• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Nintendo: "You're just in luck! Our newest character is sure to please: He has a huge, loving fandom, he's been requested for ages, here's...":

Welp, I just made two cursed posts in one day. I think this may be a new record for me.

pleasedon'thurtmethisisjustajokeIdon'twantthis
I’m the type of guy who will check something out and be all happy with it. Then critique it afterwards. After watching sap reviews. Yeah. Is see why this show isn’t too great.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
They can use Live and Learn, it's one of the most iconic themes from the franchise and is often associated with Shadow
Didn't they use that for Sonic's trailer way back in Brawl? I feel like they'd probably go for All Hail Shadow or Throw it All Away.

D

Deleted member

I see this point come up often and the issue is that Sakurai doesn't order things like that.
Shulk was the last one revealed for 4. Not someone like Pac-Man
I'm pretty sure Olimar was the last for Brawl, but either way definitely not Snake or Sonic.
This is true, but I got a gut feeling that things are gonna be a bit different this time. We're talking about Masahiro "LOL GOTCHA WITH THAT K. ROOL JAPE" Sakurai, after all. If he's looking at the ballot plus various sources of what people want more than ever this time around, I think he knows how valuable these characters are, so I have a feeling this time there'll be a bit of a shake up. Like he caught ALL the K. Rool supporters by surprise, same goes with the whole "Everyone is Here!" reveal with using Snake as the centerpiece.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This is true, but I got a gut feeling that things are gonna be a bit different this time. We're talking about Masahiro "LOL GOTCHA WITH THAT K. ROOL JAPE" Sakurai, after all. If he's looking at the ballot plus various sources of what people want more than ever this time around, I think he knows how valuable these characters are, so I have a feeling this time there'll be a bit of a shake up. Like he caught ALL the K. Rool supporters by surprise, same goes with the whole "Everyone is Here!" reveal with using Snake as the centerpiece.
Good explanation thank you, I can totally see this.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Well there's also this as well.
View attachment 162607
Do we have a reason to believe that the Tales producer is close to Sakurai or the planning stages of development for Super Smash Bros. to be able to say this with certainty and not just be under that impression like most fans? I realize he works for NAMCO, but that's a large company with many divisions, so I don't think that fact alone would qualify him as an especially reliable source.

Oh, by the way, if the rules are actually looser than many of us tend to think, let me be the first (in this thread, at least) to place my seal of approval on the idea of a San Andreas stage! Like Big Blue, but on top of out-of-control stolen vehicles cruising across beautiful Los Santos vistas (never mind the panicked citizens running out of the way or the police vehicles in pursuit). Oh, and don't forget the obligatory Bigfoot cameo! I'm not saying it's likely, but I really want this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Didn't they use that for Sonic's trailer way back in Brawl? I feel like they'd probably go for All Hail Shadow or Throw it All Away.
That's just it though, it's so iconic they used it back then too. when Shadow goes Super Saiyan in his own game, a remix plays of All of Me and Live and Learn, which Sonic Racing Transformed used as his All Star theme iirc

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I feel like the assault rifle looks Sci-Fi enough to where Chief would be allowed to use it if he ever gets in:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Street Fighter has 36 Tracks this time... You know what this probably means?...

EDIT: LOL Capcom restricted to just youtube...
I wonder if they'll directly port any tunes as there's a lot of themes that are gold as is like Sakura's original theme or Makoto's theme from SFIV

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
View attachment 162611

They put more effort into a leak that was instantly not believed

View attachment 162612
Was this already disproven? Idk why we stopped talking about it...

Well for one thing I do think get the order of the Pokemon...it's neither alphabetical, order of release (Lucario is missing) nor gen (once again Lucario...).

I guess it could be "Lucario wasn't unlocked!" But...meh bull.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
That's just it though, it's so iconic they used it back then too. when Shadow goes Super Saiyan in his own game, a remix plays of All of Me and Live and Learn, which Sonic Racing Transformed used as his All Star theme iirc
In the the Tennis All Star game they used Throw it All Away, and in the Racing All Star game they used All Hail Shadow, which is why I would assume they would use those themes instead.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All Hail Shadow or riot.
Or All of Me
That's just it though, it's so iconic they used it back then too
It also helped that Sonic Adventure 2 was one of the first Sonic game to be on a Nintendo
I wonder if they'll directly port any tunes as there's a lot of themes that are gold as is like Sakura's original theme or Makoto's theme from SFIV
They did the same/a similar thing for Ryu and Ken, so having three versions of songs for Guile/Vega/Chun Li/Cammy/whomever isn’t out of the question
Was this already disproven? Idk why we stopped talking about it...

Well for one thing I do think get the order of the Pokemon...it's neither alphabetical, order of release (Lucario is missing) nor gen (once again Lucario...).

I guess it could be "Lucario wasn't unlocked!" But...meh bull.
Would be weird for Lucario to show up after Greninja unless he was unlocked using Amiibo

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Watch him port Juri's SFV theme
There is a circle of hell for people who add excessively long intros to remixes.

For the worst example, listen to this co-incidentally Street Fighter tribute album mix of Balrog's (Boxer) theme

Last edited:

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I feel like there's a bit of of a fairly obvious newcomer from the Yoshi series we're missing...

And that's Yobby
For those unfamiliar with the Yoshi lore, Yobby is Yoshi's dad. He's terrifying and Yoshi loves him. Yoshi desperately tries to vie to his father's affection, but it met coldly. Despite this, Yobby is still very protective of his spawn, because he doesn't have anyone else. It's very sweet.
He has many moves, such as:
Neutral B: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--

Up B: No escape

Side B: Side-Eye

Down B: Do it to Em.

Please consider Yobby while speculating

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I feel like there's a bit of of a fairly obvious newcomer from the Yoshi series we're missing...

And that's Yobby
For those unfamiliar with the Yoshi lore, Yobby is Yoshi's dad. He's terrifying and Yoshi loves him. Yoshi desperately tries to vie to his father's affection, but it met coldly. Despite this, Yobby is still very protective of his spawn, because he doesn't have anyone else. It's very sweet.

Well, Guess I'm not sleeping tonight...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We talkin' Street Fighter music again? Gotta have one of the themes of the Home Girl.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

And that's Yobby

Oh my god finally someone else who wants him in!!!
He's been top 5 for me for years.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

And that's Yobby

How did I not know about this specimen of a Yoshi?!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We talkin' Street Fighter music again? Gotta have one of the themes of the Home Girl.

That spin-off sub-series has some licencing red-tape but hecka funky beats too.

We can hope.

potato69

Smash Apprentice

And that's Yobby

My day was going great until I opened that spoiler tag.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we need some theme with less of a legal gray area(though I thought Capcom owned EX music), I'm using this chance to shill Killing Moon some more.

Don't act like this ain't the best Akuma theme.

Chrono.

I think Arika owns the EX themes considering they reused them in some early Fighting EX Layer stuff.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The bottom left icon in the trophy rumor picture if it's somehow real. Is that what I think it looks like?

StoneMask

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone. I am new here and I thought I'd introduce myself. I am a huge Smash nerd, and I've been playing since Smash 64 when I was a little kid. I missed out on the Wii U version because I never bought the system, but I've spent countless hours on 64, Melee, and Brawl.

Anyway, I am a huge supporter of Skull Kid joining the roster. I got Majora's mask when I was ten years old, but it was too hard for me back then. I tried it again ten years later, and it became one of my favorite video games of all time. Definitely my favorite Zelda game.

I also am really happy about King K. Rool being included. If Skull Kid doesn't make it in, I will probably main K. Rool. I loved the original Donkey Kong Country, and spent hours playing it. I also got Donkey Kong 64 when I was ten years old, but unlike Majora's Mask, it was easy enough for me to play, and since then it has been one of my favorite games of all time.

As part of my introduction, I will also give my wildcard pick. I think either Fawful or Cackletta from Superstar Saga would be great as playable characters. I loved that game, and they could have unique movesets. They are also hilarious and cartoony, perfect for Smash.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the community, and Ultimate seems to be the Magnum Opus of Smash, therefore I am really excited for it.

Cheers to Smash!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Don't know what's being talked right now, but I felt like sharing this really cool fanart of all the antagonist in Ultimate so far.

'cuz yes, I know some of them are anti-hero/anti-vilain, so to not get problems, I just call them antagonist.

EDIT: Btw, here is the link for the original artist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom