• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How anyone could take the time to fake these I don't know.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Honestly the idea that Sakurai would prioritize making break the target stages for every character instead of working on some new stages/characters sounds exactly like what he'd do with a deluxe version of Smash 4...

I'm not saying there won't be more new characters/stages if this is real (this is clearly not everything we'd be getting and shows at least one updated 3DS stage) but I could see Sakurai making it highly important to bring back something like break the targets and sacrificing development time that cold be better spent, feels like his unique style of biting off too much and poor decision making.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Some people have time to make entire games just so they can get that sweet sweet c&d, I'm sure others use their time to mod and photoshop smash 4 if they so please.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I mean, someone went out of their way to create a whole fake Dr.Mario stage once, and then there is stuff such as the Palutena and Rayman leaks.

Never underestimate the dedication of the Smash Bros community....

That said, if this is fake, I hope the creator will at least have the decency to release these maps as actual mods for Smash Wii U if he/she did use that.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm on #TeamReal this time. but, it's shame we're getting, possibly, legit leaks.. I'd be great to know this stuff at E3 (which I wasn't expecting Smash news at all, to be honest).

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
If this leak is a fake, I want to give mad props to whoever made those pictures.

They look so legit!
Seriously; I almost wish the people who made leaks of this caliber vetted their UI beforehand, since that alone can disprove 99% of these sorts of things. I so want that updated Paper Mario stage to be a thing now.

D

Deleted member

So far, we've seen:
-Paper Mario stage from Smash 3DS
-Split-screen Smash Tour
-Break the Targets (with at least one taken from Melee)
-Characters using updated 3DS models instead of Wii U models

But when will we see any new characters/stages? :V

EDIT: If you're going to be editing my posts, make sure you do it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So far, we've seen:
-Paper Mario stage from Smash 3DS
-Split-screen Smash Tour
-Break the Targets (with at least one taken from Melee)
-Characters using updated 3DS models instead of Wii U models
[/spoilers]

But when will we see any new characters/stages? :V
I hope we don't get anything more.. for the sake of our surprise at E3. >,<

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Updated 3DS character models might actually make sense for switch even if the system can handle the WiiU character models because the 3DS ones were made specifically with those dark outlines which made it easier to see your character on a hand held system... just sayin'

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
If this leak is a fake, I want to give mad props to whoever made those pictures.

They look so legit!
Thanks! It took me-- oops!

jk wasn't me. But for reals I've seen many very good looking screen shots that people made in just a few hours, apparently it's not as difficult as it seems.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Updated 3DS character models might actually make sense for switch even if the system can handle the WiiU character models because the 3DS ones were made specifically with those dark outlines which made it easier to see your character on a hand held system... just sayin'
That... actually makes sense.

Thanks! It took me-- oops!

jk wasn't me. But for reals I've seen many very good looking screen shots that people made in just a few hours, apparently it's not as difficult as it seems.
All you need is enough photoshop experience and voila, you can be a literal fake leak factory

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Individual Melee-style Break the Targets stages for everyone would be so awesome!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
in my opinion, if they're bringing Target Tests for Smash4, wouldn't be character specific, since there are so many now.. but rather having some of the iconic ones along with new tests, which could be accessed with any character. They were meant to be use the abilities of each character in the past, but is not impossible to complete some of them with other fighters.. like Mario's.

But if this is indeed returning, is already a bigger effort in a Smash4 port thant I ever thought they would put.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What would be a fun thing to do would be to make smash the target stages.... and also make them actual playable stages in game. They'd never see competitive use but 50+ new stages sounds good on a box blurb

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That makes sense, I thought perhaps, since the potential Switch might use assets from both games (Basically being somewhat combined) they might also mix up the two art styles together in someway. So basically the Wii U version's higher resolution models with the 3DS version's art style) The outline thing makes sense too for portable mode.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
But if this is indeed returning, is already a bigger effort in a Smash4 port thant I ever thought they would put.
Exactly! That's the biggest red flag for me. They have no need to do this. I know with Mario Kart for Switch they did some revamping, but in my opinion this is a lot of effort for something that like, what, 10% of the smash population really cares about? I almost hope it's not true, the game needs work in other places much more.

D

Deleted member

If this was for a Japanese magazine, Bowser Jr. would be Koopa Jr..

That's one thing against the leaked photos.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If this was for a Japanese magazine, Bowser Jr. would be Koopa Jr..

That's one thing against the leaked photos.
So often it's the little things that make it fall apart. Like that supposed Marshal leak.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The characters in the leaks look closer to the 3ds versions imo, so I'm on #teamfake if only for that, though I'd love it to be real. Plus people have brought up a bunch of other compelling reasons why it might not be real, not the least of which is the Eurogamer guy and apparently GameXplain being somehow able to confirm the leak is fake.

Makes me wonder what they know.

I agree! (And I remember seeing you a lot back in what I refer to as the "good ol' days) of speculation. Really hoping to see a real leak!!
If I'm not careful I'm going to become one of those "fixtures" of the Smash speculating scene! :O

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
on the one in a million chance that this isnt fake this smash will be horribly made :p
That statement reminds me how people reacted to the ESRB leak.

Photoshopped Little Mac, different sized outlines between match cards (idk what to call them, those things with the characters after the match ends), unrealistic character choices, etc... but all that turned out to be real.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
if GameXplain or any other person knows why is fake.. why they can't tell? They contacted the original creator? or they just know exactly what will be featured in the Smash4 on Switch? ..

if we don't have a concrete evidence that is fake, I don't think we should just accept that too. (the same way we shouldn't trust leaks without evidence either).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, this is a lot less believable than the ERSB leak anyway. A lot of stuff just looks entirely photoshopped/copy-pasted. Albeit, that's also possible due to re-used assets. Being a beta/alpha version of the game does make a lot of sense, though.

Bringing back Target Tests by re-using all the Melee ones and then adding more is pretty logical. Maybe Toon Link can inherit Young Link's? I'm sure some of the few Brawl ones could be re-modeled too if they wanted. There's a lot of target tests, but it's a lot more than trying to make target tests and board the platforms and race to the finish. One thing to note is that the regular Target Tests were designed to take a character's own abilities into account. The generic ones don't. That's why one is easier to do(generic), not just "cause there's a lot to make".

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On the other hand, the Wii U models do enable the eye irises to move around for most characters, especially Giga Bowser. You could always implement outlines onto the Wii U models if needed after all.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
if GameXplain or any other person knows why is fake.. why they can't tell? They contacted the original creator? or they just know exactly what will be featured in the Smash4 on Switch? ..

if we don't have a concrete evidence that is fake, I don't think we should just accept that too. (the same way we shouldn't trust leaks without evidence either).
Many people who orbit the gaming industry know confidential information from within but never disclose it, or wait until one of the leakers (who are by far the minority of those "in the know") already spill the beans. Especially if they either want to have a working relationship with the company in question or don't want to go against the wishes of their informants.

I imagine this is one of those cases.

And yes, take everything with a grain of salt, but I don't think treating leaks as "fake until proven real" or at least "proven exceeding tenable" and not vice versa really hinders anything, especially when seemingly credible sources like the aforementioned two are volunteering definitive verdicts.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Many people who orbit the gaming industry know confidential information from within but never disclose it, or wait until one of the leakers (who are by far the minority of those "in the know") already spill the beans. Especially if they either want to have a working relationship with the company in question or don't want to go against the wishes of their informants.

I imagine this is one of those cases.

And yes, take everything with a grain of salt, but I don't think treating leaks as "fake until proven real" or at least "proven exceeding tenable" and not vice versa really hinders anything, especially when seemingly credible sources like the aforementioned two are volunteering definitive verdicts.
fair enough. But is still weird we can't have a 'real' confirmation that's fake, just people saying "Yeah, my source said is fake"... Is just as fishy as someone claiming to know information and just posting a vague text on 4chan.

I hope that whoever fabricated this can be revelead soon tho.

Tokaii

Smash Rookie
Well guys, it's a fake. Sorry for the ppl who believed it (basically no one) I was messing around in photoshop, and then my friend suggested I should post it since it looked kind of real, but you guys have good eyes.

Thank you all I guess lol?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well guys, it's a fake. Sorry for the ppl who believed it (basically no one) I was messing around in photoshop, and then my friend suggested I should post it since it looked kind of real, but you guys have good eyes.

It's been a while since there's been a leak like that.

Even though it was ultimately a fake, it was fun to talk about it, so yes, thank you for making these pictures.

Now I wonder if your efforts will cause more people to create fake leaks to talk about...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

if was indeed made by you, I'm glad you showed up. (also gladier that wasn't that TheBitBlock guy.. he doesn't deserve any recognition)

D

Deleted member

You gave us something to talk about, at least. :V

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sigh, nothing ever changes.

Nothing ever will.