• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I... I don't even. . Lol. This is hilarious.

I won't think it will ruined her, I just think it is unnecessary and unlikely.
Sigh....
Listen, as a person who likes Pyra's original design as well, she is getting censored either way. We are saying the same stuff over and over again and you are still not listening......
I mean...
Come on, her short pants exposes almost a half of her rear, as well as the black parts of her clothes being a bit too tight and her pants being very tight on her crotch, and that is certainly a lot of skin.

Can we drop this argument please?
Also as a Pokeball, I think Stufful would be a hilarious pokemon that could be like Bonsly in Brawl, in the sense that you have to pick it up for it to do something. My idea for Stufful is that you pick it up and hold it in front of you. It doesn't want to be picked up, so it starts using Brutal Swing by kicking its feet in front of it/you. You could carry it around and run people over like a lawnmower lmao.
I like this idea, discuss. It should be more "throwable" and act like a ball. Volleyball?

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
If not as characters, Primarina amd Mimikyu would be nice. Alolan Exeggutor will also be VERY fun just for the towering effect.
I feel like Mimimyu is the likeliest Generation 7 Pokémon when ignoring favoritism towards Starter Pokémon. It’s extremely popular and takes after the series mascot.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So here's a question.

I know a lot of people expect Spring Man or some sort of ARMS character.

But how many of you actually want an ARMS character?

I certainly do.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
One has the appearance of an adult women wearing athletic clothing, while the other looks like a young girl wearing booty shorts with thong straps.
I am not sure about that since both Samus and Pyra looks young. Pyra obviously because she has anime artstyle, so that's why.
Her shorts is a problem, I do admit.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel like Mimimyu is the likeliest Generation 7 Pokémon when ignoring favoritism towards Starter Pokémon. It’s extremely popular and takes after the series mascot.
Truthfully, I really can't see how Mimikyu can work as a playable character. I could see it popping out of a Poke Ball though.

D

Deleted member

So here's a question.

I certainly do.
Me too! Count me in!
Add Spring Man and Min-Min and I am all happy. :)
One has the appearance of an adult women wearing athletic clothing, while the other looks like a young girl wearing booty shorts with thong straps.
Well done on the way you said it.

So here's a question.

I certainly do.
My opinion on ARMS dropped more as I play it, but I still love the character designs.

Max Brass > Spring Man for me, but still thing spring man would be cool.
:061:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
With all this back and forth over Pyra, It'd be hilarious if she just wasn't even in the game.

So here's a question.

I certainly do.
Having only played the test punch and finding the game incredibly shallow, I don't particularly care to have a character in Smash.

I do expect Spring Man, though. Even if I wish it would be almost any other character from the game.

Because I do like a lot of the characters in that game for their designs, which apparently is a big no-no.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
So here's a question.

I certainly do.
I'm indifferent personally, but I also think the game will feel like its missing something if an ARMS character isn't there... Idk I'm kinda at this weird middle ground with it since I didn't enjoy playing the game myself. I'll be happy for everyone else if one gets in.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
So here's a question.

I certainly do.

I have respect for it, but ARMS as a game isn't for me so I have no real attachment. I wouldn't play him beyond trying him out, as I only main my favorites. I fully expect one and envision a unique, if not gimmicky, super long-range, glass cannon moveset.

I do think Spring Man deserves it though for the quite decent success of his new IP, and I also expect him, along with a Ribbon Girl alt a la Alph.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Not related to Pyra, but I do dread the idea of BotW Link in Smash for the loss of his iconic green tunic.

A character's visual design is a big part of what makes them, them. They're characters, not people.

And on the note of censorship, why are people worried about Pyra when she has more skin covered than Zamus' last two alts?
They even color-code the good parts.

?????????????

Smash Master
Hey, INCREDIBLY random question...I was just thinking of it cause it was an old topic from years ago and it involves my favorite Nintendo series...

If Punch-Out got a second character, who would you pick?

My choice is Bald Bull.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So here's a question.

I certainly do.
I do too. The characters can function similarly to guys like Dhalsim and Necro from Street Fighter. A lot of really long range normals. We haven't seen much of that in Smash, barring specific moves.

I mean, projectile heavy characters like my boy Mega Man or Samus and Link are their own style of fighting I feel.

Though what I'd like to see is a full on Grappler/Wrestler.

D

Deleted member

So here's a question.

I certainly do.
Don't care much either way. If it happens, I'd be happy for the fans.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
With all this back and forth over Pyra, It'd be hilarious if she just wasn't even in the game.
You're not wrong.
Hey, INCREDIBLY random question...I was just thinking of it cause it was an old topic from years ago and it involves my favorite Nintendo series...

My choice is Bald Bull.
No joke, I think the best choice would be someone like Glass Joe or Doc Louis.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord

My choice is Bald Bull.
I was JUST playing NES Punch-Out!! not 20 minutes ago and wondering how it will get repped. I think the only ones that really would be considered are Doc and King Hippo. But I don't think any will be considered unless there is a new entry in the series announced for NS like this year. I think it can get an Assist Trophy maybe.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Wow, nice exaggeration with "lady with no cloths on" and "rip his spine out" ... Is this Mortal Kombat that we are talking about?
Just to clear things up, yes, I was literally talking about Mortal Kombat. I meant to compare things that happen in a fighting game like that with Smash (which is more family-friendly), not say that I think those things will work their way into Smash if we don't censor things.

My choice is Bald Bull.
Bear Hugger.

Because he's my favorite. :p
If I had to be realistic, Doc Louis. With that Leopard shirt of course

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I am not sure about that since both Samus and Pyra looks young. Pyra obviously because she has anime artstyle, so that's why.
Her shorts is a problem, I do admit.
Well... As a westerner I can see the obvious difference of what would be acceptable and what would be questionable or uncomfortable, in comparison to Japanese culture.

Samus looks young yes, but easily passable for her 20's.

Pyra straight up looks 14.

please stop.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
...Wait, ****, I missed my opportunity to say Mike Tyson.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
NO. MORE. FIRE. EMBLEM.

I know there no rep limits theoretically, but FE should not have more reps or (as many) than Mario or Zelda. Fire Emblem pushing has gotten out of hand. There's promoting it and there is cramming it down people's throats and FE is entering "Cram" territory

D

Deleted member

My choice is Bald Bull.
Bald Bull was one of my choices. Same with King Hippo.

But I think the number one choice of mine would have to be....

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've always liked King Hippo's design. I wouldn't mind a new Punch-Out rep. Doc Louis would be really fun as a slow and sluggish Little Mac... although I wouldn't want Mac getting more powerful.

It's hard when everyone is just a boxer.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Samus looks young yes, but easily passable for her 20's.

Pyra straight up looks 14.

please stop.
I didn't want to continue this conversation much further, but I don't see how anyone could look at Pyra and see a 14 year old.

18-20 at the youngest just based on looks, not to mention when she speaks. She sounds and acts like a mature and independent person, and there is nothing about her that is questionable in that regard (like say Nowi in FE:A). She may or may not be sexualized appearance wise but there's nothing childish about her.

Last edited:

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
So here's a question.

I certainly do.
Honestly, no. It's nothing personal against the character, despite having no interest in the gameplay I like their designs. ARMS just feels too... I dunno, NEW to me. I felt similarly about the Inklings as DLC for the last game, I want the series to grow a little more before an ARMS character shows up in Smash.

Wouldn't be upset to see one of them get in, I'd just prefer almost anybody else

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
NO. MORE. FIRE. EMBLEM.

I know there no rep limits theoretically, but FE should not have more reps or (as many) than Mario or Zelda. Fire Emblem pushing has gotten out of hand. There's promoting it and there is cramming it down people's throats and FE is entering "Cram" territory
Mario has 7 reps, Fire Emblem has 6, and Zelda has 5. So FE doesn't have as many reps as Mario, but it has more than Zelda.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll admit.

Pyra seems young.

But she seems like old teenager at the youngest.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Idk when I played through the game, in comparison to other female characters they seem very young.
Pyra and Mythra?

I dunno. I thought they were adult looking enough. Like, I wouldn't be surprised if the intended age was 18-21.

Nia though looks like a young teenager (even though her English voice is clearly an adult) which is not helped by her Japanese voice. Her being 18-21 would confuse me.

D

Deleted member

NO. MORE. FIRE. EMBLEM.

I want Lyn and Chrom though.......
Fire Emblem got its popularity thanks to Smash Bros., so it deserves representation from there...
#MoreFireEmblemCharacters
Bald Bull was one of my choices. Same with King Hippo.

But I think the number one choice of mine would have to be....
Great, now you made me want the Great Tiger in Smash for Switch.
WAIII-YAH!
Bear Hugger.

Because he's my favorite. :p
If I had to be realistic, Doc Louis. With that Leopard shirt of course
Bear Hugger would be another good option as well for a Little Mac representative. The thing is, he could be a super-heavy weight boxer type and does a lot of damage, but would have to be really slow like Ganondorf. :p
I'll admit.

Pyra seems young.

But she seems like old teenager at the youngest.
I agree. I think Pyra looks 17 years of age. Nia looks 16.
Nia looks 12 dude...
You are taking this way too far.
Nia looks more like sixteen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pyra is literally a "mother/big sister" type of character, though? They even mention it in the game.
Well that's probably in part because of the fact she's thousands of years old or whatever.
why the **** can't people stop using this trope godammit

I do think Pyra looks pretty young, but regardless. Saying they look the same age as Samus? Nah. Not even close. Samus looks way older.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Pyra and Mythra?

I dunno. I thought they were adult looking enough. Like, I wouldn't be surprised if the intended age was 18-21.

Nia though looks like a young teenager (even though her English voice is clearly an adult) which is not helped by her Japanese voice. Her being 18-21 would confuse me.
Nia is actually 14 if you played even the first chapter... and i'm pretty sure thats a English dub increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom