• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Whether or not that rumor is real. It does ask the possibility that Verge's source did indeed get caught.
I mean its possible that he's getting spoonfed bad info this time. But there's no way to prove or even think that's probable at this point.

He hasn't been out right wrong yet.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The way I say see is Skull Kid is who it starts off with as a boss. After beating him though. Skull Kid is finally free and you soon fight Majora and his other forms going forward.
I don't think this is particularly likely to happen, but I really like the concept. If you had this in a (actually well done) story mode it could be even more interesting. There's potential there.

Though even without a story it could still be fairly nice. Maybe as a Boss Rush reward or something.

In roughly two weeks, it'll have been 2 months since the 8.8 Direct, and it'll also be exactly 2 months until the game launches.

Yeah, it's pretty dry out here.
In the grand scheme of things there's really not much time left until the game comes out.

So I'd say that's a good thing lol

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That GameFaqs threads look like me when I had an essay and was just trying to find a way to make it as long as possible while saying nothing.
My thoughts exactly.

There's no reason to keep eyes on it because it says nothing.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think this is particularly likely to happen, but I really like the concept. If you had this in a (actually well done) story mode it could be even more interesting. There's potential there.

Though even without a story it could still be fairly nice. Maybe as a Boss Rush reward or something.

In the grand scheme of things there's really not much time left until the game comes out.

So I'd say that's a good thing lol
I'd still say a Direct in October to hold us over until launch would be nice.

November just seems 'too' close to launch, and also cutting into marketing Let's Go as the black Friday title.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
In roughly two weeks, it'll have been 2 months since the 8.8 Direct, and it'll also be exactly 2 months until the game launches.

Yeah, it's pretty dry out here.
We just had Isabelle revealed. Are we really this impatient for Smash news? He can only show so much. It's not like he has a 80 characters to show every day until the game comes out.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
At least the "el dorado" guy didn't commited any obvious or glaring mistake that could make us instantly say fake... couple of juicy stuff but the smae reason why i don't have any reason to don't believe him.. i don't have any reason to believe him either...

Skull kid as a boss is something that have been discussed before... sadly he getting upgraded to a boss also helps explain the moon AT and his AT absence. As a ridley supporter i know that your most wanted characetr being a boss is not a consolation proze .... but if we see teh bright side, bosses are leagues more interesting now that they were in smash 4 (ugh)
Still.. this guy says literally nothing regarding skull kid, I do think that all teh evidence suggest that he is no longer an Assist Trophy, and he is still have a role in the game... take it as you like.

the only interesting thing he says is that we should expecting a similar number of newcomers than brawl (im assuming echoes and uniques) still this feel a little iffy, and i would recommend believe it with a lot of caution....

We know that there will be another smash direct for spirits mode at least, so if incineroar gets revealed out of the blue, it would be very strange to have a direct withouth a character reveal (echoes don't count) so there is that...

Still i think that even if the box theory is 100% true, we may still get a #70 newcomer as a surprise... but this is mostly wishful thinking and i don't think we will get near Brawl numbers unless it cames with a bunch of surprise echoes (very unlikely)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The rumors here also have as much weight as her chest; that being nonexistent.
This girl is getting roasted!
EDIT: But seriously, are we desperate for ESRB to come in and put us out of our 'misery'? Are we at that point yet?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
We just had Isabelle revealed. Are we really this impatient for Smash news? He can only show so much. It's not like he has a 80 characters to show every day until the game comes out.
The game has two months until it comes out.

We've yet to see anything related to All Star, sub-games like HRC, Trophies, and, oh right, the big elephant in the room.

Spirits Mode.

One character isn't enough to tide us over when we've had two Smash Directs 2 months apart from one another.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Soo...

Smart people tell me if I should trust Leaky Pandy and if not, why shouldn't I. Thank you. I just really want Geno in this game and if this Leaky Pandy feller says otherwise I'll die.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, how do you tier rank the Smashers by how much you like them outside of Smash?
For me:
God Tier: :ultlink::ultyounglink::ultsamus::ultzss::ultsnake:
Amazing Tier: :ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultbayonetta::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultike::ultshulk:
Cool Tier: :ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultridley::ultfalcon::ultrichter::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultpokemontrainer::ultcloud:
Alright Tier: :ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultness::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultryu:
Don't Care Tier: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina::ultdoc::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultolimar::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultdarkpit::ultmarth::ultroy::ultlucina::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultpacman::ultmiifighters:
"Ugh!" Tier: :ultchrom::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultsonic:
God Tier: :ultchrom:
Other Favorites Tier: :ultmarth::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultgreninja::ultmario::ultluigi::ultmewtwo:
I Really Like Them Tier: :ultpikachu: :ultdk::ultyoshi::ultlink::ultzelda::ultrosalina::ultrob::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultsimon:::ultsnake:
Neutral Tier: :ultdoc::ultbowserjr::ultdaisy::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultwiifittrainer::ultvillager::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultridley::ultsamus::ultroy::ultike::ultpichu::ultjigglypuff::ultinkling::ultdarksamus::ultshulk::ultsheik::ultrichter::ultness::ultgnw::ultlucas::ultmiifighters::ultduckhunt::ultcloud::ultrobin:ultpit::ultdarkpit:
THE BABY Tier: :ultzss:
Bad VA Tier: :ultfalcon:
Not My Thing Tier: :ultbayonetta:
Bottom Tier: :ultcorrin:

If I forgot anyone they're in neutral probably.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Soo...

Smart people tell me if I should trust Leaky Pandy and if not, why shouldn't I. Thank you. I just really want Geno in this game and if this Leaky Pandy feller says otherwise I'll die.
I wouldn't trust them... They only got like two things right, and got a bunch of other stuff wrong... I think Geno is safe... (for Now..,)

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
May not have partaken in the debates much, but it definitely looked like the VergeBen and Box Theory talk repeated itself way more than a few times, and eventually just stopped going anywhere because there was nothing new to prove or disprove it anymore.

You can doubt or believe the whole box thing, but it's kinda at a standstill either way. Only time will tell how true all of this holds now (though unless by some chance we get another Gemastu situation and the info's outdated, I really think Verge's leak is gonna hold true for the base game).

I'd still say a Direct in October to hold us over until launch would be nice.

November just seems 'too' close to launch, and also cutting into marketing Let's Go as the black Friday title.
That would be nice, it'd be another short period of time between the info bombs about the game, better holding the fanbase over until the launch. It'd also give them a chance to just reveal the remaining newcomers themselves before someone gets the opportunity to leak the entire roster again, although I'm not sure just how much Nintendo cares about averting that outcome.

Skull Kid being a boss would be seriously disappointing. A lot of people say it's an upgrade but it's actually a downgrade because that means he has absolutely no chance being dlc. Where as Waluigi(funnily enough) and Ashley could easily have their assist trophy status replaced.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
LeakyPandy shouldn't be listened to at all to be honest. His track record is mostly wrong and so I don't think he's worth paying attention to.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Skull Kid being a boss would be seriously disappointing. A lot of people say it's an upgrade but it's actually a downgrade because that means he has absolutely no chance being dlc. Where as Waluigi(funnily enough) and Ashley could easily have their assist trophy status replaced.

Let's just do what the Hyrule Warriors fans did when they didn't get him
I do think he'd be cooler as a boss than an assist trophy, but I'd rather he be nothing or just a regular trophy. I want my votes in a potential Smash Ballot 2 to count for DLC, dang it.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I think Skull Kid's a boss. The color theory just doesn't support his inclusion. We already have his colors covered by Simon, Ridley, and Inkling.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Back in Brawl I really enjoy the Boss Battles. It was sad it didn’t really came back for Smash4 but now that it looks to be back somewhat I hope to see more bosses that would be epic to fight with.

Regarding Skull Kid I think he would fit better as a Boss character and would be fun to battle against. It seems likely that he could be a Boss but we’ll see.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Doesn't help too Loz18 was revealed to be a fraud decreasing Skull Kids chances. I'm honestly inclined to believe he maybe a boss as well.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I want the game to just come out so these stupid rumors will just stop
You and me both, tbh.

I'm just totally burnt out on rumors and "leaks" again. There's only one leak I currently have faith in, I couldn't care less about the rest of them (which are almost all positively fake) anymore.

There may still be leaks for DLC, but I don't think we'll see an insanely huge influx of them like we have during the pre-release period. I hope we don't, anyway......

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think Skull Kid's a boss. The color theory just doesn't support his inclusion. We already have his colors covered by Simon, Ridley, and Inkling.
if tougon is liking this, this is probably a meme theory, but I will bite anyways... what the hell is a the color theory (not talking about goethe xD)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom