• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wrote a really long response to this because I get debilitated by my OCD and menu layouts/completeness don't matter to me (at least, due to the OCD)/about how casually its use in this context ends up minimizing the condition but I stopped caring midway through writing it because I have bigger problems to worry about :urg:

I just pretty much would be hype for anyone regardless so I'm getting it.
*hug* I have a friend who can't stand it if a painting is ever so slightly tilted to the point that he ends up storming off to fix it after a bit if it isn't addressed which is what I'm talking about. Sorry for making you feel that. And if it bugs you, no need to hold back, it's a problem for you and I don't believe in the 'Bigger problems means no smaller problems at all' mentality

osby

Smash Obsessed
Scorpion needs to be in Smash, for how else will the young Smash players come to accept the grim concept of mortality?
*points at World of Light*

Also you guys can't go a week without DLC debate, can you?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
oof yeah. Like imagine how Id feel if Joker cams out and then Sakurai said "btw here is Layton" then Id have to buy pack 2.

In that scenario, Sakurai could of went the BBCTB way and have multiple characters in one pack with multiple songs and multiple stages
i think sakurai adding joker and layton to the same game would cement him as all-round god tbh

D

Deleted member

king k rool is my favorite kirby antagonist
I like the theory that asserts that K.Rool might be an eternal cycle of Kirby-like incarnations that may either turn out to be evil or good depending on how they are awoken.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*hug* I have a friend who can't stand it if a painting is ever so slightly tilted to the point that he ends up storming off to fix it after a bit if it isn't addressed which is what I'm talking about. Sorry for making you feel that. And if it bugs you, no need to hold back, it's a problem for you and I don't believe in the 'Bigger problems means no smaller problems at all' mentality
Thanks for understanding. Revised that post like 14 times because I didn't want to come off as if I was lecturing you, because i wasn't necessarily offended but I just... I don't know, guess I just had a bad moment for me.

I used to throw that around casually too before I understood what it was, and I didn't really understand what it was until I ended up being debilitated by something one day and looking it up- subsequently going to the therapist and getting diagnosed with it.
It's one of the reasons I keep saying I'm going to leave for a bit (I feel inadequate and silly a lot and end up spiraling as soon as I say something that's obviously stupid while I'm in "that mode" even if I'm not viewed that way and I wanted to leave to take that off my plate), but it's rather hard to do that because SmashBoards ends up distracting me from the major depression I also ended up having. Same problem I have in Smash- I lose online against randos and I just spiral so I try and look for games only with people I know haha.

edit: i am crying at work now excuse me for a moment

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You've exhibited wonderous judgement and great variety. While Saber and Crono might be a bit iffy, even they still have their fans. Solaire and Phoenix Wright though, abosultely help seal the deal. 9.5 out of 10.

Just like it felt wrong for them to get rid of the one Zelda who wasn't blond like Peach. :p

I know a certain spiky haired hero shield breaker who'd object to that, Sigma.

It was available on PC as well for crying out loud. Not like he only showed up on Sony stuff anyway.
>Crono might be a bit iffy
I'll forgive you for now because I'm in a good mood but just remember I could have ended your life here and now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thanks for understanding. Revised that post like 14 times because I didn't want to come off as if I was lecturing you, because i wasn't necessarily offended but I just... I don't know, guess I just had a bad moment for me.

I used to throw that around casually too before I understood what it was, and I didn't really understand what it was until I ended up being debilitated by something one day and looking it up- subsequently going to the therapist and getting diagnosed with it.
It's one of the reasons I keep saying I'm going to leave for a bit (I feel inadequate and silly a lot and end up spiraling as soon as I say something that's obviously stupid even if I'm not viewed that way and I wanted to leave to take that off my plate), but it's rather hard to do that because SmashBoards ends up distracting me from the major depression I also ended up having. Same problem I have in Smash- I lose online against randos and I just spiral so I try and look for games only with people I know haha.

edit: i am crying at work now excuse me for a moment
If you ever need a friend to talk to them DM me. Nice Gwen is a lot different than Snarky Gwen

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
i think sakurai adding joker and layton to the same game would cement him as all-round god tbh
I think 19 years of amazing content makes him all-round god!

Layton could be cool, but I wouldn't put his as god status. (That's reserved for a LPS character)

osby

Smash Obsessed
its really easy to forget that dedede is an actual character now after smash 4
Its really easy to forget there are people who calls calls low tier characters "aren't real" or "not actual characters"...I wish

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Its really easy to forget there are people who calls calls low tier characters "aren't real" or "not actual characters"...I wish
dedede's been my main since brawl and smash 4 was so painful because of it, i'm ecstatic that he has any chance of winning matches now

D

Deleted member

mfw in a parallel dimension

Nice; I wouldnt mind Edea making it in.

The reason I did mine, though, was more for a Pun than me actually wanting that character in. In One Piece, he's an underground weapon's broker and his codename is 'Joker', which is why I had posted it lol.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lets be honest at this point we don't know who to expect especially after Joker. Layton is a solid possibility of happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom