• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
What character announcement would top your favorite newcomer for Smash 4?

I ask because I'm not sure anything tops Robin, although Inklings came close.
A lot actually. Bandana Dee, Rex, and Ashley come to mind. Would all top my current favorite of Rosalina.

But if you want someone who would really top it and probably make me start screaming. That would be Nia.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

If Edward Falcon or Wang Tang from Power Stone, Breloom, or Lip were announced as newcomers would have me beyond hyped.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Well, I got my most wanted 1st and 3rd party in Smash 4, but their announcements were both odd. Pac Man was announced to the public by a random pic of the day, and boy when I woke up I was taken for a wild ride. I had exams the day he got announced, it was really hard to pull myself together and ignore the hype. Bowser Jr, my most wanted 1st party, was leaked before he was revealed. Oh, and the game came out before his announcement trailer.

I think both reveals can be topped. A K. Rool or Banjo reveal would make me shout to the heavens with hype, and this is cheating kinda since he isn't a newcomer, but Snake would top any reveal trailer on my hype scale.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
If Edward Falcon or Wang Tang from Power Stone, Breloom, or Lip were announced as newcomers would have me beyond hyped.
A Power Stone character would be sweet in Smash since I love the first 2 games so much! The series is sort of like Smash Bros where (specifically in Power Stone 2)you pick up items and jump through platforms but in a 3D environmental area. But sadly, its relevancy is slim to dust now.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
What if we got console trophies? For example in the Trophy Gallery there was an entire category dedicated to consoles and it had the Gamecube, NES, and Virtual Boy to name a few! Maybe even pay homage to Sega's days in the console wars and have a Genesis trophy!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Characters more likely than you think: #5
Character: Simon Belmont
Universe: Castlevania
Debut: Castlevania (1986)

Simon Belmont's History:
Simon Belmont debuted in the 1986 Nintendo Entertainment System title: Castlevania. A game that would become essential and impossible not to reference in the subject of classic NES games, music, and of course, characters.

Both Simon and his game would become undeniably iconic in the world of video games.

Other Games:
Simon has a history on Nintendo systems and as a result he's some times given the title of a Nintendo character. He returned in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest for NES and Super Castlevania IV for SNES.

Here are a list of Simon Belmont's appearances.
  • Castlevania
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Castlevania Chronicles
  • DreamMix TV World Fighters
  • Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  • Castlevania Judgement
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
What makes Simon Unique?:
Simon's whip is unique in many ways. For one, this would make Simon one of the first characters to have EIGHT directional attacks. Ground and aerial. Another unique feature is the physics of his whip, which he can manipulate while idle.

Simon has other weapons at his disposal.
6.jpg

• Stopwatch - Stops time. Possibly fit for a Final Smash.
  • Dagger - Main projectile
  • Axe - Arching projectile with multiple hits
  • Holy Water - Causes a fire
  • Boomerang - Self explanatory
Wii U/3DS Era:
Simon Belmont's last appearance was in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate for 3DS in 2013. Although it is not the same Simon Belmont.

Verdict:
Castlevania is one of the most popular video game franchises of all time. Simon Belmont, one of the most popular video game characters. With so many popular third party games like Street Fighter and Final Fantasy, it's feasible to see Castlevania on the horizon as it is closely associated with the Famicom era, much like Final Fantasy was.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
As much as I'd like to see Simon in Smash someday (same with plenty of other people), I'm not too sure if Sakurai is on good terms with Konami after what they did with Kojima, who we know to be a good friend of Sakurai. If it weren't for all of that bs with Konami, I'd definitely support his inclusion in Smash Bros.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
A Power Stone character would be sweet in Smash since I love the first 2 games so much! The series is sort of like Smash Bros where (specifically in Power Stone 2)you pick up items and jump through platforms but in a 3D environmental area. But sadly, its relevancy is slim to dust now.
It's very unfortunate, especially since I got into Power Stone and Smash around the same time, somewhat helped by the fact that they came out about a month apart from one another. Power Stone isn't all that significant to Capcom or Nintendo at all, but I'd absolutely love to see a PS character in Smash. But I've already made peace with the fact that most of my wanted characters have little to no chance of happening lol.

Still, there's a chance of Spring Man (and possibly Twintelle or Dr. Coyle) down the line at some point in Smash.

Troykv

Smash Master

They're two characters... but it's mostly one.

Micaiah! <3

I would love so much to have her in the game, I know I would like her style whereas she is glassy or defensive.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
We should get more DK characters like Lanky because he has no style, he has no grace but this Kong has a funny face!

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Characters more likely than you think: #5
Character: Simon Belmont
Universe: Castlevania
Debut: Castlevania (1986)

Simon Belmont's History:
Simon Belmont debuted in the 1986 Nintendo Entertainment System title: Castlevania. A game that would become essential and impossible not to reference in the subject of classic NES games, music, and of course, characters.

Both Simon and his game would become undeniably iconic in the world of video games.

Other Games:
Simon has a history on Nintendo systems and as a result he's some times given the title of a Nintendo character. He returned in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest for NES and Super Castlevania IV for SNES.

Here are a list of Simon Belmont's appearances.
  • Castlevania
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Castlevania Chronicles
  • DreamMix TV World Fighters
  • Castlevania Judgement
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
What makes Simon Unique?:
Simon's whip is unique in many ways. For one, this would make Simon one of the first characters to have EIGHT directional attacks. Ground and aerial. Another unique feature is the physics of his whip, which he can manipulate while idle.

Simon has other weapons at his disposal.
View attachment 142190
  • Stopwatch - Stops time. Possibly fit for a Final Smash.
  • Dagger - Main projectile
  • Axe - Arching projectile with multiple hits
  • Holy Water - Causes a fire
  • Boomerang - Self explanatory
Wii U/3DS Era:
Simon Belmont's last appearance was in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate for 3DS in 2013. Although it is not the same Simon Belmont.

Verdict:
Castlevania is one of the most popular video game franchises of all time. Simon Belmont, one of the most popular video game characters. With so many popular third party games like Street Fighter and Final Fantasy, it's feasible to see Castlevania on the horizon as it is closely associated with the Famicom era, much like Final Fantasy was.
Do one on my boy Phoenix Wright

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
We should get more DK characters like Lanky because he has no style, he has no grace but this Kong has a funny face!
I'm more of a Chunky guy myself. He maybe the last member of the DK Crew but some say he can make a Kremling cry out for Mummy.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
And you know I kinda want Dedede to have his anime voice! Why? So we can hear him say how he needs a monster to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And you know I kinda want Dedede to have his anime voice! Why? So we can hear him say how he needs a monster to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!
If you want that voice so bad, you'd better get it with a money back guarantee! Ha, see what I did there?

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
Ok now that I think about it we need Mach Rider for the sole purpose of bringing the final "chick disguised as a dude" character from Nintendo! XD

We got Samus, Sheik and Lucina all we need is Mach Rider!

StormC

Smash Hero

K. Rool. Ridley sorta. I wanted Mega Man more for 4 than Ridley, but the reveal of Ridley after being denied for a decade might be more exciting than anything in 4. Not to mention all the memes.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

For me that would be Ray or Joker. Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons Farmer would do that too, but I'm convinced that character is literally impossible.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'd just love to see it in Smash in some way. Even as a taunt or trophy. I think it's only time it appears is it being mentioned during the DK Rap.
Seeing as DK has like, no additional content, the Coconut Gun or any of the weapons bar Diddy's would be a cool item in the game.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It'd be really disappointing, but it's nothing that'd stop me from getting the game or trying the new version of the characters out.

Expect: Mario, Pokemon, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem
Want: Zelda, Mother, Metroid, Animal Crossing
I'd kill for another Zelda newcomer that wasn't another version of Link.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'd kill for another Zelda newcomer that wasn't another version of Link.
Who would you pick if it was just one?

I'd like to see one of the Champions, specifically Daruk as Goron's have been around forever and are very recognisable.

If it wasn't a BotW rep, I'd say Wolf Link and Midna, which I guess is technically another Link...

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Who would you pick if it was just one?

I'd like to see one of the Champions, specifically Daruk as Goron's have been around forever and are very recognisable.

If it wasn't a BotW rep, I'd say Wolf Link and Midna, which I guess is technically another Link...
that's part of why i've always wanted to have midna *without* wolf link! i'd take it either way, 1) its still midna and 2) a link with paws is different enough visually from the other two versions imo, but she could pretty easily stand alone

and it just so happens that midna is my answer to the question you asked. i'm a zelda guy first and foremost so if it were up to me it'd have like a dozen characters altogether, but to narrow it down to just one there's no other choice in my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom