• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
i swear to god, i could make a fake leak and it would show up here and get multiple pages of discussion. are people really this desperate for information?
I wouldn't say desperate but yes, we're that bored. It's just fun to humor this stuff, even though we all know none of it is real.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
i swear to god, i could make a fake leak and it would show up here and get multiple pages of discussion. are people really this desperate for information?
Yes. Yes we are dude. :laugh:

Besides, at least it can sometimes give us stuff to talk about besides the usual topics being discussed.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say desperate but yes, we're that bored. It's just fun to humor this stuff, even though we all know none of it is real.

I'm pretty sure no one's actually buying this.
There's a new Air Ride City Trial remix on the blog
That's what I get for trusting people.

EDIT: NEVER MIND IT'S REAL I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE ON THE FRONT PAGE OHMYGOSH

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
There's a new Air Ride City Trial remix on the blog

I loved Kirby Air Ride when I was a kid, and this theme is an absolute banger. This Smash game is already shaping up to be the best Smash game in terms of music, which is exciting because Smash 4 was kind of disappointing when it came to music.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Ballot talk still going...won’t be let go of
This is the most interesting conversation since E3 so

Also, maybe instead of complaining about what everyone's talking about, you could propose something that you'd like to talk about?

Anyways, June flew by stupidly fast-- I hope we get some new stuff soon on the Blog! I feel like with the addition of every past veteran, there's a lot less to talk about this time around.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, actually, I have thoughts on this.

Most people don't feel super passionately about any one character. Fewer people still actually have that big a working knowledge of Nintendo's catalog of characters. Especially kids.

But what characters will these people know about? The ones that already have roles in the game.

Just think back to all the Brawl fan rosters. 90% of them were all based on whichever characters got trophies in Melee. People are STILL talking about Ayumi Tachibana to this day.

Don't underestimate the effect having an existing role in the game probably had on the ballot.
Case in point, how every post-Brawl pre-Return to Dreamland Smash 4 fan roster had Knuckle Joe on it despite him being a generic enemy.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Tbh, I'm just glad more people have been talking about Porky (And more earthbound stuff in general) after the imgur "leak" came out before e3. Yeah, it was fake, but it allowed us to speculate on certain characters that were not frequently discussed beforehand.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, about these leaks, I don't necessarily believe the leaks to begin with, but not only do they give us something to talk about while we are waiting for news, but I read these leaks for "entertainment purposes", personally. I don't really read them to see who is in the game or not.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
There's really nothing to talk about. Unless we want to re-tread the age old debates of Echo fighters, series representation, or even...Dora the Explorer.

There haven't even been any "leaks" minus the Fire Emblem one from last night. Almost two days without a real "leak." Why can't we have them evenly spaced out, so I have like one "leak" a day instead of five in one evening?

Right as I said that I found one. Discusses the supposed Ballot results.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422942597
Going to be transparent because of all the hate generated lately - below are the combined Japan EU and NA results. Does not include characters already playable as of Smash Wii U/3DS​
1. Ridley (4,743,455) - playable​
2. King K. Rool (4,644,900)​
3. Geno (3,854,112)​
4. Banjo-Kazooie (3,812,777)​
5. Lip (2,998,737)​
6. Bomberman (2,812,121) - AT​
7. Sora (2,808,654)​
8. Waluigi (2,533,312) - AT​
9. Blaziken (2,532,980)​
10. Ashley (2,184,333)​
44% of votes cast were from NA. 31% were from JPN. 18% were from the EU. 5% were N/A or "Other Region". Bayonetta placed 8th overall, was not included in the above list as she is currently playable. Shrek and Goku each received a little under 2 million votes. Harambe the dead gorilla received 400,000 votes. Any actual video game character under 1 million votes was automatically blanked out from the pivot table and were disregarded - this includes Bandana Waddle Dee (212,483 votes), Mach Rider (345,555 votes), and Cooking Mama (105,300 votes)​

It's probably fake, but Sora in the Top 10 is hype AF. If he gets into the base roster I will cry. K. Rool, Geno, Lip, Ashley, and Banjo-Kazooie round out a a near perfect roster in my opinion.
The leak is 100% fake. And the reason why... Harambe the Gorilla. He died in 2016 and for 400,000 votes according to the source, despite the ballot ending in December of 2015.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
I never realized how badly I want a City Trial stage until this moment, that would be phenomenal.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The leak is 100% fake. And the reason why... Harambe the Gorilla. He died in 2016 and for 400,000 votes according to the source, despite the ballot ending in December of 2015.
It was in October. But yeah, it screams FAKE.

Was there any character art for Ridley and Inklings, I think we might not have any this time.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Case in point, how every post-Brawl pre-Return to Dreamland Smash 4 fan roster had Knuckle Joe on it despite him being a generic enemy.
Though at least actually having a one-off but cool role in the anime probably helped too.

But yeah, bigger roles among various things, and not just games, get people talking.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Okay, hear me out! This City Trial music doesn't play in a stage, it plays in a brand new Smash Run mode! Would this not just be the perfect theme for Smash Run given it's inspiration from City Trial!

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay, hear me out! This City Trial music doesn't play in a stage, it plays in a brand new Smash Run mode! Would this not just be the perfect theme for Smash Run given it's inspiration from City Trial!
Don't make me more excited. I shouldn't get my hopes up.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice

I forget, did Smash Run have a music selector too? Or was it some generic song?

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
A small little game.

Pick a character and state which artist would draw the character art for them.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

I forget, did Smash Run have a music selector too? Or was it some generic song?
You got a selection of multiple themes, including a track from Kirby's Air Ride called "The Legendary Air Ride Machine."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
maybe instead of complaining about what everyone's talking about, you could propose something that you'd like to talk about?
Now that could happen...but it’ll be overshadowed or end up leading back to the big topic of the moment (we’ve been through it with Ridley talk, then Waluigi talk, now its ballot talk)...so that recommendation is not really helpful until it’s done with
This was drawn for the Inklings, but we haven't gotten anything for Ridley as far as I know.
Still beautiful

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
And if it's Great Cave Offensive?
You know what would save Great Cave Offensive? Bosses. Having a random GCO boss show up in a random part of the stage, and whoever kills it gets a substantial reward (not just an explosion)? That would make the stage a million times better.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
You know what would save Great Cave Offensive? Bosses. Having a random GCO boss show up in a random part of the stage, and whoever kills it gets a substantial reward (not just an explosion)? That would make the stage a million times better.
You want to know what would make the Great Cave Offensive even better?

Battlefield/Omega Mode :troll:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
And if it's Great Cave Offensive?
Then we've been cursed.

Realistically, Omega and Battlefield versions of stages exist, so I'll just use those.

But please be on Dreamland 64 so I can play Smash on a good stage and listen to the song.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So let's see what we can say for each character mentioned here, if this is legit.

Ridley: In.
K. Rool: Not Yet Seen
Geno: Not Yet Seen
Waluigi: Consolation Assist Trophy
Sora: 3rd party, not yet seen or shot down

Banjo-Kazooie: 3rd party, not yet seen or shot down
Bomber-Man: 3rd Party, Assist Trophy
Blaziken: Not yet seen, not expected at all.

Ashley: Not Yet Seen
Lip: Not yet seen, stick MIA too
Saki: Not yet seen
Takamaru: Assist trophy.

So that's a potential pool of 5 Nintendo characters, 2 3rd party characters and a Geno.

Guess Blaziken shouldn't be too surprising, it was shown off next to Lucario in Pokken's intial teaser. Now let's watch it's support thread catch alight.
K Rool, Geno, Ashley, and Saki all seem pretty likely to me.

I could see Lip as our retro rep.

Blaziken would be a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

And Banjo would be amazing. Not sure about Sora though. He would be cool, but don’t know how likely

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A small little game.

Pick a character and state which artist would draw the character art for them.
Another great reason to put Celica in: Hidari doing art for Smash.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Then we've been cursed.

Realistically, Omega and Battlefield versions of stages exist, so I'll just use those.

But please be on Dreamland 64 so I can play Smash on a good stage and listen to the song.
I feel like the song would fit well on Green Greens, but maybe that's just me.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
CITY TRIAL!!! YES!

Don't care if it ends up on Great Cave Offensive, this track is in the game and that alone makes me very happy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom