• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
The theory is from the average of character post

Multiplied times the remaining

Minus the ones not shown left

We get 6-8 newcomers left (result is 7)

2.9 (the average per week which is 41 divided by 14 as of this post) x number of weeks left - characters that did not get a character of the day post yet = aproxiately 7 so 6-8
But at the same time, we've had weeks with 2 or even 4 reveals.

The number isn't static.

We can't really say for sure until November rolls around.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The Chosen Undead would be a ****ing cool ass choice for a dlc character... don’t know what their final smash could be though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The Chosen Undead would be a ****ing cool *** choice for a dlc character... don’t know what their final smash could be though.
Rekindle the first flame with their own body. Fire hits Fullscreen and kills everyone. Afterwards, you constantly stay on fire and take damage until you die.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Guys, I got a really good theory. It's called the Color Theory. Lets pull up some of the most basic colors. These are White, Black, Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, Brown, Pink, Orange, and Purple. Now lets see the newcomers. Echos not included.

Red: ???
Orange: Female Inkling
Yellow: Isabelle
Green: K. Rool
Blue: Male Inkling
Purple: Ridley
White: ???
Black: ???
Pink: ???
Brown: Simon

Now, we don't have fighters for Pink, Black, White, and Red. This means the remaining newcomers will be of these colors. Red seems like the obvious pick for Incineroar, Bandana Dee, or maybe even Rex (not Toy Story, sadly) and Pyra. I personally go for Incineroar due to Vergeofhumanextinctionben. Next is pink. The easy pick here seems to be Dixie. I don't see her matching Diddy's playstyle too well, so I can see a semi working well for her. Next is black. Many can work here, but I personally think it will be Black Shadow. A semi working like old Ganon with a spin of his own stuff sounds great. Now, the last color is white.

Now, this is important. A white Smash Bros. character. Who would it be? Well, I have one idea, and I believe it to be something that was staring at us since the N64 days.

gogogo.png None other than Sans the goddamn Skeleton from Undertale. Fighter 73. This is the climax. Pack your bags everybody, it's over.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Guys, I got a really good theory. It's called the Color Theory. Lets pull up some of the most basic colors. These are White, Black, Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, Brown, Pink, Orange, and Purple. Now lets see the newcomers. Echos not included.

Red: ???
Orange: Female Inkling
Yellow: Isabelle
Green: K. Rool
Blue: Male Inkling
Purple: Ridley
White: ???
Black: ???
Pink: ???
Brown: Simon

Now, we don't have fighters for Pink, Black, White, and Red. This means the remaining newcomers will be of these colors. Red seems like the obvious pick for Incineroar, Bandana Dee, or maybe even Rex (not Toy Story, sadly) and Pyra. I personally go for Incineroar due to Vergeofhumanextinctionben. Next is pink. The easy pick here seems to be Dixie. I don't see her matching Diddy's playstyle too well, so I can see a semi working well for her. Next is black. Many can work here, but I personally think it will be Black Shadow. A semi working like old Ganon with a spin of his own stuff sounds great. Now, the last color is white.

Now, this is important. A white Smash Bros. character. Who would it be? Well, I have one idea, and I believe it to be something that was staring at us since the N64 days.

View attachment 165611None other than Sans the Skeleton from Undertale. Fighter 73. This is the climax. Pack your bags everybody, it's over.
If any White Character is getting into smash, It better Be A Rhythm Heaven Rep...
EDIT: Looking back at this post a month later, it sounds so wrong out of context...

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
But at the same time, we've had weeks with 2 or even 4 reveals.

The number isn't static.

We can't really say for sure until November rolls around.
It does have an average though.

Roughly 2.9 newcomers per week (9 times out of 10, it's 3 newcomers per week)

Meaning it's still in track for 6-8 newcomers if it keeps the trend going, which it seems to be for now

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It does have an average though.

Roughly 2.9 newcomers per week (9 times out of 10, it's 3 newcomers per week)
It does.

But the problem is, we can't make any final judgments of how many characters we have left based on this alone.

For all we know, the next time we get a Direct, there could be a week with only 2 characters, for example.

It's a theory, but it's also something that;s more or less something we can't prove one way or another until the next Direct/November.

SuperMar10Main3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4828-5813-0914
User was warned for this post - spam
Like this comment if you are going to main Simon Belmont or Richter Belmont!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
What's interesting about the Blog theory is what the first blog post was. In one day was I think 5 to 7 posts from the E3 direct.
Who's to say that the next big update won't just all be posted in one day with may a couple of leftovers in the next couple of days?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That’s awful, hilarious and hilariously awful.
At worst? An even playing field that can give you an upper hand last-minute.
At best? +3 to +7 ****ing annihilator at the cost at -1 if you get killed before time runs out.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Like this comment if you are going to main Simon Belmont or Richter Belmont!

I mean, I might consider if I really wanted to be the next Rizeasu, but I'll hold for now. This sounds very clickbaity though...

Edit: I wonder how many people here know who he is.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
It does.

But the problem is, we can't make any final judgments of how many characters we have left based on this alone.

For all we know, the next time we get a Direct, there could be a week with only 2 characters, for example.

It's a theory, but it's also something that;s more or less something we can't prove one way or another until the next Direct/November.
Of course. I will say that over in the discord that I am in, we found out that the delay proved that they are keeping to a strict character schedule (at the moment, like you said it can change).

The Ganondorf post tonight was actually supposed to be from last week, it's an older blog number. Additionally they have skipped over other blogs (there are a few missing in the 130's and 143 was skipped; Ganondorf was 144), meaning they prioritize character posts at the moment, over other posts likely containing items, etc. They are keeping to a strict schedule for the moment on characters, that's all I meant

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm still kinda sad we didn't get Trevor.
or julius
or christopher
who else was a belmont in nintendo games

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
or julius
or christopher
When I saw the 2nd whip, I instantly thought Trevor Belmont.

Though I'm cool with Richter too. I just wish they had used the actual, meme line from the game instead of the redub version.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
or julius
or christopher
Julius would teleport his opponents into an eclipse and break the game out of hype.

Last edited:

SuperMar10Main3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4828-5813-0914
Whatever they do with Smash 5, I hope it sticks to ONE system. They had to lower the bar to meet the needs of the 3DS's
I'm making one of them a secondary. Does that count?
Yeah it counts! I just wanted to see what people thought of my childhood hero. I grew up playing Castlevania and I was very exited to see the Belmonts come to SSB5!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Julius would teleport his opponent's into an eclipse and break the game out of hype.
You could say he's so hype he can't even get his own 1999 game because it would be too powerful.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
You were two seconds too late on that one fam

The meme line isn't actually what he said tho. The redub is more accurate to the original meaning.
I know it's not what he 'actually' says, but it'd probably help people recognize him.

Us old codgers recognize "DIE MONSTER! YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!" as much as we recognize stuff like All your base or Air Man won't die.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo does announce a character behind closed doors I have to wonder if it would be either Pokémon character or... Geno

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Japanese direct translation should be "Begone! You don't belong in this world, monster!" or something close to that.
Yes but I mean what does he say here? I've heard about him having a line after the fact but I have not heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom