• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Well, Isabelle is top tier.

Why?

Because I will hunt down anyone who brings harm to the goodest doggo.

Seriously, how can they expect me to PUNCH ISABELLE AAAAAAA

(But naw EXCITE!)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that it's over, I'll share my thoughts I guess.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is pretty cool. Looks like the Mansion this time is a huge tower like one.
That Capcom Beat Em Up Collection is pretty damn cool. Though I wish FF2 and 3 were on it I'm still interested.
Mega Man 11 unfortunately showed their stuff with Bounce Man off early. But the Amiibo works like Hyrule Warriors drops I guess, free E-Tanks can help.
FF 7, FF 9, FFX, FFX2, AND FF12 are coming to Nintendo systems? That's the craziest thing I've seen this direct. That's ****ing huge.
Toadette can turn into Fake Peach. Weird. Also, RIP Blue Toad.
Wolf is in Star Link too, makes sense, even if it was likely.
Yoshi's Crafted World has some neat stuff in it. Namely playing levels backwards.
Super Mario Party looks like the return to form we've been needing for the most part.
Isabelle's in the game, not someone I care for personally, but I got my ****** so we're good.
Octolings can do Frieza's Death Ball.
New Animal Crossing, too bad Tom Nook wasn't the playable character, since I'm more familiar with him.
Another Lego game.
Board games on you video game sys......zzzzzz.
Still no Metroid Prime 4. Will my hunger be sated? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

DEAMON X MACHINA! LET'S GO THAT GAME LOOKS SICK! I NEED IT!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Watched her showcase video and yeah, she shares pocket, Villager's FS and grab.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That trailer was perfect for Animal Crossing and what they were trying to achieve.

Luigis Mansion 3, all that Final Fantasy, Isabelle in Smash.

That was pretty much my highlights.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I admit Isabelle's trailer wasn't exactly "hype", but it was cute and it fit the character. Some of you guys need to stop hatin'.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If it's not Isabelle tied to an Animal Crossing announcement, I'll eat my hat.

Sakurai doesn't wanna be responsible for that hospital bill, so it'll happen. Mark my words.
Well what do you know, as it turns out...
Sakurai cared about my health after all. ;)

I'd like to thank all the people who constantly say that the fact something has never happened before means it won't happen. You made this victory possible and even sweeter for me.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Isabelle, huh? I haven't played Animal Crossing since City Folk so I'm not SUPER excited, but yeah, hooray for her supporters.

Also we've reached the 4400th page

The-4400-tv-logo.png

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I guess Vergeben was right. Now we can stop focusing on Loz and more on Vergeben!

I would have posted it earlier but the server kept giving me a bad gateway error, like it wanted to crash...

Shroob

Sup?
So, who's ready to admit Loz18 was a fraud all along, that chair theory was silly, and that Vergeben is 'probably' right.

He's STILL 100% for his leaks.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Yep. Shantae is fine, the focus of her game isn't her boobs.

Isabelle as a non-echo. She'd kill plenty of people's hype because she isn't a constantly requested character like Ridley and K. Rool, she's pretty much expected to be a Villager echo, and her happy-go-lucky pacifist personality and cutesy appearance wouldn't hype people up.
...I literally brought this upon myself. God dammit. Either way, it was a very underwhelming reveal, and the fact that she's basically the Doctor Mario to Villager's Mario just disappoints me, when she could've easily been an echo of Villager. The direct was pretty underwhelming in general, though, but Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing Switch are super hype for me, and I plan on getting my hands on FFVII when it releases next year.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Okay everyone, let's rate the direct.

I give it a 7/10 because Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing
4/10. Barely anything new but ports and Animal Crossing. Isabelle is as plain as I imagined she would be, and by far the worst reveal trailer. Also no Three Houses and no X port.

Gonna be honest, Isabelle looks awful, y'all had a ton of better ideas for her and now I'm disappointed she's just a semi-clone.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I figured that since Echoes were a thing we wouldn't see any semi-clones. This isn't the most hype announcement they could've made imo, but I guess they had to reveal her some time.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
The coolest thing of Isabelle's reveal it's how it has thrown away what the fans expected to see as Echo Fighters
and that semiclones/Wolf-esque clones can still be a thing

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
Just watched the direct with my little sister! Isabelle was a surprise but a welcomed one! I honestly didn't think she'd get in!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Wait, there was totally a leak that called this (said she was a unique character) with final smash that had her building a building (not a house) and being able to trap multiple characters. Anyone find that leak? Because its real now.

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
Well another AT has been promoted to playable. When the trailer ended and it showed Tom Nook I thought for a sec he was gonna be playable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm surprised Isabelle isn't next to Wario and Dedede in the banner considering what she's doing. Their reactions seem accurate to that response.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Awesome Direct. So much good stuff announced.

Pretty lame Smash reveal though, if I'm honest.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
J guess this means that Vergeben is 100 legit with his leaks!!
Isabelle wasn't an out there prediction to be honest. Heck, most people expected her, just as an echo. I predicted she would happen months ago and she's one of the 5 characters I said would happen.

Verge tends to get things more wrong as time goes on, which is why I wouldn't trust him as a source, even if he ends up being right. By the way, totally expect him to make a new "leak" tonight given this.

Also, I'm happy Isabelle is in.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Well after getting my two most wanted (Ridley and K Rool) I was already more excited than I had any right to be. Isabelle is by far at the bottom of the pile when it comes to excitement for newcomers but hey, I love the AC series and I enjoy playing as villager so there’s no need for complacency on my end.

Congrats to her fans. Hopefully we get another direct within in the next month or so to show off more characters. I feel like the reveal itself worked well in being tied to a new AC game reveal. Someone who’s more of a traditional fan request (Geno, Isaac etc) will work better for a dedicated direct.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Well at least she’s unique right?

If she's even more annoying than Villager is though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom