• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlexTapeF0rever

Smash Cadet
Um, your poll seems to be broken, there are dozens of nonsensical characters and yet no Spring Man. Like??? I voted for Black Shadow as he is my second choice.
I put in the 2 most popular Arms characters as many feel Spring-man or Ribbon-girl would be to obvious

IronTed

Smash Ace
Sounds like a bunch of credible people of ResetEra, a guy called RycE (or something) and Emily Rogers are saying that Ridley is in. They also apparently leaked Captain Toad for Switch.
On one hand, Rogers is super legit, on the other, I fear disappointment.

But man, if that's true, then be still my beating heart.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I trust Emily Rogers. As much as you can trust any credible leaker. Not enough to take this without a massive grain of salt, because Ridley, but... she's been right far more than wrong, especially as of late.

I don't suppose anyone has to link to where she corroborates this though?
I never thought Emily was not credible. I just think people shouldn't believe this just because it came from someone like her. What if this turns out false?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm not reading too much into Emily Rogers, but I'm not going to try to discredit her as she leaked the Switch and got so much flak and abuse during that ordeal.

Hope it's true, that would #breaktheinternet

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
That wasn't my point.
If every newcomer in the next game was a villain but K. Rool and Ridley weren't added, would they still matter?
I'd be happy for more villains, regardless of who they are, as long as they were interesting characters.

Yes I agree, they should bring back boss battles. :troll:
I agree that Boss Battles should return! They're great ways to work in villains that weren't/couldn't be playable :)

Not going to lie, I would rather have the puppet (and I strongly dislike the idea of Geno) or owl over a "destructive and corrupted doppelganger." That trope is tired af.
I mean, you're not wrong, but Metroid doesn't have many recurring characters. Also, despite the "evil doppleganger" status of Dark Samus, it really isn't much like Samus in any sense other than looks, so it "should" be a totally unique character, were it to be added.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm not saying anything about whether Ridley is gonna be in smash or not, but jeez he'd be cool.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I believe if Ridley was going to be in the initial trailer, he would be revealed by now. I don't think he'd be saved for later. JUst because someone was credible in the past doesn't mean they will be credible on things like this, or everything even.
I mean, Ridley would be a BIG reveal for E3, pun completely intended.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, Ridley would be a BIG reveal for E3, pun completely intended.
Yeah, literally! LOL

Anyway, I have nothing against Ridley himself, or the possibility of him being in Smash. I'll even give him a try if he is truly in.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I never thought Emily was not credible. I just think people shouldn't believe this just because it came from someone like her. What if this turns out false?
I mean people should take all unfounded claims as unfounded until they aren't, all I'm saying is should someone else have made this claim, I'd probably just dismiss it tbh. Or at least eye it suspiciously from afar.

And yeah, it very much could be false. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. No one should take it as gospel. I just trust Emily Rogers enough to find her leaks worth entertaining. I'm not saying it's real.

Morbi

Scavenger
I do not believe it technically came from her, I believe she more or less just confirmed it.

Regardless, that is how leaks work. You either trust them, or you do not. If it turns out false, oh well, I guess people are disappointed. If it turns out to be real, leakers get to pad their resumes.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean people should take all unfounded claims as unfounded until they aren't, all I'm saying is should someone else have made this claim, I'd probably just dismiss it tbh. Or at least eye it suspiciously from afar.

And yeah, it very much could be false. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. No one should take it as gospel. I just trust Emily Rogers enough to find her leaks worth entertaining. I'm not saying it's real.
Understood. As much as I believe this may not be real, I actually trust Emily Rogers myself. We just have to wait until more information comes up.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It's generally a good idea to avoid the internet soothsayers. ResetEra likes to make people believe they are "always in the know." Remember when they learned about the Mini Direct 30 minutes before it dropped (which also dropped with the press release) and then tried to tell everyone how there was going to be a Direct in February. Safe to assume they are full of it.
You also don't ignore a hole in your wall just because your house is still inhabitable.
That's an awful comeback that doesn't make any sense in the context of what we are speaking of. It's more an admission that you have no idea what I'm saying but still using the analogy that I made. Try harder next time.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Yeah, 100 percent believing any rumor is foolhardy, but at the same time this isn't coming from some rando on 4chan. The good news is, in less than a year we find out the answer

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, 100 percent believing any rumor is foolhardy, but at the same time this isn't coming from some rando on 4chan. The good news is, in less than a year we find out the answer
Not really, it depends on the context. A lot of leaks are genuine. Injustice 2 had its roster leaked. A lot of people did not believe it for stupid reasons. "Scarecrow makes no sense because that is another Batman character." Stuff like that. I, and plenty of others, believed the leak, it had merit to it. NRS content usually gets leaked as is and this one had the same sort of credibility behind it.

This one in particular, yeah, do not believe it 100%. They need to give a bit more of a reason to warrant that.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Lmao

I was working my way through the last 10 pages I missed, got quoted so I skipped ahead to check it out, and lo and behold...

RIDLEY IS ****ING CONFIRMED GUYS :joyful:

(Obviously I’m calling bull****, Emily Rogers has beeen right a few times, but she’s been wrong plenty of times as well)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, probably fake. But it's not like Emily isn't given bad information, which is likely the case.

We'll see what happens, though.

Morbi

Scavenger
Lmao

I was working my way through the last 10 pages I missed, got quoted so I skipped ahead to check it out, and lo and behold...

RIDLEY IS ****ING CONFIRMED GUYS :joyful:

(Obviously I’m calling bull****, Emily Rogers has beeen right a few times, but she’s been wrong plenty of times as well)
I am legitimately surprised how many people have a seemingly boundless trust for her. Very strange. Extremely strange, even.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

I feel the same way about her. She's been wrong, but I don't think she's dishonest. Also, I don't see where she said anything about this, so I'm wondering if someone just used her name to gain credibility.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I do not believe it technically came from her, I believe she more or less just confirmed it.

Regardless, that is how leaks work. You either trust them, or you do not. If it turns out false, oh well, I guess people are disappointed. If it turns out to be real, leakers get to pad their resumes.
It makes sense. I kinda figured as I thought there was only one insider that was not her that brought it up until she was mentioned.

Anyway, like I said, I'mma gonna wait for more information or a trailer before I believe this.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh okay whatever, I made my own poll because that's the hip thing.

Only difference is I allowed multiple voting. Also I ran out of spots to pick characters for so hopefully I didn't miss any important characters.
Well, your poll had Spring Man, so it is automatically a high quality poll. Honestly, I prefer the multi-voting. Much more fun. You even included Amaterasu. Not going to happen, at all; however, part of the fun is the whole "what if" aspect that speculation brings. So for that, I thank you.

D

Deleted member

I choose to remain skeptical here.

But if true, I really hope they go with Proteus Ridley.
WVW69kpP4pEY8ZwcDJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I mean, you're not wrong, but Metroid doesn't have many recurring characters. Also, despite the "evil doppleganger" status of Dark Samus, it really isn't much like Samus in any sense other than looks, so it "should" be a totally unique character, were it to be added.
Sylux is basically confirmed to be a key role in Prime 4. He stole a Metroid at the end of Federation Force, and one of the Prime directors confirmed that the ship following Samus at the end of Prime 3 was Sylux's.

He's my personal prediction for a Metroid newcomer, assuming Sakurai got some info on Metroid Prime 4 beforehand.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It makes sense. I kinda figured as I thought there was only one insider that was not her that brought it up until she was mentioned.

Anyway, like I said, I'mma gonna wait for more information or a trailer before I believe this.
Have fun waiting till E3! lol. If they have a Smash trailer before E3 I will make a spaghetti out of shoelaces and eat it along with the other shoe I already have to eat.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Okay I can't be bothered waiting for 100 votes. There were 94 votes in total for 38 individual characters.

Here's all the characters who received more than one vote:

Bandana Dee (Kirby) 13
K.Rool (Donkey Kong) 13
Ridley (Metroid) 9
Rayman (Rayman) 4
Rex (Xenoblade) 4
Midna (Zelda) 4
Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright) 3
Lyn (Fire Emblem) 3
Isaac (Golden Sun) 3
Brian (Quest 64) 2
Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie) 2
Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) 2
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) 2
Professor Layton (Professor Layton) 2
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) 2
Captain Toad (Mario) 2
Wonder Red (Wonderful 101) 2
ARMS Character (ARMS) 2

https://goo.gl/forms/ufLy7JOpLtFnVt6l2

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Have fun waiting till E3! lol. If they have a Smash trailer before E3 I will make a spaghetti out of shoelaces and eat it along with the other shoe I already have to eat.
You're gonna have a tough time eating that! I do believe a trailer will come before E3 in some way, though. That is just me, however.

Morbi

Scavenger
Anyone else want Wolf back
Naturally, albeit, the worst part is, compared to how I felt during the "DLC era," I do not care as much. It is weird. In the grand scheme of things, I feel as though Mewtwo's cut from Brawl was much worse and his return was more important. I really want him back, but I would feel stronger about it if I knew he was getting a redesign. I hated the Brawl aesthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom