• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well hopefully it won’t be an issue for any other newcomer to have their respective voice over artists return.
Going by my predictions.
  • Erdrick: Nobody. They can literally get Anyone.
  • Yuri Lowell: Troy Baker. See him a lot in projects of all types. May or may not be a problem.
  • Crash Bandicoot: Jess Harnell. Definitely a problem. Definitely a chill enough guy that he’d probably go uncredited. Unless he has a Cloud contract. Or they could just use archive audio.
  • Banjo and Kazooie: Chris Sutherland. Ex-Rare employee and co founder of PlayTonic games. Definitely not union but... that’s gonna be one strange phone call.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I dunno, guys. Incineroar had me screaming when he was revealed.
People were already screaming, though.

But instead of it being about incineroar it was more like "NOOOOO MY GRINNNNCCCHHHH"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair, I don't think people expected Roy to be good.

When you have good Roy minus the hilt mechanic and an Aether that spikes and takes a stock before yours.

Yeah, that's bretty gud.
I don't know man, he don't got a Belmont tether.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
honestly now that i think about it, dante, ammy, joe, and wonder red would probably be the best outcome for dlc

biased towards capcom maybe but they're all very popular and would make incredible movesets

osby

Smash Obsessed
Going by my predictions.
  • Yuri Lowell: Troy Baker. See him a lot in projects of all types. May or may not be a problem.
  • Crash Bandicoot: Jess Harnell. Definitely a problem. Definitely a chill enough guy that he’d probably go uncredited. Unless he has a Cloud contract. Or they could just use archive audio.
  • Banjo and Kazooie: Chris Sutherland. Ex-Rare employee and co founder of PlayTonic games. Definitely not union but... that’s gonna be one strange phone call.
Kousuke Toriumi already voices Little Mac, so I think we can safely assume he can also voice Yuri Lowell with no problem.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
George Grant voices Yuri's new scenes in Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition. I wouldn't count Troy coming back as Yuri for smash all that likely.
Ok. Guessing this George Grant guy is non union. He’s probably who we’d get then.

Kousuke Toriumi already voices Little Mac, so I think we can safely assume he can also voice Yuri Lowell with no problem.
Assuming the other guy can’t do it.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Nice job Square. Still curious about Paul. My convoluted theory is that Brawl must have been union, or Paul wasn’t at the time, and they were able to get away with it now because they were literally just recycling voice clips. Doesn’t explain why they just couldn’t use archive audio for Cloud then but it’s the only theory I’ve got.
Its all down to how contracts are set up. Steve Burton has to be paid and credited even for recycled audio.

Shroob

Sup?
Going by my predictions.
Would Banjo even need new voice clips?

The original "GUH HUH" and "BREEEEEEEE!" are soo iconic.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

For both Banjo and Steve they could just recycle voice clips from the source material. There's no need to fix what isn't broken.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

He’d need some sounds for when he’s KOd. Nothing like that in Banjo proper. Probably be nice to have new clean audio.

Its all down to how contracts are set up. Steve Burton has to be paid and credited even for recycled audio.
Third times the charm. Say it with me. Nice one Square. Why does this Steve Burton guy get a special contract. I’ve never even heard of him before.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Would K. Rool even need new voice clips?

The original "GUNK" and "[what other sound does he make]" are soo iconic.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Banjo & Kazooie don’t even need new voice clips, their archived clips from the games are iconic enough.

And I know Nintendo would be the one to pick but I pray that Sakurai doesn’t give them bear/bird noises and have Mircosoft/Rare completely deny it.

It’s already bad enough Sakurai still refuses to give DK his Scooby Kong voice after 5 games.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Banjo & Kazooie don’t even need new voice clips, their archived clips from the games are iconic enough.

And I know Nintendo would be the one to pick but I pray that Sakurai doesn’t give them bear/bird noises and have Mircosoft/Rare completely deny it.
Literally any beast/animal in the series.

I swear, even :ultridley: didn't get matched up right and screeching is all he does.

Funny considering he doesn’t even have voice clips in the game.
Funny considering you probably never beat a DKC game in your life.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Aside from Isabelle, I've heard :ultgnw: has glitches with some of his moves as well. Quite a few characters have things like that.

...man, Sakurai is going all out to cater Melee fans, isn't he?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Literally any beast/animal in the series.

I swear, even :ultridley: didn't get matched up right and screeching is all he does.
Tell me about it, nothing like hearing those barking noises out of Fox, Falco squawking, or Sonic speaking like a real hedgeho-oh waaaaaaaait.

I ain’t no Metroid fan but even I would know a human voice wouldn’t sound right out of Ridley lol.

DK/Bowser/Diddy/K.Rool are too cartoony though and all come from lighthearted series, giving them beast sounds is idiotic.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

It’s already bad enough Sakurai still refuses to give DK his Scooby Kong voice after 5 games.

This is the only DK voice I'll ever consider canon.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

i dunno seems like everything is here
I didn’t know half of those existed. I guess we’re good. I love how the longer you listen the more it stops sounding like Banjo and just starts sounding like a guy.

Funny considering you probably never beat a DKC game in your life.
I mean in Smash.

I believe it’d be the same case for anyone working on a Square project.
Say it with me now. All together. Good going Square!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This discussion does make me realize if Dixie was added, how would they go about her voice? Would they continue the trend or make an exception like with :ultbowserjr:?

Also I’m so glad we’re able to discuss voices here! :chuckle:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sleep: Original Banjo N64 voices
Awake: Nuts N Bolts voices
WOKE: Bear noises
ASCENDED: BANJO VOICED BY BEAR GRYLLS

Status
Not open for further replies.