• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I'm the only user viewing this thread, along with 2 guests.

Feels like something to be lonely.

D

Deleted member

I'm the only user viewing this thread, along with 2 guests.

Feels like something to be lonely.
Sucker, now I’m the only one! Those guests must be bored.

Edit: No more guests.
Edit 2: Zinith, step forward from the “viewing this thread” section. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The more DLC suggestions I see the more I'm sure skipping the Fighter's Pass was the right call for me.

Praying for at least one 'cartoony' character to give me something more visually interesting to look at amongst the fighters pass. I'd take ****ing Bubsy at this point.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The more DLC suggestions I see the more I'm sure skipping the Fighter's Pass was the right call for me.

Praying for at least one 'cartoony' character to give me something more visually interesting to look at amongst the fighters pass. I'd take ****ing Bubsy at this point.
What people's suggestions have anything to do with real content of Fighter's Pass?

D

Deleted member

What people's suggestions have anything to do with real content of Fighter's Pass?
While I do agree, it’s understandable that suggestions would influence their decisions.
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad , after fighters like the Belmonts and Joker, anything could happen. ;)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So since Jack Frost is a persona you can get in Persona?

What are the bets of him being a part of Joker's moveset to say ''Hey! Shin Megami Tensei!" within a Persona rep.

osby

Smash Obsessed
While I do agree, it’s understandable that suggestions would influence their decisions.
Not really, they already decided all the fighters.

What are the bets of him being a part of Joker's moveset to say ''Hey! Shin Megami Tensei!" within a Persona rep.
I mean, every base game Joker can wield except Arsene is also a demon in SMT. It doesn't have to be Jack Frost, Pixie or Beelzebub would also be great choices.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking, anyone else think that if Erdrick get's into the game - it will be his NES version over the other designs

DQIIIHeroArt.png

DQIII_Spiked_Armour.png

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
The casual mind-set to DLC is way different for people who will get the DLC regardless because of the roster size increase rather than its content. At least... that's the camp I'm in right now. It's not even about "throwing money away". I just like options. Hell, I'll take Steve at this point if it came down to DLC or no DLC at all.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yeah, you're right. With Smashboards track record of correct predictions we'll probably be getting four Nintendo characters from the 1980s anyway.

But with the suggested trend being 'like Joker' I have to wonder if that means aesthetic, the same time period(kinda recent) or characters that haven't appeared on Nintendo consoles(until like a week before their announcement anyway).

It could be none of the above of course but personally none of those options are massively appealing to me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, you're right. With Smashboards track record of correct predictions we'll probably be getting four Nintendo characters from the 1980s anyway.

But with the suggested trend being 'like Joker' I have to wonder if that means aesthetic, the same time period(kinda recent) or characters that haven't appeared on Nintendo consoles(until like a week before their announcement anyway).

It could be none of the above of course but personally none of those options are massively appealing to me.
If Joker sets a example, I can expect characters that are from new games (not necessarily recent but new to Smash) that got critical acclaim and owned by companies that Nintendo has a good relationship with.

There's no reason to think we'll only get post-2010 characters with little to no Nintendo console appearances.

I won't touch the aesthetic subject, but keep in mind that last game's DLC newcomers were built on top of pre-existing ones.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Not really, they already decided all the fighters.

I mean, every base game Joker can wield except Arsene is also a demon in SMT. It doesn't have to be Jack Frost, Pixie or Beelzebub would also be great choices.
Yeah, but Frost is alot more recognizable than Pixie and Beelzebub and had his own supporters for Smash, no?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but Frost is alot more recognizable than Pixie and Beelzebub and had his own supporters for Smash, no?
Oh, sure, I just wouldn't call him a SMT rep. It's like saying a regular Grovyle would be a Mystery Dungeons rep.

Though, yeah, it'd still make some SMT fans happy.

A glitch has been found, this time again involving Daisy! Well, it's a sexy glitch, but still....

Don't know about sexy, but it looks really cute.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It's really hard to pin down what they mean by Joker's inclusion. The other DLC characters could be in based on their own successes. If we base it off of that, we narrow down our list to things that have won major awards and have potential to sell units on the Switch.

Also, quick note, but I feel like we'll find the lost city of El Dorado first before we get Waluigi as a playable character. Same goes for similar Assist Trophies, lol.

D

Deleted member

Only because you reminded me.

An interesting reason why Cloud appears to have less range on his n-air.
That explains why people can just crouch over Short Hop NAir. Picked up Cloud for the first time on online and tried to play him like ib Smash 4. I still won but damn I was just whiffing those NAir
its time for the most oppressed group of all to rise up and take over: shulk mains!

KMDP

Smash Legend

I assume that's what they'll do.

A little bit ago (a few weeks ago, I think), I actually suggested a list of Personas Joker could use if they go that route (Arsene, Jack Frost, Pixie, Jack o' Lantern and Kelpie). The idea being that they are all Early Game Personas (relative to Persona 5) of different elements that are, beside Arsene, long-time mainstay Demons/Personas from SMT/Persona.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I assume that's what they'll do.

A little bit ago (a few weeks ago, I think), I actually suggested a list of Personas Joker could use if they go that route (Arsene, Jack Frost, Pixie, Jack o' Lantern and Kelpie). The idea being that they are all Early Game Personas (relative to Persona 5) of different elements that are, beside Arsene, long-time mainstay Demons/Personas from SMT/Persona.
Or they'll go with popularity and we get Alice along with Mara

KMDP

Smash Legend
Or they'll go with popularity and we get Alice along with Mara
Alice only has one attack, but it's effect is similar to the Kapp'n Assist Trophy.

If it hits, the targeted player loses control of their character and they just walk into the nearest blast zone.

D

Deleted member

If Nintendo made stage-only DLC in the style of Mario Maker, which one would you want?

I would go for Dr.Mario

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
If Nintendo made stage-only DLC in the style of Mario Maker, which one would you want?

I would go for Dr.Mario
I'd love to see a stage from Xenoblade X. The game wasn't as good as the other Xenoblades but the world looked great and I think that for example NLA has potential for a delfino-esque moving stage. Now if they made it start without a walkoff it would be interesting with Hazards off as well.

D

Deleted member

How do you post images, videos or GIFs via the mobile version of Smashboards? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

How do you post images, videos or GIFs via the mobile version of Smashboards? ;)
Click on the dots at the right of the smiling face when you write and choose media for videos or tweets.

For pictures, click to the left of the same face.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
the only reason this catches my attention is Doomguy being in a Japanese leak - is he really so notable over there?
Or the leaker is a Japanese troll that sees peeps going "doom guy doom guy" and decided to take the piss
There’s apparently a problem with islands for many online shops.

One of the few that don’t have that problem is AliExpress.

Not a bad site, but could be better.
what is Aliexpress btw? Ive seen it but never went there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom