• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Nothing's funnier than watching reactions to Smash trailers. I know they are really low effort but something's great about knowing something that the other person doesn't.
The best ones, are the people who aren't really familiar with Smash.
Some people started to guess it was Smash based on the feel of the trailer pretty early on.

People who are completely blind sided by the pupil killed me....

The best reaction, not sure who the youtuber is... but it was basically like completely unaware in the slightlest it was Smash.
It got dark "Welcome to Dark Souls [bleep] hue hue hue"
Then he see's the logo in the pupil and just screams, lol.

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
I imagine the ballot will play a big role in picking newcomers this time around so I can definitely see Ridley making it in this time. Which might also mean K. Rool, Isaac, etc. might have a decent chance as well.

Hopefully :snake: as well...
Heck yeah. I NEED Snake.
Or Big Boss.
Or Venom Snake.
I'll take all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wait a second?
Wasn't Emily Roger the same person who said we were getting Inklings for Smash 4?
Or was it Shovel Knight?

Either way I call bull****.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am not taking the Ridley rumor with a grain of salt.

I am just accepting it.

Ridley is in.
Boy, if this leak is false, and you've set yourself up for disappointment, what can I say? Not saying you should feel bad for saying that, just wanted to say this, if that's okay.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Oh, this went places. :love:

I thought Smash might be confirmed for the Direct... and I laughed at myself. So I can see where you are coming from.
Yeah, funny story about this Direct: I used to get exceptionally hyped for every single Direct, even after Smash 4's completion. I always thought how awesome it'd be if the next Smash was revealed. I would find ways to watch them at work, in class, wherever I was. Then, the announcement of the March 8th Direct happened. I was like "Oh cool a Direct. I'm a little busy, so I'll just watch it later." I was certainly no busier than I was during past Directs that I made time to watch. But, I mean, it's not like they're going to reveal Smash, right? So while the Direct is going on, I scroll through Twitter. I see a couple classic color Inklings swimming around as I pass the livestream. Just think to myself "Great, Splatoon 3 is here", joking to myself. I go past the Direct without much thought. Moments later I swipe back up just to get to the top of my feed, and I pass a giant flaming Smash Ball. Nintendo showed me why I should never doubt them.

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
I jokingly call people stupid at times for believeing those rumors, but i don't blame them at all.
If a rumor circulates saying that Ren Amamiya (Persona 5 Protagonist, in case you're not familiar with him) is in Smash, i will pray hourly for said rumor to be true.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, funny story about this Direct: I used to get exceptionally hyped for every single Direct, even after Smash 4's completion. I always thought how awesome it'd be if the next Smash was revealed. I would find ways to watch them at work, in class, wherever I was. Then, the announcement of the March 8th Direct happened. I was like "Oh cool a Direct. I'm a little busy, so I'll just watch it later." I was certainly no busier than I was during past Directs that I made time to watch. But, I mean, it's not like they're going to reveal Smash, right? So while the Direct is going on, I scroll through Twitter. I see a couple classic color Inklings swimming around as I pass the livestream. Just think to myself "Great, Splatoon 3 is here", joking to myself. I go past the Direct without much thought. Moments later I swipe back up just to get to the top of my feed, and I pass a giant flaming Smash Ball. Nintendo showed me why I should never doubt them.
Lmfao, Splatoon 3?! The worst part is I could genuinely see that happening. That is legitimately hilarious, I laughed out loud, in real life. Please believe me, I cannot get rid of this smile. In fact, you know what, that is my new signature. I am not even asking for permission. Thank you very much.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Mart, Ike, Robin, and Roy stay
Lucina gets cut, Corrin gets cut
They then add a character/characters from the new swiitch game
or make everyone happy and add Hector or Lyn which would replace Roy as the FE GBA rep
Cutting Corrin and replacing Roy definitely wouldn't 'make everyone happy'.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I've lived life by taking any and all rumors with a grain of salt. They could happen, but at the same time they could not happen. Really just my way of seeing things.

If this Ridley rumor is true, great. Just not gonna be surprised if he's not in.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well its got ground at least. I hope it doesn't crumble. I don't even care about Ridley at this point- I just want him to appear so that we got him in the roster. That's one less argument I don't have to read. :V

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
My mouse was over the X button on my Chrome. I was so ****ing close to turning it off.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait a second?
Wasn't Emily Roger the same person who said we were getting Inklings for Smash 4?
Or was it Shovel Knight?

Either way I call bull****.
That was Liam if I remember correctly.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Lmfao, Splatoon 3?! The worst part is I could genuinely see that happening. That is legitimately hilarious, I laughed out loud, in real life. Please believe me, I cannot get rid of this smile. In fact, you know what, that is my new signature. I am not even asking for permission. Thank you very much.
Well, I personally thought it was going to be a Splatoon 1 remake for the Switch. When I saw the Smash logo, however...I was like, OMG!!! The hype is real!!!

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Haha, use it all you want. I find my whole experience with this reveal pretty funny. Glad someone else does too :laugh:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I jokingly call people stupid at times for believeing those rumors, but i don't blame them at all.
If a rumor circulates saying that Ren Amamiya (Persona 5 Protagonist, in case you're not familiar with him) is in Smash, i will pray hourly for said rumor to be true.
Be prepared to have your heart taken once it's confirmed

At this point, I'm not believing anymore rumors until we get some solid facts. I think Smash 4 left a pretty bad taste with some of us going total wtf on certain characters so I'm not getting my hopes too high. As long as Crash is in, it's a Day One buy

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
Be prepared to have your heart taken once it's confirmed

At this point, I'm not believing anymore rumors until we get some solid facts. I think Smash 4 left a pretty bad taste with some of us going total wtf on certain characters so I'm not getting my hopes too high. As long as Crash is in, it's a Day One buy
Yeah, i have a feeling Crash could be included. Those remasters ARE going to the Switch, after all.
Also, "have your heart taken". I get the reference ;)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I for one accept our new space dragon overlord.

wens ridleh?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hey, if Ridley does make it in, Ridley's supporters have earned this. Like seriously. I won't take full credibility in a rumor, but I'll at least hope for the best. I'd be down for him.

And yeah, Liam was Shovel Knight, not Emily.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I say we take our shoes and make a giant Ridley idol out of them to celebrate.

Then we can burn it to symbolize our disappointment.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well its got ground at least. I hope it doesn't crumble. I don't even care about Ridley at this point- I just want him to appear so that we got him in the roster. That's one less argument I don't have to read. :V
But then we'll just being see people complain that he shouldn't have been in the roster, or people mad at Sakurai for changing his mind after so long.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
My heart started racing immediately. Something about the tone of the trailer and the animation screamed Smash to me. Showing my desperation and willingness to BELIEVE.
Yeah I think if I was actually watching the Direct, I would've caught on immediately. They already had their big Splatoon reveal with the DLC at that point. However the beginning of the Inkling reveal trailer was the only thing I happened to catch live. That, and the giant flaming Smash ball.

D

Deleted member

>Metroid trailer starts
>Ridley appears out of nowhere
>Samus starts fighting it, but he gets the upperhand
>About to kill Samus
>Someone approaches Ridley from the background
>He tries to fly away but gets sliced anyways
>It's ****ing Kojiro
>"That was just a ****** swallow, no need to worry"
>Samus gives him an invitation to Smash as thanks
>Ridley: "I'll get my chance... Another day..."
If this Ridley leak is true then you have to put a shoe on your head.
God what's up with your fetish of me on other people's heads?
I say we take our shoes and make a giant Ridley idol out of them to celebrate.

Then we can burn it to symbolize our disappointment.
Pls dont burn me

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Sylux is basically confirmed to be a key role in Prime 4. He stole a Metroid at the end of Federation Force, and one of the Prime directors confirmed that the ship following Samus at the end of Prime 3 was Sylux's.

He's my personal prediction for a Metroid newcomer, assuming Sakurai got some info on Metroid Prime 4 beforehand.
Another “prime” candidate, if you will :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom