• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Hey guys, I'm new here (to this thread; I am a lurker and active member for the Smash 4 4BR CCI threads). I thought this thread was crazy for wishful thinking of a new smash game that I expected to come at a later date. I read all the pages from when the announcement started (as I was reading the pages, I had the smash trailers playing in the background).

-

My input on the age discussion is that I was 2 when 64 came out. It was the 2nd videogame I played along with Super Mario 64 being the first. I could go on more about where I was during each release of Smash, but I'll cover Smash 4 and a little bit of 64 and Melee.

I was in my senior year of highschool when it released and I helped run a game club during school that saw over 30 kids packed in a small computer lab to play Smash 4 during school hours; we did so much 8-player smash. Unfortunately it got shut down at the end of the year because some adults did not enjoy us having fun. For the record, I'm 20 now and a proud Ness main since 64 (switched to Lucas in Brawl due to Ness nerfs and fully made the switch to Lucas in Smash 4).

For 64, I recall in elementary telling my teacher that Ness was a word, yet she kept correcting me and wore a confused look on her face. I still remember saying "Nooooooo" very slowly as if she was unsure. For Melee, the first thing I did was pop in the disk, move my cursor to Ness, select his yellow alt, and marvel at his CSS portait for a LONG time.

-

I'm suprised you guys have not brought up how the entrance for the Smash title was nearly identical to the Melee opening (specifically the text entrance for Smash 6, and the text entrance at the end of the Melee opening). I'll link the Melee opening for reference. To me this makes me wonder if Smash 6 wil be competitively focused or have something for Melee fans like the return of wave-dashing or Shine-sparks. I'm also curious if the dialogue between Hungrybox and Reggie along with the press (of Hungrybox's callout to Nintendo at a tournament) played a role in this.

-

The Nintendo Versus Twitter is now updated with 100% Smash 6 so I guess it is to safe that we are legitimately E-Sports now.

I just checked again now as I'm typing (the tweet is a few hours old), and they updated it with other games.

Here is another bit of info I found that has not been discussed yet.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I also heard that Sakurai is also working on this, honestly I think he really needs a huge break right now.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Analyzing the silouttes? Just don't turn in this in the insanity that was the analizying of Ridley's shadow.
Which is where I made my point across:

Welcome to the Smashboards, where everything is analyzed, over analyzed, discussed, fought, threads closed, and re-analyze until official confirmation...and then the cycle repeats

:teeth:
x1000 when it comes to Ridley

It was very hype and made me put down my game while my mouth hung open.

I do agree a bit more information would've been cool.
Hmm...I think they did this because they know we want more information so we have to tune into E-3 to find out. Perfect way to get more people to watch I think

#CrashforSmash
HAIL CRASH

Welp, this has become a waste of time. I'll check back later.
Come back at E-3 when things are better.

Troykv

Smash Master
I need to be strong, the wait for more information is painful, but I love to know is finally here!

Please Sakurai, put Micaiah in a more meanigful way this time, our were waiting since the Brawl Days D:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I also heard that Sakurai is also working on this, honestly I think he really needs a huge break right now.
Unsurprised. Man loves to work. It's who he is.

But we don't entirely know his role among this, as he might not actually be the Director this time around. However, Director or not, who better to say something about working on it? People were more wondering if he was on the project at this point. With Iwata's death, and his hand issues, there's a lot of questioning. I think he's the Director again, but it's possible it's not the case.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It's funny. I see everyone on social media losing their **** over this, yet I'm over here. completely apathetic. Probably because I've done the whole song and dance before. Plus, I kind of expected it would be released this year.

I don't plan to really talk about this game as much as I have the last two. I'll just leave the few things I'm seeing and, I guess, a word of caution.

First, there will be cuts. I know people are telling themselves there won't be anything, but trust me, there will be. I said the same thing about Smash 4. Oh, it was going to have a better development cycle so they can add all the characters in. But believe me, it will happen. "But what if this is built off the last game?" I know how it goes. It always seems like there will never be cuts, yet there always are.

Second, don't try and predict the roster. You'll probably get it all wrong. Heck, most people are going to be wrong with their predictions. Predicting individual characters? That's doable. But when you try to guess every little thing, you'll be way off. The problem is I foresee more people doing this, especially as we have more information from Source Gaming or the internet in general. I'm already seeing people think they can get the roster. You won't. Moreover, it's better to be open than to try and have a rigid roster. Might make it more enjoyable too.

Something else I'm seeing is that people are getting a little crazy with guest characters. Let me explain. With Brawl and Smash 4, the most popular characters were Sonic and Megaman. Nintendo has confirmed this. The most popular guest characters have been included. Now, the ones everyone brings up don't have the same broad appeal, even from within the community. Yet people expect there will be even more than the last game. It's telling that Inkling was the showcase character as they are the most popular. They were this game's Sonic and Megaman. I'm not saying you wont have guest character, just that expectations seems to be a bit high. Take pause.

I can't make you all do anything, so go wild. I'm more just pointing out what I'm seeing and giving some advice for dumb things I did years ago. Since it's a new game, I'll just leave the characters I'm confident in.
  • Spring Man
  • Isabelle
  • Takamaru
  • A New Pokemon (Decidueye or someone from the new games would be my guess)
  • Rex & Pyra
Beyond that, it's anyone's guess. I could see a Zelda character, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it. Like I said, I wont be around as often but will pop in from time to time. Enjoy your rampant speculation. At the very least, this game will be out within 6-9 months.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm fully expecting Crash Bandicoot and a Dark Souls character. Those will be the two megatons at the level of Cloud and Bayonetta.

Dan

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm new here (to this thread; I am a lurker and active member for the Smash 4 4BR CCI threads). I thought this thread was crazy for wishful thinking of a new smash game that I expected to come at a later date. I read all the pages from when the announcement started (as I was reading the pages, I had the smash trailers playing in the background).

-

My input on the age discussion is that I was 2 when 64 came out. It was the 2nd videogame I played along with Super Mario 64 being the first. I could go on more about where I was during each release of Smash, but I'll cover Smash 4 and a little bit of 64 and Melee.

I was in my senior year of highschool when it released and I helped run a game club during school that saw over 30 kids packed in a small computer lab to play Smash 4 during school hours; we did so much 8-player smash. Unfortunately it got shut down at the end of the year because some adults did not enjoy us having fun. For the record, I'm 20 now and a proud Ness main since 64 (switched to Lucas in Brawl due to Ness nerfs and fully made the switch to Lucas in Smash 4).

For 64, I recall in elementary telling my teacher that Ness was a word, yet she kept correcting me and wore a confused look on her face. I still remember saying "Nooooooo" very slowly as if she was unsure. For Melee, the first thing I did was pop in the disk, move my cursor to Ness, select his yellow alt, and marvel at his CSS portait for a LONG time.

-

I'm suprised you guys have not brought up how the entrance for the Smash title was nearly identical to the Melee opening (specifically the text entrance for Smash 6, and the text entrance at the end of the Melee opening). I'll link the Melee opening for reference. To me this makes me wonder if Smash 6 wil be competitively focused or have something for Melee fans like the return of wave-dashing or Shine-sparks. I'm also curious if the dialogue between Hungrybox and Reggie along with the press (of Hungrybox's callout to Nintendo at a tournament) played a role in this.

-

The Nintendo Versus Twitter is now updated with 100% Smash 6 so I guess it is to safe that we are legitimately E-Sports now.

I just checked again now as I'm typing (the tweet is a few hours old), and they updated it with other games.

Here is another bit of info I found that has not been discussed yet.

Nice post; I would be game for this just being a stripped, competitive iteration, especially with the handheld potential. Do we really need 50 characters?

I'm pretty sure he's a control freak and will probably just work himself into a grave.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Maybe it's because I conflate the gap in development with time expected to make a new game but it honestly completely slipped by me that Smash 4 was only in development for 2 years, really. And not just one version of it; two versions.

If most of the accounts from insiders are correct then this game has been in development ever since the DLC characters were wrapping up production. That means just like Smash 4, it's been in development for two years, which is way too long for a port - so the development of this essentially mirrors Super Smash Bros. Melee; Sakurai and co. got almost instantly tossed onto a new Smash to make up for the game wrapping up development at the end of a console's life cycle (or in the Wii U's case, overall a failed console).

The difference is I don't think Sakurai was all too obligated to do this. Nintendo would've probably been just peachy with an updated port since that's all the rage these days on the Switch. But no, the presentation of that trailer clearly indicates a different style is being employed this time around; Sakurai went the extra mile when he really didn't have to. I'm wondering whether or not Iwata's passing has anything to do with it, the series is practically a testament to their partnership and friendship, and while Iwata wasn't fortunate enough to see the success of the Switch, the final console he had a hand in, Sakurai might've been compelled to return and do this rodeo one more time.

Also worth of note is that the impetus behind the titling of Smash 4 was to emphasize that there was a soft parity between the two versions and to not confuse what the titles were. The 3DS version, the version Sakurai was personally more interested in, was ostensibly the base. There was much ado about the Wii U version being "held back by it", but they explicitly avoided to add the title "for Nintendo Switch" this time around. They could've done this easily but they didn't, which suggests they're treating this as an entirely different beast.

It's possible this started out as a port, or people being under the impression it was going to be an updated version, but that much like Splatoon 2, it snowballed into becoming a sequel of it's own, with enough content and new things to justify it being a brand new title. Even if this Smash is built off of the skeleton of Smash 4, Smash 4 took a lot from Brawl as well.

So... this might become a lot more bigger of a title than I initially assumed. But considering the trailer, I don't know why I expected otherwise.

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
IT TIS A GLORIOUS DAY, MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

Now, to business.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Smash Bros is coming to the Switch. THIS. F**KING. YEAR.

So many questions! But I only have 3 for now.

1. Port or New Game? I’m thinking new game. If you pay close attention in the trailer, Bandai Namco’s name is nowhere to be found. In it’s place is Hal Laboratory. Also, one the official website it says “Original Game.” That being said I hope Bandai Namco lends a hand again.

2. New Characters you think are sure lock-ins?
We know the Inklings for sure. I see Spring Man and/or Ribbon Girl (If both, semi clones, not full clones.) Also, Rex & Pyra (team unit, but in a separate vain than Ice Climbers. Speaking of which, Ice Climbers are coming back. I see new Pokémon, either Mimikyu, Decidueye, and/or Gen VIII Pokémon (maybe as DLC later on though for the latter.) Takamaru (It’s time.) And a Fire Emblem Switch character.

I’m hopeful for Hades and Isabelle.

3 Lastly, cuts? It’s a sad truth, but not everyone can make varsity. I don’t know who or how many will be cut, and I also don’t want any cuts. In a perfect world, there would be no cuts. However I am fearful for the following: *Deep inhale*

Cloud
Ryu
Pac-Man
Megaman
Corrin
Bowser Jr. (Koopalings)
Greninja
Dr. Mario
Lucina
Dark Pit
Wii Fit Trainer

I didn’t put Bayonetta on the list, because I feel she is safe with Bayo 3 being Switch exclusive. She’s found a home on Nintendo. I don’t think Cloud, Ryu, or Pac will go, but they is a possibility. I’d say about 50/50. Just depends if Sakurai wants them. Greninja to make way for new Pokémon (Lucario has become a “Smash character” in the vain of Falco and Captain Falcon. Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit because of their clone status. Corrin due to backlash for FE fans and Smash fans alike. And Wii Fit Trainer because she wasn’t well received and is from a dead franchise that isn’t considered retro in the vain of Ice Climbers it Takamaru. I think she is least likely though as she represent the “Wii Era” and is unique. Lastly, Bowser Jr. because he was almost cut originally for being so difficult to implement. Again, possibilities not for sure, and I’m not saying I want them cut. Personally, I’ll be very sad to see Greninja, WFT, Bowser Jr., Cloud, Ryu, Megaman, PacMan, and Corrin go if they do.

So, to all of you. Answer those three questions! :D

D

Deleted member

I think its a port with added characters and features.

Similar to mario kart deluxe
You’re still here ol friend? Good stuff holding it down, nothing like an old fashioned speculation thread.

Anyway, Icies please
Hey, welcome back to the forums! It's nice to see old friends return.
So we got a confirmation that Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy will be seeing a Nintendo Switch version. Could that help Crash get a Smash Bros. appearance?

Also, the surprise Smash Bros. teaser at the end will have you wonder what else could pop up in the future.
I doubt it. Crash has already gotten games on Nintendo systems. The fact the N-Sane Trilogy has already sold well should have boosted his chance for consideration as much as possible.

lol yeah

also everybody crying "2018 must mean it's a port" are forgetting that it has to have been in development for at least a year already
because what the hell else would be taking all that dev time
That's not too long of a time for a port though if that's how long it's taken.

We really need to look at this outlines.

They could just soft confirm a lot of characters.
All I have to say is, glad to see Ness soft-confirmed. At least one of my secondaries is returning. Now to wait and see on Mega Man and Lucas...
Since I'm back, I might as well add some of my thoughts about the upcoming new Smash Bros. game.

1. This game likely is being handled by the same staff as Smash 3DS/Wii U. This is for two reasons:
- The art style and general assets and looks in the teaser were remarkably similar to the CG trailers for Smash 3DS/Wii U. The flaming Smash logo is also very similar to the start of the various 3DS/Wii U trailers.
- Smash 6 rumors began circulating around the time when DLC for Smash 3DS/Wii U was still in development. This was in 2015, so three years ago. Three years is plenty of time to develop a new game. It's likely that the staff could have been finishing development on 3DS/Wii U DLC and jumping right into the development of Smash Switch.

2. If this isn't an enhanced port, it's very likely reusing plenty of assets from the previous game. It being developed by the same staff, as rumors have suggested, likely means a lot of content could be recycled. Think about how Splatoon 2 has plenty of reused assets from Splatoon 1 and likely runs in the same engine. Could be a similar case here, especially if the same staff at Bandai Namco is developing this title. Would make development much swifter and, as a result, less prone to cut content and other complications.

3. As shown in the teaser, Link is now sporting his Breath of the Wild look, which suggests that characters might have been changed once more. The gameplay may have seen some adjustments as well, although I don't expect a big change from the previous game.

4. The Smash Ballot was held in 2015 roughly around the same time this new title may have started development concurrently with the last batches of Smash 3DS/Wii U content, namely Bayonetta, who was chosen from the ballot. This game's newcomers are very likely to be heavily influenced from the ballot submissions, so we may expect some neat surprises. However, Sakurai is still directing, so an odd ball will very likely be thrown at us as well.

5. Expect the return of Ice Climbers. =P

Anyway, it's good to be back. Sakurai's wild ride may have taken a roughly two year break, but we board on the hype train once more. I expect this speculation period to be much shorter than any Smash speculation before.This might be the first game in the series to be announced in the same year as its release.
This is a really neat post. I'm leaning more towards a port now. An strongly enchanced port but still a port. It might even get a new name but it could just be "Super Smash Bros. for Switch".
Each Smash game represents a unique point in my life. 64 was when I really started getting into gaming. Plus, I was just hitting puberty and thinking “hey, girls are cute.” Melee was when I was as thinking about my future but more concern with hanging out with my buddies. Didn’t think much about my future except on how to perfect wave dashing with my friends. Brawls release was the day I broke up with my ex-fiancé and called off the wedding. The bachelor party was to be a Brawl tournament. Still had it but it was a singles party instead. Smash 4 came out after I came to Japan and when my then-girlfriend and I had our first year of living together. Little Mac came out the day we were legally married. And finally, this new Smash comes 6 months after the birth of our daughter.

Smash is an all-consuming entity that permeates my existence.
This is also the story of my life. Heck, my earliest memories was playing Yoshi's Story. I've been a Nintendo fan since my first memories and expect to be one until the day Idie.
im more than happy to jump on the hype wagon just for old times sake

But honestly, the date and manner of presentation could potentially point it to being an enhanced port since that seems to be the rage recently. It also makes sense considering Smash 4 still isn’t that old.

But it could also be an entirely new game.

Orrrrrrrrr....and just hear me out......we could be getting both an ehanced port of Wii U as well as an entirely new game.
I'm going to need elaboration on the last one. That seems incredibly unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:

carnerd3000

Smash Rookie
If the engine is very similar to 4's then I think most veterans will stay. The only characters I think are probably gonna go are Ryu and Cloud simply because they had a lot less content in the game than the other third party characters possibly hinting at a stricter deal. As for the roster itself, here are my predictions.

Everyone from Smash 4 (excluding Ryu and Cloud) +

Ice Climbers
They were only cut from 4 because of 3DS hardware limitations and they even had a crowd chant so they were likely finished. I'm certain they're coming back.

Wolf

Probably the strangest omission at the end of Smash 4's DLC. While I thought the absence of Snake and the Ice Climbers was more noticeable, Wolf felt like the easiest character to bring over but nothing came of it. I'm fairly confident he'll get his chance this time.

Inklings

Confirmed

Decidueye

I try not to take too much stock in patterns but Decidueye would complete the Smash starter triangle with Gren and Zard and he's one of the more popular Pokemon from gen 7.

Rex & Pyra/Mythra

There is so much moveset potential here and since we don't have to worry about the 3DS I'm sure the Switch can handle having another character in the background. The game may have only come out recently but the developers would have had knowledge of the characters and what they do a long time ago.

Springman or Twintelle

Springman is the obvious pick but Twintelle is a fan favourite. It's a new franchise so Nintendo will want to promote it in any way they can.

K.Rool

Heavily requested during the ballot and still has his fans now. The DK series could do with another rep

Dr.Eggman or Tails

I think Sonic has been in enough Smash games now where he could get away with a second rep. Eggman would give us another villain and they can be creative with his moveset while Tails could also be implemented in an interesting way.

Bomberman

I doubt Snake is ever coming back for various reasons and Bomberman makes a lot of sense as a new Konami rep. He's fairly recognizable and has a game on the Switch already.

Rayman

From what I can remember, Rayman was considered for 4 but was dropped at some point. He's still being requested a lot so I think he has a chance.

Crash Bandicoot

This would cause meltdowns on the level of Megaman and Cloud and the N.Sane trilogy just so happened to be announced for the Switch a few hours ago.

Fiora
With three Xenoblade games out now and a limited number of new characters to add I just cant see her making the cut. Elma has a much higher chance of making the base roster and I even have my doubts about her making it.

Any other Xenoblade 2 Driver + Blade duo

There's so much you could do with these characters but while Xenoblade 2 has sold well, the series is still small in comparison to Nintendo's juggernaut IPs so I can't really see there being more than 2 slots open for it.

Skull Kid

At this point I feel like Skull Kid has missed his chance since he's quite an old villain. The only things that give me hope are the 3DS remake of Majora's mask and the fact that he was an assist trophy in the previous game.

Masked Man

Probably my most wanted character but sadly also the least likely. Mother as a series is dead and Lucas only just scraped into Smash 4.

Magolor

My favourite Kirby villain but like many others on this list, I feel like he's missed his chance. I'm also not sure how they would implement him into the game.

Banjo & Kazooie

I'm only humoring this because Phil Spencer said it was possible during the ballot. I'm really not expecting anything to happen though.
I agree on Wolf and the Ice Climbers coming back. I feel like it would be unlikely any characters would get removed, but I still don't know if this is a updated port or a flat out new game.

And if I could pick an unlikely character I'd want to see, it would be Ratchet and Clank.

So do y'all think we're going to be able to act like adults and not rip each other apart or are we going to back to being ravenous animals? Maybe we can at least try?

who am I trying to kid
:061:

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman

Here is a closer/enhanced version of the screenshot I found. Closer inspection seemed like the're looking towards the smash logo rather than the Inklings themselves.

Hope this helps some point out various characters we're still unsure of.
Could be totally off, of course, but this is what I'm seeing so far (left to right):
Yoshi
Pit
DK
Diddy, I guess hanging on to DK or something (looks like his baseball cap with the bill pointing toward the logo next to Peach's head)
Peach
Ness
Marth
Mario
Link
Luigi
Sheik
Pikachu
Samus
Kirby (behind Samus)
Ike (??? Only guessing Ike because I think there may be left shoulder armour there, but dang, it's pretty hard to figure out...)
(??? Is that a character or just a combination of flames and Bowser's back?)
Bowser
Fox
Captain Falcon
Wario

It's kind of interesting to me that Sheik and Samus seem pretty clear to be there, but I don't see anyone that stands out as being Zelda or ZSS, not that that actually means anything in the end.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I realized today that I'll never love anyone as much as I love Sakurai.

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
I squealed like a pig when the trailer came on.

Anyway, I think you guys are overthinking this. When it says original game, it probably refers to the original version of the game, meaning its likely a game in the same vein as Pokken DX or MK8 DX. Cool new logo though, and I'm expecting at least 3 new characters, as well as veterans.

Greninja isn't being cut, you can kind of see his head next to DK in the trailer.

Get this:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I squealed like a pig when the trailer came on.

Anyway, I think you guys are overthinking this. When it says original game, it probably refers to the original version of the game, meaning its likely a game in the same vein as Pokken DX or MK8 DX. Cool new logo though, and I'm expecting at least 3 new characters, as well as veterans.

Greninja isn't being cut, you can kind of see his head next to DK in the trailer.

Get this:
The lack of Rosalina's presence does seem troubling though.

Not really.

There is only so much room, and you would need like 5 Mario characters to fir her in.

Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, and then Rosalina would go in at the earliest. Not worth putting so many characters from one series for your reveal trailer that is supposed to show variety more than any other part.
:061:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
look man i just want bike man
i've had to stick with this guy for a year new i needed to do something with the thread

who are you new people how much has changed? am i still me? i hope so.

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Roster predictions are going to be tough this time as apart from an Arms and Xenoblade 2 rep, I don't see any obvious inclusions. It just goes to show how great Smash 4's roster really was.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, it'd make more sense to hype the most known vets since Melee. What's more notable is they kept it to 1 Pokemon and Jigglypuff isn't in there(she's probably returning). We don't see any Smash 4 Newcomers if those outlines are true.

Most of it is the original cast plus some blatant Melee vets people expect. Since Ice Climbers were cut, it makes sense to not list them in the "obviously returning vets" section that this implies.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I don’t think Rosalina is going anywhere. She’s popular in both the Super Mario franchise, and Smash franchise. She’s unique too with her puppetry fighting. I think she’ll be back. They can’t just show everyone from the get-go. Gotta leave something to the imagination.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that a new Smash Switch trailer at E3 2018 is practically guaranteed.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've forgotten, was Smash 4 announced with a trailer, or was it just one of those "hey, this game exists!" type of announcements?
The initial announcement was basically "hey, there's a new Smash Bros. game being made, and it's coming out for the Wii U and 3DS," from what I recall. I'm not sure if it was that one or Brawl where Sakurai wasn't even aware of it until Iwata made the announcement.

EDIT: Video here: https://youtu.be/eoKJJ0af5uA?t=726

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This. I also expect at least one newcomer, probably multiple to further hype the game.

This makes me wonder, will they just unlock the entire roster from the start if this is a port?

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Oh god yeah. 100%. If it is truly coming out in 2018, we’ll get more than a trailer featuring a few newcomers. We’ll get gameplay, and some details for sure with the announcement of a specialized direct later on.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This. I also expect at least one newcomer, probably multiple to further hype the game.

This makes me wonder, will they just unlock the entire roster from the start if this is a port?
I hope so.
60+ roster is something I don't want to go through the trouble of unlocking. That's a lot of stuff.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Back to smash speculation, how I have missed thee.
I'm just hoping that Cloud, Mewtwo, Shulk, Roy (not the Koopaling) and Bowser Jr. are still in. Not as worried about Roy, Mewtwo and Shulk, it's more Bowser Jr. and Cloud that I am. Especially Cloud. Say what you will with pocket Cloud and all that, I just love that Cloud got into Smash, his moveset and I hope he sees another day on the Nintendo Switch version.
If another third party is added, I could see Bomberman or Crash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not really. All of those characters are longtime series staples and/or protagonists of their series, of which Rosalina is not.

Keep in mind no Smash 4 characters seem to be present.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh boy, back on this train again. I'm not sure I was ready for Mr. Sakurai's wild ride.
This will probably be the Smash Bros. installment where I'm keeping my newcomer thoughts to a mere minimum, especially if (nearly) every fighter from Smash 3DS / Wii U happens to return.

D

Deleted member

I literally changed my avatar because of this trailer, but it was worth it.
Get this:
I might know who the remaining two are.
The one in the middle of Samus and Bowser is Ike.
Ike is about Samus's size in Smash for Wii U, and plus I see the badana and all. I think this could potentially be Ike and I do see a sword that looks like it would be Ike's sword.
awwa - Copy.jpg

The one in the middle of Donkey Kong and Peach is confusing.... I honestly have no idea but we know that it looks a little taller than Peach.
I think it could be Mewtwo, because those ears look similar to Mewtwo and the size is pretty accurate, as Mewtwo is smaller than Donkey Kong but taller than Peach in Smash 4.
awwa - Copy (2).jpg

I tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom