• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
What Splatoon stage do you guys think will be the one chosen for Smash Bros 5, what tracks might appear(hopefully near all of them cause both games OSTs are amazing), and what are the chances of this stage being a spiritual successor to Smashville where now Callie and Marie or Off The Hook will appear in the back of the stage at certain times of the week.
Inkopolis

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Quoting myself because this feels relevant now. He is slowly moving from not being in the game, to being a full boss, to being a stage hazard with its own stock icon, to being playable. Should he get in, he was truly growing in reverse.
Ridley has always been in every smash game.

He's in the background of the metroid stage in 64, and then in melee's intro. You covered the rest, haha

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
What Splatoon stage do you guys think will be the one chosen for Smash Bros 5, what tracks might appear(hopefully near all of them cause both games OSTs are amazing), and what are the chances of this stage being a spiritual successor to Smashville where now Callie and Marie or Off The Hook will appear in the back of the stage at certain times of the week.
Probably one based on Urchin Underpass or the main Splatoon 2 Stage (Inkblot?). I have a Salmon Run stage concept though.

And maybe make it so the Splatoon stage has splatfest stuff at the same time as the actual Splatoon 2 Splatfests?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ridley has always been in every smash game.

He's in the background of the metroid stage in 64, and then in melee's intro. You covered the rest, haha
He's not in SSB for 3DS.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I don't really trust rumors this early from announcement, if things could get out that quickly someone would have leaked the announcement of the game before the direct.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
We need a Tetris & Dr. Mario Stage. Idk if it would be the same one or separate stages, but we need both eventually.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He's not in SSB for 3DS.
Though it was apparently planned at some point, as the 3DS data showed Ridley among the various Stage Bosses along with Pyrosphere. Probably something the 3DS couldn't handle. A literal case of being too big(data-wise). :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All right time to bring my favorite time of they day, what to do with a possible credible rumor:
Assume it's fake until given otherwise.
If it's a text leak that's even worse.
If it's a photo/video leak than that can be faked too.

Please don't yell at others for believing/not believing the rumor.
That is all.
Thank you.

Morbi

Scavenger
A Tetris stage is literally all i need other than Travis Touchdown.
No Ren Amamya? Consider me surprised. Usually when people name themselves after a character, or use the profile image of a certain character, they want that character. Once Sakurai retires, you should replace him. Master of surprise, you are.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Though it was apparently planned at some point, as the 3DS data showed Ridley among the various Stage Bosses along with Pyrosphere. Probably something the 3DS couldn't handle. A literal case of being too big(data-wise). :p
Really?
I was not aware of this.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I mean, not saying the leak is real, this could be perfectly false, but I've seen on Gamefaqs a lot of people on dennial about the leak, claiming there is no way Ridley is playable, and rightfully so, because that may be true, but then again a lot of people claimed with seemingly 100% of confidence that Smash would not be revealed at the last Direct, and look how that turned out..

Troykv

Smash Master
Ridley is would be just a big deal.

It would like to see live reactions (actual live reactions) from their fans if it actually happened.

Last edited:

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
No Ren Amamya? Consider me surprised. Usually when people name themselves after a character, or use the profile image of a certain character, they want that character. Once Sakurai retires, you should replace him. Master of surprise, you are.
To say that i need Ren Amamiya would be pretty obvious, i think. I would KILL SOMEONE to see him in Smash, lol.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Nothing's funnier than watching reactions to Smash trailers. I know they are really low effort but something's great about knowing something that the other person doesn't.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Guys come on clearly they mean Big Smoke is going to get in instead.
You gotta follow the damn train

Seriously though I'll take this one with two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s one with cheese and a large soda

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I don't really trust rumors this early from announcement, if things could get out that quickly someone would have leaked the announcement of the game before the direct.
Well trying to predict Smash has become such a meme, wouldn't blame anyone for not saying anything. And even if they did, it'd probably get laughed at/ignored. Obviously this is just a rumor and I don't believe anyone is taking it as fact, but due to the sources, it's worth remembering.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Plus, if you get caught, you would not be able to enjoy Smash in prison. The older ones perhaps, but if you think they are going to buy them joycons, boi!
Or you may be forced to play Smash with a JoyCon (sideways). Not sure what would be worse honestly.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The amount of free promo Smash would get on all social media if Ridley was announced is worth spending the time on making him work. It seems absurd to me that at no point someone more senior at Nintendo approached Sakurai and said look, I know it's your game but you gotta put him in this time. Smash is literally just one giant hype machine. Throw in your biggest piece of coal.

Last edited:

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
Guys come on clearly they mean Big Smoke is going to get in instead.
You gotta follow the damn train

Seriously though I'll take this one with two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s one with cheese and a large soda

Will main the **** out of Big Smoke.

Morbi

Scavenger
Or you may be forced to play Smash with a JoyCon (sideways). Not sure what would be worse honestly.
Oh, this went places. :love:

Well trying to predict Smash has become such a meme, wouldn't blame anyone for not saying anything. And even if they did, it'd probably get laughed at/ignored. Obviously this is just a rumor and I don't believe anyone is taking it as fact, but due to the sources, it's worth remembering.
I thought Smash might be confirmed for the Direct... and I laughed at myself. So I can see where you are coming from.

D

Deleted member

You know, I think Ridley may be too big.
But if he is actually added, that would be really awesome and impressive how they managed to fairly size Ridley.
I will buy a Golden Ridley statue and lick it all over in respect. :)

EMILY, FIND OUT IF BANDANNA DEE IS IN SMASH BROTHERS. Then again, it would be nice for it to be a surprise.
Not even a week after smash switch is announced and there's already a couple rumors.

Ridley being playable just HAD to be the second one.
Trust me, we are going to get a King K. Rool leak very soon. I can feel it.
vision.gif

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I imagine the ballot will play a big role in picking newcomers this time around so I can definitely see Ridley making it in this time. Which might also mean K. Rool, Isaac, etc. might have a decent chance as well.

Hopefully :snake: as well...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am not taking the Ridley rumor with a grain of salt.

I am just accepting it.

Ridley is in.

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
You know, I think Ridley may be too big.
But if he is actually added, that would be really awesome and impressive how they managed to fairly size Ridley.
I will buy a Golden Ridley statue and lick it all over in respect. :)

EMILY, FIND OUT IF BANDANNA DEE IS IN SMASH BROTHERS. Then again, it would be nice for it to be a surprise.

Trust me, we are going to get a King K. Rool leak very soon. I can feel it.
View attachment 138622
I mean... I like joking about the fact that Ridley is never going to be in Smash because of his size...
But if he does make it in, i'll find a new main in him.

FlexTapeF0rever

Smash Cadet
If Ridley is in there is no way that they would not reveal him at E3. It would be one of the hypes Smash reveals so a huge audience like that would be awesome.
I think we will see a similar set of reveals as Smash 4's first trailer: Villager Wii Fit trainer and Megaman
For this trailer it could be Inklings Ridley and a third party, maybe less maybe more, but we dont know at the moment

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I imagine the ballot will play a big role in picking newcomers this time around so I can definitely see Ridley making it in this time. Which might also mean K. Rool, Isaac, etc. might have a decent chance as well.

Hopefully :snake: as well...
The problem with Snake is the whole Konami Kojima situation and the fact that Sakurai is friends with Kojima. I could very well see that as the reason Snake will not be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom