• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd rather have all the characters in the game
like even if the rest are Scorpion, Steve, Erdrick, and Heihachi, I'd probably still buy it even though I wouldn't like any of those characters lol
Even Sakurai advocated against buying the pass if people don't see the value in it.

You saying Sakurai is telling people to make stupid decisions? :p

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I'd rather have all the characters in the game
like even if the rest are Scorpion, Steve, Erdrick, and Heihachi, I'd probably still buy it even though I wouldn't like any of those characters lol
i didn't buy any of the dlc for smash 4 because they were all characters i didn't want to spend money on (and also smash 4 is just bad in general so that might have something to do with it too)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Anyone watch the Suda 51 Presentation? I know its a long shot but I was curious if we got any Travis Smash information. 100% gonna be none, but still.
Travis isn't coming to Smash, but Suda wants Travis Strikes Again to sell well so he can make NMH3, which he has full ideas for, and then get Travis in. He hasn't given up. Also, Shinobu and somehow Bad Girl are confirmed to be coming back somehow. Possibly DLC player characters?

A shame but it's cool to know that NMH3 is even a possibility. Can't wait for TSA.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Even Sakurai advocated against buying the pass if people don't see the value in it.

You saying Sakurai is telling people to make stupid decisions? :p
sakurai: "please don't buy it if you're not sure in its value"
sakurai: *adds joker*

that sly devil

D

Deleted member

Y'all do know that Bionichute can do with his money how he wants, right?

Just because he doesn't want a character doesn't mean he's able to change whether or not the character happens.

I mean, geez, it's one thing to disagree heavily about character picks on principles alone, but there's no need to hate on those who decides not to put extra money into a game they might not enjoy in the same way you do.

And this coming from a dude who bought the season pass because I want everything and have no real qualms with any character happening.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Travis isn't coming to Smash, but Suda wants Travis Strikes Again to sell well so he can make NMH3, which he has full ideas for, and then get Travis in. He hasn't given up. Also, Shinobu and somehow Bad Girl are confirmed to be coming back somehow. Possibly DLC player characters?

A shame but it's cool to know that NMH3 is even a possibility. Can't wait for TSA.
He's just gonna put Suda himself in as an assist trophy.

You know what they say... just because you work hard....

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Sora's feet are kinda big for smash though.

One shoe is as big as Ridely.
:denzel::denzel::denzel:

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
not revealing all the dlc characters at the fighter's pass announcement makes sense marketing wise but is absolutely not consumer friendly

that's why i'm hoping we get a legit leak of the dlc soon, i want to definitively know whether or not i should buy it. not a whole lot of use if i buy it a year from now when like 4 of the characters have already been revealed

D

Deleted member

So in your eyes you should buy all the characters regardless if they’re characters you don’t like or can’t afford? No... THAT’S a stupid decision.
Okay, if you can't afford it, then of course don't buy the characters!
But honestly!! Why wouldn't you want all the characters if you can afford it? It's like having a puzzle without all the pieces, it's just not complete!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
what will truely be ****ed up is if the characters all come in the pack and you have to buy the characters you dont like for the one you do.

You'll be able to by the packs sepreatly, right?
They're counted separately within the pass contents, so I'm sure they'll come out as individual packs at each launch.

Pakky

Smash Hero
not revealing all the dlc characters at the fighter's pass announcement makes sense marketing wise but is absolutely not consumer friendly

that's why i'm hoping we get a legit leak of the dlc soon, i want to definitively know whether or not i should buy it. not a whole lot of use if i buy it a year from now when like 4 of the characters have already been revealed
That I get.

I bought in because Joker, but I hope that wasn't foolhardy and they're reading the room.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
what will truely be ****ed up is if the characters all come in the pack and you have to buy the characters you dont like for the one you do.

yeah you can buy them all separately

main problem is that, if i want to buy one character on release, i can buy that one pack, but that would basically lock me out of the fighter pass if more characters i like end up getting in

it sucks

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Okay, if you can't afford it, then of course don't buy the characters!
But honestly!! Why wouldn't you want all the characters if you can afford it? It's like having a puzzle without all the pieces, it's just not complete!
But I don't see the point in buying a character that I would dislike to see in Smash, it's a waste of money.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

main problem is that, if i want to buy one character on release, i can buy that one pack, but that would basically lock me out of the fighter pass if more characters i like end up getting in

it sucks
I think (think) the eshop lets you buy packs with adjusted prices based on how much you own.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Tbh I'm gonna wind up buying all DLC characters regardless of who they are based solely on me not being able to stand an incomplete roster.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Yeah you can buy them separately. They’re in the eshop both as separate and as the 5 character pack.

yvngfoxtrot

Smash Cadet
NNID
CharlesFoxtrot
Switch FC
SW 2846-8790-7007

it sucks
That is the choice you have to make, it's not the end of the world. If you don't like the fighters don't get the pass, if you do, just get the ones you want.

This should literally be the end of that discussion.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
That is the choice you have to make, it's not the end of the world. If you don't like the fighters don't get the pass, if you do, just get the ones you want.

This should literally be the end of that discussion.
well yeah? i'm mostly just saying my feelings on the season pass, no arguing is going on now

D

Deleted member

DuwQ8pqWoAA66NC.jpeg

"Not buying all of the DLC is a disrespect towards Sakurai's hard and selfless work"

Bionichute

Smash Champion
also i just want to say that there is a chance i will end up buying the fighter's pass regardless of how much i don't like it entirely because i want to keep my spirit collection up to date

i got every spirit in the game btw and now im working on getting every primary to level 99

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I bought the fighter pass cause it would be weird for me not to have everyone, and I’m fairly easy to please but I can see why people wouldn’t.

Also I bought the fighter pass for a friend. I’m considering buying it again for another friend. ;)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also i just want to say that there is a chance i will end up buying the fighter's pass regardless of how much i don't like it entirely because i want to keep my spirit collection up to date

i got every spirit in the game btw and now im working on getting every primary to level 99
small brain: buying fighter's pass for the characters
big brain: buying fighter's pass for the spirits
transcendent brain: buying fighter's pass for the legend-rank Igor spirit

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh wow...more of the “stupid to buy/not buy all the dlc” talk...just buy the characters you want (and no leaks needed cause no)
So... Jeanne in a :ultluigi: costume?

Eh? EH?
Bayo was Mario, Jeanne needs to go Bowser...Enzo can be Luigi

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Priorities and no OCD?
I wrote a really long response to this because I get debilitated by my OCD and menu layouts/completeness don't matter to me (at least, due to the OCD)/about how casually its use in this context ends up minimizing the condition but I stopped caring midway through writing it because I have bigger problems to worry about :urg:

And speaking from my personal experiences is not a good idea for rebuttal anyway since not everyone has the same. Sorry.

Tbh I'm gonna wind up buying all DLC characters regardless of who they are based solely on me not being able to stand an incomplete roster.
I just pretty much would be hype for anyone regardless so I'm getting it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

it sucks
Well, consider this; I'm assuming that we'll at least have all characters revealed by E3 or so. It's a long wait, and not the most fun, but by then it should be possible to at least plan things out better.

We don't know of course, but it'd be the optimal situation in the long run.

That said, Ultimate has been pretty patient with it's reveals. I mean, the first teaser came out at the start of the year, and character reveals have been sprinkled between trailers.

Not to mention our last character reveal in early November (or late October I don't remember) was Piranha Plant who allegedly releases around February. That's, if we go by the November date, 3 months between reveal and character. With Joker not far off from that, just about a month, we can make a glass-half-full assumption and think we get a monthly reveal as well as a monthly release past Plantboi's release.

Tl;dr, uhhhhhhhh perhaps you won't have to wait a year to make a decision? idunno

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Rate my Fighter Pass:
-Saber
-Crono
-Solaire
-Phoenix Wright
let at least one of these happen please
You've exhibited wonderous judgement and great variety. While Saber and Crono might be a bit iffy, even they still have their fans. Solaire and Phoenix Wright though, abosultely help seal the deal. 9.5 out of 10.
If were to apply my own opinion, it would probably be because he represents one of the most important games in Nintendo history...
Young Link is the Hero of Time, the most iconic Link from the most iconic Zelda game...
It felt kinda wrong to not have any form of him in either Brawl or Smash 4
Just like it felt wrong for them to get rid of the one Zelda who wasn't blond like Peach. :p
Anybody who becomes a lawyer immediately sells their soul to lucifer. At least the other kid is expressing his emotions, let’s say.
I know a certain spiky haired hero shield breaker who'd object to that, Sigma.
and the game he represents was a sony exclusive by the time he was revealed
It was available on PC as well for crying out loud. Not like he only showed up on Sony stuff anyway.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

it sucks
oof yeah. Like imagine how Id feel if Joker cams out and then Sakurai said "btw here is Layton" then Id have to buy pack 2.

In that scenario, Sakurai could of went the BBCTB way and have multiple characters in one pack with multiple songs and multiple stages

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom