• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

Ngl though, it'd be super cool if they chose from the popular, unique, non-lord characters. I just don't see it ever happening.

If we ever got a mage I really hope it's Micaiah, since Radiant Dawn was basically:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
There's also the "Super Smash Bros. x Super Mario RPG" screen that showed up at the end of that gameplay clip, so he definitely got special treatment.
Didn't Tekken with Heihachi and like...Virtua Fighter got that screen too?
I might be confusing or not remembering well

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm hoping, if another SE rep. get's in, Geno ends up getting revealed alongside them somehow (if he isn't the sole SE rep), or ends up as DLC.

I have yet to play SMRPG, but I still consider him among my most wanted (the others being Banjo-Kazooie and, well, Skull Kid, of course), so I'd be disappointed to see him not make the roster yet again, despite how Sakurai seems to want him. Someone pointed out in the Geno thread that they had to license Beware the Forest Mushrooms, but just for his 10-second Mii Costume clip? There's also the "Super Smash Bros. x Super Mario RPG" screen that showed up at the end of that gameplay clip, so he definitely got special treatment.

I also like Minecraft Steve and would personally enjoy an Undertale rep. but they're low-priority, and Steve may end up being weird. Also Porky Minch and Ninten would be cool.
See this is why Geno not being in just won't click for me.

They went through all that effort for a simple Mii Costume, indicating it was damn easy to get a hold of the guy, the music, all that.
...so why not the character?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
While in this social context I might come across as a Negative Nancy (or at least a Somber Sammy), allow me to indulge in what could be possible for a moment.

Last Direct in late Oct or first week of Nov, Incineroar looks fun, oh hey it's Ken, new mode and a few other details blow everyone away. It concludes:

Let's recap:
  • 76 playable fighters
  • 103 stages
  • 52 assist trophies
  • 48 Pokemon
  • 83 additional items
  • 820 stage music tracks
  • Home Run Contest and Classic Mode
  • Squad Strike & Smashdown
  • ... and [the exciting new mode]
There has never been a game quite like this. We have worked hard to make sure this Super Smash Bros. game really is "Ultimate."

However, we are going to keep working hard after the game's release on December 7. Before we go, I'd like to share a sneak peak of what's to come.

[video]

That's right--more echo fighters will be joining the battle.

[3-pane calendar]
  • Dixie Kong is an echo fighter of Diddy Kong, and will be joining the battle in January.
  • The Octolings are joining as the Inkling's echo fighter in February...
  • And in March, you'll get to play as Sonic's echo fighter, Shadow the Hedgehog.
We're happy to announce that all three of these echo fighters will be provided to subscribers of Nintendo Switch Online as a free bonus.

And now, we have one final announcement. We will also start work on an all-new character, who will mark the 80th fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I hope you look forward to this as you enjoy the game:

[character cinematic]
This would be such a cool way of doing a final pre-launch announcement and I think it would even satisfy people who would be upset over having 2 more characters in the base game. I can almost see it happening next month. And I can't imagine the amount of people that will get a NSO membership for Shadow. Heck, this would probably be what gets me to buy one.

(but it makes too much sense for Nintendo to do imo)

"EVERYONE IS HAPPY!"

D

Deleted member

I think Geno will be given the Mario series icon, as his Mii Costume got that in Smash 4.
Did it? When? Looking at the splash screen that people seem to bring up a lot, the background shows the Smash 4 version of the Smash Ball.
geno.png

D

Deleted member

Idk, I just went off the DLC page on Smash Wiki where they gave him the Mario icon.
Yeah, that's just a SmashWiki thing. The trailer and the website don't show him (or any costume) with a symbol.

IMO Geno should have the Mushroom icon though sense he is technically a Mario character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y'know, I really like how Saria's Song is the most emphasized part of the Ocarina of Time Medley.

Just noticed this again after watching Ganondorf's trailer again.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Imagine Nintendo just randomly drops out a smash trailer that was shown behind closed doors, this place would basically become crashboards...

Is that what basically happened to Pac-Man?

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Not expecting anything from TGS. We just got a trailer, and even if the direct didn't get delayed I feel it'd still be too soon.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I totally agree with you that point. But weirdly, I'm not feeling it anymore for Geno since the Music Theory get more and more truth... And why you might asks? It's a dumb reason but...

You would think that if Nintendo got the right for Geno for Smash...they wouldn't remove his Cameo from the M&L superstar saga remake.

Yes it's a dumb reason. But the fact that he disappeared there made me worried that Square was against using Geno again-
The licensing to use Geno in the Superstar Saga remake would be completely different from the licensing to use him in Smash, even if Geno was in Smash Nintendo would have to go out and license Geno separately for Superstar Saga, which could have simply been deemed not worth it for a non-essential cameo.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The licensing to use Geno in the Superstar Saga remake would be completely different from the licensing to use him in Smash, even if Geno was in Smash Nintendo would have to go out and license Geno separately for Superstar Saga, which could have simply been deemed not worth it for a non-essential cameo.
Really? I myself did feel a bit down about Geno's removal. It's nice to know there's a genuine reason.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
To those that want to know something new that was shown at TGS.

New Kingdom Hearts Trailer came out, and the release date went from January 29th down to January 25th.

Resident Evil 2:Remake got a small new trailer and a release date of January 25th 2019 (that’s the same day as KH3, what the ****).

And those are the big ones I could find.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Imagine Nintendo just randomly drops out a smash trailer that was shown behind closed doors, this place would basically become crashboards...

Is that what basically happened to Pac-Man?
Yeah, except everyone here knew about it the minute it was shown behind closed doors.

Shroob

Sup?
And that’s another one for the blog theory aka the mathematical theory
3 characters a week is standard, that's nothing new.

The blog theory can't really be proven until either the next direct happens, or we get to the month before launch.

There's still wayyyyy too many veterans at this point for them to consider slowing down.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I swear I heard you talk about making a bet with your avatar or something...
Oh, that was about if Incineroar got in. I said that if he got in by the Nintendo Direct (already passed) or Smash Direct, then I would change my avatar and personal info to include him for a month.

The Sonic stuff... is because I'm done maining Link. I have moved on to Sonic, and I'm not sure where else I will go from there.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We're basically going to make an actual mathematical theory at the rate we're coming up with theories.

The theory is from the average of character post

Multiplied times the remaining

Minus the ones not shown left

We get 6-8 newcomers left (result is 7)

2.9 (the average per week which is 41 divided by 14 as of this post) x number of weeks left - characters that did not get a character of the day post yet = aproxiately 7 so 6-8

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Realistically if there were to be an announcement for Smash Bros at Tokyo Game Show, it probably wouldn't be as significant as Isabelle. I'm expecting nothing or only one Echo Fighter to be announced, but even then nothing being announced is much more likely than something like Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom