• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I finally beat World of Light a few days ago. I wasn't sure if I should stay away from this website because of spoilers or not but I did anyway just to be safe.

Anyway, I've now been thinking about potential single player DLC. Definitely nothing close to a completely new adventure mode the size of subspace or World of Light but I was thinking about a sort of cross between Melee's adventure mode and subspace. What that would like is a short few subspace like levels that culminate with Tabuu at the end as a callback to the Subspace Emissary. Maybe some of the bosses from subspace that didn't make it into ultimate can return as well. I don't really think single player DLC will happen but what do you guys think?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was bored. I just wanted to remind everyone my process in World of Light/Worst of Dark so far.
-
Escaped:
:ultkirby:
-
Saved:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzss::ultwario::ultsnake::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultsonic::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultlucario::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultken::ultcorrin::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultincineroar:
-
Controlled:
:ultdarksamus::ultluigi::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultpalutena::ultbowserjr::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultrichter:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was bored. I just wanted to remind everyone my process in World of Light/Worst of Dark so far.
-
Escaped:
:ultkirby:
-
Saved:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzss::ultwario::ultsnake::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultsonic::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultlucario::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultken::ultcorrin::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultincineroar:
-
Controlled:
:ultdarksamus::ultluigi::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultpalutena::ultbowserjr::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultrichter:
Looks like you're mostly in the Zelda area.

I'll give you a hint.

You missed Richter and Luigi.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Let me warn you.

Luigi is just in the twisty area but Richter is a puzzle in its own right.

Beat all the ghosties.
I kind of figured that was the case with Richter honestly.

Never the less I'm down for the challenge trying to 100% it. Back to Dracula's Castle then in that case...

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
My progress so far in WOL is that I got almost every single character but the few in the final map, heck I even did the bonus puzzles and prices as well (Well almost all of it).

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Because giving Smash a T rating in this current era of Smashing is pointless unless there’s an actual reason to bump it up
Why? Smash Bros was rated Teen for Melee & Brawl. The actual reason to bump it up would be to accurately depict characters, such as Joker with his handgun (if he doesn't have it), Corrin with her exposed thighs (ooo so scandalous..ugh..nothing worse then would be seen on the beach or in ads), and allow for more character options such as Dante, 2B, Pyra & Mythra, etc.
Keeping it E10 when 21 of its characters are from Teen & Mature rated games is silly, its pretty clear that the rating won't alter sales (parents will see Mario & Pikachu and assume its safe for children, which it would be), and then in general there are so many possible series rated Teen & Mature that could be more easily brought in with a Teen rating then an E10.
This goes for the CERO rating as well, it doesn't have to be rated A for All, it could be rated B (12+) or C (15+) and still do just as well.
As a reference, Project x Zone, which was Rated B in Japan (12+) and T in North America contained scenes like this..
Of course Super Smash Bros. would never feature something so..jiggly..It could, however, get to feature something else shown in that game..

Less restrictions in America yeah, but not everywhere else. CERO (I think that’s the name) we’re prepared to bump the rating up in Japan over some panties showing (like that’s a problem compared to other things), all of Bayonetta’s “nudeness” and probably Tharja...I bet Snake lost his *** cause of this aswell...
Its funny how CERO changed since they were fine with that stuff in Brawl where it was rated A just like 3DS/Wii U & Ultimate are.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Let me just say that this is the sickest super I've ever seen in a videogame ever.
Oh, without a doubt. Say what you will about the game, but Project x Zone 1 & 2 were some of the coolest games visually..here's all of the Specials from Project x Zone 2, which has the better ones in my opinion.
Some of my favorites are Chrom & Lucina, Chun-Li & Xiaoyu, Dante & Vergil's (the best, naturally), X & Zero, Kiryu & Majima, Kazuya & Jin, Ciel & Nana, and Kite & Haseo.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
wait...Capcom ain’t got nothing else planned for a main moneymaker this year? Just the RE series...no DMC, MM, SF, MH...AA?
So I was going by memory of their investors' meeting back in August where I thought they said they expected RE2 to carry their revenue through 2019, but I looked it up and I was mistaken. They expect it to carry through the fiscal year. Which makes way more sense, since their fiscal year ends in like... February? March? One of those.

It'll be interesting to see which sells better. A remake of an old Resident Evil game or an actual brand new DMC game that isn't DmC.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well... I slept way too much yesterday...

I finally had a run of Classic Mode earlier where I didn't die at all and got to 9.9 "legitimately", it was Rosalina's mode.

Naturally, this means Rosalina has the highest score I've gotten for Classic Mode: 1,761,890; my previous record was DK, who I got to 9.7 with but had 1,741,220 Score.

So far, I've finished Classic Mode at 9.9 with: Captain Falcon, Pichu, Lucina, Lucario and Rosalina; close calls (9.0 or higher but not 9.9) are: DK (9.7), Kirby (9.8), Pikachu (9.8), Bowser (9.2), Falco (9.8), Ganondorf (9.1), Game & Watch (9.8), Pit (9.1), Zero Suit Samus (9.5), Ike (9.6), Toon Link (9.3), Mega Man (9.3), Wii Fit Trainer (9.4), Greninja (9.7), Cloud (9.0), Ridley (9.8) and K. Rool (9.8).

I have yet to beat Classic Mode at all with: PAC-MAN, Shulk, Isabelle and Incineroar.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm bored.

The game has two type of fighters: The ones you have so save from Galeem and Dharkon. I tried to give them both equal amount of fighters, since you actually rescue most of them from Galeem. No Miis, Kirby or DLC fighters.

Light: :ultmario::ultlink::ultdk::ultsamus::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultyoshi::ultjigglypuff::ultness::ultpeach::ultzelda::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultroy::ultpichu::ultpit::ultdiddy::ultsonic::ultike::ultlucario::ulttoonlink::ultpokemontrainer::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcorrin::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultisabelle::ultchrom:

Dark: :ultluigi::ultfalcon::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultzss::ultwario::ultsnake::ultwolf::ultkingdedede::ultrob::ultolimar::ultlucas::ultvillager::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultrobin::ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultridley::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultrichter::ultken::ultincineroar:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Man, I really wish I could actually understand them half the time. They've really gone downhill since Brawl.
All I hear is garbled high-pitched demonic shrieking for most of them.
*Crowd chants Kremling Krew for K. Rool*

Okay, can we appreciate how freaking amazing that is? 'Cause that's freaking amazing.
Officially the best crowd chant.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Well, unless there are multiple language options that I'm not aware of, America (and Canada) IS where much of the concentration of English speakers are...
Well I'd Imagine England to have a lot of English-speakers?
And English is taught very well in most European countries because it's such a prominent language. You can expect any Dutch 13yo to at least understand English at the level we're using it here.

Not that it's an issue or anything, I just didn't realize it.

Now cue the No-you-don't-speak-English-that's-American jokes

osby

Smash Obsessed
And English is taught very well in most European countries because it's such a prominent language. You can expect any Dutch 13yo to at least understand English at the level we're using it here.

USA is a lot bigger than UK.

Plus, even if you know English well, it doesn't mean you'll use it in your free time.

KMDP

Smash Legend

USA is a lot bigger than UK.

Plus, even if you know English well, it doesn't mean you'll use it in your free time.
A relevant video for your perusal.

D

Deleted member

I’ve actually found a number of the people here to be Australian like me, but you wouldn’t know it because of my accent. I sound sort of British, but with a less pronounced accent, y’know?
It’s relatively late here, though, so I doubt that many of the Australian users would be present.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’ve actually found a number of the people here to be Australian like me, but you wouldn’t know it because of my accent. I sound sort of British, but with a less pronounced accent, y’know?
It’s relatively late here, though, so I doubt that many of the Australian users would be present.
I'm not familiar with Australian accent, so even if I hear it, I'd probably thought you have British accent. :grin:

That reminds me: People assume I'm European or American a lot, even thought I have no accent at all.

D

Deleted member

I'm not familiar with Australian accent, so even if I hear it, I'd probably thought you have British accent. :grin:

That reminds me: People assume I'm European or American a lot, even thought I have no accent at all.
If you were to come to Australia, you’d be able to distinguish the two immediately.
I don’t really like Australia.
That’s how I’d describe my accent: none.
:reverse:

Last edited by a moderator:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
So... What is yall's current stance on the Erdrick-Ryu2-Steve-Doomguy leak?

Oh and since the topic is kinda up, I'm from Poland and it's about 1:30 pm over here.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm leaning towards it being fake, but I'm hoping that it's real, because it has some very nice picks...
In fact, I don't think there's a single character in that "leak" that I dislike

KMDP

Smash Legend
I consider it too early to make that kind of claim.

Erdrick and Steve are characters who have been talked about for months now, and Ryu Hayabusa is a well known figure of the NES era, same with Doomguy and mid-90s PC gaming.

Those are all "logical" character picks, but the thing is Joker wasn't a "logical" character pick, that's why noone saw him coming (hur hur).

We don't even know if "Brave" refers to Erdrick, the only reason people think that is because, as I said before, "Square/DQ Rep" is something that has been talked about for months at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Frankly, I’m impartial.
I don’t particularly care about the leak itself, nor do I not want anyone to get into Smash.
I’m generally happy with whoever shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom