• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Here's the real question. Since Sakurai confirmed that they'll be showing us everyone who's in the game before it releases, do y'all think we'll ever get another Robin/Lucina situation, where they don't even bother with the Direct and are just like "hey we're gonna show you a new character at [insert time here], be there or be square"?
It’s definitely very possible. Can’t see why not.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
There's been two Banjo renders floating around the last couple days, not sure if either were part of the Isaac/Lloyd/Agnes leak but I thought one was.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...gehog-more-super-smash-bros-ultimate-surface/
Everything associated with this leak can just be confirmed fake, the Banjo render brought up in this article especially just looks like a lazy edit of already existing official renders from the 64 days.

Recently we were talking about this banjo leak:

This. And This

EDIT: For more context the first had to be color corrected because the background was too dark to actually see it. IDK where the better quality render came from and Idk where the first one was even spotted. I THINK 4chan
However it's likely fake, with several previous official Banjo renders matching the pose this one takes. The leaker likely used them as a stencil:

View attachment 161111

Is this the one people are talking about?

Did the guy notice the line on the nose is off center in his edit?

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
I forgot about that one, but that's not the one we've been discussing over the past few hours. I didn't save the link for it or I'd post it. oops.
Nah I know the one you're talking about. That one looks much better even though I still don't buy it.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Here's the real question. Since Sakurai confirmed that they'll be showing us everyone who's in the game before it releases, do y'all think we'll ever get another Robin/Lucina situation, where they don't even bother with the Direct and are just like "hey we're gonna show you a new character at [insert time here], be there or be square"?
I mean, there are only 3 months to go, so it all depends on how many characters are left to be shown. If there are like 8 new characters in the game like some leaks try to make us believe... they should reveal them out of Directs too, cause they might not have time otherwise. If there are like 4 characters I think they can show them in the next general Direct and in the final Smash Direct where they talk about the Spirits mode.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
What a conversation to wake up to... again..

Anyway I had a dream few days ago about Bandanna Dee being revealed. The trailer somehow was a continuation of the K. Rool trailer with Bandanna Dee poking Dedede's corpse with his spear.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Who do you guys predict will be announced in the next direct? I'm thinking.

Newcomers:
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Isabelle (Villager)
Shadow (Sonic)
My heart says "Isaac".

My brain says "Could be anyone".
I think you mean enhanced port. That was my favorite buzzword for a while.
If "we transferred over characters and stages from the previous game and then tweaked them to save on dev time" makes it a port, then... technically it's a port. :troll:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
I mean, a Direct could happen at any time this month, especially because of the online goin' live sometime soon.

But why do you feel it'll happen in the next week or so? Got a reason, or is it just your gut talkin'?
It's a feeling I've been having for the past week or so. Nintendo's had two indie Directs and their new mobile game just got a Direct as well, seems like they're getting smaller things out of the way now.

Then, I stumbled upon this:
Screenshot_20180829-192127~01~01.png

Screenshot_20180829-214408~01.png
Possible Smash leaker Mimique reweeted one of his friends claiming that there's a direct next week, and I'm of the mind that he wouldn't have done that for no reason.

Then, just yesterday, Nintendo's 6.0 update leaked:

l2t9ank.png

It's looking like Nintendo is going to be announcing brand new classic controllers soon, at the very least. It also just feels like it's time for a big one, at least to me. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm crazy. Just feel a Direct coming. Call it a hunch.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's a feeling I've been having for the past week or so. Nintendo's had two indie Directs and their mobile game just got a Direct as well.

Then i stumbled upon this:
View attachment 161118
View attachment 161119Possible Smash leaker Mimique reweeted one of his friends claming there's a direct next week, and I'm of the mind he wouldn't have done that for no reason.

And then, just yesterday, Nintendo's update leaked:

View attachment 161120

It's looking Nintendo is going to be announcing brand new classic controllers soon, at the very least. It also just feels like it's time for a big one, at least to me. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm crazy. Just feel a Direct coming. Call it a hunch.
Ah, got some good reasoning behind your hypothesis. With all this in mind, I could see a Direct happenin' real soon too.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What a conversation to wake up to... again..

Anyway I had a dream few days ago about Bandanna Dee being revealed. The trailer somehow was a continuation of the K. Rool trailer with Bandanna Dee poking Dedede's corpse with his spear.
I had a dream about Smash Ultimate over the week, two in fact.

The first involved getting Bubsy as a playable character, that was the last bit of the dream before I woke up and I don't remember much else.

The second was a little weirder. The game came out and had a VR mode (...so apparently the Nintendo Switch will get VR, I guess. :laugh:). The characters all had... 19th century style illustrations (e.g. the style of illustrations you'd see in, say, Huckleberry Finn) which hinted at which characters were in the game... for some reason. I scoured the illustrations until I found Isaac's, but I still had to unlock him legitimately (which I didn't do during the duration of the Dream).

There was something about Perfect Chaos at one point, but much of the dream is a blur. Like I said, it was weird.
And then, just yesterday, Nintendo's update leaked:

It's looking Nintendo is going to be announcing brand new classic controllers soon, at the very least. It also just feels like it's time for a big one, at least to me. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm crazy. Just feel a Direct coming. Call it a hunch.
If I'm understanding the images on the right correctly, you can use the Switch with just one Joycon attached? I don't know why I didn't consider that a possibility. XD

Last edited:

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Who do you guys predict will be announced in the next direct? I'm thinking.

Newcomers:
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Isabelle (Villager)
Shadow (Sonic)
New Pokemon rep (My money's on Zygarde-complete, don't @ me)
Shadow
Ken
Geno

and then for the direct after that, Skull Kid, Isabelle and Isaac. Maybe Banjo if we're lucky.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think there is a pretty good chance of this happening, especially around October.

September General Direct
October uploaded trailer
November Final Smash Direct

Optimistic but plausible, at least to me.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Instead of looking through 100 pages of conversation I missed, could someone tell me if anything interesting surfaced? Thank you <3

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Instead of looking through 100 pages of conversation I missed, could someone tell me if anything interesting surfaced? Thank you <3
Fake leaks. Only a Banjo-Kazooie render remains, though some evidence supports it’s fake.
Also, Zinith loves Yoshi and we’re pretty alarmed.
There is a cold going around
*cough*insertcharacterwelove*cough*

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
September General Direct
October uploaded trailer
November Final Smash Direct

Optimistic but plausible, at least to me.
My money's on:
TGS General Direct
November Smash Direct

A being whose eyes are artificial and machine based wouldn't need to blink. Biologically, we need to blink. Mechanically, robots don't. Robots eyes don't need to maintain a level of moisture.

That's not even real skin on his face.
His NES sprite blinks though.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
You should've seen me the first month I was on Smashboards...
I don’t wanna. Your level of appreciation for Yoshi is endearingly acceptable as I’ve known you.
Anything more is too much. Neither of us want that. We’ve become so close....lol.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
A being whose eyes are artificial and machine based wouldn't need to blink. Biologically, we need to blink. Mechanically, robots don't. Robots eyes don't need to maintain a level of moisture.

But he blinks in Mega Man games... And Marvel vs. Capcom... And his Smash 4 reveal! It's just a weird thing to take out.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Kind of a random thought for me to share, but I really hope that there's some more online with anyone rules at play and that they're better enforced.

Smash 4 addressed a few issues that utterly plagued Brawl's online, but it still hasn't stopped frequent taunt parties from showing up in For Fun. Hell, I even still see them on For Glory matches on occasion, even though there's so little else to do in FG if you're not actually fighting.
There's nothing more that can be done to enforce against taunt parties in a With Anyone FFA mode; you can restrict the usage of actual taunts and kick people who make no inputs at all for an extended period, but there's nothing Nintendo can automate that will force people to actually fight each other. Modes like Basic Brawl and For Fun are just destined to become full of griefers and "taunt partiers" after the initial casual playerbase mostly leaves.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

We all know that the Smash caharacters were mocaped actors and actresses and animals.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
I think that's going to happen in October

Honestly, i am unsure if Banjo will make it - i don't quite believe those renders

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Honestly, i am unsure if Banjo will make it - i don't quite believe those renders
The renders are total fake, but I really don’t see how they impact Banjo’s chances? Rumours don’t really effect a character’s chances.

I think he’s just as unlikely as he was before. He could very well be DLC for the game, but base roster just isn’t going to happen.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Smash is one of those very few situations where I don't mind DLC. With the current size of the roster, I really couldn't blame them if they had no time to include everyone before the initial release and I think it would be even better for them to analyse the community after the game is released to see who else to add.

Besides, what with the scope of this game, I really wish they'd continue to launch updates for it after release, paid or not, since it's obvious we're not getting another Smash for at least 5 or so years. These updates don't even have to be characters: imagine new gamemodes, items, stages, features and so on – while we're here, maybe even a story mode released on a chapter by chapter basis.

KMDP

Smash Legend
There's nothing more that can be done to enforce against taunt parties in a With Anyone FFA mode; you can restrict the usage of actual taunts and kick people who make no inputs at all for an extended period, but there's nothing Nintendo can automate that will force people to actually fight each other. Modes like Basic Brawl and For Fun are just destined to become full of griefers and "taunt partiers" after the initial casual playerbase mostly leaves.
Omega... Have you said this before? Like about two weeks ago?

I have this weird feeling of Déjà vu...

KMDP

Smash Legend
So is it true that classic won’t have any randomness to it?
We don't know yet.

From what Sakurai showed us, it's likely that a lot of it is non-random, but as a trade-off, every fighter has a unique sequence of battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom