• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Keep in mind, Brave's speed and weight being similar to Young Link's does not necessarily mean the character will have a small body type. Mewtwo has a light weight and he's one of the larger fighters in the game. In fact, Brave's size is categorized as "fighter_size_medium", which is the same categorization as Joker.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
It's not stretching. Agumon is a symbol of bravery/courage in-universe. Whenever there's something related to bravery in Digimon, you can always expect Agumon or one of his digievolutions to ve involved. The Crest of Courage along the other crests are a plot point in Digimon. The Brave Shield is part of WarGreymon's body, and it bears Crest of Courage.

"Brave" fits Agumon as much as it fits Erdrick tbh.
It's stretching because now all of a sudden darts are being thrown at Agumon because of arbitrary reasons. I can get wanting a character to be in, but deluding yourself like this isn't very wise.

The one problem with Agumon being in Smash for me is the music .

Can anyone name a good music track from the Digimon games? Most of then are pretty forgetabble. The only one I can think of is the battle theme from Digimon world dawn on DS.

That was a pretty good track.
The Digimon World games have great soundtracks, there's also Digimon Rumble Arena. But I'm mostly speaking from personal experience, the only Digimon games i've played were Digimon World 1, 4, and Rumble Arena

KMDP

Smash Legend
"Brave" is literally what the Japanese word used to name the typical Hero in DQ translates to.

It's not a "symbol", it's a name.
Which means Erdrick would be even more on the nose.
Based Smashboards, still giving me ads to preorder Pokemon Let's Go games.
:079:

Can anyone name a good music track from the Digimon games? Most of then are pretty forgetabble. The only one I can think of is the battle theme from Digimon world dawn on DS.

Here's some great Digimon music from the games.
Accentier

Digital Wars

The Royal Knights

The Anticipated New World

Terror
Yes, I'm aware most of them are from Cyber Sleuth.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Keep in mind, Brave's speed and weight being similar to Young Link's does not necessarily mean the character will have a small body type. Mewtwo has a light weight and he's one of the larger fighters in the game. In fact, Brave's size is categorized as "fighter_size_medium", which is the same categorization as Joker.
To be fair, Brave's size is 13, the same as Ness's; however, the sizes have also been shown to be inconsistent, with Ridley and Samus both at 18, Bowser at 24, and K. Rool at 21.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I'm a Graizen alt.
You're a Graizen alt.
We are ALL Graizen alts on this blessed day.
Hey man, I may not have cared about Digimon for like 17 years, but when I did care, I was Agumon for Halloween, so if Agumon gets added, I'll buy another Agumon costume and wear it the day he comes out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Watch the song list for Agumon be 15 different variants of the Digimon anime theme (including the oh so classic Digirap from the movie)

I wish we could get the original Pokémon anime theme into Smash in one form or another.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wish we could get some of the anime music. At least the original Digivolution theme is universal now(I don't think that was Braveheart, though. I forget the name of the one that was used in Tri worldwide).
I'm pretty sure Brave Heart was used in the Tri dub, not that I've seen it to be 100% sure.

Brave Heart is, at the very least, one of the few Digimon Anime Image songs to make it to the games (through the Wonderswan titles and the PSP Digimon Adventure game).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty sure Brave Heart was used in the Tri dub, not that I've seen it to be 100% sure.

Brave Heart is, at the very least, one of the few Digimon Anime Image songs to make it to the games (through the Wonderswan titles and the PSP Digimon Adventure game).
Was that the one used for when they digivolve? Cause that's what I'm asking about.

...Though one of my favorite Japanese ones is Card Slash. Especially the version I heard that was part of an actual episode. Including some of the Digimon saying Shinka.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Which means Erdrick would be even more on the nose.
Not to the people making the codename, considering it's a direct translation into an English word. Had Erdrick not been in the rumor mill, I'd imagine there'd be far less people trying to attribute that codename to a DQ character to begin with. What would be on the Nose is Yuusha.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Watch the song list for Agumon be 15 different variants of the Digimon anime theme (including the oh so classic Digirap from the movie)

I wish we could get the original Pokémon anime theme into Smash in one form or another.
Weeeell...
Was that the one used for when they digivolve? Cause that's what I'm asking about.

...Though one of my favorite Japanese ones is Card Slash. Especially the version I heard that was part of an actual episode. Including some of the Digimon saying Shinka.
Yes.

Brave Heart is the Evolution theme for Digimon Adventure.

I like most of the Evolution themes, with the Adventure themes (Brave Heart, Break Up and Target), Believer and Tagiru Chikara edging out the top spots.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I dunno if I should be more impressed that you found this or how quickly you brought this up...

almost like you had it on standby
You underestimate my power!

Pokémon Pinball was one of my favourite games as a kid. :laugh:

Literally all I had to do watch search Youtube for "Catch 'Em theme for Blue Field" and I found it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You underestimate my power!

Pokémon Pinball was one of my favourite games as a kid. :laugh:

Literally all I had to do watch search Youtube for "Catch 'Em theme for Blue Field" and I found it.
Clearly I misjudged you.

Still I doubt many people would accept that version of the anime theme in Smash.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Clearly I misjudged you.

Still I doubt many people would accept that version of the anime theme in Smash.
I think Pokémon Pinball is literally the only time Mezase Pokémon Master has ever made it to video games in any form.

To be honest, they should have had at least that song in Smash by now, considering all the anime references there already are in Smash even as far back as 64.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
@fleshdude.gov that still doesn't explain the sliding and vergeben has already basically deconfirmed sora as being the next dlc character

its 100% slime /s
Can we please stop treating Vergeben as being 100% correct..every other game he's leaked for has had at least one or two completely incorrect leaks as part of the overall correct package, especially once it came to DLC which wasn't completely decided, as far as we know, until sometime after the base roster.
Vergeben still hasn't been right about Minecraft content, which he seemed to imply was in the base game and only other leaks even slightly hint at for DLC and he didn't know exactly which Sun & Moon Pokémon was in the game, implying he doesn't know everything.
Sora also isn't a Square-Enix character, so of course he wouldn't the Square-Enix rep..

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think Pokémon Pinball is literally the only time Mezase Pokémon Master has ever made it to video games in any form.

To be honest, they should have had at least that song in Smash by now, considering all the anime references there already are in Smash even as far back as 64.
I mean I know it’s not from the games but it’s such an iconic part of the series, I think you’d be hard pressed to find someone who hasn’t heard it before

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

As mentioned before the recent Digimon games have had a good number of tracks, with the Cyber Sleuth games in particular having a number of battle themes that would be easy to use in Smash. So even if we can't get fan favorites like Butterfly or Brave Heart, we still would be able to look forward to themes like Machinedramon's battle theme and Confront the Enemy.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I could of swooorn he was owned by SE

welp, Now I know a bit more then what I knew before
Yes, Disney owns him. But they pretty much let Square do whatever the hell they want with the character. They don't have a tight leash on KH like they do with other stuff they own.

KMDP

Smash Legend
As mentioned before the recent Digimon games have had a good number of tracks, with the Cyber Sleuth games in particular having a number of battle themes that would be easy to use in Smash. So even if we can't get fan favorites like Butterfly or Brave Heart, we still would be able to look forward to themes like Machinedramon's battle theme and Confront the Enemy.
Link for people who haven't heard them.
Machinedramon Battle Theme
Confront the Enemy
And some more awesome music from the recent Digimon games.

Next Order Battle Theme #2
Something Eroding
Final Phase
Cyber Duel

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Square Enix owns Kingdom Hearts like Platinum Games owns Bayonetta.

In that they don't.
Atleast both get to benefit from something out of owning those series

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Obviously, Vergeben has the highest Luck stat of any leaker ever.

Either that or he's Nagito Komaeda.
The despair of character deconfirmations is just a
STEPPING STONE FOR HYPE.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Been a little behind on leaks/rumors.

Is the January 10th Direct rumor linked with the Smash DLC rumor with Erdrick,Steve,Ryu, and Doomguy or is it separate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom