• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Wolf or Ridley? Can't be sure with those two hmmm... Oh, right, Wolf's a mercenary, my bad.
Well, what can i say, he's violent, but he's a bad guy, doomguy is the main hero but he rips aliens appart in an explosion of blood and gore so, well, get what i mean? :p
I was actually talking about Ridley and whether the character is a hero or villain, doesn’t really matter. I mean, Metal Gear Solid is a pretty violent game itself but Snake still got in.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Mate, you're looking too deep into this.

Most people discussing it, don't actually believe it, we're just bored and there's nothing else interesting to discuss right now.
I wasn't part of your conversation but I'm really really glad to have read this sentence

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As far as I know, that’s not entirely correct.

Last we heard from Verge, the Minecraft content wasn’t even Steve, but a boss. Once again, this has still not been found in the code. This was the biggest point that people originally provided in support of Steve before the leaking “confusion”.

A lack of detracting evidence doesn’t indicate that the leak is legitimate, and it shouldn’t be viewed that way despite not being torn to shreds by “insiders”.
Verg confirmed that Isaac was an AT, which helped to kill the Grinch Leak.

I wasn't actually referring to Verg having information on the MC thing. He however didn't get the SE character being first revealed as DLC either, meaning he doesn't have a strong track record to help kill this particular leak anymore.

The characters, that said, are very realistic. I still doubt the specific leak in question, but the characters sound reasonable.

Fenzer

Smash Cadet
I was actually talking about Ridley and whether the character is a hero or villain, doesn’t really matter. I mean, Metal Gear Solid is a pretty violent game itself but Snake still got in.
Damn, i tried to make a joke but i pretty much missed it huh? XD
Yeah, Metal Gear Solid is a pretty violent game, but a depiction of Snake without violence isn't impossible. He also has quite a bit of jokes (the cardbox is one of those). You lot focus too much on the content than the image it shows. When you think about Metal Gear, you think about all those complicated plots from B movies, and about snake's cardbox being the perfect hidding place. When you think of doom, you think fast fps with exploding aliens. That's the difference.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know, after thinking about it, I think we are missing one important thing in Smash Bros.

We have no characters from the horror genre.

Now, we have an assist trophy in Yuri, but I think there is one series that is a genre icon, shaped gaming history and is loved around the world that hasn't been included at all.

Resident Evil

The characters are incredibly iconic and it would provide a fantastic oppurtunity for a genre not yet represented in Smash.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
His moves maybe be not the same and his weapons not the same too, but does he have a really unique features that tells him apart from regular ninjas? Sheik and Greninja are using the ninja stuff plenty, would it feel really different as a whole? I'm aiming at Snake/Villager/Megaman kind of new gameplays with what i said.
I'll take "never played a Ninja Gaiden game" for 500.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, Metal Gear Solid is a pretty violent game, but a depiction of Snake without violence isn't impossible. He also has quite a bit of jokes (the cardbox is one of those). You lot focus too much on the content than the image it shows. When you think about Metal Gear, you think about all those complicated plots from B movies, and about snake's cardbox being the perfect hidding place. When you think of doom, you think fast fps with exploding aliens. That's the difference.
And when I think about Bayonetta, I think of tearing apart angels on torture devices who explode into clouds of gore.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I believe it was orignally on 5chan before being translated over unto gamefaqs, which then spread outwards from there.
Okay. I've found what seems to be a translation of the 5chan post, and honestly, it has me doubting the legitimacy of it.

It's usually a red flag for me when leaks start explaining the reasons behind decisions, or the thought processes of developers, and the amount of other game announcements tied in with these reveals (a new Ninja Gaiden game, several Dragon Quest re-releases) seems way too specific.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
You know, after thinking about it, I think we are missing one important thing in Smash Bros.

Now, we have an assist trophy in Yuri, but I think there is one series that is a genre icon, shaped gaming history and is loved around the world.

Resident Evil

The characters are incredibly iconic and it would provide a fantastic oppurtunity for a genre not yet represented in Smash.
Say it with me:

L E O N

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Something something design

Something something sexist

Something something ridiculous

Look, I get it, and I share some of the sentiments, but the original post is pretty much beating people while they're down and came out of nowhere.
I'm not beating anyone down. I just don't think they deserve to be in the game. I don't think Joker does, either, if you care. But I understand Sakurai is biased as heck towards Persona 5. There are simply much more deserving characters that people won't forget about in 5-6 years' time.

I'd also not prefer another Square Enix rep because they were so stingy with Cloud, which makes me think a repeat will happen with another rep of theirs.

Fenzer

Smash Cadet
And when I think about Bayonetta, I think of tearing apart angels on torture devices who explode into clouds of gore.
I can only agree with that. Bayo is one kinda touchy subject when comparing to Doomguy. But ripping her of her torture devices didn't rob her of her identity. Because there's more to her, like the whole story, the combos, the sexy.... bit..... forget the sexy bit, there's more to bayo than just death devices. Doomguy has no personnality, he doesn't even have a name. He's just hands to hold weapons.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Say it with me:

L E O N
I always wanted a monster to go with “too scary for Smash” but I can definitely take a protagonist. More horror representation in Smash is always good with me. In fact, getting Yuri, even as an assist, was a pleasant surprise I was very happy with.

Shroob

Sup?
I can only agree with that. Bayo is one kinda touchy subject when comparing to Doomguy. But ripping her of her torture devices didn't rob her of her identity. Because there's more to her, like the whole story, the combos, the sexy.... bit..... forget the sexy bit, there's more to bayo than just death devices. Doomguy has no personnality, he doesn't even have a name. He's just hands to hold weapons.
Notto disso crappo again

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
The fact that you keep referring to demons as exploding aliens makes me think you haven't touched Doom. It can be made less gory and still visibly be Doom. Just look at Chex Quest.

Okay. I've found what seems to be a translation of the 5chan post, and honestly, it has me doubting the legitimacy of it.

It's usually a red flag for me when leaks start explaining the reasons behind decisions, or the thought processes of developers, and the amount of other game announcements tied in with these reveals (a new Ninja Gaiden game, several Dragon Quest re-releases) seems way too specific.
It's definitely sketchy, and I think a lot of why it caught on is because GameXplain put out some pretty heavy misconceptions (like crediting it with calling Granblue.)

It makes a lot of bold claims and thankfully that makes it easy to hold to task when the time comes.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Oh God, Thanos is the secret final DLC.
When Thanos joined the battle. He saw that there were too many characters. “Fighters Begone!” He yelled, and snapped his fingers.

That’s why Smash 6 only has half the cast.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What's the difference between the Grinch Leak, and a typical Smash Leak?
Well, one looked for everything that might be against them, to cover it, the other one did not.

D

Deleted member

Anybody who says Doomguy has no personality has clearly never played Doom.
I won’t argue his personality is super duper fleshed out, but it exists. There’s more to him than just “rip and tear”.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Personality shouldn't have to stop a character from getting in, though. Kind of hard to say he has none anyway.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Now, we have an assist trophy in Yuri, but I think there is one series that is a genre icon, shaped gaming history and is loved around the world.

Resident Evil

T H A N K Y O U.

I said it before and i’ll say it again, Resident Evil is absolutely a dark horse series for Smash. It’s a top tier Capcom series, has iconic characters, and would bring something rather unexpected to the game imo.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I'm not beating anyone down. I just don't think they deserve to be in the game. I don't think Joker does, either, if you care. But I understand Sakurai is biased as heck towards Persona 5. There are simply much more deserving characters that people won't forget about in 5-6 years' time.

I'd also not prefer another Square Enix rep because they were so stingy with Cloud, which makes me think a repeat will happen with another rep of theirs.
>deserve

D

Deleted member

Now, we have an assist trophy in Yuri, but I think there is one series that is a genre icon, shaped gaming history and is loved around the world that hasn't been included at all.

Resident Evil

For a moment there I thought you were about to say Silent Hill. Leon or Jill would be really cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I always wanted a monster to go with “too scary for Smash” but I can definitely take a protagonist. More horror representation in Smash is always good with me. In fact, getting Yuri, even as an assist, was a pleasant surprise I was very happy with.
No joke...

Fatal Frame is the one horror franchise that scares me too much to play. I actually get chills up my spine when the ghost noises play.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
For a moment there I thought you were about to say Silent Hill. Leon or Jill would be really cool.
Silent Hill would be awesome as well but since Silent Hills got cancelled and the franchise has been dormant ever since, I don’t see the chances being high at all.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
What's the difference between the Grinch Leak, and a typical Smash Leak?
Well, one looked for everything that might be against them, to cover it, the other one did not.
The difference is this rumor is a lot less ambitious. It gives names and a few basic inferences that could be made by anybody with basic reasoning. The thing that keeps it going is that it mentions Erdrick in a larger capacity than other rumors, makes specific claims about game releases, and it has yet to be outright debunked.

It's also getting erroneously rolled in with the Erdrick/Joker/Granblue leak, which came after this one.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I really would like a Resident Evil character in Smash simply for their mechanics, since they can be interpreted as Hard-to-Play Mid-range characters who focus on being cautious, using their item resources carefully from their inventory mechanic, and have some controlling that's similar to tank controls (Although that last part might be hard to implement without being annoying). They're the kind of skill that's similar to Dark Souls, basically making every shot count.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom