• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I'm pretty certain from context clues and the fact that posts can only be edited after 10 minutes that by "random characters", they just meant that it's their opinion the person just posted random fighters. Clearly though, if they do think that, that can't be right. There's no way someone would predict as many characters as he did, not to mention Stage Morph.
See I don't think their claiming they edited the post afterword via the site, the post really was banned. They shopped it

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Honestly I would love Black Shadow in Smash for two reasons mainly: Because he looks cool af. And this:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
I’m sorry I worded it horribly, what I meant was that he’d work well as an Echo, Isaac is long-requested as well but would have to be an entirely new character and I just don’t see it because Camelot doesn’t seem to have much interest in the series and many people who worked on the series had left Camelot, trust me I really really really want to be wrong because I like Isaac and think he would be cool in Smash, I just don’t know about his chances. He would be hype though (Extra points if Matthew is an alt)
Ah, I get it now. Thank you for explaining. To be frank, I don't think this rumor is claiming Isaac as an echo, just as a fighter.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
So the leak is either real or all the people that posted on that screenshot were in on it? Is that correct?
The people who posted could be alt accounts, right? Of just one person who made comments and then doctored.

No matter how I think about this thing, I end up with a tin foil hat in my hand and I don’t even have foil in the house right now.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
that's... a dumb and overcomplicated way to make a leak. are we sure that the mods are being truthful? also i thought that only the admins could see the original post? i would definitely kill the leak off if the mods posted what the original post said.
I've asked, but as you say if the mods are either making assumptions or in on the lie, they may just straight up say no.
Though, I'd be surprised if they were in on it, as one of them asked if I was a member of Nintendo and stated he feared a law suit :v

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Your post number corresponds to the number of posts in the thread. Unless jeuxvideo works like that, we'll need a different method.
The URLs?
Untitled.png

Smashboards does the same thing, the link to this post is #post-22372632

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Since we're bound to have more clones, I wouldn't mind seeing Black Shadow as one of them. Would be nice to see another character from the franchise in general, really. I also don't think 3 variations of Captain Falcon mean much against him, seeing as we already have 3 variations of Mario, 3 variations of Link, and a whopping 4 variations of Marth.

As for the 'leak', meh. I don't really bat much of an eye towards leaks, especially text ones.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This one is one of the better made "leaks" though.
I remember that the Japanese january leak was debunked by Source Gaming or something like that. Maybe we just have to wait a little longer to see how this turns out

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
You guys really should have learned this from the 2chan fake. Something THIS eerily accurate would have been picked up on VERY quickly, it wouldn't have suddenly sprung out of the blue over a month later.

The admin themselves directly called it a fake. Stop clinging.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
You're a funny guy. There's obviously no point in arguing with you, looks to me like you've joined too late to this debate to really grasp what's going on. It was no inspect element, the post existed, and "random characters" doesn't mean keystrokes, it's just the admin's opinion of the fighters the leaker posted.
I aim to please <3

We have an admin saying that it was a coordinated effort. We have no URL to prove the authenticity of the post and unless Wayback Machine decided to archive a random french website's comment section on a particular page, we have no way of knowing what the actual message was.

"Random characters" could literally mean RANDOM CHARACTERS. That's what letters and numbers are called. I wouldn't go looking too deeply into their "context clues" because it's possible English isn't their first language.

Tell me, what's more plausible here: That this is some sort of cover up and the admin is somehow avoiding legal action from laws that don't exist or that a few troublemakers on a forum decided to have a laugh with basic CSS/photoshop skills?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Honestly I just want more buff men in smash so I’m all for black shadow getting in

Untouch

Smash Master

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Not exactly being overtly helpful, though they seem pretty confident with the original post not being a leak. I'm going to try and contact the admin directly next.

2.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Going through the active post index it looks like that number is totally random, I can't actually see any real pattern to the post numbers.
Dang ding darn. Back to square one. It's kinda dumb that they can't restore deleted posts.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
To explain. According To the mods this was a fake organized by multiple people. One person posted a thread with random letters and symbols, then the others commented on it. The thread was naturally deleted by the mods, but the fakers had what they needed. They waited for a direct and shopped the post so it would now contain info from said direct as well as false "leaked" info instead of the random jibberish, and people would believe it was a legit leak.
How can I believe you? It said you edited your post.
How can I know if you went back in time, after knowing all of this, to change it or not?
You're making me living in the Matrix, man.

Polan

Smash Lord
I've asked, but as you say if the mods are either making assumptions or in on the lie, they may just straight up say no.
Though, I'd be surprised if they were in on it, as one of them asked if I was a member of Nintendo and stated he feared a law suit :v
ah if they are legitimately afraid of a nintendo lawsuit, that would give more credence to a cover up. nintendo hasn't gone after a site for text leaks though else smashboards would have been obliterated off the face of the earth.

Thundross

Smash Rookie
Going through the active post index it looks like that number is totally random, I can't actually see any real pattern to the post numbers.
Dang ding darn. Back to square one. It's kinda dumb that they can't restore deleted posts.
No, there is a pattern. The boards on there seem to get their own topic numbers. "Forum Blabla 18-25 ans" is in the 574-575s right now. There's a 572- topic on the first page right now, but that was made back in the middle of August.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-...ier-jour-d-esclavage-chez-kfc-aujourd-hui.htm

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
ah if they are legitimately afraid of a nintendo lawsuit, that would give more credence to a cover up. nintendo hasn't gone after a site for text leaks though else smashboards would have been obliterated off the face of the earth.
Sooooooo where was the lawsuit filed at GameFAQs for their numerous leaks? Why hasn't NeoGAF/ResetEra been clobbered by the Yakuza? Why does everybody think that Nintendo is going to come break your kneecaps if you say Simon Belmont is in Smash Bros.?

Unless they're directly posting confidential material, the most Nintendo can do is angrily glare and look for whoever spilled the beans so they can "have a talk" with them about their job performance.

There's no need to cover anything up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hate to be that guy again but what did I miss? What's up with this French stuff?
Frenchie boi supposedly guessed everything about the August direct sans Dark Samus and Rathalos. plus he said we're getting ken, black shadow, and isaac.

I'm still not buying it just yet, I want the mods over there to stop being dumb and show us stuff already.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
I aim to please <3

We have an admin saying that it was a coordinated effort. We have no URL to prove the authenticity of the post and unless Wayback Machine decided to archive a random french website's comment section on a particular page, we have no way of knowing what the actual message was.

"Random characters" could literally mean RANDOM CHARACTERS. That's what letters and numbers are called. I wouldn't go looking too deeply into their "context clues" because it's possible English isn't their first language.

Tell me, what's more plausible here: That this is some sort of cover up and the admin is somehow avoiding legal action from laws that don't exist or that a few troublemakers on a forum decided to have a laugh with basic CSS/photoshop skills?
Organised = / = co-ordinated.
They're two different things. Organised just means it was well thought-out, co-ordinated means multiple people took part.

What's more likely here? That someone talking about a thread involving a Smash Bros. Roster Leak means "random keystrokes" when they say "random characters", or "random fighters" ?

I think we need to shoot that admin another message so we all can stop arguing over every possibly mis-translated word...

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Hate to be that guy again but what did I miss? What's up with this French stuff?
So in short there was a leak that predicted Stage Morph, Chrom, and Dracula being a boss character and added on to it saying that Isaac, Ken, and Black Shadow will be playable along with a Giygas boss. We're trying to figure out if the post was edited and have no lead, so the basic consensus is that we'll have to wait for confirmation.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
*crunch* Oh, I'm sorry, I just made some popcorn. Hilarious debates like this work up quite an apatite. You want some? *munch*
"haha hey guys i'm cool because i'm not participating in a debate"
I can feel the smug anime girl reaction image energy radiating from this post.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I am going to be honest here.

How do you guys fall for this crap?
Oh really?

A rumor made July 12th

Guessed both simon and ritcher

Guessed Chrom and King k rool

Guessed stage morph and Dracula boss

Predictions not mentioned yet ken, black shadow as echos and Isaac as a newcomer

And gigyas as a boss hazard and return of event matches

I think it’s worth looking into my man

And lack of Dark Samus doesn’t disconfirm the leak either

And also doesn’t mean we won’t get Isabelle, shadow (sonic echo), skull kid and geno as playables

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Apperantly one of the mods I've been speaking with has made a Smash Boards account and is going to be answering questions, so uh, look out for them

Untouch

Smash Master
On /v/ the mod "KirikRung" posted and said that the post was edited with inspect element, with confirmation that it was them.
I'm thinking the leak is fake, but I'll reserve judgement until the admin mentioned previously replies.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I hope you can change the frequencies of Pokemon and Assist Trophy characters appearing

So I can play 8 player Ice Climbers on Fountain of Dreams with Ditto Pokeballs and Smash Balls only. Let's see if my Switch lives that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom