• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
The cross guard on the vampire killer resembles the combat cross from Lords of Shadow.

Regardless, it seems like such a technicality to distinguish between classic Castlevania and the reboot series.
In terms of canon, it very much isn’t a technicality. People are ignoring it because the continuity diverges so greatly from the classic continuity that it probably won’t be referenced at all in Smash, so it doesn’t confuse people unfamiliar with the franchise too much.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The point still stands for Duck Hunt, Pit, ROB, IC, and Mac
Punch-Out!! (Wii) = 2009
Smash 4 = 2014

Little Mac got the new design and Final Smash from the Wii game.

As for Duck Hunt, Pit (in Brawl), R.O.B., and Ice Climbers, they were added as retro characters from a bygone era.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So no comments on the fact that the game has been only rated literally the day after the images came about?

I don't believe in the "leak" but I just find it really weird how coincidental that is.

Also, that means the ESRB has seen all of the content.

Chrono.

lol I forgot Little Mac in Brawl looked like this.

180px-Mac.jpg

Yikes boo boo.

Still better than Fight Night Little Mac

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
Just looked at the original thread, and there's no indication that it was OP who said he'd post video proof
It might have been someone just fishing for (You)s

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Has Verge or LoZ said anything about this leak?

Because I imagine at least Verge might be able to go to his sources and see if Agnes is the Square character they saw.

Not that it's not obviously fake already, but you'd think the most prominent leaker of the game thus far would have commented on this.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
So no comments on the fact that the game has been only rated literally the day after the images came about?

I don't believe in the "leak" but I just find it really weird how coincidental that is.

Also, that means the ESRB has seen all of the content.
Inb4 history repeats itself and ESRB somehow leaks the roster even though Sakurai wants to reveal everyone before the game comes out. Imagine the rage of that poor man lmao.

KMDP

Smash Legend
lol I forgot Little Mac in Brawl looked like this.

View attachment 160726

Yikes boo boo.

Still better than Fight Night Little Mac
That Little Mac looks so weird, considering what he looks like now.

*looks on Little Mac's wikipedia page on a whim*
"He was originally going to be named Peter Punch, but this was changed by the time of the game's debut."
Um... ... :laugh:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Inb4 history repeats itself and ESRB somehow leaks the roster even though Sakurai wants to reveal everyone before the game comes out. Imagine the rage of that poor man lmao.
The weirder thing is that the game has been rated nearly 3 months in advance, which nobody would have thought so, which means the game might be closer to gold than we thought.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That Little Mac looks so weird, considering what he looks like now.

*looks on Little Mac's wikipedia page on a whim*
"He was originally going to be named Peter Punch, but this was changed by the time of the game's debut."
Um... ... :laugh:
I mean, with names like Glass Joe, Soda Popinski, and Pizza Pasta, it wouldn't be TOO out of place.

Iridium

Smash Hero

On Reddit (again), I found this tier list, which averaged tier list placements for the demo characters, from the tier lists created by ESAM, ZeRo and M2K/Salem. I'm mostly certain these are not ordered within tiers, so keep that in mind.

I also get that this won't mean much, so please don't remind me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Potential Echo Fighter for Little Mac.

But what’s his name? Is it also Little Mac? Or just Mac?
For what it's worth, in Fight Night, it says MAC on his shorts. Outside of that, he has no name, not even in Super.

Next time, they should send the ninjas over there, if that happens.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Also, I never realized how many people are here. 107 users and 135 guests! That's something, I guess.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nah, that’s definitely going to be Waluigi.
I think if people aren't afraid to vote for who they want regardless of who is or isn't playable in this specific entry, assuming there's another ballot, Waluigi, Shovel Knight and Bomberman should have the best shot. Memes aside, Waluigi's a pretty recognizable character, spin-offs only or not, people know about him, and enjoy his scumbag personality. People genuinely love the gangly purple dude...well the one that's NOT Ridley.

Bomberman's fairly iconic, and was probably more "expected" than Simon Belmont(I wanted both because I think both are pretty cool). On paper he's a pretty simple character, likely the reason as to why he's an assist in the first place. But so are guys like Marth being "sword man" or Bowser being "heavy guy". He's got enough tech from his more adventure based games to pull inspiration from. So if given another chance, he should be fine.

Shovel Knight's the Indie star most people fell head over heels for. The fact that he got in as an assist is actually pretty huge for a smaller character, even if Nintendo published his game in Japan. Getting this close to being in upset some people, but I feel that for even more, it'll ignite a spark of renewed interest for whatever follow up occurs after the base game.

Mega Man X, Zero, Knuckles, Ashley, Midna and Protoman I think have strong enough fan demand too, well as strong as you can when we got most of the heavy hitters.. I've seen plenty of people who wanted them as well, some people wanted Mega Man X or Zero before Mega Man(not me, as while MMX is my favorite, I don't think he should've been added before the OG, though he'd make for a great 2nd character). Obviously, I'd pick Mega Man X over any of these dudes. Like, Zero would be okay, but he's never been my favorite Mega Man character, and he's had the most crossovers other than Mega Man himself. Knuckles being my favorite Sonic character means I'd be okay with him somehow getting a second chance one of these days. Midna would probably be a fun character too.

I don't know if Alucard had that many shooters out here though. But I think he'll have more fans rooting for him now that he's been in the game in some fashion at all.

Then there's Ow The Edge. Since we don't know if he's still an Assist or not, he could make it in this game, if not, no skin off my back since I think Tails or Knuckles would be better choices, but he's got his fans too. So if another vote occurs and he's not playable, he'll be a pretty popular choice. Same can be said about Isabelle probably, pretty popular character, if they aren't in, she's got shooters to let Sakurai know what's up. Oh, and Skull Kid too if he doesn't make it in.

Well, that was long as ****. Thanks for reading this dumb ass post if you did.

Mega Man X and Zero are bros.gif

TL;DR: Some characters deconfirmed now might still have a chance down the line if you don't let up your support.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Even in a leak, it seems people sleep on Rhythm Heaven in smash. However, it does feel good to see them actually aknowledged for once in a leak (albeit a clear BS one). I hope an actual character isn’t in 2D, though.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Just want to give a quick shout out to the person who made these fakes for giving us something to talk about for the last X amounts of pages.

This is way better than going stir crazy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Still guys, if a video DOES surface, do be careful. Knowing 4chan they’d probably show something NSFW...or God forbid NSFL.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Even in a leak, it seems people sleep on Rhythm Heaven in smash. However, it does feel good to see them actually aknowledged for once in a leak (albeit a clear BS one). I hope an actual character isn’t in 2D, though.
I have a feeling that they may get 3D models given the Warioware assist trophies do. I mean after all they are all in Ko Takeuchi's artstyle.
But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they get in as 2D, especially if it's the Chorus Kids.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Good, the renders were awful
I think awful is pretty rough.

If they were truly awful they wouldn't have got our attention for as long as they have.

This is a pretty high quality fake IMO.

Especially as some of the Smash renders are kinda jank anyway.

amageish

Smash Master
Okay, here's a fairly standard question: What are some of the weirdest characters/games you'd like to see be represented in non-playable roles?

My main one is the Uniracer - a one-off unicycle from a SNES-era game made by Nintendo of America and DMA Design, now known as Rockstar North. It was a knockoff of Sonic only realized in North America and the EU that I've never played personally, but it seems hillarious enough that I'd be interested in seeing it roll around as an assist trophy.

Otherwise, I'd be down for some Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE non-playable representation, as one of the three people in the world who enjoyed that game.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, with names like Glass Joe, Soda Popinski, and Pizza Pasta, it wouldn't be TOO out of place.
I know it's somewhat on the nose and kind of insensitive, but I actually think Soda Popinski's original name (Vodka Drunkenski) is really funny and has a lot of charm to it.

Soda Popinski is funny for a different reason.

Also, the fact that the one British guy in the entire series (Narcis Prince) is... well, a Narcissistic asshole is pretty funny.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Just my 2 cents about the argument about a character being more recognizable for young audiences:

Does it even matter that much? The big majority of gamers are on their 20/30s, a character is much more likely to have more popularity if he's recognizable for that audience, proof of it is the fact that most of the popular requests for smash are characters from the 80/90s

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Okay, here's a fairly standard question: What are some of the weirdest characters/games you'd like to see be represented in non-playable roles?

My main one is the Uniracer - a one-off unicycle from a SNES-era game made by Nintendo of America and DMA Design, now known as Rockstar North. It was a knockoff of Sonic only realized in North America and the EU that I've never played personally, but it seems hillarious enough that I'd be interested in seeing it roll around as an assist trophy.

Otherwise, I'd be down for some Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE non-playable representation, as one of the three people in the world who enjoyed that game.
Bubbles from Clu Clu Land. Maybe an Assist Trophy where she wraps around platforms rapidly...

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I have a feeling that they may get 3D models given the Warioware assist trophies do. I mean after all they are all in Ko Takeuchi's artstyle.
But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they get a 2D model, especially if it's the Chorus Kids.
I remember their smash 4 trophy along with the smash run enemy used a 2D model, so I think that would be most likely.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Still guys, if a video DOES surface, do be careful. Knowing 4chan they’d probably show something NSFW...or God forbid NSFL.
The internet is a strange and dangerous place, I googled ZSS with google safe search on to see if the ultimate look actually matched the SR design... *Thousand yard stare and PTSD flashbacks*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom