• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is peak Smash Bros. speculation. You highly underestimate how long people will discuss silhouettes. Keep in mind this is the same community that took nearly every Pic of the Day as a hint to upcoming content.

I still get flashbacks to staying up all night to see the Pic, and discussing how Sakurai discussing how size isn't important on the Nintendogs stage meant Ridley was a shoo-in. Or that Pyropshere meant Ridley was a shoo-in. Or that the hint in the April Direct showing that there'd be more stage bosses, showing Ridley's shadow follow Pikachu, meant Ridley was a shoo-in Basically, a lot of Ridley being a shoo-in.

That was fun. :4pacman:
I've been there and done that ever since Ridley was in the clouds in the SSE trailer, and I also took part of every single one of those moments you mentioned, so I do get that part of speculation. And honestly, it was fun, stupid yes, but still fun, I don't regret any of it no matter how ridiculous it was. For me Smash speculation dies when you begin to try and put shackles on people, just let everyone be crazy, this isn't anything serious at all, it's something for us to socialize over now and to laugh at later.

During Smash 4 speculation I thought that there were too many people who were afraid to dream in fear of being embarassed or being let down, so they kept on trying to take others' expectations down to their level, but then in the end we got a roster with Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Dog, and bloody Cloud, so what was the point of saying it was the safe way or no way? Even Dr. Mario returned for pete's sake. Compare that to the Brawl days where people vouched for every character under the sun, a really obscure character in Geno got an enormous fanbase for example, the largest out of any character who didn't get in, and sure he didn't get in, but the memory of his fans vouching so hard for him simply because they like him, and not because he was likely, is fantastic to have, and we now know that they even got Sakurai's attention.

I feel like people have finally gotten a bit looser again, probably because the Smash 4 DLC shattered all these stupid rules that were made up under the assumption that nothing new could ever happen again, so hopefully we'll get even more crazy memories to look back on.

Last edited:

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
:4mario: - Toad/Captain Toad, Daisy
:4dk: - Dixie Kong and/or King K. Rool
:4link: - 1 of the BOTW champions, Impa or Linkle
:4samus: - Sylux or Ridley (i have little to no hopes for Ridley tho)
:4kirby: - Bandana Dee
:4fox: - Slippy Toad (maybe)
:4pikachu: - Decidueye, Gen 8 pokemon (possibly DLC, ala like Corrin)
:4marth: - a FE Switch lord/avatar (possibly DLC)
:4villager: - Isabelle
:4shulk: - Rex (& Pyra)
Splatoon - Squid Sisters
:4falcon: - Black Shadow (maybe, maybe)
:4littlemac::4olimar::4wiifit: - Issac, Chorus Men, Spring Man, Laboman
:popo::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt: - Takamaru, Balloon Fighter or Sukapon

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Here's a fun exercise: For each of the main Nintendo universes in the game, pick a newcomer. Returning veterans don't count, I want someone that's a brand new playable character from each series. Keep it semi-likely, meaning dream picks are allowed, but they should have SOME chance, however small, of making it in.

I don't expect all these series to get newcomers, I'm just curious to see who's next on people's lists to get added into Smash from each universe.

Notes:
• I've excluded Third-Party for now, seeing as they've yet to ever get secondary reps, and I'm not sure it's likely
• I've grouped Duck Hunt, R.O.B., Game & Watch, and Ice Climbers into a "Retro" universe, since they don't even have more characters that could be added from their individual universes.
• Wii Fit also excluded due to lack of characters
I'm bored, why not:
:4mario: - Paper Mario
:4yoshi: - Kamek
:4wario2: - Mona
:4dk: - King K. Rool
:4gaw: - Mach Rider
:4littlemac: - Doc Louis
:4link: - Skull Kid
:4samus: - Ridley
:4pit: - Medusa
:4marth: - Ana
:4kirby: - Bandana Dee
:4fox: - Wolf
:4pikachu: - Scizor
:4ness: - Pokey
:4falcon: - Black Shadow
:4villager: - Tom Nook
:4olimar: - Alph
:4shulk: - Pyra

ArnoldPalmer

Smash Apprentice
I can totally see FE Hector coming to the game as our first Axe user, but Lyn idk about.
Maybe as a Lucina or marth alt, she's a pretty generic swordsman

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Despite failing in the RTC, Chrom is still the most wanted Awakening character and winner of this first poll. Frederick seems to be the most wanted character, while both LIssa and Cordelia were popular (albeit tied).

Next will be the second Awakening poll, with most characters being the three most popular children. Your choices are Owain, Severa, Inigo, and Olivia.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Huh.

I wonder how Dragon Quest Builders performed.

(enough to get a sequel I know but I mean in comparison to other Dragon Quest spin-offs)
Dragon Quest Builders is amazing! It just reminded me why Dragon Quest needs a playable character in Smash. It also reminded me how much fun I had with Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer.

I have Dragon Quest 4-9 on DS and 3DS and Dragon Quest Heroes on PS4 (my first PS4 game and I only have three PS4 games). I really like the series a lot.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
But here's the thing. Aside from Impa and Tingle, what other major character who's not already in Smash is likely to appear in future Zelda game? If we continue to go along with this "we already have all the Zelda characters we need" logic, then Sakurai might as well tell us that he's never going to add another Zelda character in Smash.

The Champions might not have much of a future in the Zelda series, but that doesn't mean they can't be in Smash because of it. I mean, just look at FE. All of the six FE characters in Smash made one or two appearances in the main series before they were banished to an eternity of spin-offs. How are they any different from Zelda characters? "Well, it's different because a lot of FE characters returned in the main game through DLC and amiibo." Yes, and many popular Zelda characters had costumes and equipment Link could wear in BotW. Isn't that the same, or does the character have to appear in-person before it meets the imaginary criteria we've made? "Heroes was very successful, and all of the old FE characters appear in it. I think they're more important than they used to be." And almost every popular Zelda character appeared in Hyrule Warriors. Again, that's not really different is it?

Honestly, both series are handled the same. With the exception of Link, Zelda, and sometimes Ganon, all the major characters from the Zelda games are used once before they're scrapped from the main series forever, just like FE's characters. Yet somehow, people have drawn the conclusion that the "new characters who won't ever be used again shouldn't be added in Smash" rule should only apply to Zelda.

If you're still not convinced, think of it this way. The newest Zelda character on the roster is Toon Link, who first appeared almost 15 years ago. The longer Sakurai waits on a Zelda character, the more awkward the roster is going look. Better he add someone now when we have a critically-received Zelda game as the newest entry in the series rather than later when we have a so-so title as the latest Zelda game.
Being blunt, I'm still in the boat that thinks we aren't more likely than not to get a Zelda newcomer in the next game.

I should make it clear that I'm not deeming the inclusion of the Champions as newcomers "impossible", but that they're still unlikely based on what we've seen happen in the past four games. That said, for the most part I cannot compare Fire Emblem and Zelda when it comes to Smash. With FE's protagonists constantly changing as new games release, I see FE's newcomers being more comparable to Pokemon newcomers. You get new, different characters with each new game, thus you have a new variety of characters to look at and choose from. They don't follow the exact same methods of being chosen, of course, but there are more similarities between FE and Pokemon than I can see between FE and LoZ. You do have good points in regards to the costumes and Warriors and Heroes, though. With this being a new Smash game, I fully believe that it's opening up another world of possibilities, assuming the game is not going to be a port. And if it's not, then I'm positive some conceptions and beliefs are going to be shattered and some additions will definitely go unprecedented, as others have been over the courses of speculation fans have gone through for previous Smash games. But based on what we have seen so far, Zelda is a franchise I think we should treat with caution. Although, the same can probably be said about speculation in general, Zelda is currently one of the IPs in Smash that stands out.

As for Toon Link, he was added for a special reason; Sakurai thinks it's important to have a young version of Link on the roster. His predecessor, actually named "Young Link" got in Melee for the same reason. On top of that, not unlike Sheik, they're both different incarnations of one of the series' main characters. Every fighter we've seen from Zelda so far has been either a main character or one variation of them. It's possible that Sakurai just thinks the series is fine as it is, or at least, was fine as of the previous Smash game. However, as I said before, this being a new Smash game, there are new possibilities for it. Perhaps BotW's massive success might influence Sakurai to take a closer look at it for newcomers, or maybe he really will feel that a new addition from the series is necessary after so long. I'm certainly open to new ideas, but I don't think anyone should get their hopes up too much for the Champions. They're more likely than Midna, Zant or Ghirahim were, I will admit that. But their addition would be largely unprecedented. Which wouldn't be a bad thing by any means, but is absolutely something that should be considered.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That's not really an argument. You don't know if they didn't wanna over do DLC or if they were saving Wolf for the next game because they knew they'd have to redesign him along with Fox & Falco because of Star Fox Zero. So there'd be no point in making him once just to have to make him from scratch again shortly after.

Just because they don't bring back every single veteran for DLC doesn't mean anything.

What are you talking about??? They look completely different now.

You do realize there was a new Star Fox game. Right?
For their smash models I don’t think they would need much to update them.

The base is more or less the same, it’s the duke of their look that would be different.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I've been working on a different exercise the last two days.
Trying to fill in this chart of 12 newcomers:

(3 characters that are new IPs to smash) - (Inklings now takes one slot)
(One retro character that could use a revival)
(One retro off the wall choice)
(One third Party character that has had cross over games with Nintendo)
(One third Party character that is linked to Nintendo and popular)
(One new Pokemon)
(4 characters from series already established in smash)

I still can't fill the list in...

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Real talk here!

I want to know something about Rhythm Heaven.

Would you prefer a Rhythm Heaven character to be in 3D, or a 2D?
Also, should it be a single character? Chorus Kids/Men 3 combinative, or something like Smashified's "Rhythm Troupe"?

Morbi

Scavenger
I want to play the game even if nobody reads it, I am just here to have fun anyways.

:4bowser:: Ooh, this one is extremely hard as it is basically a two way tie between Waluigi and Daisy. They are both my favorite character even if that defies the definition of the word. I am going with Daisy for the bobs and vegan. Smash could use more female representation.
:4sheik:: Definitely Ganon. Any one-off would tickle my fancy; however, if I am being vaguely realistic, Ganon just makes sense on top of the fact that I want to actually have the King of Darkness in the game in some capacity. Falcondorf, while... Endearing, is not quite what I had in mind. Use more than two moves from your game, homie!

:4jigglypuff:: Meowth, that's right. He is the true antagonist of Pokemon, he represents that cat and mouse antithesis that Pikachu sets up and with Rocket gear, he would probably be fun, too.

:4zss:: Ridley. Seriously, Sakurai. Just do it. His wings look weird? Fam, your face looks weird.

:4ness:: Paula, Ness stole from Paula in the same way that Pokemon stole from Earthbound. I just never realized it until I actually played it...

:4falcon:: Black Shadow. Going back to the whole Ganondorf crux, yeah, I am no detective; however, when I see a triangle and a triangle shaped hole, unlike our main main, I put the damned triangle in that hole. Not the square piece. And his theme is sick.

:4lucina:: Micaiah was my first favorite Fire Emblem character. She is just a dream because we are going to get a sword lord, which I never realized rhymed until now. Basically, she never got into Smash because spelling her name is a pain in the [redacted]. Oh, that one guy who likes Micaiah, what's up?

:4falco:: Krystal. Best Star Fox character once you remove Wolf from the equation. She saved herself from Star Fox Zero, how is that for talent?

:4dk:: Candy Kong, just because nobody wants her. Oh, and she has teh womanhood. The real reason is because I cannot decide between Funky and Cranky, so it is easier to just meet them in the middle.

:4littlemac:: Glass Joe as a version of Little Mac that has no ground game either. But... But, he always has KO punch.

:4darkpit:: Hades because he is basically just Medusa fused with Viridi anyway. And by that, I mean he is absolutely nothing like them. He is just evil and sassy. Good enough for me. [I want them all, that is why I included them even though they were irrelevant].

:4villagerf:: Isabelle, because she is inevitable. Oh, and adorable. So cute. Kawaii desu-ka!

:4wario:: Waluigi, because I missed him earlier.

:4yoshi:: Birdo, because I can.

If I missed anything, it is probably because it sucks. More than Birdo, that is. I clearly went out of my way for Birdo and therefore Birdo has more value than whatever it is I missed. And yes, I am avoiding using Birdo's pronoun.

Like half of these characters arent really worth adding buttttttttttt

:4mario: - El Capitan Todd
:4link: - Midna
:4pikachu: - Incineroar
:4dk: Dixie Kong Funky Kong
:4samus: Ridley
:4fox: - Slippy
:4kirby: Banana Dee (intentional typo)
:4marth: - Chrom (paired up with Lucina. IT COUNTS!)
:4pit: Viridi Viridi Viridi Viridi Viridi Viridi Viridi
:4ness: - Kumatora
:4littlemac: - Bear Hugger
:4gaw: (retro) - Takamaru? I guess?
:4falcon: - that green lizard assasin guy
:4olimar: - Alph I guess?
:4villager: - Isabelle
:4wario: Jimmy T
:4shulk: - Nia & Dromarch
:4wiifit: - the balance board cahracter
:4sonic: - Tails
:4megaman: - Spider
:4pacman: - Ms. Pac Man
:4ryu: - Rashidoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (dressed as Viewtiful Joe)
:4cloud: MOTHER ****ING SQUALL
:4bayonetta: - Jeanne?

Well this list is boring AF lol
:061:

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Here's a fun exercise: For each of the main Nintendo universes in the game, pick a newcomer. Returning veterans don't count, I want someone that's a brand new playable character from each series. Keep it semi-likely, meaning dream picks are allowed, but they should have SOME chance, however small, of making it in.
Since I don't care about each series represented I'll stick to the few ones I know.

Animal Crossing: Isabelle

Bayonetta (which I personally consider a Nintendo foster child): Jeanne

Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong

Fire Emblem: No one comes to mind.

Kid Icarus: Medusa

Kirby: Bandana Dee

Mario: Daisy

Pikmin: Britany?

Pokémon: Reastically Decidueye but Chandelure will always be my dearest darling.

Retro: Takamaru

Splatoon: Octoling

The Legend of Zelda: Urbosa

+ 5 new IPs:
Chibi Robo: Chibi Robo

The Legendary Starfy: Starfy

The Wonderful 101: Wonder-Red

Okami: Amaterasu

Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight

Last edited:

Cin726

Smash Cadet
Donkey Kong : King K. Rool
EarthBound: Poo
F-Zero: Samurai Goroh
Fire Emblem: Lyn
Kid Icarus: Hades
Kirby: Waddle Dee
Mario: Toad
Metroid Prime: Ridley or Sylux (I'll honestly take one or the other at this point)
Pokémon: Decidueye
Star Fox: Pigma (fight me, Krystal base)
The Legend of Zelda: Impa
Wario: Waluigi
Yoshi: Kamek

I only included the franchises that I actually know something about.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I've been working on a different exercise the last two days.
Trying to fill in this chart of 12 newcomers:

(3 characters that are new IPs to smash) - (Inklings now takes one slot)
(One retro character that could use a revival)
(One retro off the wall choice)
(One third Party character that has had cross over games with Nintendo)
(One third Party character that is linked to Nintendo and popular)
(One new Pokemon)
(4 characters from series already established in smash)

I still can't fill the list in...

Alright, this could be fun, let's try fill in the gap.

New IP's;
1. Splatoon / Confirmed.
2. Chibi-Robo.
3. Rhythm Heaven.

Retro Survival;
1. Takamaru.

Off the wall;
1. Balloon Fighter.

3rd Party Cross Over.
1. Crash Bandicoot.

3rd Party Linked to Nintendo;
1. Bomberman.

New Pokémon;
1. Decidueye.

4 Characters from established series;
1. Mario - Toad.
2. Xenoblade - Rex W/wo Pyra.
3. Donkey Kong - King K. Rool.
4. Kirby - Banadana Waddle Dee.

It's just my rendition of this fun exercise.

--------------------------------------------------------

Still, I'd love to hear about people's view on my question regarding a playable Rhythm Heaven character.

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
Wolf's situation is just frustrating.

-He shows up in the intro film in Melee, but isn't playable.
-He shows up as a playable character in Brawl.
-He's then cut from the roster in Wii U/3DS.
-He's not included as a DLC character.

The sequence of events almost reads like Sakurai included the character in Brawl due to perceived demand, but he otherwise just doesn't care much for the character. It's too bad because I've wanted the character since Melee. Can't seem to catch a break. lol
Being a Wolf fan is hard. I remember during Smash 4 DLC speculation everyone assured me that there was "zero way Wolf doesn't come back" and I was so crushed (probably too much so) when he ended up getting axed for good. Still haven't really gotten over it because he was my favorite character to play in Smash to date.

I don't know if I can get my hopes up again this time.

Troykv

Smash Master
:4lucina:: Micaiah was my first favorite Fire Emblem character. She is just a dream because we are going to get a sword lord, which I never realized rhymed until now. Basically, she never got into Smash because spelling her name is a pain in the [redacted]. Oh, that one guy who likes Micaiah, what's up?
I always appreciate someone that would like Micaiah in Smash (or love Micaiah in general) even if they don't have many hopes in her... oh and yeah, there many people that write her name in wrong order hahaha xDU.

Hello! I'm fine, trying to do my usual stuff in the Micaiah Twitter and posting here :D

Interested in join in to Micaiah Supporters even if you don't have great hopes? :D

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
What character/s, that others want as newcomers, do any of you just not understand what people see in?
Ridley has always been the greatest question of Smashboards. I do not understand why people enjoy a giant purple space dragon. What are they, three? Please explain why he would be fun if all Ridley, who is much too big to even fit on a platform, would do is just punch and kick... It makes no sense.

I would much rather have Rex and Pyra. An anime swordsman is a breath of fresh air, he could play like Shulk, but Pyra would be there for some reason. Imagine all of the diversity. I could even see a counter for down-special as those are fairly rare and we need more, especially on swordsmen who have no other tools.

In all seriousness, and this is going to sound weird, I have no idea what people see in Bandana Dee. Why is that weird? Because I used to. I wanted him before and one day, I just woke up and was like, wait, why? He is just a generic Waddle Dee with a spear. I have no idea what I thought he would do. I, clearly, cannot trust myself.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
What character/s, that others want as newcomers, do any of you just not understand what people see in?
Indie characters; Shantae, Shovel Knight, Sans, etc.
Characters that never appeared on a Nintendo console; Master Chief, etc.
Non-Video Game characters; Goku, Shrek, Spongebob, etc. (Don't give a s-hit if their memes or not, some are serious)
And; Skyrim character, Doomguy, Dark Souls character and Minecraft Steve.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ridley has always been the greatest question of Smashboards. I do not understand why people enjoy a giant purple space dragon. What are they, three? Please explain why he would be fun if all Ridley, who is much too big to even fit on a platform, would do is just punch and kick... It makes no sense.

I would much rather have Rex and Pyra. An anime swordsman is a breath of fresh air, he could play like Shulk, but Pyra would be there for some reason. Imagine all of the diversity. I could even see a counter for down-special as those are fairly rare and we need more, especially on swordsmen who have no other tools.

In all seriousness, and this is going to sound weird, I have no idea what people see in Bandana Dee. Why is that weird? Because I used to. I wanted him before and one day, I just woke up and was like, wait, why? He is just a generic Waddle Dee with a spear. I have no idea what I thought he would do. I, clearly, cannot trust myself.
People like Kirby, want another character, Spear is a rather popular ability, Bandana Dee is now up with Meta Knight and Dedede in terms of important characters...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I mean, the point of the exercise was to pick one from EVERY series
Yoshi: Poochie
Zelda: Happy Mask Salesman
Kirby: Marx
Punch-Out: Some random boxer
Mother: Ninten
F-Zero: Some random racer
Animal Crossing: Some random villager
Pikmin: Louie
Fire Emblem: Some random swordsman

I've barely played some of these so I have no idea.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

FlexTapeF0rever

Smash Cadet
Do you guys think any of the Brawl veterans will be cut in the next games, or do you think since they are main stays in smash bros family from now on.
:metaknight::dedede::sonic::wario::diddy::olimar::ike::rob::toonlink::lucario::zerosuitsamus::lucas::pit::charizard:

Morbi

Scavenger
Indie characters; Shantae, Shovel Knight, Sans, etc.
Characters that never appeared on a Nintendo console; Master Chief, etc.
Non-Video Game characters; Goku, Shrek, Spongebob, etc. (Don't give a s-hit if their memes or not, some are serious)
And; Skyrim character, Doomguy, Dark Souls character and Minecraft Steve.
Can confirm, I am serious about Goku. It is really more of a "Goku is much bigger than anything Nintendo could offer outside of our favorite Italian plumber unless Luigi is your favorite," sort of thing, for me. Oh, and I just always wanted to use a Kamehameha in Smash.

Cin726

Smash Cadet
Which of these characters do people think should remain separate characters, and which ones should be made into alternative costumes?

Dr. Mario
Sheik
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus

Morbi

Scavenger
Which of these characters do people think should remain separate characters, and which ones should be made into alternative costumes?

Dr. Mario
Sheik
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus
Um, what? Did you accidentally put Zero Suit, Toon Link, and Sheik over, like, Dark Pit and Lucina?

Dr. Mario is really the only one that makes sense as a costume. Toon Link hypothetically would, if he were not a midgy.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Do you guys think any of the Brawl veterans will be cut in the next games, or do you think since they are main stays in smash bros family from now on.
:metaknight::dedede::sonic::wario::diddy::olimar::ike::rob::toonlink::lucario::zerosuitsamus::lucas::pit::charizard:
I'd say;

Toon Link, Lucas and Charizard.

Why?

Toon Link = We do not know the current status of BotW Link, and would we need 3 different Links? I still do not want anyone to leave, and I actually prefer TL in Smash.

Lucas = He was cut once. Still, hope he will make it back. He is fun, even if Ness is best boii.

Charizard = Transforming characters could come back, but I hope not. I rather hope Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle all return, in their own slot.

Can confirm, I am serious about Goku. It is really more of a "Goku is much bigger than anything Nintendo could offer outside of our favorite Italian plumber unless Luigi is your favorite," sort of thing, for me. Oh, and I just always wanted to use a Kamehameha in Smash.
You should play the Brawl-Hacks, there are plenty of Dragon Ball characters, and their actually quite fun, I like Broly a lot. Also Super Smash Flash 2 has a great competativ Goku. Still, I do not think he should be in the official Smash Bros. Maybe it's because I do not want to open a floodway for other sources? I mean, if Goku enters, why not Monkey D. Luffy and Naruto as well? I think it's just fine to leave them all out. That's just me tho.

D

Deleted member

FlexTapeF0rever

Smash Cadet

Dr. Mario
Sheik
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik and ZSS should remain as there own characters, If Link is getting a revamped moveset then Toon Link should stay and keep the og link moveset, Dr.Mario can be a costume or go honestly.

Cin726

Smash Cadet
Um, what? Did you accidentally put Zero Suit, Toon Link, and Sheik over, like, Dark Pit and Lucina?

Dr. Mario is really the only one that makes sense as a costume. Toon Link hypothetically would, if he were not a midgy.
They honestly slipped my mind, if I'm being completely honest. lol

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I don't think any will be cut. With the exception of Mewtwo, non clone vets have only been cut when there was some kind of issue implementing them. Considering the Switch is more powerful than the Wii U, I don't see any reason they would be cut. Also, pretty much all of these characters are somewhat popular.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
List of 1st party newcomers from each series you want okay here's mine.

:4mario: King Boo
:4link: Classic Ganon
:4pikachu:Gengar/Machamp
:4dk:King K. Rool
:4yoshi:Don't know
:4wario2:Ashley
:4falcon:Bio Rex
:4samus:Ridley
:4kirby:I guess Galacta Knight
:4fox:Leon Powalski
:4ness:Kumatora
:4marth:Lilina
:4olimar:Don't know
:4pit:Hades
:4villager:Isabelle I guess
:4shulk:Rex & Pyra
:4wiifit::4gaw::4duckhunt:(WTF characters) Rhythm Heaven Character
:4littlemac::popo::4gaw:(Retro) Mach Rider

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
It seemed so strange to cut Lucas the first time; very strange to down size an already dwindling series. I really hope they don't do it again.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Fire Emblem Switch main lord is the first that comes to mind for me. We don't even know what they look like yet, let alone how they are as a character, yet I see people basically say they are a shoo-in. :p I've played every Fire Emblem released in the West, and I don't even mildly want the currently unknown lord in Smash. Not til we know more.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I want Wolf back, and most people going around calling his chances likely just make me fear the off-chance he doesn't make it again.

Mario is a tough situation. Complaints of oversaturation. If we go by the pattern though, Mario/DK has recieved at least one newcomer per game.

64 - Luigi
Melee - Peach and Bowser; I guess Doctor Mario.
Brawl - Wario
Wii U & 3DS - Rosalina & Luma and Bowser Jr.

If you've seen the pattern, I'd say there's room for maybe one more Mario character, which will be either Toad or Waluigi from what I've seen. Though personally, Kamek checks off way more boxes than those two besides maybe only relevance.

As for Zelda, while the main cast doesn't change too much, one can say the supporting cast is just as important towards building the worlds. Look at Toad. Mostly just there as an NPC yet many want him. There's plenty of interesting Zelda reps to choose from. And if you wamt to use the maim caat argument, the argument can be made that Beedle, Impa, Tingle, and the two hags that make Twinrova are also pretty recognizable for being reoccurring characters.

If relevancy were one of the sole reasons a character would get in, why not make a Koopa or Goomba playable? Iconic and appear in every Mario game, and would also fit the bill for WTF character.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh~ Some fun discussion! Let's do the first Newcomers Things-

AC:
Fire Emblem: Micaiah because a full Mage characters could be extremely cool Or...
Chrom, yes, Chrom, I can't believe best Lord ain't here yet- As a joke or not, his characters is so loveable and Warrior/Heroes just make it even better- Even as a semi clone I take it- Even as a Costume- And he ALMOST made it before Robin took over...
Come on! Today will be his day- Hopefully!

Kid Icarus: Viridi

Kirby: Bandana Dee-

Mario: Waluigi my man-

Pokémon: Decidueye- Or Incineroar-

Retro: Takamaru

The Legend of Zelda: Lana from Hyrules warrior...Come on! ! A little representation wouldn't hurt! Or a champion for BOTW-

Wario: Ashley

Xenoblade: Pyra by herself, I can't stand Rex at all- Sorry buddy but you're my Top 1 worst JRPG protagonist and design ever

And bonus choice...

Sonic: Dr.Eggman/Shadow/Tails
I believe Sonic can afford a second rep, as I truly can't see him getting cut AT ALL and see him as a Stample of Smash now

K.Rool adn Ridley...I'm going to get killed for this, but I can't see anything in them. As much as I respect their fans

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well if the game started development during the DLC period, there's a chance the DLC characters for 4 were also being developed for Switch along with the other 20 characters in the trailer.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Lucas is a fun character. I mean, he was considered to replace Ness, but luckily that did not happen.
Then comes Brawl, and still if Mother 3 never got out of Japan, he made his debut, alongside an unlockable Ness (luckliy).
Then comes Smash 3DS & Wii U, Ness is there, and no Lucas (sadly).
Then comes DLC for Smash 3DS & Wii U "Lucas comes out of nowhere", well, did he come out of nowhere or was there a certain reason to why?

Lucas is really just up in the air. He is really the Roy of Melee, a new legacy character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom