• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So, what's the concensus on this? Maybe Real? Definitely fake?

This feels like Gematsu but in French and also the date could or could not of been doctored. Weird.
I mean I'm obviously leaning on fake as the mod team clAims the original post existed, but it was just jibberish

Untouch

Smash Master
Googling the contents of the post doesn't have any hits, and the page can't be archived.

Right now I can google content on THIS PAGE and get results on google linking directly here. JVC is much larger than this site, how would it have been missed by google?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The person saying real post but random whatever so fake

Here’s the question for that person

It’s always “can you prove it”

So can this person prove it started as random gibberish then changed later into a rumor
No, because it's deleted.
But that still makes it indifferent now. It's neither proving or disproving it, we're just in ****ing limbo. We shouldn't doubt the ****ing Admin of the site.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

This feels like Gematsu but in French and also the date could or could not of been doctored. Weird.
There isn't really one.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

Nobody knows for certain. This might end up being another Vergeben leak where we need to wait and see if what's said comes true.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The person saying real post but random whatever so fake

Here’s the question for that person

It’s always “can you prove it”

So can this person prove it started as random gibberish then changed later into a rumor
1. Why are we assuming it was random gibberish?
2. Why are we assuming we can edit a 2 month old post? You can't on many websites.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If this leak turns out to be true, we need a name for it
Le sens de la vérité

Points if you catch the reference. i used google to translate it btw so its probably off as **** i just wanted to make the reference

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Nobody knows for certain. This might end up being another Vergeben leak where we need to wait and see if what's said comes true.
Idea:
What if we get Vergeben to comment on this leak? If he can corroborate it we'll be in business.
If this leak turns out to be true, we need a name for it
I vote: The baguette leak.
Le sens de la vérité

Points if you catch the reference. i used google to translate it btw so its probably off as **** i just wanted to make the reference
That's the name of the message I sent to the users on the forum...

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
The leak is MONTHS old
Anybody can fake a forum post, especially if they have friends who are in on it.

This isn't some conspiracy theory. It's common sense that an admin would claim that a post they went out of their way to delete due to a potentially lawsuit-provoking leak is fake.
What's important is that in the same breath, that admin confirmed the post was real. Posts can't be edited beyond 10 minutes after they're posted. Therefore, it was real.
the_truth_is_revealed.png

Case in point.

Polan

Smash Lord
To explain. According To the mods this was a fake organized by multiple people. One person posted a thread with random letters and symbols, then the others commented on it. The thread was naturally deleted by the mods, but the fakers had what they needed. They waited for a direct and shopped the post so it would now contain info from said direct as well as false "leaked" info instead of the random jibberish, and people would believe it was a legit leak.
that's... a dumb and overcomplicated way to make a leak. are we sure that the mods are being truthful? also i thought that only the admins could see the original post? i would definitely kill the leak off if the mods posted what the original post said.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
I mean I'm obviously leaning on fake as the mod team clAims the original post existed, but it was just jibberish
I'm pretty certain from context clues and the fact that posts can only be edited after 10 minutes that by "random characters", they just meant that it's their opinion the person just posted random fighters. Clearly though, if they do think that, that can't be right. There's no way someone would predict as many characters as he did, not to mention Stage Morph.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
The French Leak
Sounds simple. I like it.

Anyway, either the post is edited or not. If not then I think there is a high possibility this is real. You don't just guess that many things correctly and somehow still be fake. 4chan leaks happen all the time and none of them have been that accurate.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Idea:
What if we get Vergeben to comment on this leak? If he can corroborate it we'll be in business.

I vote: The baguette leak.

That's the name of the message I sent to the users on the forum...
Getting Verge's opinion on this is a fine idea, but we shouldn't be holding him as the ultimate authority on whether a leak is real or not.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Dukeofdeath5 Dukeofdeath5 can you get in contact with the mods and see if they have records (a screenshot) of the original post? If not there's the possibility they could be lying.
Getting Verge's opinion on this is a fine idea, but we shouldn't be holding him as the ultimate authority on whether a leak is real or not.
Of course not, but if he can corroborate it or deny it then we'll make some progress as to whether this is real or fake.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait hold up, what about the post number

Compare it to dates in July to see if it matches up. Post numbers are **** like my number, which is #152,906. See if it matches up with posts made on the same date. If it's before or after specific posts made on specific dates, then it's fake.

Last edited:

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
For me, the admin said what was expected. It was bull****, but that was kind of the expected answer if it was deleted by admins,
Also, I still think it remains as a potential real leak. Even if deemed "random", these characters and features still remain suspicious.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wait hold up, what about the post number

Compare it to dates in July to see if it matches up. Post numbers are **** like my number, which is #152,906. See if it matches up with posts made on the same date. If it's before or after specific posts made on specific dates, then it's fake.
Your post number corresponds to the number of posts in the thread. Unless jeuxvideo works like that, we'll need a different method.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think you have it the other way around, buddy.
I’m sorry I worded it horribly, what I meant was that he’d work well as an Echo, Isaac is long-requested as well but would have to be an entirely new character and I just don’t see it because Camelot doesn’t seem to have much interest in the series and many people who worked on the series had left Camelot, trust me I really really really want to be wrong because I like Isaac and think he would be cool in Smash, I just don’t know about his chances. He would be hype though (Extra points if Matthew is an alt)

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
This would all be pretty cool

Isaac
Black Shadow
Ken
Shadow
Skull Kid
Geno
Gen7PKMN
Isabelle

Maybe:
Lloyd
Heihachi
Banjo-Kazooie

On top of:
Daisy
Inkling
Ridley
The Belmonts
Chrom
Dark Samus
K. Rool

It’s already huge with what’s confirmed.
Imagine the rest on the list being confirmed?
Etika would never get out of the hospital.

Edit: I guess disconfirmed the first 3 while typing. Should’ve known better.
Nothing has been disconfirmed. A fake leak doesnt invalidate the characters in said leak. Issac and Ken are still really likely

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
So the leak is either real or all the people that posted on that screenshot were in on it? Is that correct?

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Anybody can fake a forum post, especially if they have friends who are in on it.

View attachment 161679

Case in point.
You're a funny guy. There's obviously no point in arguing with you, looks to me like you've joined too late to this debate to really grasp what's going on. It was no inspect element, the post existed, and "random characters" doesn't mean keystrokes, it's just the admin's opinion of the fighters the leaker posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom