• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Metal Mario's cool. but i just can't understand pink gold peach.
Not to mention, they're better as alts.
It's just a cool Metal for Peach fans. Just like Baby Daisy is a cute baby for Daisy fans. A lot of people actually like these characters because they have love for the original and they think Baby Mario characters are cute.

It's just a Mario Kart game.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This isn't really a leak, but it's an interesting post nonetheless. Your thoughts?
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423160387/#423160387
I cracked the code. This is what you can expect both from Smash and from Switch.

Remember the Splatoon announcement? Nintendo's gonna try that again for the following new characters: have them show up in a direct as it pertains to their own game, then show them in the context of Smash. This means that every Smash character will go together with another game announcement.

In order to pull this off, Nintendo had to refrain from showing its cards last E3.

Now with this all-seeing eye I see the following:

1. Captain K. Rool. Within unofficial polls conducted around the world (both in English and in Japanese) he consistently finds a spot in the top 3. Meanwhile we haven't heard anything from Retro Studio's new project, even though they should be ready to show something. Coincidence?

2. Geno. Also ranking very high, especially in Japanese polls. It's possible that Geno may make a surprise return in a Mario context. Just before E3, a SE executive said: "There are several other titles that we're currently working on for Switch. If you could just wait a bit longer, we'll work with Nintendo and announce them in the future." He also said in the same interview: "Square Enix has decided that it wants to focus on original titles for the Switch." Thus, one of their original titles for Switch, TBA very soon, may have Geno.

3. Phoenix Wright. No idea where he ranked (not that high), but the director of Ace Attorney said that two titles were planned for Switch in 2018: one trilogy port, and one original exclusive. For those in the know, these titles were significantly missing in action last E3. Thus they can be expected to be announced very soon; and what a great opportunity to show him in Smash.

That's all I have.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's just a cool Metal for Peach fans. Just like Baby Daisy is a cute baby for Daisy fans. A lot of people actually like these characters because they have love for the original and they think Baby Mario characters are cute.

It's just a Mario Kart game.
That makes a bit more sense

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
We calling this new leak "Ultimate Wish list?" Because that's what we should be calling it. It's just a wish list.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That makes a bit more sense
I mean just look at all the fan art online for Mario characters that people wish there were baby versions of. It's surprisingly popular.

I don't know why, but when I was a kid, Baby Mario, Donkey Kong Jr, and Koopa Kid were some of my favorite video game characters. I just really like tiny versions of characters.

I wish Donkey Kong Jr would return for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just watch, we are going to have mineral-based echoes of all the characters.

Green Emerald Luigi
Tropical Topaz Donkey Kong
Dragon Jade Yoshi
Cool Sapphire Marth
Rose Quartz Zelda
Red Ruby Pokémon Trainer
Dark Onyx Meta-knight
Deep Silver Corrin
Lapis Lazuli Lucario
ROB

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Green Emerald Luigi
Dragon Jade Yoshi
Cool Sapphire Marth
Rose Quartz Zelda
Red Ruby Pokémon Trainer
Dark Onyx Meta-knight
Deep Silver Corrin
Lapis Lazuli Lucario
ROB
Yeah, I don't know why people can just claim they have a leak and expect people to believe it, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
This isn't really a leak, but it's an interesting post nonetheless. Your thoughts?
I cracked the code. This is what you can expect both from Smash and from Switch.

Remember the Splatoon announcement? Nintendo's gonna try that again for the following new characters: have them show up in a direct as it pertains to their own game, then show them in the context of Smash. This means that every Smash character will go together with another game announcement.

In order to pull this off, Nintendo had to refrain from showing its cards last E3.

1. Captain K. Rool. Within unofficial polls conducted around the world (both in English and in Japanese) he consistently finds a spot in the top 3. Meanwhile we haven't heard anything from Retro Studio's new project, even though they should be ready to show something. Coincidence?

2. Geno. Also ranking very high, especially in Japanese polls. It's possible that Geno may make a surprise return in a Mario context. Just before E3, a SE executive said: "There are several other titles that we're currently working on for Switch. If you could just wait a bit longer, we'll work with Nintendo and announce them in the future." He also said in the same interview: "Square Enix has decided that it wants to focus on original titles for the Switch." Thus, one of their original titles for Switch, TBA very soon, may have Geno.

3. Phoenix Wright. No idea where he ranked (not that high), but the director of Ace Attorney said that two titles were planned for Switch in 2018: one trilogy port, and one original exclusive. For those in the know, these titles were significantly missing in action last E3. Thus they can be expected to be announced very soon; and what a great opportunity to show him in Smash.

That's all I have.
uh... so about that retro studios...

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
New "leak." This one's a doozie.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423147978
July:
>Dixie Kong
>King K. Rool
>Simon Belmont

August:
>Ashley
>Shadow the Hedgehog
>Banjo and Kazooie

September:
>Spyro
>Crash Bandicoot
>Reimu

October:
>Geno
>Dry Bowser
>Ninten

November:
>Miles Tails Prower
>Dark Samus
>Metal Sonic

December:
>Springman
>Mametchi
>Pink Gold Peach

DLC Fighters:
>Waluigi
>Bomberman
>Amy Rose
>Agumon
>Me if this roster is real
Also not one Pokemon...

OKAY FAM
I was gunna say something if someone didn't...even with dlc 4 Sonic newcomers but no Pokemon?! And there was like what, 60 newcomers in that "leak" lol

That's all I have.
The fact that Ridley didn't have one of these (when the potential for a Metroid Prime 4 one exists) pretty much deconfirms this and any future trailers like that for me.

I said it then and I'll say it again, the initial Inkling trailer only worked because none of us imagined Smash was coming. Now every high def cgi trailer is gunna be "is this smash?!" and it wouldn't have the same effect. Nah defintely expecting the new opening (with the white cross on the black instead of the flames from 4) for every trailer.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman

Green Emerald Luigi
Dragon Jade Yoshi
Cool Sapphire Marth
Rose Quartz Zelda
Red Ruby Pokémon Trainer
Dark Onyx Meta-knight
Deep Silver Corrin
Lapis Lazuli Lucario
ROB
Steven Universe confirmed for Smash Ultimate.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I should probably make a list of "things to be fishy for in leaks" but the main thing I'll tell you all: if a leak contains explinations for stuff, it's probably garbo. Typically most of the real leaks we've got are simple stuff just saying "yeah, thihs is who's in".

Granted, I remember Brawl being a little more complex than that, but yeah.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So, just a random question for all.. since we all love these.

Name 5 characters you want, and name 5 characters you think are likely. And name a reason why you think those characters are likely.
King k rool
Ashley
Geno
Viridi
Bandanna dee

First off It looks like the ballot will be focusing on ultimate roster characters by what I'm seeing but probably a couple of acceptions with types of ritual characters (for example like Mario rep, Pokémon rep, retro/wtf rep) so let's get started
(Color coded so you can tell which telling is for who)

King k rool - there's just too much going for him at this point but not shoe in level, the costume shows sakurai knows about him and is probably a constellation prize for getting very high votes and probably is most voted for overall. Before you do the bayonetta arguement sorry that trick doesn't work anymore (they somewhat lied about bayonetta she was added two weeks after the ballot started) so the fan version were indeed somewhat accurate to probably how it went on the ballot (still don't know how it went down though) and how ultimate is shaping up they are focusing on the fans For this one, I mean :ultdaisy:, ganondorf uses a sword, Kirby and wario have their original, everyone I see back most particularly :ultsnake: since he's fan demand, almost all stages return, hazards can be turned off, and the biggest evidence of fan focused is :ultridley::ultridley::ultridley: the most request character in the west he even outright said he did it because of fan request/demand I think king k rool will simply get in the same way Ridley did basicly.
(Fun fact did you know king k rool got trademark not too long after the costume.)

Geno - sakurai actually came clean he literally wants geno playable in smash bros the costume in smash Wii U was the closet he got, square enix owns him and that who owns :ultcloud: and the ballot probably helped him a lot and seems each company can get two third partie characters atleast (:ultsonic::ultbayonetta:) and (:ultryu::ultmegaman:) and square enix is cooperation and being nicer to Nintendo recently and ofcoarse last time it was the ending sakurai got square enix involved now it's the beginning so had more time to convince them.

Bandana dee - there was a amiibo data dig with dee involved (not smash) just like daisy and and bandana dee is japans possibly second most wanted character also the last main Kirby character left to join and some fans very cleverly pointed out in in the masked dedede fight I. The orginal game bandanna dee was watching the fight and in the final smash he's missing and also proven the arena is pointed the correct direct to see bandanna dee in the audience.

Ashley - Japan really wants her playable so ballot ofcoarse and she's gotten so much advertisement of stuff it's almost as if she is a main character of a series, moveset potential is really high, so far no assist trophy spotting, she also did get a costume in the final costume pack dlc definatly During the ballot so constellation prize theory, the biggest thing is wario ware gold can't talk about amiibo use yet and it's almost out that smells like Ashley gets a amiibo.

Mach rider - note: this is just the guess of the retro/wtf rep since this ritual started in melee. anyway this character is definitely underrated as a Potential newcomer easily he or she(arcade game) ben referenced a lot in lots of other Nintendo games most paticually is the same motorcycle is usable in a Mario kart game and in super smash bros we gotten trophies and since melee the theme song has ben in every smash game (as a matter of fact big blue is the stage that had it.) but the most interesting is that sakurai considered Mach rider for melee, he might be revisiting old ideas from previous smash titles because he considered sukopon as a item in melee today sukopon is a assist trophy, but most particularly evidence is this.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...oy_purchase_is_related_to_his_current_project
The toy purchased for a project and smash was under development around the time he got it, he said he wanted the gun from it for visual reference and if you compare the gun from the Vifam figurine and Mach riders gun he's hold before he/she hopes on the bike they look pretty gosh darn close to the same (as a matter of fact the robot even looks like Mach rider as well)

But this could be anybody, I mean I could be excite biker, it could be lip, heck maybe even Hanafuda deck box or whatever.

That's my thoughts anyway

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Sakurai: I hope you don't expect too many newcomers
Leak: Here's 18 more for the base game in addition to the 3 we already have revealed

Not even trying.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I doubt anyone wants Pink Gold Peach.
I stopped even reading after Banjo.

Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, Ashley, Shadow the Hedgehog, Banjo and Kazooie, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot... We're not gonna get even half of those. And they have even more listed!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Another "leak." Kinda boring, but worth noting.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423164282
Not a character leak, but hey, this is just something I've heard. Assist Trophies and stuff, otherwise known as "**** You Don't Care About If You Turn Items Off."

Ashley is still an Assist.
Isaac's Assist was brought back from Brawl.

Rambi is a new Donkey Kong Assist. Acts like Gogoat mixed with Keldeo, almost, where you can ride him around but he'll swing his horn up to launch people.

Reinhardt is a new Fire Emblem Assist. He was added a bit later on due to his popularity in Heroes, from what I've heard. He rides in on horseback blasting people with electricity.

Midbus is also an Assist. The source didn't elaborate on what he did.

Not Assists, but I also know that two of the new Pokémon from Poké Balls are Comfey and Mimikyu.

RIP Ashley and Isaac fans, but Reinhardt as an assist trophy would be hilarious.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Pink Gold Peach's inclusion makes sense: there's a heavier version of Mario, and a lighter version of both Peach and Mario. I'm so glad they added PGP because I love playing as heavyweight characters, but I also like to play as Peach - a middleweight. With Pink Gold Peach, I get both.

Everyone complains about her because she stole a slot from Funky or Petey or whoever, but like the clones in Smash 4, she was a quick model swap that took little to no effort to make. She was either going to be there or wasn't and there'd be no one to fill that void.

If anything, you all need to blame the Koopalings since that's seven slots they took up, rather than two-five with the metals and/or babies.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Not a character leak, but hey, this is just something I've heard. Assist Trophies and stuff, otherwise known as "**** You Don't Care About If You Turn Items Off."

Rambi is a new Donkey Kong Assist. Acts like Gogoat mixed with Keldeo, almost, where you can ride him around but he'll swing his horn up to launch people.

Reinhardt is a new Fire Emblem Assist. He was added a bit later on due to his popularity in Heroes, from what I've heard. He rides in on horseback blasting people with electricity.

Not Assists, but I also know that two of the new Pokémon from Poké Balls are Comfey and Mimikyu.

RIP Ashley and Isaac fans, but Reinhardt as an assist trophy would be hilarious.
You are actually the guy to go to with leaks xD

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Didn't the retro/wtf character addition start with SSB64, not Melee? I thought Captain Falcon would definitely fit that category. I guess he was more recent, but still...Not someone expected in a game for "Nintendo All Stars", right?

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what the chances are of a paid Nintendo or Nintendo-Affiliated marketing employee making fake leaks to bury real leaks?

Zeox

Smash Champion

Usually, the boring ones are the closer to the truth, I rather have these fake leaks that the ones that screams "Your favorite character is in it! and yours! and yours! and everyone's favorites!! even waluigi is in it too!"
because those leaks are everywhere and they are always the same, at least a leak talking about assist trophies is more original.

Untouch

Smash Master
Part of me just wants nintendo to just one day release smash bros without an announcement prior so we don't have to deal with these """leaks""".
Also what the hell series is supposed to rhyme with "board game".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

lol thanks Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa made me do it.

haha, Just kidding. Super excited about it-- appreciate the congrats. :)
Glad to hear you are excited for it!
Scribe and I have been making a lot of adjustments to the writing team. You've probably noticed them around. Our team rocks. :ultridley:
I have noticed your team quite for a while. Looks nice!
So do you write stuff for SmashBoards?
Sakurai: I hope you don't expect too many newcomers
Leak: Here's 18 more for the base game in addition to the 3 we already have revealed

Not even trying.

There was only one good leak, and that was the one with Ridley and the all characters and Simon one.
All the other leaks were either mediocre or just bad.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
So do you write stuff for SmashBoards?
hi.

We also recently axed a few people and recruited like, a dozen new people. Among all of us, we're now at about 24 people. Granted, some of these members are more silent, for example we have three graphics people who just work on graphics (we're working on more) and one editor who doesn't post articles.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I feel like Wario could've had a much more unique moveset, like maybe using some stuff from his Minigames? Like his forward tilt could be the push mini game?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I almost want this to be real just for Rambi and Reinhardt.

D

Deleted member

hi.

We also recently axed a few people and recruited like, a dozen new people. Among all of us, we're now at about 24 people. Granted, some of these members are more silent, for example we have three graphics people who just work on graphics (we're working on more) and one editor who doesn't post articles.
You have a lot of jobs!
Also you look nice with that guitar.

Can you play mayonnaise for me please because mayonnaise is an instrument. Horse radish is an instrument as well if you do not like mayonnaise.
Usually, the boring ones are the closer to the truth, I rather have these fake leaks that the ones that screams "Your favorite character is in it! and yours! and yours! and everyone's favorites!! even waluigi is in it too!"
because those leaks are everywhere and they are always the same, at least a leak talking about assist trophies is more original.
Bad character leaks are funny to laugh at though.

Assist Trophy leaks is something you do not see that much, but they are not as interesting.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Real leaks are only gonna show up once everyone's tired of fake ones near the release of the game just like last time anyway.

Easier to go unnoticed and avoid risking your job.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Didn't the retro/wtf character addition start with SSB64, not Melee? I thought Captain Falcon would definitely fit that category. I guess he was more recent, but still...Not someone expected in a game for "Nintendo All Stars", right?
It was probably Samus and Ness.

The others had games on the N64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom