean that in a way that it can't happen, but because it hasn't ever happened, it's safer to assume it still won't until proven wrong.
Well atleast for Skull Kid they’re not the same person as Majora.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Whether or not that rumor is real. It does ask the possibility that Verge's source did indeed get caught.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The way I say see is Skull Kid is who it starts off with as a boss. After beating him though. Skull Kid is finally free and you soon fight Majora and his other forms going forward.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Skull Kid is a boss, and a small one at that, then assuming the bosses are in a new adventure/sse hybrid or something, why couldn't he be playable as well?

I mean: beat Skull Kid, he joins you, you unlock him. Going back a level and having Skull Kid vs. Skull Kid shouldn't matter, because it won't affect the story. It's not like Smash itself makes any more sense.

This becomes better if the boss is mainly just Majora and its transformations, as Skull Kid as a fighter likely wouldn't have the mask transform except for maybe his Final Smash.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Sounds like we are about to have some floodgates open in the near future. Good video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom