• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
-sigh-

People need to stop using the Melee opening as a counterpoint....and I say this as someone who wants to see how Ridley would be handled.
It's the camera perspective.
Look at The Baby. The container is supposed to be slightly shorter than Samus herself.
Honestly, that perspective has always been strange to me.
Also, something about that Ridley model is just....ugh. :sick:

Morbi

Scavenger
:smirk:

Anyways, Ridley is tied for first on my poll, I thought ppl didn't like him or something now? Does this leak have something to do with that, I wonder?
Probably, it was ideal timing, right in the middle of a Ridley leak discussion. Lmfao.

People don't like Ridley supporters.
Can confirm, I am a Ridley supporter and no one likes me.

I was wondering how long it would take for a "Ridley is in smash" leak would show up. I expected faster.

Of course, I also assumed this particular smidgen of info would have taken longer to get to here.
:061:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
:smirk:

Anyways, Ridley is tied for first on my poll, I thought ppl didn't like him or something now? Does this leak have something to do with that, I wonder?
People love Ridley on this site, it's just that he's become almost a meme at this point. A lot of us had given up hope on him and moved onto other things - I love Ridley, but had shifted my focus away from him and towards Sylux by this point.

D

Deleted member

Oh no, we seem to be heading towards a size debate. I'm getting out of here. Not before leaving this though.

But Olimar is only 1.9 cm tall and they managed to scale him up.

*runs, stirring a pot*
False equivalency.

Literally everything from the Pikmin universe was scaled up accordingly, not just Olimar himself.

Ridley would be the only thing from the Metroid universe that was scaled down.

Again, I'm not against Ridley showing up. I'm just tired of seeing the same old arguments being used that don't really work.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
It seems that the leaker who is not Emily Rogers has built one heck of a track record in regards to leaks. I was planning on just writing this leak off because its Ridley, but I'm definitely going to keep track of this leak now.

D

Deleted member

I think the leak is fake because I am sure Sakurai is still in his word that Ridley is too big.
If Ridley actually does get added, than that would actually be interesting.

I hope Waluigi and Badanna Dee are not leaked, but they are in the game. I want to be filled with joy.
There are a list of characters that can apply to the same thing I just said about Badanna Dee and Waluigi, I hope they are revealed in a trailer rather than a leak.

Morbi

Scavenger
People love Ridley on this site, it's just that he's become almost a meme at this point. A lot of us had given up hope on him and moved onto other things - I love Ridley, but had shifted my focus away from him and towards Sylux by this point.
That is the weird part, if this leak were true, Sakurai chose to do it... Right around Metroid Prime 4... Where Sylux actually makes sense. A legit wtf Sakurai moment. Well, if it were real. It probably is not.

I still believe he might get into the game, however. Just not the guarantee that a convenient leak such as this would provide.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
That is the weird part, if this leak were true, Sakurai chose to do it... Right around Metroid Prime 4... Where Sylux actually makes sense. A legit wtf Sakurai moment. Well, if it were real. It probably is not.

I still believe he might get into the game, however. Just not the guarantee that a convenient leak such as this would provide.
Maybe Ridley appears in the game with a fairly different appearance, or at least an appearance that can work for the Smash situation. That would also make it reasonable to reveal Ridley at E3 alongside a big Metroid Prime 4 trailer.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Man ridley and maybe a 3rd party character reveal for E3 would be nuts tbh. Also not gunna lie Ive been thinking the splatoon smash teaser trailer is cut and isnt the full trailer and if ridley was originally intended to show up in it i think that kinda points to how weird the tone was in it, though thats just some crack theories for y'all.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
False equivalency.

Literally everything from the Pikmin universe was scaled up accordingly, not just Olimar himself.

Ridley would be the only thing from the Metroid universe that was scaled down.

Again, I'm not against Ridley showing up. I'm just tired of seeing the same old arguments being used that don't really work.
In that case bring on Samus Jr. :p

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Or Ridley is announced pre release, and then later on when Prime 4 is announced and Sylux turns out to be a very important character, he's added in down the line as DLC.

Imagine the world...

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I gotta say, I love this. I really, really love Smash speculation, and this feels like the start of open season.

I don’t really care about Ridley. If he gets in, sick, he derserves it. He’s a big name character, and I would be glad to see the fanbase finally getting vindication. But the character himself is not a priority for me.

What I care about is seeing the hype, being a part of the hype, and the conversations this will start for the next few weeks. Seeing Smashboards start to come back to life again is something I will always love to see. :bee:

D

Deleted member

Though if maybe larger characters are getting in, perhaps our next Pokémon isn't even a "new" Pokémon at all....

We were told to "pay extra attention to Lugia this year".

Last edited by a moderator:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Or Ridley is announced pre release, and then later on when Prime 4 is announced and Sylux turns out to be a very important character, he's added in down the line as DLC.

Imagine the world...
4 Metroid characters in ONE smash game?

Hah, sounds impossible lol

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
I actually missed these "leaks" and other rumors so much.
We truly are in the hype train, my friends, and it shows no sign of stoopping.

For those looking at timelines for releases, I would imagine Samus Returns would be what gets looked at before Prime 4, the game that doesn't even have a release date or even the smallest bit of info.

EDIT: Dammit morbid

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Ridley is in, i’ll be happy the epic is over with.

I can’t help but feel that this leak is only going to result in disappointment.

I don’t know. I know that more time has passed since Wii U than it feels like, but didn’t Sakurai say something specifically about Ridley as to why he isn’t playable?

I find it hard to believe that he would suddenly change his opinion on it and think, “Ah yes! Why hadn’t I thought of it before!?”

It’s not that I don’t want Ridley. That’s not it at all. I just don’t think i’ll believe this until I see it, and for good reason.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I gotta say, I love this. I really, really love Smash speculation, and this feels like the start of open season.

I don’t really care about Ridley. If he gets in, sick, he derserves it. He’s a big name character, and I would be glad to see the fanbase finally getting vindication. But the character himself is not a priority for me.

What I care about is seeing the hype, being a part of the hype, and the conversations this will start for the next few weeks. Seeing Smashboards start to come back to life again is something I will always love to see. :bee:
That is one of the major reasons I want him, I am just not sure who else, besides King K. Rool, could possibly bring the hype in the same way that Ridley would be able to.

Morbi

Scavenger
For those looking at timelines for releases, I would imagine Samus Returns would be what gets looked at before Prime 3, the game that doesn't even have a release date or even the smallest bit of info.
Prime 3 released back in '07. I could tell you about it, but I do not want to spoil you. :troll:

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
For those looking at timelines for releases, I would imagine Samus Returns would be what gets looked at before Prime 3, the game that doesn't even have a release date or even the smallest bit of info.
I'm super down for Samus' Returns stuff. Love the bulky design used for samus in all its art.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
You know, Ridley is actually smaller in Smash 4 than he was in Brawl. Perhaps he is growing in reverse and now he is the right size to be in the game :thinking:
Quoting myself because this feels relevant now. He is slowly moving from not being in the game, to being a full boss, to being a stage hazard with its own stock icon, to being playable. Should he get in, he was truly growing in reverse.

FlexTapeF0rever

Smash Cadet
What Splatoon stage do you guys think will be the one chosen for Smash Bros 5, what tracks might appear(hopefully near all of them cause both games OSTs are amazing), and what are the chances of this stage being a spiritual successor to Smashville where now Callie and Marie or Off The Hook will appear in the back of the stage at certain times of the week.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Urgh, semi-credible rumours. The worst kind. Stupid hope.

A long 90 days lie ahead of us.

ckrocker

Smash Cadet
So it’s that wonderful time again. Rumors, reveals, expectations, and excitement.

Ahhhh it’s good to be back here...

Morbi

Scavenger
Quoting myself because this feels relevant now. He is slowly moving from not being in the game, to being a full boss, to being a stage hazard with its own stock icon, to being playable. Should he get in, he was truly growing in reverse.
Actually he started as just a background element in 64 and graduated to being in the opening cinematic in Melee to a full boss and eventually hazard. Your point still stands, just adding to it. He is Benjamin Button, fam.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
He started off as a background character, then trophy and then became a boss.

Then he didn't appear at all and then became a stage hazard with a stock icon.

Last edited:
I can’t help but feel that this leak is only going to result in disappointment.

I don’t know. I know that more time has passed since Wii U than it feels like, but didn’t Sakurai say something specifically about Ridley as to why he isn’t playable?

I find it hard to believe that he would suddenly change his opinion on it and think, “Ah yes! Why hadn’t I thought of it before!?”

It’s not that I don’t want Ridley. That’s not it at all. I just don’t think i’ll believe this until I see it, and for good reason.
Best to just temper your expectations, strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

If you throw enough crap at a wall, some of it is bound to stick.

Emily Rogers, Liam Robertson,etc are great examples of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom