• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
The newsgroup I run is running a Smash character poll. So far we have almost 4,000 responses. If you're interested you can vote here:
https://twitter.com/SSBUNews/status/1030202551696875521

Apologies if posts like this aren't allowed.
I have a little update on this. I initially wasn't planning on making the results public until much later but since it seems to be very successful, I thought I would give a slight tease of what the results are looking like so far.
With roughly 11,500 responses, here's what the Top 3 is looking like so far:
3. Sora
2. Isaac
1. Geno

Iridium

Smash Hero

Having found this on Reddit and subsequently remembered this, I would have no problem if this random occurrence somehow came back.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Having found this on Reddit and subsequently remembered this, I would have no problem if this random occurrence somehow came back.
I don't think Slowboards will allow me to view it, what's this?

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
So, are we finally not taking Loz seriously now?

The Gamefaqs thing was one thing, but the twitter nuke was a whole nother level.
He's essentially become the embodiment of that one kid from elementary school who would walk up to people saying he had a secret, whisper something dumb in their ears and just run away giggling to himself.

I don't think Slowboards will allow me to view it, what's this?
2 Dededes in the background of Dream Land in Melee.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Not sure if y'all heard or if it was mentioned earlier, but Ishizuka Unshou, Japanese voice actor of Heihachi, as well as other characters (Old Joseph Joestar, Jet Black, Mr. Satan, Professor Oak) had passed away earlier in the week. If Heihachi makes it into Ultimate, it'd likely be the last time Unshou would have voiced him, and he'd be immortalized within Smash history.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Not sure if y'all heard or if it was mentioned earlier, but Ishizuka Unshou, Japanese voice actor of Heihachi, as well as other characters (Old Joseph Joestar, Jet Black, Mr. Satan, Professor Oak) had passed away earlier in the week. If Heihachi makes it into Ultimate, it'd likely be the last time Unshou would have voiced him, and he'd be immortalized within Smash history.
Oh, we were grieving last night about that . . .

Two of Heihachi's voice actors are now dead. And he's dead himself, right? This is strange . . .

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Um, how do I delete my own posts, and if I can't, can a mod do it? I don't wanna double post.
A mod has to do it. What I’ve seen people do is just edit the extra post and say, “sorry double post, please delete”

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Jeez I feel like not trusting anymore info on Loz and Verge until I see the Directs for myself. Something doesn't feel right with the whole thing lately
I don't see any reason to ever trust leakers! I view it as "If they got a bunch of characters right and seem like they have inside sources, I'll consider what they say."

But they could always
1. Be lying
2. Be mislead
3. Have old information

So taking everything with a grain of salt is the best way to go. That way we don't get too hyped up over leaks, but we have some interesting speculation when something seems like a likely real leak! :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Loz18 thinks that Tom Nook is gonna be an echo fighter, even though he's in the final smash and the background. Seriously, Tom Nook of all characters. At this point, I'm not going to believe anything he says anymore, unless he can give us some real proof. He was credible at one point, but it seems like his source isn't giving him any new info.
Got a link to this claim? This could be a trap, since Tom Nook was also in Villager’s 4 Final Smash...

If it was a new addition to a FS (Kumatora, Proto Man etc) later being converted to an echo in addition I *could* buy it, but characters like Tom Nook, Dunban, and Riki (and Viridi if she’s still in the background of Reset Bomb Forest) are out of luck

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a question.

If Isaac gets in, what would his stage be? To make this challenging, it can't be a lighthouse.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Got a link to this claim? This could be a trap, since Tom Nook was also in Villager’s 4 Final Smash...

If it was a new addition to a FS (Kumatora, Proto Man etc) later being converted to an echo in addition I *could* buy it, but characters like Tom Nook, Dunban, and Riki (and Viridi if she’s still in the background of Reset Bomb Forest) are out of luck
Here you go. https://twitter.com/loz183/status/1030064876323053569 How would it be a trap?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Another deadline 4chan rumor. And as always, it's a too good to be true rumor and it's likely going to be confirmed fake tonight.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76911890

>New characters
Skull Kid
Isaac
Geno
Lloyd
Banjo
Incineroar

>Echos
Felix
Bandana Dee (You'll see)
Isabelle

>Stages
Venus Lighthouse
Hima
Moon (Only in special mode)
Hailfire Peaks

>Dates
No smash news during online direct
DLC to be announced November
Direct after TGS

>Proof
When this post is eight hours old, the title of this youtube video will change to "Bomb Blush Rush".
Huh… we'll see, obviously not buying it but damn i wish it was true, lol

Giving your fake leak an imminent deadline is one of the main elements to making a bunch of people talk about it forever.
The title of the video likely won't change, but it'll have a handful of people clamoring over F5 anyway.
well 8 hours isn't really forever… i will just check it once by the time it's near or something and probably laugh and say "i knew it" to myself.

So, are we finally not taking Loz seriously now?

The Gamefaqs thing was one thing, but the twitter nuke was a whole nother level.
Yeah I actually rather expect to hear more from verg than loz at this point. Loz just won't stop doing weird **** that damages his own credibility. Plus, time is flying, we will get news on smash sometime soon again anyways, if it's true that there are many characters to announce yet.

Also everyone, i know this has nothing to do with Smash but… RIP Unshō Ishizuka, voice of profesor Oak and Heihachi from tekken.
images.jpg

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Double post by accident. Pls delete
Oh yeah I know that he was just speculating, but even still, why of all the possibilities would you think Tom Nook? He just doesn't seem like a likely choice at all. I don't get why he would think that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
well 8 hours isn't really forever… i will just check it once by the time it's near or something and probably laugh and say "i knew it" to myself.
I didn't literally mean "forever" , I meant "people will talk about it more than they normally would talk a leak and for longer".

SlayQueen

Smash Cadet
You know what would be amazing? If Nintendo released a Smash comic series, like the Injustice Series.

I recently created some fan art and it got me thinking how cool it would be to have something like this!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Come to think of it, I'm very curious as to when we'll get another official batch of info from Nintendo about the game, considering it's really not all that far away from releasing now. There's only a few months left to go.

I'm sure we'll know almost everything about the game before that point, the question is when. What will be the next few periods of time they choose to tell us more?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't see any reason to ever trust leakers! I view it as "If they got a bunch of characters right and seem like they have inside sources, I'll consider what they say."

But they could always
1. Be lying
2. Be mislead
3. Have old information

So taking everything with a grain of salt is the best way to go. That way we don't get too hyped up over leaks, but we have some interesting speculation when something seems like a likely real leak! :)
That's why I'm keeping my expectations extremely low this time around. And it's working because I'm not getting myself hyped out. Wii U/3DS did so much and got burnt a few times so it's working so far now lol.

Bandanna Dee as an Echo? I'm not buying this one

KMDP

Smash Legend
Another deadline 4chan rumor. And as always, it's a too good to be true rumor and it's likely going to be confirmed fake tonight.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76911890

>New characters
Skull Kid
Isaac
Geno
Lloyd
Banjo
Incineroar

>Echos
Felix
Bandana Dee (You'll see)
Isabelle

>Stages
Venus Lighthouse
Hima
Moon (Only in special mode)
Hailfire Peaks

>Dates
No smash news during online direct
DLC to be announced November
Direct after TGS

>Proof
When this post is eight hours old, the title of this youtube video will change to "Bomb Blush Rush".
Hmm...

>Echoes
Bandana Dee (You'll see)

HMM...
I keep forgetting to mention, but last night I hit upon something.

An Echo idea.

An Echo idea I think people are going to hate.

Bandana Dee. As a Kirby Echo.

Replace "Inhale" with a variation of Shield Breaker, and "Stone" with like a Counter or something.

*hides behind a suspiciously pink rock*
HMM...

Seems legit, you guys.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Even though I don't believe the leak at all, I could totally see Dee as a "Wolf-like" clone, where he borrows moves from multiple sources.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Hey, I'm new here. Been wanting to join the conversation, and after lurking for months, decided SmashBoards is the most welcoming, as I'm usually nervous joining new threads. E3 renewed my love for Smash, the roster/stages/modes/options are shaping Ultimate up to being the perfect game. Only one addition would make it perfect in my eyes (guess who), but I remain cautious and love everything we have so far.

I think DLC is a lock--it's just probably not being planned at the moment, and it's not like there's a drought of likely contenders. Rex/Pyra, ARMS rep, new FE rep, Crash, as well as an echo pack all seem highly likely (though like previous DLC, I expect many third party guest characters). Even if Sakurai feels like he's finished after Ultimate releases, I can't imagine them dropping any continued support.

I made a similar analysis, and I think that's the case. My guess is 4-5 more unique characters and 4 echoes.
Welcome! I’m probably late to say this, but I’m also still 2 pages back or more.

Around here, people call me the welcome wagon. Because I’m here to let you know that I will be there for you when the world falls apart around you. I will be that shoulder you can PUT A TOWEL ON when you need to cry.

None of that is true. I made my account just over a week ago. Welcome anyways!

StormC

Smash Hero
Food for thought, after a debate with a friend.

Sonic Adventure 2 was developed by Sonic Team USA.

Shadow was, as far as I am aware, created by Japanese artists.

Would Shadow be considered a western character if he was added in? I would say being created by Japanese artists would make him Japanese, even if the game he was introduced in was developed by Americans.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Even though I don't believe the leak at all, I could totally see Dee as a "Wolf-like" clone, where he borrows moves from multiple sources.

*stretches* Alright then.

Neutral B: :ultmarth:'s Shield Breaker
Side B: Hammer
Up B: :ultpeach:'s Parasol
Down B: :ultmarth:'s Counter

All his basic attacks are the same as Kirby's, all the ones that use punches instead have a Spear, to increase his range.

Bandana Dee has two fewer jumps than Kirby does (basically, he still has three, more than most).

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

*stretches* Alright then.

Neutral B: :ultmarth:'s Shield Breaker
Side B: Hammer
Up B: :ultpeach:'s Parasol
Down B: :ultmarth:'s Counter

All his basic attacks are the same as Kirby's, all the ones that use punches instead have a Spear, to increase his range.

Bandana Dee has two fewer jumps than Kirby does (basically, he still has three, more than most).
I.... could actually see this? Damn he really could be a Kirby Echo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
FINALLY the site’s loading properly and not lagging like hell ;w;

now to see how long this period will last

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I know he's speculating and I'm not taking it seriously. I'm not saying that he's saying that Tom Nook will be in the game. All I'm saying is that Tom Nook is such a random choice for an echo fighter. Nobody's talking about him and several things point to him not being playable, so why would loz think and speculate that he's gonna be playable?
Loz18 thinks that Tom Nook is gonna be an echo fighter, even though he's in the final smash and the background. Seriously, Tom Nook of all characters. At this point, I'm not going to believe anything he says anymore, unless he can give us some real proof. He was credible at one point, but it seems like his source isn't giving him any new info.

Edit: I know that he's only speculating and that he has no claim for this, which is why I said he thinks Tom will be in the game (quote: "I'm thinking Dixie, Shadow, and Tom Nook"). Also, I'm not taking what he says about this seriously. I just think Tom is a very odd and random choice when there are other echo fighters that seem to be much more likely.
So you're not going to believe him anymore because he has an opinion that you disagree with? It sounds like you were taking it seriously. It's not like his speculation of Tom Nook discredits him in any way.

And to be clear, I'm not really a follow of loz18, myself. I'm just trying to lay down the facts, here.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that this is how all the misinterpretations happen. Please make sure you always understand the full context or give your full context before you post. Otherwise, people are going to run away with wrong information.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
His hometown?
Had the same thought, Isaac's stage could be Vale.

It could be focused on Jenna's house (which is by a river). Sort of like Jungle Japes, there is a river running towards the camera, there is usually a pier to stop people falling into the river, but occasionally a boulder rolls down Mt. Aleph and breaks the pier.

If you fall in the river you are KO'd.

In the hazardless version of the stage the town is peaceful and the pier never breaks.

If you try to stand on the roofs of the houses, you might break the straw and get "buried".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom