• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The leak is NOT dead, the post is confirmed real, and it's also confirmed you can't edit posts after 10 minutes.

The responses are real and confirmed.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT??!?!??
Step 1. make post
Step 2. make people comment on it within minutes
Step 3. edit it just before the editing period closes
Step 4. ???
Step 5. Jam to F-Zero Medley

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Lemme spell this out clear:

1) Users wanted to make a fake leak.
2) User posted garbage/placeholder text months in advance
3) User went back and edited the post with the information they learned from the August direct in order to make it seem credible.

It's really that simple.
Lol why are you assuming it's garbage text? Random characters likely means
It's easy to disregard it from here. Pack it u...
View attachment 161673
Dude also guessed Dracula as a boss and stage shifts so it still has some credibility.

Additionally, while this does sound like a conspiracy theory, this could very well be the mods trying to direct attention from what is a real leak. Remember, they were the ones who took it down.
Can you follow-up and ask them if this was this original post though (as in, this was the original text?), we still have deniers on the subject. We need more clear information.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
Lemme spell this out clear:

1) Users wanted to make a fake leak.
2) User posted garbage/placeholder text months in advance
3) User went back and edited the post with the information they learned from the August direct in order to make it seem credible.

It's really that simple.
Someone said that on that side, posts can't be edited for more than 10 minutes after they are posted. Can someone confirm/deny this?

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
Didn't people say before that you couldn't edit posts on that site after 10 minutes or something though?

Untouch

Smash Master
But then what about the responses afterwards?

And wouldn't there be a sign that the post was edited?
BpfeF[1].jpg

He could have posted anything then edited the post afterwards. We don't know the actual contents of the post since the post has been deleted.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
The implication is the text was edited in photoshop, not in the thread itself.
But even then that's not a verifiable counterargument. We can't know if it was photoshopped or hit with inspect element until an admin confirms that this wasn't the original text.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Okay, when in the history of ever has some conspiracy theory like this ever panned out?
This isn't some conspiracy theory. It's common sense that an admin would claim that a post they went out of their way to delete due to a potentially lawsuit-provoking leak is fake.
What's important is that in the same breath, that admin confirmed the post was real. Posts can't be edited beyond 10 minutes after they're posted. Therefore, it was real.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sakurai is lying to us guys, Bayonetta didn’t actually win the Ballot.

Gothitelle did, she was no 1 in Europe and out of realizable results. :^]

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
It's easy to disregard it from here. Pack it u...
View attachment 161673
Dude also guessed Dracula as a boss and stage shifts so it still has some credibility.

Additionally, while this does sound like a conspiracy theory, this could very well be the mods trying to direct attention from what is a real leak. Remember, they were the ones who took it down.

The one part here that didn't get translated "Etes vous une personne de chez Nintendo?" means, roughly, "Are you a worker with Nintendo?". As a Canadian I do have a decent amount of French knowledge.

I dunno but that seems like a weird way to end a PM to a guy making no claim to be a Nintendo representative. It just seems very careful and wary, almost like there is something to hide.

Granted that could also be a cultural thing, but I don't know French culture enough.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
But even then that's not a verifiable counterargument. We can't know if it was photoshopped or hit with inspect element until an admin confirms that this wasn't the original text.
That's what the admin just said in the screenshot, though. The post was legitimate but the text itself wasn't.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh and as for the leak, not surprised by a Black Shadow since he’s been long-requested, Isaac on the other hand I am surprised by.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's important is that in the same breath, that admin confirmed the post was real. Posts can't be edited beyond 10 minutes after they're posted. Therefore, it was real.
Was. The admin mentioning the randomness of the post still exists.

Oh and as for the leak, not surprised by a Black Shadow since he’s been long-requested
You're telling me I mattered for once?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Lol why are you assuming it's garbage text? Random characters likely means

Can you follow-up and ask them if this was this original post though (as in, this was the original text?), we still have deniers on the subject. We need more clear information.
I doubt a follow-up would do much. Bazel01 doesn't remember posting or not posting in the thread, and Pokemontrololo only remembers posting in a leak thread.

This one lasted longer than the shell 2chan leak though.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just a joke. You're not focusing on what really matters here.

Can they even find the leak is the question? Even if it's real, it's not 100% real until we get the URL.
It's impossible to get. Jeuxvideo deletes the posts when the user is banned. The user was banned recently

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't the users know about that then?

Otherwise they're all in on it.
Especially if one of them said "oh my god he got it right!".
There are two possibilities:
1. This leak is 100% real.
2. The post was made in July with all the people answering being in on it. Then, the text was changed in Photoshop to be accurate.

(Or Stage Morph was a lucky guess but I think we can disregard that)

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
There seems to be a split opinion on this thread. You know what this calls for? Our very own morphenomenal trial grounds!

Time for a Smash Scrum Debate.

Untouch

Smash Master
Until I can see an admin actually confirm the contents of that post, I'm not buying it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I doubt a follow-up would do much. Bazel01 doesn't remember posting or not posting in the thread, and Pokemontrololo only remembers posting in a leak thread.
Can we look into the post history of Pokemon guy to see if there are other leak threads he's posted in?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Wait what?

Then... that doesn't make sense.
To explain. According To the mods this was a fake organized by multiple people. One person posted a thread with random letters and symbols, then the others commented on it. The thread was naturally deleted by the mods, but the fakers had what they needed. They waited for a direct and shopped the post so it would now contain info from said direct as well as false "leaked" info instead of the random jibberish, and people would believe it was a legit leak.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
OKAY, this is just gonna go in the Vergeben/Loz pile of "half the forum ****s on it, half the forum doesn't, so it's worth a look"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd love for Black Shadow to be in Smash. He's one of my big boys of top picks for the game.

I just won't believe it 100% until we have everything 100%. I was 99% on the ESRB leak, and then the video made it 100%, and then Shulk made it 101%. It's the same here. Show me the-

It's impossible to get. Jeuxvideo deletes the posts when the user is banned. The user was banned recently
*puts on tinfoil hat*

What a total sheer coincidence. :rolleyes:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'm leaning towards the dude editing the post to add some of the confirmed info from the Direct. Despite that, I believe Ken is coming just because of Vergeben and Black Shadow wouldn't be too out of the realm, he would be an easy echo I assume.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I doubt KOS-MOS would be in Smash.

We’d for sure get Elma first if anyone.
I don't see how they are competing, KOS-MOS would be from Bandai Namco's direct involvement and Elma would be from project plan relevancy.

But anyways,

kylexv

Smash Master
So, what's the concensus on this? Maybe Real? Definitely fake?

This feels like Gematsu but in French and also the date could or could not of been doctored. Weird.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There seems to be a split opinion on this thread. You know what this calls for? Our very own morphenomenal trial grounds!

Time for a Smash Scrum Debate.
XS5LK.gif

So, what's the concensus on this? Maybe Real? Definitely fake?

This feels like Gematsu but in French and also the date could or could not of been doctored. Weird.
The consensus is "everyone's confused and nobody can say for sure".

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The person saying real post but random whatever so fake

Here’s the question for that person

It’s always “can you prove it”

So can this person prove it started as random gibberish then changed later into a rumor

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Was. The admin mentioning the randomness of the post still exists.

You're telling me I mattered for once?
Hollld on a second. Don't tell me you've been interpreting "random characters" as in random keystrokes...? I-it's pretty clear from context clues that they mean random characters, as in, you know, fighters.

Wew boy I really wish this admin has been more specific...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom