• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
When they're so willing to make multiple spirits of the same character and subtitle them as this aspect or that game, I don't see how spirits slow down any character with more than one gaming appearance, tbh. *Bayonetta (Bayonetta 2) fighter spirit blows a kiss*

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
the fact that a worthless character like Shantae got an online profile icon and a gaming legend like Rayman didn't is really stupid
You might not want to bark up the wrong tree there buddy...
Best not to start another "deserves to be in/represented" debate.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
When they're so willing to make multiple spirits of the same character and subtitle them as this aspect or that game, I don't see how spirits slow down any character with more than one gaming appearance, tbh. *Bayonetta (Bayonetta 2) fighter spirit blows a kiss*
See now that is true but then again out of all the :ultpiranha: variations only two that are not :ultpiranha: at least not really, are spirits. Those being Petey and Nipper.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I'm not a Shovel knight fan but I feel like they should have saved him for DLC, kinda feels like they wanted to have him playable but chickened out given how his game has quite a few spirits.
If I could go back in time and do one thing, I’d tell him to keep persevering on Shovel Knight. And Isaac. Just to keep the roster even numbered.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah. Forgot about him. I feel like if the last direct had revealed those 3 characters the whole “Kencineroar Plant killed the hype” argument wouldn’t have been a thing.

Probably another echo fighter like Shad just to, again, keep the roster even. Octoling? Black Knight? Funky Kong? Something easy they already have a model for.

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
There are dozens of Piranha Plant variants. That's how we have enough to draw from to make them a fighter. There's no need for that many Piranha Plant spirits (when the fighter to represent them isn't ready on game launch day)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Quick question: Where did everyone get their "Anyone is Here" banner for their signatures?
I figure I might as well make one instead of just listing my mains.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still think that the only reason PP didn’t have a base spirit is because he’s the only DLC character they already knew about. All of the other characters were decided on recently. Long after the Spirits roster was finalized. It’s probably just a sad coincidence. It’s a happy coincidence for characters like Sylux, but I think it would be foolish to expect Porky unless we had confirmation that Sakurai was picking characters, not Nintendo.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I still think that the only reason PP didn’t have a base spirit is because he’s the only DLC character they already knew about. All of the other characters were decided on recently. Long after the Spirits roster was finalized. It’s probably just a sad coincidence. It’s a happy coincidence for characters like Sylux, but I think it would be foolish to expect Porky unless we had confirmation that Sakurai was picking characters, not Nintendo.
I mean they know people want MOTHER3 so would it really be foolish?

I mean there's demand for F-zero stuff but its not nearly as vocal as the want for MOTHER3.

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
The base game files actually put PP before Incineroar. PP just didn't get finished for base game. (Hence the free promo to prevent an angry outburst about DLC cut from the base game.)

I also think some of the devs didn't know they'd cut some bosses from the series. Though Porky still has a sneaky reference.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
The base game files actually put PP before Incineroar. PP just didn't get finished for base game. (Hence the free promo to prevent an angry outburst about DLC cut from the base game.)

I also think some of the devs didn't know they'd cut some bosses from the series. Though Porky still has a sneaky reference.
I mean the capsule is one thing but for that to be the only reference to him is odd. When there is so much that could relate back to him.

-Normal version of him in MOTHER 2

- his brother

-His parents

-Him in a suit

-Him in the first version of the spider mech

-Giygas which was the main boss in MOTHERs, 1&2

- Him as a boss in Brawl which is the true version of him in MOTHER3

- Pig mask soldiers

- his statue

- Porky bots

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

tbh im mildly annoyed about the online but literally every single other thing in this game is perfect for me

only thing I wish returned was stage builder and I wish some imporant spirits like fighters had bios a la trophies but otherwise im cool those are suuuper tiny nitpicks

the fact that a worthless character like Shantae got an online profile icon and a gaming legend like Rayman didn't is really stupid
ok first of all how DARE you second of all how D A R E you

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozLqx3EboU4
Seriously listen to this and tell me you don't want to play the game it came from.
I can do that too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_S7nyIq0N8 (I had the wrong song)
I mean you don’t really have a right to question people’s desires when your most wanted is a character from Littlest Pet Shop for crying out loud, also ninja’d
Why the **** do you like that dog so much?
Touche...

Last edited by a moderator:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
See, the reason Porky (and by extension, Giygas)'s complete absences from Ultimate is particularly strange is because of how much love the MOTHER series otherwise got. There are quite a few spirits, several icons, and both of the playable characters got updated final smashes featuring their respective party members. Some of those spirits are really quite obscure in-jokes, too, such as Ness's dad being the telephone.

Not only that, but the last two spirit battles in World of Light are literally Claus and Hinawa, placed right next to each other, with Claus being a Dark spirit and Hinawa being a Light spirit.

So why then is the series' 2 main villains completely absent in any form when this isn't the case for almost every other franchise? Especially considering Porky was already a boss in Brawl.

It's probably the most glaring exclusion from the 1st-party spirits, and it's made all the more glaring by what IS there.

osby

Smash Obsessed
D

Deleted member

ngl it does weird me out that they made shantae 16 like if your gonna make a fanservice character at least make them of age so i dont feel weird about it dammit

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm just speaking for myself, but I think the music in Shantae is better than gameplay. Latter didn't impressed me that much.

Would you look at that, it's a great place to close this topic!
but...but...fun gameplay let’s you become monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom