• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How is he going to hold items? :upsidedown:
He'll just only use on the swords. Besides, if he can use items in his home game, no reason he can't here. Even then, Sakurai tends to somewhat change things up for the purpose of balance. Though I do like how he made it so characters who can't actually swim take damage in water now. Good call. Stays true to their character.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still barely know what the heck a Lloyd is. I know what he looks like, I know where he's from, but who is he? What's he about? what makes him tic?

D

Deleted member

I still barely know what the heck a Lloyd is. I know what he looks like, I know where he's from, but who is he? What's he about? what makes him tic?
I have the same questions, but fearing to ask them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We kind of have Pit.
Yeah, I was about to say, Pit more or less covers this. I wouldn't mind more, since it's not like there isn't more you could do with the concept, but Pit's bow is pretty much two swords with a singular arrow move. That's why so many people were making a hub-bub about Decidueye early on, outside of "Grass type my bros".

That said, Lloyd isn't the character I would say I'm attached to though. Especially for a Namco character, give me a Tekken character instead fam.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So here's an idea of mine I've had brewing in my head as of late:

Anti-Mii Costume Theory

Remember that theory that Mii Costumes were concessions for fans of characters who performed relatively well in the Ballot?

Throw that out the window for third parties. The Mii Costumes already exist, and they're going to be reused for this game. No Geno, no Lloyd, no Monster Hunter, no second Sonic character, etc.

DLC would look something like this:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Steve
  • Dante/Phoenix Wright/Crash Bandicoot/Ryu Hayabusa

Noipoi

Howdy!

Anti-Mii Costume Theory

Remember that theory that Mii Costumes were concessions for fans of characters who performed relatively well in the Ballot?

Throw that out the window for third parties. The Mii Costumes already exist, and they're going to be reused for this game. No Geno, no Lloyd, no Monster Hunter, no second Sonic character, etc.

• Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Steve
As long as the last one is Crash or Phoenix, I can dig it.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman

Anti-Mii Costume Theory

• Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Steve
I mean, I just assumed it meant those characters aren't coming. My Rex. ;_;

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Anti-Mii Costume Theory

• Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Steve
Replace Erdrick with someone who won't involve paying awful people and I'd buy the pass

D

Deleted member

I still think that we're getting at least one first party like Bandanna Dee, a new Pokemon, and if the stars align then Elma

Last edited by a moderator:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I have played the games, thank you very much. I’ve akso played digimon on the ps1 as well. He’s much more than Marth...you’d know this if you played the games. That’s cool about WarGreymon...but it won’t get in. Agumon...perhaps but in my opinion unlikely. And if he does, that’s cool! Probably won’t buy it. But Augumon is just another Dino who breaths fire to me, just like Lloyd is a “Marth”
WarGreymon will be part of Agumon's moveset most likely.

LetterO

Smash Lord

Anti-Mii Costume Theory

• Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Steve
Erdrick would be but a small price of disappointment to pay if I get Solaire, Steve, and Phoenix/Crash

D

Deleted member

Nah.

He is talking about Kirby, Xenoblade and Pokémon. He is referring to second party stuff.
Nintendo owns all 3 of those IPs, don't they? I mean they're made by second party studios but it's not like Monolith Soft can just make the newest Xenoblade on the PS5

Graizen

Smash Champion
Man, I really love that first Digimon movie, its animation is absolutely stunning, it's so atmospheric for something set in the real world, and it's a great introduction to the whole Digimon concept. It might be short, but it makes the most of the time it has, it's in my opinion the best thing to come out of the series.
2019 is Digimon Adventure's 20th Anniversary.
Digimon Survive is part of the new tings they are making to celebrate.

Imagine if they put Agumon in Smash as a present.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
2019 is Digimon Adventure's 20th Anniversary.
Digimon Survive is part of the new tings they are making to celebrate.

Imagine if they put Agumon in Smash as a present.
2019 is also Smash's 20th anniversary, is it not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom