• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
This actually REALLY solidified Vergeban credibility. The fact a bunch of Square Enix games are coming to the switch along with him stating a 2nd Square Rep is on the way makes me incredibly happy. I love that FF crystal chronicles is getting the love of deserves.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Looking at the character video, Isabelle is not an echo.

HOWEVER, she is not super unique either. She seems to be a semi-clone on the level of Lucas and Wolf.

Also Isabelle doesn't get to be an echo but Dark Samus is an echo this hurts me deeply.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm super happy with Isabelle. She's adorable, and her moveset looks fun as hell.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Animal Crossing fans: AC's Fishing has to be represented in Smash!

There you go. Isabelle has a fishing pole... somewhere in her moveset.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Can ya'll get out of here with your salt please? We don't all want big badass buff characters and space dragons. Some people play for the wide variety of characters.

Isabelle is ****ing awesome and perfect for Smash.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Isabelle looks like a fun character!
I'm just honestly surprised that she was the reveal, but it does make sense to tie it into the AC 2019 announcement.

As for speculation going forward, I don't think this changes anything at all tbh. I mean, I don't think anyone else would've.
Only one character still would've been revealed.

(Also it killed the backdrop theory, THANK ****ING GOD)

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't sure how I'd feel about Isabelle as a newcomer, but after seeing it... I'm fine with this, even if the trailer was a little long and slow. But FINALLY getting a new mainline Animal Crossing makes up for that.

More importantly, though, while it doesn't affect her chances really, this gives me new hope for Dixie as a semi-clone. No more of that straight Echo nonsense.

D

Deleted member

Alright, so aside from Incineroar/new Pokemon Rep; what else was in the Verg leak since he has yet to be disproved. I know people are hesitant to credit him, but this warrants taking a second look at his information.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
what a garbage smash reveal after Rool, Ridley and Richter
Smash character reveals are always in anti-climatic order. The first Wii U reveals were Villager (highly requested) Megaman (very highly requested) and Wii Fit Trainer (one of the biggest surprises). Some of the last reveals were Shulk, Palutena, and Robin. Far more niche than the former. Isabelle is about where she needs to be. She's a pretty big character but not super community popular.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
My big takeaways from this direct:

~LUIGI'S MANSION 3, BOYZ
~KATAMARI AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
~Cloud in Smash is officially justified
~Wolf is Vegeta, if his dietary habits are anything to go by
~Amazingly enough, no casualties from the latest Smash reveal
~Playable Petey Piranha in Mario Tennis once again
~Swank new band for Spla2n

All in all, it's a solid 8/10 from me. Pretty good reveals overall, just not quite to the magnitude we're used to.
Wait did I miss something thought it was just LM for the switch with co-op

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Well guys! Only one Smash Bros Character was revealed today!

And the character that got revealed was Isabella from Animal Crossing! And that was basically it (No other Smash info besides her)!

J guess this means that Vergeben is 100 legit with his leaks!

And will also have to wait until either October or wait for another September annoucement for more Smash Ultimate info (Unfortunately)

Although the only good thing to come out of this is knowing that no other character's were deconfirmed during the trailer (There is still hope our favorite character to get included!

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I knew she wasn't gonna be an Echo :p I always banked on it
Admittedly tho she shares some moves. Maybe a Wolf/Luigi-like "clone"? (if you can call even it that)

that aside, the trailer was lovely! it was the most wholesome way to reveal her
also ANIMAL CROSSING ON SWITCH!!!!!!!!!

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Nice that Isabelle is in but not that nice that she's an original fighter with quite a few moves inspired in another fighter's. I don't know how to feel, but I know I'm happy for her fans. They must be overjoyed in Japan.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I expected no more than one character. This wasn't a Smash direct. But I'm surprised by the lack of a new Bayonetta 3 or Metroid Prime 4 tease, or any information at all on FE: Three Houses.

Still a good direct. We got Luigi's Mansion 3 and a new Animal Crossing for 2019. And I'm really glad Isabelle's not an echo.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
YALL KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS RIGHT?? I'm getting my Dixie semi-clone!!! I love isabelle and I'm glad she's in but this is the best part of all of this

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Fun stuff! Katamari, Civ VI, and all the Final Fantasy stuff make it for me. Isabelle isn't in particular one of my more wanted, but I'm glad she's not an echo and there's a new Animal Crossing.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
A non echo Isabelle? How many leaks died today? Pretty meh reveal after the last ones.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
What a underwhelming reveal. Holy crap did we overhype this direct Lmao.

Looking forward to a few games, and I am glad Final Fantasy is back home on Nintendo again.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
So, I don't know how to feel about this yet. At one hand I was sure she was going to be in, but I do still feel strongly that an echo would be enough and that the development time could have been spent on another character instead. Especially now that she is a semi clone, which just adds to that idea. I thought the anouncement was perfectly in line with Isabelle though. But I can understand people not feeling hyped about it.

I do wonder what this will mean for other characters. I wanted K.rool and Ridley on basis of that they should be in. But I haven't actually gotten someone I really wanted personally yet.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Wow so much hate for Isabelle. =(

She wasn't my most wanted, but I'm happy to see her. She definitely deserves her spot imo.

Also her being a semi-clone gives me more hope that Dixie will make it in as a semi clone as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom