• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
If you guys want to know some of the inconsistencies of the 4chan leak, we made a video at SG outlining the flaws it had.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I just made a few pics of the switch playing smash, and the vid. Idk who the 4chan guy is
Oh... so you're the guy from iFunny, right? I thought you was the leaker from 4chan.

Well, to me that's still up in the air. Hopefully this another guy also manifest himself.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
if was indeed made by you, I'm glad you showed up. (also gladier that wasn't that TheBitBlock guy.. he doesn't deserve any recognition)
Josh Thomas? He doesn't really do leak type stuff though, so I don't see how he would come up even if we we're still trying to figure out who made the "leaks". I'm actually kind of surprised no one suspected Artsy Omni again, though I guess he has little reason to try something like this again now that he's got the Smashified channel.

Overall, props to the guy(s) that made them. Even if few people bought into it and they ended up being debunked pretty quickly, the images still looked pretty good.

Now we just need to wait on someone who's willing to go to the lengths of making mock-up gameplay. That'll probably be what it takes to get people to believe another leak. After Omni, it's what it'll take for me at least. :p

Luminario

Smash Lord
Well guys, it's a fake. Sorry for the ppl who believed it (basically no one) I was messing around in photoshop, and then my friend suggested I should post it since it looked kind of real, but you guys have good eyes.

Thank you all I guess lol?
How dya do the video though? Was I right was it Youtube through Switch?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I understand that we like speculation, but I don't understand why we praise leakers here, and give them a bunch of attention. It's always the same thing too: "Haha, sorry for those who believed it". No offense meant to the person who made it (if it is the random person posting here) I just think the more we give attention to the fake leakers, the more fake leaks we're going to see (And most of them are not going to be even slightly believable, so it'll get annoying very fast)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I understand that we like speculation, but I don't understand why we praise leakers here, and give them a bunch of attention. It's always the same thing too: "Haha, sorry for those who believed it". No offense meant to the person who made it (if it is the random person posting here) I just think the more we give attention to the fake leakers, the more fake leaks we're going to see (And most of them are not going to be even slightly believable, so it'll get annoying very fast)
Well, how about a fun challenge. For every fake leak we get and is disproved(by us or the leaker admitting it), you eat a shoe. With jalapenos only. :3

Tokaii

Smash Rookie
How dya do the video though? Was I right was it Youtube through Switch?
Ehhh not really, since I knew some people would analyze the heck out of it and search every possible smash video, I just took the video from my own Wii U, and practiced the movement to match the clip. Then I just layered the Wii U clip on the switch with the joycon playing basically nothing. Ya that's pretty much it. I never expected to get this much attention, I fee a little proud of myself to think my photoshopping levels are good enough to a point where people actually believe it. Thank you all tbh

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
I hope you enjoyed your attention from internet strangers.

Anyways, i've cooked up a hair-brained theory that i'd like to share with all of you.

So, there's rumors of a Pokken port coming to the Switch. Most likely, it's gonna be a ''Complete'' edition, which means it'll have four Pokemon that are in Japanese arcades but not the Wii U.

One of these pokemon, is Scizor..

Scizor comes from a generation that's only playable representation thus far has been Pichu, a clone who's been cut for ages now. It has Mega Evolution, so it already has built-in Final Smash. Also, it is a gaint metal bug that stands on two feet, and has pincer hands. Perfect fit. Scizor is also, as I mentioned, one of the four pokemon who'd hypothetically be added in a Pokken Switch port., so he could promote said port by being in.

TLDR: They MIGHT add Scizor in Smash Switch so they can promote''Super Pokken Tournament The New Challengers'' or whatever they call it.

D

Deleted member

Implying a Switch Port of Pokken will only have the four fighters from the arcade that the Wii U version didn't add for some reason despite having effect data for them added.

Also implying that Smash would go for a Johto Pokémon out of all options solely because Johto doesn't have a playable fighter in Smash (anymore).

We've had multiple opportunities for a Pokémon being added in Smash to promote Pokken in some way. Machamp, Blaziken, Pikachu Libre, Shadow Mewtwo, etc.
What makes this any more likely than before?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So what happens when one of the leaks is valid? We bury our heads in the sand?

I'd praise this last leaker if only for the fact that that Paper Mario stage looked pretty gorgeous.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
We haven't seen a good fake like this one in a while. I'd say this is worthy of some applause.

Plus, like N3ON said, that Paper Mario stage looked amazing.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
So it's fake, but what I find odd is that they still haven't said how it was confirmed fake. Just that a reliable source said it was. Do they have info on the actual Smash Switch game and can't disclose it, or do they just simply know who created the fake leak?

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So what happens when one of the leaks is valid? We bury our heads in the sand?

I'd praise this last leaker if only for the fact that that Paper Mario stage looked pretty gorgeous.
No, I'm saying we discuss leaks, but when it's confirmed fake, we move on. Like when Omni revealed he was the faker, I understand why people were complimenting him, but then after that we had a lot of copy cats because he got so much attention for his fake Rayman leak, and others wanted in. And 99% of those were not nearly as good, and simply became annoying. That's all. I agree that the stage looked good though, I guess I was more just commenting on a trend in the leaks thread that I don't understand.

D

Deleted member

The fake Sma4sh leak yeah figured it was fake, but I guess that's not surprising, Well E3 is almost here anyway so we'll, hopefully get something then.

D

Deleted member

Besides, now that Breath of the Wild has been released, Nintendo will need stuff to keep the Switch momentum going strong, and nothing helps that more than new games that people will discuss deeply about.

So, I'll say the odds of there being a Smash announcement for Switch will be, oh, 65%.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not just about "giving a chance to shine", it's about timing of development too. Inklings didn't come at the right time for it. ARMS characters probably did. Now that Splatoon 2 is active, and they likely have more development time, Inklings are far easier to throw in(the biggest issue with them is what kind of gimmick and gameplay will work out, of course. One thing to keep in mind isn't just the kind of gimmick alone, but how to implement it in a balanced manner that works well).

As noted, things aren't black and white. I mean, you think Wolf would've still made it in, but he likely missed the window due to SFZ's constant delays. Or maybe there's something more to in than that. Or maybe Sakurai didn't feel Wolf was necessary. Who knows.

Luminario

Smash Lord
People said the same thing about the Inklings, but I still wish they made it in Smash 4.
I think they mean they want ARMS to not have to compete with Smash Switch hype, seeing as it's releasing days after E3, and announcing Smash then might take its target demographic and make it less desirable for people who would wait for the next Smash. So far ARMS in the only party fighting game (that I can think of, not including street fighter) with a close enough release date so they could decide to hold off on any Smash news to maximise sales on their new IP.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I think they mean they want ARMS to not have to compete with Smash Switch hype, seeing as it's releasing days after E3, and announcing Smash then might take its target demographic and make it less desirable for people who would wait for the next Smash. So far ARMS in the only party fighting game (that I can think of, not including street fighter) with a close enough release date so they could decide to hold off on any Smash news to maximise sales on their new IP.
Oh oops yeah I think you're right.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I also think Sakurai just has a really different way of looking at new entries than we do. It's really hard to predict why he would or wouldn't include a character. I don't always like his decisions, but overall I think he has a pretty good over arching view on his games, and knows what will and won't work. So even if the inklings and Arms people are awesome, he might just think they don't add anything. It seems like an obvious addition to most of us, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai passed them over (though since we're assuming this port is mostly being developed without him, their inclusion is probably more likely)

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I also think Sakurai just has a really different way of looking at new entries than we do. It's really hard to predict why he would or wouldn't include a character. I don't always like his decisions, but overall I think he has a pretty good over arching view on his games, and knows what will and won't work. So even if the inklings and Arms people are awesome, he might just think they don't add anything. It seems like an obvious addition to most of us, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai passed them over (though since we're assuming this port is mostly being developed without him, their inclusion is probably more likely)
I highly doubt he sees those characters as ones that don't add anything. There's no characters like even the most basic concepts for Inklings or any of the ARMS characters in the game right now.

I'm not going to claim I know better than him, but if he doesn't see the potential in them, he'd have to not even be looking.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I came to say, Smash 4 is seeming to be the most disappointing Smash to date. It almost has nothing going for it.

On to the leak topic, the Paper Mario stage to me is lame. I'd like for a Smash Paper Mario stage to take place in Glitzville from Paper Mario 2. I can imagine playing a match on the stage as the Bowser battle theme is one of the stage's themes.

Utter brilliance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The relevance meme is proved to be somewhat real. So in that case, it's an expected choice. Yet, I think ARMS is way more risky than Inkling. ARMS is potential DLC character for me, or later reveal. The game isn't even out, so there's no way of telling it'll sell. It's no Greninja situation here, cause Pokémon at least is long running.

The idea of ARMS is cute. Yet I'd rather wait it out. I honestly would be extremely disappointed if ARMS was Nintendo's main focus of E3 for example. I mean, yeah the game is cool but what else you got. I've understood the concept now, show some modes and multi player, or boss battles or whatever and I'm fine. I'm much more exited for Mario Oddysey, and well anything new. Hopefully anything Donkey Kong honestly...

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
The relevance meme is proved to be somewhat real. So in that case, it's an expected choice. Yet, I think ARMS is way more risky than Inkling. ARMS is potential DLC character for me, or later reveal. The game isn't even out, so there's no way of telling it'll sell. It's no Greninja situation here, cause Pokémon at least is long running.

The idea of ARMS is cute. Yet I'd rather wait it out. I honestly would be extremely disappointed if ARMS was Nintendo's main focus of E3 for example. I mean, yeah the game is cool but what else you got. I've understood the concept now, show some modes and multi player, or boss battles or whatever and I'm fine. I'm much more exited for Mario Oddysey, and well anything new. Hopefully anything Donkey Kong honestly...
Yeah I would be disappointed if ARMS is the reason we don't see any Smash news at E3. They're not even the same type of fighting game anyway. I played the demo but wasn't very impressed with it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So I only just found this board - late to the party - but what's everyone's general feelings?

A 'Smash for' port, or a new Smash entirely?

I think that this year the might give us the old 'we have a new game in development' spiel.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So I only just found this board - late to the party - but what's everyone's general feelings?

I think that this year the might give us the old 'we have a new game in development' spiel.
Most expect a port at best while some expect either a new game instead or both in the Switch's life cycle.

Other than the leak, we change topics from time to time. From Pokemon reps to Zelda representation.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Id prefer a port for a few main reasons:

1.splitting smash 4 between 3DS and WiiU felt a bit incomplete and a switch deluxe version could be a nice solution to that, also this fixes things like cutting ice climbers and some other technical issues they could get around.

2. Smash 4 is still a growing thriving community id rather see this iteration of smash get even more time to grow and be updated etc... rather than split up the community with more versions of smash.

3. if they started over with a brand new smash some characters will get cut, and theres a good chance we'd lose some of the third party characters due to contract issues (we're lucky we got who we have even once) and if say megaman or pacman or even ryu or cloud gets dropped i feel like its closer to if sonic did not return from brawl rather than snake (sorry metal gear fans, i like snake i just dont think hes THAT level of iconic) and such iconic video game characters being cut will make the next smash feel "less" than what we got with smash 4. I'd rather get a few more characters and keep everyone than have ANY heavy cuts but get a new game with a good amount of newcomers, just my opinion.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I miss the Pic of the Day, I hope we get something similar for the next Smash.

It was cool and interesting, like a little surprise everyday...

Except for the days I had to wait until 4 AM only to see Luigi's nose or Wii Fit Trainer's butt.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pic of the Day had nothing on DOJO updates, but I'm sure something in that vein will be back if Sakurai is still with the series. That guy is straight nuts.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Pic of the Day had nothing on DOJO updates, but I'm sure something in that vein will be back if Sakurai is still with the series. That guy is straight nuts.
And we love him for it.

Except for the days I had to wait until 4 AM only to see Luigi's nose or Wii Fit Trainer's butt.
Even if we didn't get major news everyday, I still liked some of the in between stuff. Even the random stuff like Luigi's nose. :p That said, I would prefer if it was a mix with at least a few new details once a week if they ever did something like that again.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

To be fair, some days you just need to see some WFT booty.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
To be fair, some days you just need to see some WFT booty.
The funny thing about that pic is that it was posted the day Pokemon X/Y was released or something like that, so everybody was expecting a Pokemon character reveal (at the time we had only Pikachu).

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
OMG Dojo updates! You just brought back so many memories! I remember waking up extra early before college every morning to see the updates! (And usually being disappointed lol). When new characters were revealed on there though, it was just mindblowing!! :0

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The DOJO was absolutely amazing. Nothing beat logging on and seeing a newcomer literally just standing there on the page being all like yo whatup.

Not that reveal trailers weren't hype. But DOJO gave so much information and context.

Pic of the Day thread on Smashboards was great though. Boy oh boy did we speculate every detail haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom