• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I prefer to use the terms "likely" and "unlikely" as I don't like to act like I'm absolutely certain about something. Anything is possible, and we simply don't know. But you still have to admit some things are probably more likely than others.

Many people theorized that Pac-Man would be in Smash 4 due to Namco helping to make the game. And guess what, they were right. However that's still no guarantee.
Well yeah. No harm in predicting who is likely or unlikely. It's just absolutes and stuff like that that should be avoided.

Unrelated to the topics at hand, but just a fun little question I came up with.

Let's say every single character you're personally hoping for gets into Smash. In this event, which character on your wishlist would you play the most?
Chandelure.

EDIT: Uh-oh, double post-io!

Can a mod merge these please?
Sorry, I thought somebody else posted. I was looking at a different thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberk

Smash Champion

Let's say every single character you're personally hoping for gets into Smash. In this event, which character on your wishlist would you play the most?
Dang, if we are going for realism then a lot of them would have boring movesets because there were a ton added and Sakurai couldn't keep up. I'd like none of them and be disappointed.

But to have fun, I'd say Torterra. There are very few Grass starters, heavyweight characters, and quadrupeds in Smash and Torterra fits the bill. I love Torterra and even though he might never be playable I dream of being able to Earthquake and Wood Hammer people with him.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

That's reeeeally tough. I've never really considered the possibility that even 2 of my most wanted would be playable. It would be hard to choose between Ray, Joker, and Chibi Robo.
If I HAD to pick, I'd say Ray right now. That could easily change tomorrow though. I'd really just have to play them all for a while and decide who feels best.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97

That's a tough one... (My wishlist is pretty extensive.) But I guess if the characters played like how I imagined them I think I'd end up playing Dark Samus the most.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

That is easy. Micaiah!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
For me, personally... If everyone I wanted got into Smash, it'd be a toss up between Wright, Joker, and Ashley. Any of them being playable would send me through the roof, so all of them being playable would be a dream.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
So hypothetical question. If Mew became playable how would that work? He's pretty small but he might be as small as Olimar so size isn't a problem. But would he just be a Mewtwo clone (ironically) or something new?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
For me, personally... If everyone I wanted got into Smash, it'd be a toss up between Wright, Joker, and Ashley. Any of them being playable would send me through the roof, so all of them being playable would be a dream.
What's crazy about this question is that any of my top 10 would send me through the roof, making it harder. It was tough for me to narrow it down to Chibi Robo, Ray, and Joker. Making me choose between those 3... That was a challenge that I'm still not sure I answered properly lol.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Definitely not a Mewtwo clone, different personalities and playstyles. I'd predict him to be a sort of trickster like how he's portrayed in the movies. He can also use iconic Pokemon moves not repped in Smash since he can learn pretty much every move in the games.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

In descending order for my top five: Chrom, Celica, Crash, Decidueye, Waluigi

I feel like if all five play how I envision them playing they'd be amazingly fun, but nothing would top Chrom for me.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
A while ago I made this wishlist of sorts. some characters are joke ones though while others are wishful thinking.

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

I'll say Glover. Could see him being the king of edge guarding with all his ball transformations and trick shots....But no I'll go with Ridley.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

A tossup of Banjo, Rayman, and Snake. Probably in that order.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wow, that got a lot more responses than I thought it would. Makes me tempted to make my question it's own little thread. Heheh.

A tossup of Banjo, Rayman, and Snake. Probably in that order.
Oh, ****, I forgot about Rayman. He would be a pretty fun character for me too. I dunno if he'd be on the level of the three I mentioned earlier, but he'd definitely be up there for me.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Wow, that got a lot more responses than I thought it would. Makes me tempted to make my question it's own little thread. Heheh.

Oh, ****, I forgot about Rayman. He would be a pretty fun character for me too. I dunno if he'd be on the level of the three I mentioned earlier, but he'd definitely be up there for me.
I think that could be a fun thread, and you could see an awful lot of diversity there. And you could go as far as to have replies include reasons why, as well as what they could do. We could probably learn a lot about various characters we don't know a lot about there.
TL;DR I would like that thread.

Luminario

Smash Lord
So hypothetical question. If Mew became playable how would that work? He's pretty small but he might be as small as Olimar so size isn't a problem. But would he just be a Mewtwo clone (ironically) or something new?
I can see Mew focusing on it's large movepool as inspiration for a moveset. Being the Pokemon that can learn every TM it has such potential. Maybe give it a stance move or let it switch between specials?

StormC

Smash Hero
Palutena and Mega Man were the only characters on my wishlist that I actually got and neither of their play styles clicked with me. It wasn’t until Mewtwo and later Cloud that I settled on a main.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Palutena and Mega Man were the only characters on my wishlist that I actually got and neither of their play styles clicked with me. It wasn’t until Mewtwo and later Cloud that I settled on a main.
Those two (and Shulk) were the characters I was most excited for as well. I have a ton of Mega Man merch and Palutena was just a great character in Uprising who I fell in love with. Unfortunately, Mega Man is weird as hell to play, and Palutena is, well... Y'know.
As much as I'd love to play Mega Man in the next game, I also don't want them to change him too much because he does work well if you take the time to learn him. He's just really tough to learn. Palutena needs hella reworked, though.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A while ago I made this wishlist of sorts. some characters are joke ones though while others are wishful thinking.
Ah.

I see you've made the mistake of lumping Xenoblade characters in with the third parties.

Xenoblade is wholly owned by Nintendo, making it first party, so it should actually be with the Nintendo characters. It's why Shulk is right next to Wii Fit Trainer on Smash Wii U's character screen.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
One more thing with Steve! Would he be stiff as a board or have joints like Minecraft: Story Mode?

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
I find it weird how there's barely anything for Tetris! Yeah we have some songs but imagine a Tetris stage or a character like this!

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
If my dream roster happened? I’d probably main Ridley. He’s a purple space dragon mercenary. I’d find a way to love whatever his playstyle was :laugh:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
people talking about rex and stuff. why is there no love for xenoblade chronicles x? what about elma?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'mma laugh if Elma and Rex are both overlooked and ya'll Xeno weebs end up with Cross/Rook.

Because that'd be some out of left field Sakurai ****.

"I felt I need more blank avatar representation in Smash."

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

Legit most of mine have little or no chance.

Breloom, Lip, Spring Man, Twintelle, Dr. Coyle, Min Min, Banjo, Crash, Edward Falcon or Wang Tang are the ones I want the most. I’d probably play Falcon or Wang Tang the most as I love the Power Stone games, as much as I love Smash. I also think they’d be fun to play in Smash I play them as often as I play Smash 64 and Smash 4. Still waiting for an HD Power Stone with online.

I’d be quite happy to just have Lip or Spring Man though

Last edited:

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman

lollllllllllllllllll i'd run outta life before i managed to ****ing decide, lol

be spending 30 minutes with that ****ing visor taunt with anthony.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't know too much about the Xenoblade reps only having played bits of Shulk's game.

But what's the differences in between Elma and Rex? And which would play the least like Shulk?

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
I don't know too much about the Xenoblade reps only having played bits of Shulk's game.

But what's the differences in between Elma and Rex? And which would play the least like Shulk?
well y'see one's a girl and the other's....

... a whining little babby pretending to be a hero who i couldn't kick out of the ****ing party fast enough when zeke and morag showed up to put the kids to ****ing bed. nia stuck around as a healer because i found her the least offensive of the trio, the furball sucks ass as a tank once you build morag with some decent speed

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Neither of them would play exactly like Shulk, but if you're looking for the biggest disconnect to him between them, Elma would have basically nothing in common with Shulk.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Neither of them would play exactly like Shulk, but if you're looking for the biggest disconnect to him between them, Elma would have basically nothing in common with Shulk.
I hear Elma has a gun or mech or something. All I know is speculation about her and some figure that Sakurai bought for reference?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I hear Elma has a gun or mech or something. All I know is speculation about her and some figure that Sakurai bought for reference?
In game, Elma wields two swords and two guns that she can switch between on the fly. And as far as the mech thing goes, a big draw for Xenoblade X was the Skells, which were basically giant mechs that could fly, turn into vehicles, and help you fight the really big monsters on the map.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
In game, Elma wields two swords and two guns that she can switch between on the fly. And as far as the mech thing goes, a big draw for Xenoblade X was the Skells, which were basically giant mechs that could fly, turn into vehicles, and help you fight the really big monsters on the map.
lol at skells, those things got outdated the moment you got decent guns with ether dmg

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay. So well here's the thing. What's Rex's deal? Because if this ***** is running around with swords, two guns, and a giant ****ing mech. Why isn't she in the roster like yesterday. Because I can't imagine wanting Rex after hearing what she's all about.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay. So well here's the thing. What's Rex's deal? Because if this ***** is running around with swords, two guns, and a giant ****ing mech. Why isn't she in the roster like yesterday. Because I can't imagine wanting Rex after hearing what she's all about.
Listen, I'm gonna level with ya here. Rex's deal is pretty similar to Shulk's. He wields a legendary sword, and was just a small-town boy until the day he found that sword, at which point he was dragged into an adventure.

As far as gameplay goes, his whole deal is that his sword is powered by his Blade, Pyra. The gameplay of Xenoblade 2 revolves a lot around working together with your Blade to maximize damage output, and to get in sync with each other so you can pull off flashy and devastating attacks.

Basically, think of Rex as the stylish character, while Elma would be the more practical one. Rex sounds rather boring and similar to Shulk on paper, but he'd be a really unique character, I assure you. They would both be really fun to have on the roster, if we're being honest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom