• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I once said that I would lick a Ridley statue if Ridey was revealed at E3...
And this golden guy reminded me.
HNOOOO.PNG

Ridley is here and he has an amibo, sooo....
Yes I will not do the bet.

Also lets go Pit!!!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Ike is really popular with this crowd I've noticed. He's picked quite a bit. I wonder what makes him so popular?
Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 12.19.41 AM.png
He's always been popular/seen as powerful among low level players, doesn't matter which game either, it's just that a character with high attack power and long range is inevitably going to be "good" at low level play where players don't really try to adapt to anything, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bowser just creamed that Pit.

Also for every roll, the stream speeds up a little bit.

D

Deleted member

I love how Kirby brings two more of himself when his victory theme appears like the original games. Nice touch.
Also R.I.P that Snake. He was so close.
Yes I am glad Kirby won!

Also there is so many Pit and Ike today.

D

Deleted member

That Ike just kicked everyone's butt!

Whoever is Player 1 is the best out of the four I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
The exact moment they switch back to Aces someone picks Ridley.
Japanese friendly stream is varified.

D

Deleted member

Did they buff the. Miis at all in smash4 the only one that isn't completely outclassed is Mii brawler

RandomAce

Smash Champion
They switched back to Aces right when someone picked Ridley, dammit.

Oh, @tephonycorn.

Any new leaks?

I’m pretty sure the ones that say there would be something on July 15th is pretty much reconfirmed at this point

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I feel like Waluigi's walking animation in Tennis was inspired by watching how crabs walk.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Did they buff the. Miis at all in smash4 the only one that isn't completely outclassed is Mii brawler
Not sure which you're asking but if you're asking if they got buffed in Smash 4 they all got buffs (easy way to remember is that literally every low tier and below in Smash 4 got buffed at least once in the patches, except for Dedede and Jigglypuff), in Ultimate we don't know yet, the only "buff" they have for them is on the Wiki and it's for Mii Brawler, "Soaring Axe Kick's animation has been altered, and appears to be performed faster.", which may be a buff but we don't know if that's just a animation that got changed or if there's more to it yet.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I feel like Waluigi's walking animation in Tennis was inspired by watching how crabs walk.
Your right. Waluigi is walking like a crab, and crab in Norwegian is Krabbe, which also means crawl, which is hinting to Waluigi crawling his way into Smash Ultimate ! Illuminati confirmed. And Half-Life 3 I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Your right. Waluigi is walking like a crab, and crab in Norwegian is Krabbe, which also means crawl, which is hinting to Waluigi crawling his way into Smash Ultimate ! Illuminati confirmed. And Half-Life 3 I guess.
So that must mean Phil Swift for smash confirmed /•\

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Damn Chain Chomp with the savage body shot to Daisy. What did Daisy every did to you Chain Chomp?

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I always wonder why some players wear those medical masks? Are they sick, or afraid of getting themselves or others sick?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I always wonder why some players wear those medical masks? Are they sick, or afraid of getting themselves or others sick?
It's been like this for years in Asia. I believe it's because of the poor ecosystem. And that some are more easier sick/affected than others with poor immune system.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I believe it’s the former, i’m not positive but i think they wear them whey they’re sick as to avoid getting anyone else sick. Also the Smash footage has been really fun to watch!! I don’t expect a reveal tonight but I’d love one before the month is over.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Large gatherings of people are pretty notorious for getting attendees sick, so wearing such masks at such events helps prevent yourself from getting sick.

Last edited:

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
It seems Smash is back on stream for those wondering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom