• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hmm I wonder...
Oh I got it, it's Jigglypuff! *leans back on chair, puts feet upon the table, and crosses legs and arms* Nailed it! XD
Clearly fake but it has some cool ideas tbh, Dixie's moveset sounds cool and I love the up special idea. Elma sounds fun too but a mech form wouldn't work at all, that **** is massive lol
Nothing is too big or massive for Smash has Ridley taught you nothing? XD

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I believe that the leak is fake. Elma's moveset is so unlike how she is portrayed in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

D

Deleted member

If anything, I’d expect a reveal of 1-2 newcomers a month (including echoes) up until its release in December. Maybe for the December Direct they’ll make it a Smash Special and reveal more than two, and/or hint at upcoming DLC

[size=small]JUST GIVE ME ELMA SOON SAKURAI FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IM BEGGING YOU[/size]
I'm pretty sure that's what we all want, but I have a feeling that we're not getting anything this month.
PLS SAKURAI REVEAL DECIDUEYE SO THAT I'LL BE ABLE TO RETURN TO LIVING A NORMAL LIFE

MainJPW

M.T.A
If we can have the Onett and Winters themes in Smash, why haven't we gotten the Twoson theme yet? It's the best in the game.

(And it's so wholesome to think of Ness and Paula meeting the first time ;w; )

Yeah, that's a delightful track. and I agree... I mean if Ai no Uta can be in Smash I don't see why this is left out.

You know what else should be in Smash?

Dangerous Highway. C'mon... C'mon Sakurai...

Pakky

Smash Hero

One is a dream the other :urg: that feels bad man...

also good

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If anything, I’d expect a reveal of 1-2 newcomers a month (including echoes) up until its release in December. Maybe for the December Direct they’ll make it a Smash Special and reveal more than two, and/or hint at upcoming DLC

JUST GIVE ME ELMA SOON SAKURAI FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IM BEGGING YOU
Isn't this min. 6 newcomers minus hidden ones? It might be too many.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
. Elma from Xenoblade Chronicle X is one of the newcomers I have seen almost no info. All I know is that she has two forms: a Human form and a Mech form. While in Mech Form she can fly if you press the jump button. I am pretty sure that she can only take some damage in mech form (50%?) before destroying the mech and not being able to return into that form for the time shes alive. She can shoot with a gun in her mech and form and kicks a lot in human form.
That sounds cool, and somewhat plausible. Maybe if she gets something like this Verus design? (Verus is her favorite Skell)

Switching from Skell to on foot is a big thing in XenoX and so is Skells getting blown up if you're careless. Sounds like a plausible way to make her work in game, though I hope she gets Ghost Factory somewhere.

D

Deleted member

I really don't think we're gonna get anything outside of going over all the E3 stuff again until whenever a Smash Direct happens. My guess is early November, but I could see them doing it in October so that November can be all about shoving Pokemon into as many faces as possible.

Hope I'm wrong, though; I want more Smash news ASAP. :p

Especially if it's about Bandana Dee...pls Sakurai give him a chance he's a good boi. ;-;

Miikon

Smash Cadet
Im really wondering when we get new info. Summer is already known as the time for slow news, so please give us something soon.

I also wonder whether Plusle and Minun will be alts for :ultpichu:.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I am destined to Falcon Punch a new player on my birthday (technically next year or after once this game is released). What about you?
I am destined to become friends with someone I love, on my birthday?

So is it saying I'll become somegirl's boyfriend on my birthday?:)

Or that I'm fated to unrequited love to the girl I love, and we just end up as friends on my birthday?

I don't know how to feel about this game anymore.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wonder if we’re getting more Third-party Assist Trophies?

Minecraft representation is obviously a given cause of the Vergeben leak but if they decide to make Arle an Assist Trophy I will flip.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I just had a funny thought; If we get his pyjama's I wonder if Japan would get Ness in the buff instead?

Yeah, there's no way the Treehouse would ever allow that to be carried overseas. If they feel the need to censor Corrin, imagine how they'd respond to this. The staff would have a heart attack after one glimpse.

D

Deleted member

Minecraft representation is obviously a given cause of the Vergeben leak but if they decide to make Arle an Assist Trophy I will flip.
Phoenix Wright seems like an obvious choice for that.
Which would be perfectly fine by me if it means some Ace Attorney remixes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

If there are two third party assist trophies I really want, they’re Raiden (Metal Gear Rising) and Dante (DMC). I’d be ok with Rayman being an AT too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm pretty sure that's what we all want, but I have a feeling that we're not getting anything this month.
PLS SAKURAI REVEAL DECIDUEYE SO THAT I'LL BE ABLE TO RETURN TO LIVING A NORMAL LIFE
You'll get Mimkyu and you will like it.

I just had a funny thought; If we get his pyjama's I wonder if Japan would get Ness in the buff instead?

e68.jpg

I don't think that's legal.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I could actually see Heihachi working really well as an Assist Trophy, if he weren’t to be playable I’d say that’d be his second best bet, or Klonoa.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I really don't think we're gonna get anything outside of going over all the E3 stuff again until whenever a Smash Direct happens. My guess is early November, but I could see them doing it in October so that November can be all about shoving Pokemon into as many faces as possible.

Hope I'm wrong, though; I want more Smash news ASAP. :p

Especially if it's about Bandana Dee...pls Sakurai give him a chance he's a good boi. ;-;
I say we get a Direct somewhere in August.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
What would your reaction be in a hypothetical scenario where the main character of Dragalia Lost (this guy) were to be a DLC fighter for Ultimate?
Well sh*t, I sorta expected him but at the same time I didn’t really.

I mean, Eudrith is the protagonist of a new Nintendo IP (yes, Dragalia Lost is owned by Nintendo) so him being one of those recent DLC characters would be great.

I mean he can also turn into a dragon, so he can replace Corrin.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Are we talking about earthbound / mother? aw yeah, let me post some music that I would like to see in smash:
Well I could post the whole Mother 3 soundtrack, but I decided to keep it short with some of my favorites.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
For Square-Enix ATs, I think the most likely ones would be another FF character (probably Tifa, Terra, Sephiroth or Lightning), someone from Bravely Default, or even Neku from The World Ends With You. I’d personally prefer Neku cause TWEWY is a really awesome game that imo everyone should play at least once. There’s also 2B, I guess.

2B would insta-KO anyone who tried to look up her skirt. :troll: “What are you doing?”

MainJPW

M.T.A
Are we talking about earthbound / mother? aw yeah, let me post some music that I would like to see in smash:

Well I could post the whole Mother 3 soundtrack, but I decided to keep it short with some of my favorites.
We need more remastered Mother tracks in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I say we get a Direct somewhere in August.
Oh yeah, I definitely think the next general Direct will be around then, I was talking about a Smash focused one. I don't know if the next general Direct will talk about Smash or not, TBH it's kind of hard to tell with Nintendo. They work in very odd, mysterious ways lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If we get a Direct next month, that doesn’t mean we still can’t get a surprise livestream of a trailer, like Robin’s almost four years ago.

though I still say it was in a way related to EVO

P.Kat

Smash Champion
he can replace Corrin.
Not on my watch.
Oh yeah, I definitely think the next general Direct will be around then, I was talking about a Smash focused one. I don't know if the next general Direct will talk about Smash or not, TBH it's kind of hard to tell with Nintendo. They work in very odd, mysterious ways lol.
I guess it could go either share the Direct with Smash in August, or place it in November.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
HEY SO UH

Found this in the Bandana Dee thread, does this mean there’s gonna be a direct soon??

Zeox

Smash Champion
And the Koopalings never use Shadow Mario, and Lucina's fighting style in Awakening is nothing like Marth's, and Alph has never flown Olimar's ship. Consistency with canon is very iffy in Smash.
That's why I said "Sure they could just say "who cares" and let him use the yo-yo ".
Yet I can explain that the koopalings use the same tools and weapons as bowser jr. because they all live together and share their tools. I don't know about Fire Emblem or Pikmin so I'm not gonna try to talk about it and make a fool of myself.
What I am saying is, Ness as a character uses abilities that aren't from him, they are from his companions, Ness never uses PK Fire or PK Starstorm, one is from Paula, the other is from Poo, same with Lucas, yet when Ness fights, he uses his bat and yo-yo, and Lucas uses his stick.
Lucas could easily just use the same bat as Ness, but they decided to change that because it wasn't his weapon, instead they give him the stick and the snake rope from Duster.
What I'm saying is that, they could just let Ninten be exactly like Ness, but they Yo-yo is the most iconic attack of Ness to the point that the Kirby ability of yo-yo is a direct reference of Ness, is not just a minor detail or a minor ability, is what makes Ness himself and what differences Ninten from Ness.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
HEY SO UH

Found this in the Bandana Dee thread, does this mean there’s gonna be a direct soon??
"Jump Victory Carnival 2018" will be held at Makuhari Messe in Chiba Prefecture on 7/16 (Monday, congratulation) and at INTEX Osaka in Osaka Prefecture on 7/22 (Sunday).
At the Nintendo booth, we will hold a "winning challenge" that will challenge three consecutive victories between visitors and customers at "Super Brawl Smash Bros. SPECIAL" and "Mario Tennis Ace".
On this page we will live stream of July 16th.

A translation found on GameFaqs

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean he can also turn into a dragon, so he can replace Corrin.
Aw HELL NAW
I could actually see Heihachi working really well as an Assist Trophy, if he weren’t to be playable I’d say that’d be his second best bet, or Klonoa.
We’d still have a Street Fighter X Tekken reunion in Smash, so I would easily accept this

Ness isn’t legal to be naked (Kirby isn’t either...but he can be excused since he eats people)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom