• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well fellas, I think I need to go to sleep now.
Have a good night/evening/morning/afternoon/day!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean...

Technically DLC doesn't have to have the same age rating as the base game. >_>
You're saying it like both Smash 4 and Ultimate added characters from M-rated games as DLC.

...wait a minute.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey. Achenia was in the code of Melee as an unfinished stage. I was just following that logic.
It was probably just a code name for a potential stage. Real stage would've been a specific place, like how Roy isn't called Emblem.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Leon Kowalski, Analysis!

Yeah so one day I got really bored and decided to write some analyses on the themes in SSBU’s adventure mode. You can check it out here. I also posted it in the Nintenzone thread when this one was closed. From then till now I added a couple minor details but for now I’d say it’s complete. I’m proud of it, and I just like analyzing things.

Also, I’m probably gonna actually beat WoL soon but I won’t NG+ until Piranha Plant and/or Joker come out. Wanna test a theory.

Speaking of DLC...

I T ‘ S H A P P E N I N G

DIRECT TIME LESGO

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Leon Kowalski, Analysis!

Yeah so one day I got really bored and decided to write some analyses on the themes in SSBU’s adventure mode. You can check it out here. I also posted it in the Nintenzone thread when this one was closed. From then till now I added a couple minor details but for now I’d say it’s complete. I’m proud of it, and I just like analyzing things.

Also, I’m probably gonna actually beat WoL soon but I won’t NG+ until Piranha Plant and/or Joker come out. Wanna test a theory.

Speaking of DLC...

I T ‘ S H A P P E N I N G

DIRECT TIME LESGO
Wait, don’t they usually do these maintenances around the time of Directs?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait, don’t they usually do these maintenances around the time of Directs?
Regardless if that's true or not, maintenance is an important thing for an online service, even if Nintendo's is pretty pisspoor in that regard as someone hacked the Splatoon 2 leaderboards with ease saying "HEY NINTENDO FIX YOUR **** THIS IS TOO EASY FOR PEOPLE TO DO"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Speaking of DLC...
So they are probably getting ready to release Piranha Plant and announce the second Fighter Pass pack. Maybe show a trailer of Joker and his moves.

Not sure if Conker would be able to play like Conker in an E10+ game...
If anything, he'd probably play more like "Slightly Insane Squirrel"
Well, Conker could play like Conker in an E10+ game if he was based on the original version. The one from Diddy Kong Racing and Conker’s Pocket Tales.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So they are probably getting ready to release Piranha Plant and announce the second Fighter Pass pack. Maybe show a trailer of Joker and his moves.
We have like zero reason to assume Second Fighter Pass will be a thing but even if it exists, isn't it way too early to reveal it?

EDIT: Pay no attention, I'm dumb.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
We have like zero reason to assume Second Fighter Pass will be a thing but even if it exists, isn't it way too early to reveal it?

EDIT: Pay no attention, I'm dumb.
Then at E3 people will expect the third fighter's pass to be announced. Then the holidays a fourth pass is on the works!

...While we're still waiting for our last character for pass 1. Betcha people still won't be happy.

(Yes I know that isn't what Arcadenik said I am doing a hypothetical)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Well, Conker could play like Conker in an E10+ game if he was based on the original version. The one from Diddy Kong Racing and Conker’s Pocket Tales.
I'd say it's still too early for our second character to be announced. We'd be lucky to get Joker gameplay tbh.

I do hope they surprise us and release the plant earlier than February though. That thing looked pretty complete on reveal already.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Becuase of all the reveals in the last few days and what some insiders have been saying, I think it's very likely that we'll get a Pokemon Direct on the 15th instead of a general one (why would they reveal that YCW trailer and the other stuff few days before a normal direct?)

D

Deleted member

Plant is gonna come out before the end of January alongside the first batch of Mii Costumes.
I just wish they could sell other type of DLC, Mii Costumes are a fun "oh hey they referenced that!" but they're, you know, Mii Costumes.
I'd pay for actual character costumes though, give me a full robot Ridley, some armors for Shulk and that crazy HW Ganondorf hairdo.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why? Smash Bros was rated Teen for Melee & Brawl. The actual reason to bump it up would be to accurately depict characters, such as Joker with his handgun (if he doesn't have it), Corrin with her exposed thighs (ooo so scandalous..ugh..nothing worse then would be seen on the beach or in ads), and allow for more character options such as Dante, 2B, Pyra & Mythra, etc.
Keeping it E10 when 21 of its characters are from Teen & Mature rated games is silly, its pretty clear that the rating won't alter sales (parents will see Mario & Pikachu and assume its safe for children, which it would be), and then in general there are so many possible series rated Teen & Mature that could be more easily brought in with a Teen rating then an E10.
This goes for the CERO rating as well, it doesn't have to be rated A for All, it could be rated B (12+) or C (15+) and still do just as well.
As a reference, Project x Zone, which was Rated B in Japan (12+) and T in North America contained scenes like this..
Of course Super Smash Bros. would never feature something so..jiggly..It could, however, get to feature something else shown in that game..

Its funny how CERO changed since they were fine with that stuff in Brawl where it was rated A just like 3DS/Wii U & Ultimate are.
The E10+ rating doesn’t hold back the likes of Dante, especially since Bayo is here, and Melee was only given the T rating since there was no E10+ back in its time (Brawl had more serious and gritty like elements than the others, some blood, some suicide, some dededepression, you know...the usual stuff)
So I was going by memory of their investors' meeting back in August where I thought they said they expected RE2 to carry their revenue through 2019, but I looked it up and I was mistaken. They expect it to carry through the fiscal year. Which makes way more sense, since their fiscal year ends in like... February? March? One of those.

It'll be interesting to see which sells better. A remake of an old Resident Evil game or an actual brand new DMC game that isn't DmC.
DmC never happened
Plant is gonna come out before the end of January alongside the first batch of Mii Costumes.
I just wish they could sell other type of DLC, Mii Costumes are a fun "oh hey they referenced that!" but they're, you know, Mii Costumes.
I'd pay for actual character costumes though, give me a full robot Ridley, some armors for Shulk and that crazy HW Ganondorf hairdo.
but the Piranha Plant code downloading stuff expires on the 31st and Smash already states he’s set to join sometime next month (the in-game news says so)

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Conker would be one of the best Smash inclusions out there, but he’s such a pipe dream that Banjo himself is still trying to be pushed of getting in.

Too M-rated for Smash? Boom :ultbayonetta::ultsnake:.

Atleast Conker is a goofy wisecracking cartoony squirrel who can incorporate slapstick and “context sensitive” into his moveset.

Just remove the swearing, alcohol, guns, and he’s good to go.

Atleast keep him around :ultwario:‘s level of crude humor.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Conker would be one of the best Smash inclusions out there, but he’s such a pipe dream that Banjo himself is still trying to be pushed of getting in.

Atleast Conker is a goofy wisecracking cartoony squirrel who can incorporate slapstick and “context sensitive” into his moveset.

His forward Smash would be him throwing up.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So... What is yall's current stance on the Erdrick-Ryu2-Steve-Doomguy leak?
Erdrick is probably in, but as much as I'd be okay with Steve and Doomguy the leak really has nothing to stand on save for piggybacking on Erdrick claims and the P5R domain registration (it also claimed P5R would be released early 2019, but in reality it's not even getting a reveal until March).

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

He could work but honestly Conker would most likely be what Microsoft's 6th choice?

Steve, Chief, and Banjo would be the top 3. Battletoads and Marcus would be below that. Then you'd have Conker with other Rare properties and Viva Pinata.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
He could work but honestly Conker would most likely be what Microsoft's 6th choice?

Steve, Chief, and Banjo would be the top 3. Battletoads and Marcus would be below that. Then you'd have Conker with other Rare properties and Viva Pinata.
Pretty sure Fulgore would beat out Conker. Terry Crews in Crackdown too

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Erdrick is probably in, but as much as I'd be okay with Steve and Doomguy the leak really has nothing to stand on save for piggybacking on Erdrick claims and the P5R domain registration (it also claimed P5R would be released early 2019, but in reality it's not even getting a reveal until March).
I'm pretty sure this leak was posted before all the Erdrick leaks and for sure before the "Brave" coding

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Just curious, what makes you say that Piranha Plant will be out this month? Wouldn’t he be available after the DLC registration deadline on Jan 31?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About the leak, which says Steve is in. Well, maybe Steve is already going to be in the game, as Piranha Plant, if you know what I mean...

"Hi, guys!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom