• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Popeye is probably the only impossible character I could get behind, to be honest. He'd fit in pretty well in terms of design and style, and he has had a massive impact on Nintendo, albeit indirectly. Yes, I am aware he is impossible. I'm not trying to argue over his chances because I know they do not exist.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why do you keep up bringing first party franchises? The issue is non-video game 3rd party franchises that (with a few exceptions) have no bearing on Smash whatsoever. I have provided clear cut examples such as Star Wars, Marvel, Spongebob, etc as characters that don’t warrant discussion.

“hey guys, I like Winnie the Pooh want to see him in Smash.” is grounds for spam and is off-topic.
Because you have a gateway to change those rules at any time. You really do. I mean you keep bringing up franchises that don't get brought up a lot either. Like when was the last time we had a Darth Vader conversation? When was the last time we had a serious Spongebob conversation?

We barely have convos about Batman or Spider-Man?

If anything the character you mostly made that rule about would be Goku and even that just feels like ''We don't want you talking about that." and what stops literally any character

I'm just trying to say I don't agree with the mods taking away a person's ability to talk about any character they see fit at any given time. I might be making a bigger deal out of this than necessary, but already we just saw ''Binding of Isaac." and someone saying ''It doesn't even warrant discussion."

That's what this rule is gonna do. Unlikely game characters are gonna be considered among the likes of Goku. Just like Bayo and Cloud were before. People aren't going to talk about them or be unlikely to discuss them. Or be shut down and belitted like I was about Bayonetta. No one was ever there to tell people to back off me.

You might think you're doing good, but really you're just hurting the discussion of unlikely but more possible than Goku/Spongebob type characters, video game characters because of the arbitrary fan rule book.

And those users that try to discuss them are gonna pay the price as I did with Bayonetta before.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Here's a fun discussion. You're tasked with coming up with a live-action cast for a Smash Bros movie. What are some of your choices?
Here's a few of mine:
Pit (:ultpit::ultdarkpit:):
The only choice for Pit is Josh Kennedy, better known as Jared (19)
maxresdefault-1.jpg

Samus (:ultsamus::ultzss:):
Our avian heroine should also be played by someone a bit more birdlike. So I think Sunny's Kaitlin Olson would be the best choice.
4aab375c-6513-46e9-a4bc-7db3763e86c2.jpg
She's also familiar with my next pick...
Pikachu (:ultpikachu:):
Danny DeVito. No explanation required.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Popeye is probably the only impossible character I could get behind, to be honest. He'd fit in pretty well in terms of design and style, and he has had a massive impact on Nintendo, albeit indirectly. Yes, I am aware he is impossible. I'm not trying to argue over his chances because I know they do not exist.
He'd be a lot easier to get the rights for than Goku, at least.
He's public domain everywhere except the US.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why do you think trophies haven't been revealed yet? It's really weird how such an important element of the series is still completely absent.
They want to showcase the ability to unlock an Iwata trophy.

amageish

Smash Master
Okay guys what music do you want to see in Ultimate
In terms of first-parties:
- Twilight of the Gods, Lord of a Dead Empire, and The Heritors of Arcadia, all from Fire Emblem Echoes
- Ink Me Up, Tidal Rush, and Color Pulse from Splatoon/Splatoon 2
- Give Me! from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, though I don't know if Nintendo owns the music of the game, in spite of owning the IP

In terms of third parties:
- Ideally Terra's Theme, The Man with the Machine Game, and Mambo de Chocobo from Final Fantasy, but those seem unlikely to say the least
- The Puzzle Theme and Main Theme from Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
- The End of Raging Winds from Etrian Odyssey III/IV/V
- A metric tonne of MegaTen songs

As unlikely as they are, announcing those third-party songs would make me almost as excited as announcing characters from those franchises would.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's a fun discussion. You're tasked with coming up with a live-action cast for a Smash Bros movie. What are some of your choices?
Here's a few of mine:
View attachment 163208
Samus (:ultsamus::ultzss:):
Our avian heroine should also be played by someone a bit more birdlike. So I think Sunny's Kaitlin Olson would be the best choice.
View attachment 163209
She's also familiar with my next pick...
Pikachu (:ultpikachu:):
Danny DeVito. No explanation required.
It's always an adventure when you post these kinda posts Wally.

Bowser needs to be played by...
...I dunno but there's someone

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why do you think trophies haven't been revealed yet? It's really weird how such an important element of the series is still completely absent.
Aside from music, the only new content we're shown is in the Directs. With so much to talk about, I'd say they just haven't hit trophies yet.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I'm guessing it's because they're usually some of the last elements to be worked on for Smash Bros.
Like outside of Smash specific or custom made trophies for the game, like for Fire Emblem characters or Pokémon trainers etc., I think the majority of them are just pulled from other games if I'm correct.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Now that the Paper Mario stage isn't limited to just 2 songs I hope that they threw in some Paper Mario remixes in there somewhere.

Unfortunately knowing Square Enix we're probably not getting much Super Mario RPG music except the original Forest Maze song.
Not exactly, actually. I can imagine maybe getting more than one SMRPG remix.

Primarily because Yoko Shimomura (The Composer) herself has actually remixed two Mario RPG tracks already.

In addition, Fortune Street has a remix of Toad Town/Peach's Castle in it.

And Yoko has a BIG presence in Smash remixes. She's done remixes for Kirby, Pokemon, Tetris, and arrangements of her own work from Mario & Luigi and Street Fighter, plus some of her Xenoblade 1 compositions being in the game.

Yoko contributes 3 games/OSTs to being the turning point for her career: Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter II, and Mario RPG. I doubt she would pass up the chance to revisit it.

(She's my all time favorite game composer, In case you need more proof. )

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It could do something with the new mode (Spirits) and how they function in it.
Or that's how you get them.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Mew is a returning Pokemon, and it currently does nothing when you summon it. There's a 95% chance trophies are present in Ultimate.

The simple answer is that they're likely saving some content to talk about at a later date. Seeing how we're two and a half months away from release, I'm sure a majority of the trophies have already been made.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Can trophies not be random and be given out based on character, opponents and game mode please. Thank you.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Because we're not getting any.
That's incredibly doubtful. They already have models, all they have to do is put them in a certain pose, put them on a stand and call it a day. It's easy content. Just because they haven't showed trophies doesn't mean they're not happening.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Because you have a gateway to change those rules at any time. You really do. I mean you keep bringing up franchises that don't get brought up a lot either. Like when was the last time we had a Darth Vader conversation? When was the last time we had a serious Spongebob conversation?

We barely have convos about Batman or Spider-Man?

If anything the character you mostly made that rule about would be Goku and even that just feels like ''We don't want you talking about that." and what stops literally any character

I'm just trying to say I don't agree with the mods taking away a person's ability to talk about any character they see fit at any given time. I might be making a bigger deal out of this than necessary, but already we just saw ''Binding of Isaac." and someone saying ''It doesn't even warrant discussion."

That's what this rule is gonna do. Unlikely game characters are gonna be considered among the likes of Goku. Just like Bayo and Cloud were before. People aren't going to talk about them or be unlikely to discuss them. Or be shut down and belitted like I was about Bayonetta. No one was ever there to tell people to back off me.

You might think you're doing good, but really you're just hurting the discussion of unlikely but more possible than Goku/Spongebob type characters, video game characters because of the arbitrary fan rule book.

And those users that try to discuss them are gonna pay the price as I did with Bayonetta before.
Someone literally posted about Spider-man before I made my warning post. Yes, it wasn’t serious but it was still off-topic. And you are right about there not being much conversation about these characters (Batman, Superman, etc) but that’s why the guidelines are there; to provide actual evidence for when something does potentially happen in the future so the staff can act accordingly and within the TOS.

And I apologize for not being more clear about this and I edited my original post but...

Because they don’t have a chance to be in Smash.

Again, we understand if it’s a quick conversation but it shouldn’t dominate the conversation and drown out actual meaningful discussion. And that’s also what the social is for.

Talking about Rick and Morty in Smash is off-topic.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Here's a few of mine:
View attachment 163208
I would only accept Tom Holland as a live action Pit...or just use Anthony Del Rio himself...or never make a Nintendo character live action ever again

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Can trophies not be random and be given out based on character, opponents and game mode please. Thank you.
Like make all the trophies challenge rewards?

Wouldn't that make a lot of requirements?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Actually, I prefer collecting trophies the random way. Grouping them together by franchise/mode when you collect them takes away that fun "What am I gonna get?" aspect that's so addicting.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I don’t think it’s anything to look into. Trophies weren’t given much pre-release hype during the Smash 4 era, and were rarely even mentioned beyond the random PotD until the 50-Facts event.

The vault section existing on it’s own is enough reason for me to consider trophies a lock. If they all got cut, the section would just be called “Music”.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Your thread in which I seem to be the only person who tried to actually generate activity after the first day or two. At this rate I can't be too far off usurping your title of the site's main EO shill. :p
You'll be when you make a thread for another EO character. I'm waiting, Moydow!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don’t think it’s anything to look into. Trophies weren’t given much pre-release hype during the Smash 4 era, and were rarely even mentioned beyond the random PotD until the 50-Facts event.

The vault section existing on it’s own is enough reason for me to consider trophies a lock. If they all got cut, the section would just be called “Music”.
We had that trophy section in the first Smash direct that people believed hinted towards newcomers.

Because everything hints towards newcomers.

Watch, first instance of a trophy being shown will lead to newcomer theories only slightly less obtuse than all the chair stuff.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
i was gonna post the music i wanted but i can only have 25 media links and i ended up with something like 50 and im too lazy to get all the links back in non-media insert format so just imagine i posted some real bangers like this one

?????????????

Smash Master
I already posted this earlier today, but I hope just this once it’s okay if I “bump” it...

I drafted up an idea for a Karate Joe moveset, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a video on it, or just post it. It has a TON of Rhythm Heaven references, so unless you're super familiar with the series, it might not make sense.

Rhythm Heaven:
I believe Rhythm Heaven is, at this point, Nintendo's largest or most referenced unrepresented franchise to not have a playable character in Smash Bros. I'd like to see a character addition in the same way we got Villager or Wii Fit Trainer in the last Smash game.

Karate Joe:
The Rhythm Heaven series doesn't have a "main character" per se. It has hosts, but those change every game, and you don't play as them in the minigames which are the REAL driving force of the series.

Karate Joe is THE most recurring minigame character, not only being one of the only characters to be in every Rhythm Heaven installment, but usually having MULTIPLE games. Many Rhythm Heaven fans see Joe as the "face" of the series because of this, and he is often at the front of promotional videos.

Additionally, I like the choice because he's already set up as a fighting character; you don't need to stretch to build up his moveset. He's also my personal favorite character of the series.

Moveset Premise:
Karate Joe's main "gimmick" is building basic combos with his karate moves. His regular neutral attack and his tilts all function in a similar fashion to Marth's "Dancing Blade" special, but the more you can string combos, the stronger the attack. Joe's combos are stronger than any of his Smash attacks.

However, Joe's Smash attacks, Aerials, many specials, and other maneuvers make him "morph" into other Rhythm Heaven characters. No matter WHO the "base" Rhythm Heaven character is, I like this idea of referencing the others this strongly. This concept is somewhat borrowed from other proposed "Rhythm Heaven character" movesets.

Moveset:
Neutral: Jab- A basic punch. If Joe performs this move twice and then presses the button again a third time to the same rhythmic structure of the first two, he does a larger third punch with his other hand; a reference to Karate Joe's 3-Hit Combo. The third punch deals large damage and knockback, like a powerful Smash attack.

Dash: Samurai Slice- Joe morphs into the Samurai and swings his katana horizontally once, then morphs back.

Forward Tilt: Karate Kick- A roundhouse kick, like the type Joe performs in the "Karate Man Kicks!" minigame. If performed after a Jab, it gains much more power and knockback.

Up Tilt: Uppercut- An uppercut, like the type Joe performs in the "Karate Man Combos!" minigame. If performed after a Jab, it gains much more power and knockback.

Down Tilt: Leg Sweep- A low, forward round kick, like the type Joe performs in the "Karate Man Combos!" minigame. If performed after a Jab, it gains much more power and knockback.

Forward Smash: Figure Fighter- Joe morphs into the muscular Figure Fighter and launches a pre-built 3-Hit punch combo (although it's weaker than the neutral one).

Up Smash: Clappy Trio- Joe morphs into one of the members of The Clappy Trio and claps above his head.

Down Smash: Tap Trial- Joe morphs into the Tap Trial girl, puts her hands in a monkey/ballet pose above her head, and tap dances on both sides around herself twice.

Neutral Aerial: Karate Punch- A basic aerial punch. It's animation is a reference to the low punch Joe performs in "Karate Man Combos!"

Forward Aerial: Air Rally- Joe morphs into Baxter, a plane pilot dog with a badminton racket, and smacks it in a forward arc.

Back Aerial: Munchy Monk- Joe morphs into the Munchy Monk as he turns around and slaps his wrist while eating a dumpling. Short range, but high knockback.

Up Aerial: Blue Birds- Joe morphs into one of the birds from the "Blue Birds" minigames and stretches his neck/beak upward. An upward arc that ends in a spike.

Down Aerial: Tap Stomp- Joe again morphs into Tap Trail girl, and plummets to the ground feet first in a powerful stomp. This is a reference to the jump move in Tap Trial.

Grab: Space Dance- Joe morphs into a Space Dancer from the "Space Dance" minigame and grabs the opponent. All grab moves are references to the "Space Dance" minigame.

Pummel: Pa-Pa-Pa- As the Space Dancer, Joe claps his hands against the opponent.

Forward Throw: Pa-Pa-Pa-Punch!- A punch that launches the opponent forward.

Back Throw: Let's Sit Down!- As the Space Dancer, Joe squats while facing the opposite direction, tossing the opponent.

Up Throw: And Pose!- A salute that tosses the opponent upward.

Down Throw: Squat- Joe morphs into Space Gramps and sits on the opponent.

Floor Attack: Floor Combo- Joe low punches to one side, leg sweeps the other, and gets up.

Edge Attack: Rolling Kick- Joe somersaults while kicking back onto the stage.

Special Moves:
Neutral Special: Karate Man- Functions as a projectile version of Joe's Jab attack; Joe punches a flower pot forward. If Joe performs this move twice and then presses the button again a third time to the same rhythmic structure of the first two, he does a larger third punch with his other hand that launches a large rock. The rock deals larger damage and knockback, but not as much as a direct punch.

Side Special: Glee Club- Joe summons a Chorus Kid in front of him to his left side. He sings for a very short duration, which reflects projectiles. It can be used three times in a row, summoning additional Chorus Kids (for a total of three); afterwards, it resets to one. If the third Chorus Kid is summoned to the same rhythmic structure of the first two, the three Chorus Kids will do an "ending scream," a long range AoE sonic attack that can't be reflected.

Up Special: See-Saw- Joe morphs into Mr. Saw from the "See-Saw" minigame, while summoning Mr. See and a see-saw. Mr. See launches Joe WAY upward with the see-saw, and Joe slams back down in an explosion of blue spikes. It functions similarly to the "Super Dedede Jump," but with a higher jump.

Down Special: Ringside- Joe morphs into the Wrestler from the "Ringside" minigame and does a very brief pose. In this form, Joe is immobile, but opponents in contact with the Wrestler get launched back. Joe has unbeatable "Super Armor" in this form.

Final Smash: Karate Combo- A flurry of items launches from the foreground towards Joe, including pots, rocks, bombs, and barrels, as Joe rapidly strikes them away across the battlefield. Achieves a similar effect to the "Wii Fit" Final Smash.

Animations and Appearances:
Shield: Joe blocks with his arms.

Roll: Joe morphs into a seal from the "Flipper-Flop" minigame and "flipper rolls" over.

Sidestep: Joe does a goofy, cartoony spin out of the way.

Air Dodge: Joe morphs into a dancer from the "Lockstep" minigame and performs their pose in shadow.

Crouch: Joe crouches in the same fashion as he does in the "Karate Man Combos!" minigame.

Side Taunt: Joe blushes and smiles, like when he does well in his minigames.

Up Taunt: Joe smiles smugly while holding his arm and fist pumping.

Down Taunt: A thought bubble appears as Joe thinks about a random food item from Super Smash Bros.

Idle: Joe bobs his head rhythmically, just like in his own games.

Walk: Joe scoots slowly forward one leg at a time.

Run: Joe runs; nothing special.

Jump: Joe jumps, taking a pose (but not morphing) reminiscent of the minigame "Night Walk."

Double Jump: A rolling somersault jump.

On-Screen: Joe ducks in, punches a lightbulb away, and performs his combo attack (with objects) from "Karate Man Combos!," ending with an uppercut again a barrel.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets Joe's nose and hairstyle.

Palette Swaps:
White- Default
Blue- Reference to Rhythm Heaven Fever "Karate Man."
Red/Orange- Reference to Rhythm Heaven Fever "Karate Man 2."
Green- For Green Team (is that still a thing?)
Grey- Reference to Joe's official artwork when he's heavily shadowed.
Purple- Reference to Joe's P1 outfit in two-player Karate Man.
Pink- Reference to Joe's P2 outfit in two-player Karate Man.
Black- Reference to "Karate Man Senior."

I think I spent at least two hours on this yesterday lol. I think many concepts of it could be applied to any Rhythm Heaven character for Smash Bros., but Karate Joe is still my favorite for many reasons. I'd love to know what you think!

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I already posted this earlier today, but I hope just this once it’s okay if I “bump” it...

I drafted up an idea for a Karate Joe moveset, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a video on it, or just post it. It has a TON of Rhythm Heaven references, so unless you're super familiar with the series, it might not make sense.

Rhythm Heaven:
I believe Rhythm Heaven is, at this point, Nintendo's largest or most referenced unrepresented franchise to not have a playable character in Smash Bros. I'd like to see a character addition in the same way we got Villager or Wii Fit Trainer in the last Smash game.

Karate Joe:
The Rhythm Heaven series doesn't have a "main character" per se. It has hosts, but those change every game, and you don't play as them in the minigames which are the REAL driving force of the series.

Karate Joe is THE most recurring minigame character, not only being one of the only characters to be in every Rhythm Heaven installment, but usually having MULTIPLE games. Many Rhythm Heaven fans see Joe as the "face" of the series because of this, and he is often at the front of promotional videos.

Additionally, I like the choice because he's already set up as a fighting character; you don't need to stretch to build up his moveset. He's also my personal favorite character of the series.

Moveset Premise:
Karate Joe's main "gimmick" is building basic combos with his karate moves. His regular neutral attack and his tilts all function in a similar fashion to Marth's "Dancing Blade" special, but the more you can string combos, the stronger the attack. Joe's combos are stronger than any of his Smash attacks.

However, Joe's Smash attacks, Aerials, many specials, and other maneuvers make him "morph" into other Rhythm Heaven characters. No matter WHO the "base" Rhythm Heaven character is, I like this idea of referencing the others this strongly. This concept is somewhat borrowed from other proposed "Rhythm Heaven character" movesets.

Moveset:
Neutral: Jab- A basic punch. If Joe performs this move twice and then presses the button again a third time to the same rhythmic structure of the first two, he does a larger third punch with his other hand; a reference to Karate Joe's 3-Hit Combo. The third punch deals large damage and knockback, like a powerful Smash attack.

Dash: Samurai Slice- Joe morphs into the Samurai and swings his katana horizontally once, then morphs back.

Forward Tilt: Karate Kick- A roundhouse kick, like the type Joe performs in the "Karate Man Kicks!" minigame. If performed after a Jab, it gains much more power and knockback.

Up Tilt: Uppercut- An uppercut, like the type Joe performs in the "Karate Man Combos!" minigame. If performed after a Jab, it gains much more power and knockback.

Down Tilt: Leg Sweep- A low, forward round kick, like the type Joe performs in the "Karate Man Combos!" minigame. If performed after a Jab, it gains much more power and knockback.

Forward Smash: Figure Fighter- Joe morphs into the muscular Figure Fighter and launches a pre-built 3-Hit punch combo (although it's weaker than the neutral one).

Up Smash: Clappy Trio- Joe morphs into one of the members of The Clappy Trio and claps above his head.

Down Smash: Tap Trial- Joe morphs into the Tap Trial girl, puts her hands in a monkey/ballet pose above her head, and tap dances on both sides around herself twice.

Neutral Aerial: Karate Punch- A basic aerial punch. It's animation is a reference to the low punch Joe performs in "Karate Man Combos!"

Forward Aerial: Air Rally- Joe morphs into Baxter, a plane pilot dog with a badminton racket, and smacks it in a forward arc.

Back Aerial: Munchy Monk- Joe morphs into the Munchy Monk as he turns around and slaps his wrist while eating a dumpling. Short range, but high knockback.

Up Aerial: Blue Birds- Joe morphs into one of the birds from the "Blue Birds" minigames and stretches his neck/beak upward. An upward arc that ends in a spike.

Down Aerial: Tap Stomp- Joe again morphs into Tap Trail girl, and plummets to the ground feet first in a powerful stomp. This is a reference to the jump move in Tap Trial.

Grab: Space Dance- Joe morphs into a Space Dancer from the "Space Dance" minigame and grabs the opponent. All grab moves are references to the "Space Dance" minigame.

Pummel: Pa-Pa-Pa- As the Space Dancer, Joe claps his hands against the opponent.

Forward Throw: Pa-Pa-Pa-Punch!- A punch that launches the opponent forward.

Back Throw: Let's Sit Down!- As the Space Dancer, Joe squats while facing the opposite direction, tossing the opponent.

Up Throw: And Pose!- A salute that tosses the opponent upward.

Down Throw: Squat- Joe morphs into Space Gramps and sits on the opponent.

Floor Attack: Floor Combo- Joe low punches to one side, leg sweeps the other, and gets up.

Edge Attack: Rolling Kick- Joe somersaults while kicking back onto the stage.

Special Moves:
Neutral Special: Karate Man- Functions as a projectile version of Joe's Jab attack; Joe punches a flower pot forward. If Joe performs this move twice and then presses the button again a third time to the same rhythmic structure of the first two, he does a larger third punch with his other hand that launches a large rock. The rock deals larger damage and knockback, but not as much as a direct punch.

Side Special: Glee Club- Joe summons a Chorus Kid in front of him to his left side. He sings for a very short duration, which reflects projectiles. It can be used three times in a row, summoning additional Chorus Kids (for a total of three); afterwards, it resets to one. If the third Chorus Kid is summoned to the same rhythmic structure of the first two, the three Chorus Kids will do an "ending scream," a long range AoE sonic attack that can't be reflected.

Up Special: See-Saw- Joe morphs into Mr. Saw from the "See-Saw" minigame, while summoning Mr. See and a see-saw. Mr. See launches Joe WAY upward with the see-saw, and Joe slams back down in an explosion of blue spikes. It functions similarly to the "Super Dedede Jump," but with a higher jump.

Down Special: Ringside- Joe morphs into the Wrestler from the "Ringside" minigame and does a very brief pose. In this form, Joe is immobile, but opponents in contact with the Wrestler get launched back. Joe has unbeatable "Super Armor" in this form.

Final Smash: Karate Combo- A flurry of items launches from the foreground towards Joe, including pots, rocks, bombs, and barrels, as Joe rapidly strikes them away across the battlefield. Achieves a similar effect to the "Wii Fit" Final Smash.

Animations and Appearances:
Shield: Joe blocks with his arms.

Roll: Joe morphs into a seal from the "Flipper-Flop" minigame and "flipper rolls" over.

Sidestep: Joe does a goofy, cartoony spin out of the way.

Air Dodge: Joe morphs into a dancer from the "Lockstep" minigame and performs their pose in shadow.

Crouch: Joe crouches in the same fashion as he does in the "Karate Man Combos!" minigame.

Side Taunt: Joe blushes and smiles, like when he does well in his minigames.

Up Taunt: Joe smiles smugly while holding his arm and fist pumping.

Down Taunt: A thought bubble appears as Joe thinks about a random food item from Super Smash Bros.

Idle: Joe bobs his head rhythmically, just like in his own games.

Walk: Joe scoots slowly forward one leg at a time.

Run: Joe runs; nothing special.

Jump: Joe jumps, taking a pose (but not morphing) reminiscent of the minigame "Night Walk."

Double Jump: A rolling somersault jump.

On-Screen: Joe ducks in, punches a lightbulb away, and performs his combo attack (with objects) from "Karate Man Combos!," ending with an uppercut again a barrel.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets Joe's nose and hairstyle.

Palette Swaps:
White- Default
Blue- Reference to Rhythm Heaven Fever "Karate Man."
Red/Orange- Reference to Rhythm Heaven Fever "Karate Man 2."
Green- For Green Team (is that still a thing?)
Grey- Reference to Joe's official artwork when he's heavily shadowed.
Purple- Reference to Joe's P1 outfit in two-player Karate Man.
Pink- Reference to Joe's P2 outfit in two-player Karate Man.
Black- Reference to "Karate Man Senior."

I think I spent at least two hours on this yesterday lol. I think many concepts of it could be applied to any Rhythm Heaven character for Smash Bros., but Karate Joe is still my favorite for many reasons. I'd love to know what you think!
As long he looks better than the model in that "leak"

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I guess Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition was revealed for Switch.

Would be cool if that led into a reveal of Isaac in the direct. I wanna psynergize at people.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
As long as Brawl’s FD theme isn’t left out, I’m good on songs. It’s still the best FD theme out of all of them.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Blog updated, today is Toon Link's turn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom