• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Now, maybe if we had Alph as a semi clone, Olimar could have Pikmin Chain again while Winged Pikmin is given to Alph along with Rock Pikmin...
I would like exactly this. There's more than enough of a basis for making them mechanically distinct, and the way the moveset is designed, it could be kept very visually similar but still have meaningful changes.
And Pikmin 3 was well-received and 4 is reportedly in the works, so there will only be more of a basis for having different characters.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Seeing other people want OOA Impa in Smash makes me pretty happy, I actually have a Mii Fighter based on that design of hers.

I'm thinking of making one based on her Old Design.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I doubt this will happen, but imagine if Sakurai added light and heavy inputs like Ryu's for every character.

Hnnnnggggg..... :4ryu:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not a fan of gimping Olimar's recovery as a poor excuse to make Alph into a "unique" clone.

Nor am I a fan of limiting either of them to certain Pikmin types, Olimar can and should be able to use all of the Pikmin.

In Japan, the character is Pikmin and Olimar, the Pikmin are the focus of the character, splitting them up is a terrible idea. Alph has no real reason to be a clone, he fulfills the same function as Olimar and the rest of the captains in Pikmin. If anything, all of the captains should be alts of Olimar just like the Koopalings to Jr.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Ganon was a Moblin first in design. Since Zelda 1. He's not a literal Moblin, technically speaking, but it's still the most accurate description, as "Pig Ganon" has been able to refer to the one in TP, who isn't bipedal and very different. Often is referred to as a Besst Ganon due to having no bipedal properties(and due to an error in the US TP game. Beast Ganon didn't properly exist as a name till Ganon's form in BOTW). Likewise, due to this factor, one could argue that Pig Ganon also refers to Puppet Ganon's first form, which just makes it too vague of a term.

Even some comics makes him look exactly like a traditional Moblin in his regular form.

Legitimately hope you have fun~
I really appreciate that:) It's always nice after things like this to know there are no hard feelings. I actually enjoyed our debate:)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I really appreciate that:) It's always nice after things like this to know there are no hard feelings. I actually enjoyed our debate:)
Same. Are you already back? Did you have fun?

I know I'm going to a wedding in about two months, for my sister and her husband. It's more just the after-wedding party/just doing the extra stuff. They married earlier on, but the flashy stuff is fun.

BTW, did you see my Impa moveset idea up above? I don't know your opinion of the character, but it was fun to make(based upon the Oracle design).

D

Deleted member

I doubt this will happen, but imagine if Sakurai added light and heavy inputs like Ryu's for every character.

Hnnnnggggg..... :4ryu:
Well, that would make the game's learning curve a bit more harder and it would make things more competitive basically. It would become more close to Street Fighter.
That is my theory.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
I think they should add Rock Pikmin in Olimar's/Alph's Moveset as a rare-appearing Pikmin (kind of like when Peach pulls a mega strong Vegetable off, or when Mr. G&W gets a 9 in Judge). It could work the way Bonsly did in Brawl (when you throw it, it doesn't travel that far, but when it hits someone, it's almost a one-hit KO)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think they should add Rock Pikmin in Olimar's/Alph's Moveset as a rare-appearing Pikmin (kind of like when Peach pulls a mega strong Vegetable off, or when Mr. G&W gets a 9 in Judge). It could work the way Bonsly did in Brawl (when you throw it, it doesn't travel that far, but when it hits someone, it's almost a one-hit KO)
It would've been neat if they existed, but besides making an all new model, they need to make sure it has unique properties from Purple Pikmin to justify creating an all new model and proper animations.

Though if it was more of a case of just giving Alph the Rock Pikmin alone while the rest is the same(just with minor tweaks to the stats), it'd be enough incentive to do so. Just doing it for the sake of another one when there's already enough good Pikmin options seem superfluous.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Not that this is entirely relevant, but I find that really the only reason people are salty about particular characters being in Smash, deep down, is because it’s not the one they wanted.

I mean, that’s more or less the truth. When I first saw Corrin, I will admit that I wasn’t happy. But then I actually, you know, played the character, and find her very enjoyable. Corrin has found herself as a headline Fire Emblem mascot with Chrom, Lucina, Xander, and Ryoma, and on a gameplay level for Smash offers way more than any of them would.

I’m at a point with Smash that I kinda think that the whole “all-star” status, if it ever existed, no longer applies as much. There are all-stars in our current age of gaming. But if some of these characters we feel are all-stars were all-stars, then why haven’t they been added yet?

Also, if Corrin isn’t worthy to be in Smash, does that mean Greninja should go too? He was added before garnering millions of fans. He’s just about as much of an All-Star as Corrin, yet nobody talks **** about him. It’s ridiculous because of irrelevant reasons like, “Too much anime”, when literally all Pokémon characters have been in an anime.

I say this as a Greninja player as well. He’s probably my most played of Smash Wii U.

When people make that argument, it immediately helps me realize the argument isn’t based on anything other than opinion because Sakurai sure as hell doesn’t care about “anime” when thus far pretty much all characters come from Japan, otherwise known as the country anime comes from.
—-
I hope to be brief with my next thing, but I really just have to say this in regard to the argument that “everybody has equal opinions on what the roster should be”.

Everybody can have their own opinion. Certainly, people shouldn’t beat anybody down for having a different opinion, because that’s what makes discussion and debate so interesting...the exchange of different ideas. I myself have been convinced that some ideas might be cool, when I doubted them beforehand.

However, with the opinion that particular characters should be cut...I really wish some would reconsider. While you may not play the character or enjoy them, this game is not built for everyone to play every character. Removing X character doesn’t really mean your character of choice gets in. Removing said character doesn’t add anything for you, while it does detract from the experience for another player.

The reality is that cuts are a thing. To pretend otherwise is to live in a fantasy land (although I think there’s an opportunity this time to avoid them). But when somebody says a character should be cut because “I don’t like them” or “I don’t think they belong” you’re immediately creating a toxic situation. No, people will not just have thick skin. You’re targeting their favorite character in, potentially, their favorite game. To tell them to “learn to deal with it” is in line with “hey I talk **** to your face, don’t complain just deal with it”.

This community is based on this video game, and effectively combines a number of different fanbases. Just keep that in mind. Your favorite won’t get in from just cutting a choice that you may not like.
This is a very well worded post, but the approach you're taking to the situation is rubbing me the wrong way.

Some people, for one reason or another, just don't like certain characters. Perhaps they dislike their personalities, their designs, the games they originated from were disappointing, etc. It's understandable that those same people wouldn't want the constant presence of this object of ire in a game they otherwise adore. A little spot of mold on the delicious looking cake that Sakurai has prepared for us. It's not wrong of them to feel that way.

And while I agree that certain individuals need to take a hard look in the mirror as to how they're acting in regards to certain characters, you're portraying everyone who dislikes a characters inclusion to simply feel that way because THEIR character didn't get in instead. That this is "the only real reason they could have." That they expect people to just have thick skin, to deal with their opposing opinions. And that's simply not fair.

There are characters I actively do not want to return, as well as newcomers that I would genuinely pay money to keep out of the game. Not because I want other characters in their place, but because I dislike the characters themselves, or I do not find their concepts interesting. I'm not going to shy away from expressing that dissenting opinion, as disliking something is a rather unpleasant feeling, and one that I'd like for people to change. To give counterarguments, perhaps help me see things from another perspective? As long as that disagreement is done respectfully, the only reason it would become a toxic situation is if the supporters have an irrational emotional reaction to seeing somebody disagree with something they want. If they do that, they should absolutely have thicker skin, because that's ridiculous.

I say this as a DIEHARD Ridley supporter from the 3DS/Wii U era that would spit fire at anybody who dared think my favorite space dragon shouldn't be playable. I was a teenage idiot back then, I figured that since I liked something, everybody else should too. The people that disagreed with me were fully justified in doing so, but I didn't respect them because my preferences were facts to me, and anything that went against them were objectively wrong. Which is obviously dumb.

TL;DR:
People like this exist on both sides, and they are equally terrible. It's important to scold the outliers, not the opposition.

Apologies if this comes across as hostile, clearly this post was made to make these forums a better place. It's just that there's a lot of people that treat disagreements like they're evil, and I cannot stand them. Felt like there was an important distinction that needed to be made.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I'm not a fan of gimping Olimar's recovery as a poor excuse to make Alph into a "unique" clone.

Nor am I a fan of limiting either of them to certain Pikmin types, Olimar can and should be able to use all of the Pikmin.

In Japan, the character is Pikmin and Olimar, the Pikmin are the focus of the character, splitting them up is a terrible idea. Alph has no real reason to be a clone, he fulfills the same function as Olimar and the rest of the captains in Pikmin. If anything, all of the captains should be alts of Olimar just like the Koopalings to Jr.
There's no reason for the same character to have both Rock Pikmin and Purple Pikmin. 5 types in the normal lineup is enough, having 7 would be crowded and awkward. I don't necessarily want to gimp Olimar's recovery, but remember I said that I'd want Chain to be fixed if it was reimplemented, not just c/p'd from Brawl. There's still something to be said for Chain if it actually works because it encourages keeping rather than discarding Pikmin, letting you act more effectively from ledge without needing to re-pluck Pikmin.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It would've been neat if they existed, but besides making an all new model, they need to make sure it has unique properties from Purple Pikmin to justify creating an all new model and proper animations.

Though if it was more of a case of just giving Alph the Rock Pikmin alone while the rest is the same(just with minor tweaks to the stats), it'd be enough incentive to do so. Just doing it for the sake of another one when there's already enough good Pikmin options seem superfluous.
I say make it a slow, shield breaking projectile.

Dizzy fun for everyone.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There's no reason for the same character to have both Rock Pikmin and Purple Pikmin. 5 types in the normal lineup is enough, having 7 would be crowded and awkward. I don't necessarily want to gimp Olimar's recovery, but remember I said that I'd want Chain to be fixed if it was reimplemented, not just c/p'd from Brawl. There's still something to be said for Chain if it actually works because it encourages keeping rather than discarding Pikmin, letting you act more effectively from ledge without needing to re-pluck Pikmin.
The reason for one character having both Rock and Purple Pikmin is that the character is focused around Pikmin, they can have enough of a meaningful difference in Smash. Purples hit hard, but they could be made to stun like they did in the games proper, Rocks hit hard too, but could have shield breaking properties that mirror their ability to shatter objects. Seven wouldn't be crowded or awkward, besides the fact that Olimar could only have six in Brawl and three in Smash For, we don't know how many he'll have this time. Tether recoveries are janky and unreliable, if they could fix them, that'd be great, but as it stands, it was better to keep it as a secondary means of recovery rather than having a character who could only recover unreliably (besides, if Olimar stays at three Pikmin, chain would be ridiculously short). Though if anything, I'd much rather Olimar have his shiny new jetpack from Hey! Pikmin as his recovery and put Flying Pikmin in the lineup with the others.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Whew, a whole week to bang out a stage concept, and I've finally hit the goal posts! I'm quite proud of where I'm going. :smirk:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth You know what I mean. XD
I've spent many months on the image itself.

Everything else was done literally today(the platforms, hazards, music, enemies, etc.)

I think well on my feet. Or my butt, as I was in a chair. :p

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I've spent many months on the image itself.

Everything else was done literally today(the platforms, hazards, music, enemies, etc.)

I think well on my feet. Or my butt, as I was in a chair. :p
I started on Tuesday, and my immediacy pretty much threw my creative schedule out of whack! I'm a slow worker, but it looks like deadlines help me get serious. Clutch artistry in motion!

Well hey, I get to return to my Meta Knight character illustration project now. :awesome:

Post is being edited & finalized now. I have a feeling my entry is going to give everyone a spontaneous nosebleed. Like most thinks, I think I might've put a bit too much work into it than it called for.

Here's another hint: it looks like there's zero escape from this now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I started on Tuesday, and my immediacy pretty much threw my creative schedule out of whack! I'm a slow worker, but it looks like deadlines help me get serious. Clutch artistry in motion!

Well hey, I get to return to my Meta Knight character illustration project now. :awesome:

Post is being edited & finalized now. I have a feeling my entry is going to give everyone a spontaneous nosebleed. Like most thinks, I think I might've put a bit too much work into it than it called for.

Here's another hint: it looks like there's zero escape from this now.
To be clear, the only piece of the image I didn't have was the pirate ship. A bit of help from Aussie The Shinobi(she removed all the background from it so I could decently look at the model), a few changes, and voila.

Rest was vastly easier afterwards, since all the real work was done. XD

Can't wait to see your submission, mang.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
So I've been thinking about the Zelda champions. So when Sakurai was making the roster Zelda wasn't out yet. So, first off how would he know about them. Now lets say he got to play the game while it was in development. The vanilla version of BotW has less than 5 min of cut scenes with the champions. That's it. Why would Sakurai assume off of that that they would be popular and should be playable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So I've been thinking about the Zelda champions. So when Sakurai was making the roster Zelda wasn't out yet. So, first off how would he know about them. Now lets say he got to play the game while it was in development. The vanilla version of BotW has less than 5 min of cut scenes with the champions. That's it. Why would Sakurai assume off of that that they would be popular and should be playable.
Being easily popular isn't a requirement anyway. And he's very often shown beta content, so the chance of him knowing of them isn't really that small.

He has a lot more to look at. Moveset potential, how they could fit into Smash's visual settings, whether he thinks people will enjoy playing as them... it's not very simple at all.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Sakurai can pull another "Sheik/Zero Suit Samus" and introduce a character just to be cute with another established character's moveset regardless of relevancy or popularity.

Also there's no evidence that he won't bring back transformations

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
These are my Smash 5 predictions. If I'm not right about at least 18 of them, I'll, idk, give you 1million bucks Lol. Almost all of these things, are near GARUNTEED, imo. Unless of course they just make it a blatant sm4sh port and include that entire roster, but I think ppl would be severely disappointed at that, given Nintendos current marketing scheme regarding smash 5. So yeah! Here are my predictions d:

Exclusions (in order of likelihood):

-Dark pit

-Lucina

-Roy

-At least 1 Pokémon

-Shulk

-Toon Link

-Lucas

-Doctor Mario

Newcomers (in order of likelihood):

-Inklings

-Rex/pyra/mythra

-(3rd party)

-Ice climbers

-New Pokémon

-Waluigi

Reworks (in order of likelihood):

-Link

-Mario

-Gannon

-Zelda

Mechanic changes:

-Slight changes to rage

-Slightly more hitstun

-Slightly better/easier dash dancing and pivots

Game modes:

-Story mode

-Ranked mode

-more options than *FD only* in ranked

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Same. Are you already back? Did you have fun?

I know I'm going to a wedding in about two months, for my sister and her husband. It's more just the after-wedding party/just doing the extra stuff. They married earlier on, but the flashy stuff is fun.

BTW, did you see my Impa moveset idea up above? I don't know your opinion of the character, but it was fun to make(based upon the Oracle design).
It's still going, I just need occasional introvert moments, so I hide and check my phone. And it's been great, thanks for asking! And congrats on your sister:) I've always like the idea of Impa in smash Bros. She's practically a mainstay in Zelda even if it is in different forms, as evidenced by her prominence in Hyrule warriors (the only character from other games to be from the main timeline aside from the triforce trio). I'll definitely check out the movesets when I get the chance!

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Call me biased, but I am expecting more content from SEGA to appear in the next Smash game just because of a sheer amount of coincidences during 2016.
  • The company SEGA was restructured in 2016 with a new focus on a "global market", which is reflected in the company's higher priority in localizing miscellaneous titles.
  • The recently announced SEGA Ages on Switch was planned all the way back in 2016, with Masahiro Sakurai apparently being one of the people asking for those SEGA titles on consoles.
  • 2016 was the year of multiple anniversaries for SEGA IPs, such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Puyo Puyo, and Sakura Wars.
  • 2016 was when Smash development started. If Sonic and Bayonetta are coming back, at the bare minimum some involvement from SEGA would be needed for the sake of copyright.
  • It's possible someone like Hideki Kamiya may personally request for more SEGA content to Sakurai, similar to how in the past we got Snake as a personal request from Hideo Kojima.
Like I said, it's all oddly coincidental. I would normally not bring this up at all, but the bit about Sakurai and SEGA Ages along with the situation regarding to SEGA in general, is why I feel like it's worth considering. Which makes me think there might be a collaboration of some type involved, like say an entire series of Mii costumes, or music, maybe stages or a newcomer. Who knows.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It is all right. I am really looking forward to E3. Expect a lot of new characters.

I think a Pokemon and ARMS newcomer is likely.
On the contrary, I don't think E3 is where you reveal a Pokémon newcomer, and I still have doubts about ARMS being present in the base roster at all. We'll probably see a few big guns, but we're probably looking at July or August for a Decidueye or Lycanroc trailer or the like.

I dunno. Call it instinct, and my instincts are pretty hit and miss, which is why I try to find stuff to back them up so often.

I mean, as a concept, it was fine at the time, as not only was it the only feasable way Olimar could have a recovery, but it made sense in context, as he was literally using all of Pikimin available to conplete a single task, and rewarded players that mantain a good number of Pikmin alive.

Winged Pikmin, however, just made a whole lot more sense as a recovery, and was just more reliable in excecution, so from that point, I'd rather have the new recovery.

Now, maybe if we had Alph as a semi clone, Olimar could have Pikmin Chain again while Winged Pikmin is given to Alph along with Rock Pikmin...
Considering how flawed and easily exploited tether-only recoveries were in Brawl...I don't see them bringing the chain back.

Especially since if you didn't have a ledge to grab, you were done for.

Last edited:

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
Being easily popular isn't a requirement anyway. And he's very often shown beta content, so the chance of him knowing of them isn't really that small.

He has a lot more to look at. Moveset potential, how they could fit into Smash's visual settings, whether he thinks people will enjoy playing as them... it's not very simple at all.
He's also gone on record saying that he doesn't like to add final bosses because he's afraid that people don't make it all the way to the end of the game so they wont be recognizable. I don't get why 5 mins of cut scenes seriously gets peoples hopes up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He's also gone on record saying that he doesn't like to add final bosses because he's afraid that people don't make it all the way to the end of the game so they wont be recognizable. I don't get why 5 mins of cut scenes seriously gets peoples hopes up.
They aren't final bosses. They're a big part of the game and some of the most notable in it. So it's not exactly a great analogy. Plus, Ganon, in this particular case, is something everybody can easily see really quickly on. They also clearly are far more part of the game than the demo shows, so I don't see the point in mentioning that.

However, you're missing the point being made; it's that if he sees the beta characters(not the demo, but drawings, and information on them) and finds something interesting, he will consider them and possibly put them in. Greninja being that popular wasn't something that Sakurai considered. It was his moveset potential that he saw right away.

Popularity isn't the end-all. It isn't even a very relevant thing he needs to outright look for when it comes to a character he's seeing before the game would be released. He can't gauge later popularity. What he can gauge is if he thinks he can make the character likable overall as a playable character. That's far more important than straight popularity.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Call me biased, but I am expecting more content from SEGA to appear in the next Smash game just because of a sheer amount of coincidences during 2016.
  • The company SEGA was restructured in 2016 with a new focus on a "global market", which is reflected in the company's higher priority in localizing miscellaneous titles.
  • The recently announced SEGA Ages on Switch was planned all the way back in 2016, with Masahiro Sakurai apparently being one of the people asking for those SEGA titles on consoles.
  • 2016 was the year of multiple anniversaries for SEGA IPs, such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Puyo Puyo, and Sakura Wars.
  • 2016 was when Smash development started. If Sonic and Bayonetta are coming back, at the bare minimum some involvement from SEGA would be needed for the sake of copyright.
  • It's possible someone like Hideki Kamiya may personally request for more SEGA content to Sakurai, similar to how in the past we got Snake as a personal request from Hideo Kojima.
Like I said, it's all oddly coincidental. I would normally not bring this up at all, but the bit about Sakurai and SEGA Ages along with the situation regarding to SEGA in general, is why I feel like it's worth considering. Which makes me think there might be a collaboration of some type involved, like say an entire series of Mii costumes, or music, maybe stages or a newcomer. Who knows.
Yea I feel like alot of ppl are sleeping on another sega character

Space Harrier or Opa Opa repping sega iconic arcade history seem possible

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Because I don't like Rex...that's literally it. Popularity isn't a factor if he were to be chosen before he was even revealed, and a big part of his popularity just comes from being the most recent protagonist, if another xenoblade game came out tomorrow people would hop on that bandwagon instead.

And I would prefer Elma as I like her more as a character and feel she would make a significantly more interesting character.

It's just personal preference sis.
I'm not saying that Rex is the best Xenoblade character or anything, but he is the main protagonist of the best selling Xenoblade game... sure popularity doesn't matter that much when it comes to his chances, that's why I still say Elma has a larger chance.

But imagine if she was revealed, I am confident to say people wouldn't be that hype compare to Rex being announced in Smash.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm not saying that Rex is the best Xenoblade character or anything, but he is the main protagonist of the best selling Xenoblade game... sure popularity doesn't matter that much when it comes to his chances, that's why I still say Elma has a larger chance.

But imagine if she was revealed, I am confident to say people wouldn't be that hype compare to Rex being announced in Smash.
I understand what you mean, as it stands rex is more popular but I feel the vast majority of people wouldn't really care either way, people "wanted" chrom because he was the latest protagonist and I feel a lot of Rex's supporters are the same. Neither Rex or Elma would really generate that much hype to begin with since they're still pretty niche characters from a niche franchise. And still when rex would've been chosen no one knew about him anyway.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Considering how flawed and easily exploited tether-only recoveries were in Brawl...I don't see them bringing the chain back.

Especially since if you didn't have a ledge to grab, you were done for.
Reminder that:
  1. Ledge grab mechanics have changed for the better in Smash 4, meaning tether recoveries aren't absolute garbage this time, and I doubt they'd reverse it for the next game.
  2. As Moped said, if the issue with tether is that they're jank, then they can adjust them so they're less so. The solution to fixing a broken mechanic isn't always just to scrap it altogether, sometimes all you need to do is... fix what is broke.
I'm not saying that they will, or necessarily should, give Olimar his old recovery back, or any tether exclusive recovery, but if they do, the new ledge mechanics and a little bit of ironing out can make it much more reliable than in Brawl.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Eh, Elma would be well-received enough I guess. It's just that she wouldn't be one of the more popular and hype-inducing newcomers if she were to be in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, I've got this idea running in my mind for a while now. What do you all think of a rival system like that of MvC and Playstation All-Stars?
I don't remember how they did it, but I do think it'd be neat to have them as an important enemy VS you in Classic Mode. Not how Wii U did it, but more that they're the near final enemy, possibly right after the "Last Team Battle"(which is sometimes the unique Fighting Team) but definitely before Master Hand.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Hey guys, I decided to make a prediction roster for the sake of making a prediction roster, plus those always spark fun conversations. Here it is:

Most of my choices are pretty standard, to be honest. 68 characters plus the Mii fighters for 71 characters. All the veterans from Smash for Wii U/3DS return and there are 11 newcomers (plus the return of the Ice Climbers).

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hey guys, I decided to make a prediction roster for the sake of making a prediction roster, plus those always spark fun conversations. Here it is:

Most of my choices are pretty standard, to be honest. 68 characters plus the Mii fighters for 71 characters. All the veterans from Smash for Wii U/3DS return and there are 11 newcomers (plus the return of the Ice Climbers).
Pyra without Rex is not going to happen, that I am sure of.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

2 pokemon newcomers might be a little out there but not completely unrealistic, 8 completely unique characters is a little much tho, not even mario has that here. Pyra without Rex though? They're kind of a package deal.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I understand what you mean, as it stands rex is more popular but I feel the vast majority of people wouldn't really care either way, people "wanted" chrom because he was the latest protagonist and I feel a lot of Rex's supporters are the same. Neither Rex or Elma would really generate that much hype to begin with since they're still pretty niche characters from a niche franchise. And still when rex would've been chosen no one knew about him anyway.
Well, maybe people just predict certain characters to be in the game given the set of circumstances (relevancy, popularity, etc), even if they don't particularly like or want the character, so they "support" them just so that they get used to the idea of them being playable, and maybe even getting to get a better idea of how they may be realized in Smash.

I know, it's pretty much bandwagoning, but hey, if something seems like it's bound to happen, it only makes sense to be prepared for the seemingly inevitable.

Little Mac, Pac Man and Shulk were that for me. Characters I didn't particularly cared to see in Smash, but expected to see. So I did my research, looked what actual fans of those characters thought of them and expected them to work like, and I would be a little more invested in the character, making their "inevitable" reveal all the more pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom