• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So I got Ultimate, everything is amazing my boys and Woomy are precious :ultincineroar::ultkrool::ultinkling:

One big complaint, For Glory might have been better than what's going on here.

I said I wanted to be in 1-on-1 matches with no teams or anything of the sort.

I got everything but.

Still going through spirits mode which is going to take a while and I unlocked every character.
Try background matchmaking. From my experience, 'quickplay' quite literally means they'll try and find the quickest route to a game, preferred rules be damned. It's only anecdotal, but background matchmaking has been 100% reliable to me so far.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
It's not even hours and peoples already found this glitch, mainly from Japanese fans. I'm spoiling it, since it's a inappropriate thing to do, and I hate being a pervert. It's their fault, anyways. I don't want to be warned, anyways.
Apparently, there is a 'way' to remove Peach's... skirt. Ness's forward throw seems to cause this.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well, there's no black hole anymore.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I... don't give a ****.
I'd rather just see all the music from the games on the stage, instead of the default SSBU having ONE song be put on VERY OFTEN and everything else at close to zero.
No I like to have a variety of songs to play often on a stage too. But I still want them to match the mood of the stage. I wish there was a Bowser stage to play those songs on.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Path #2:
Challenger Pack #1: Joker
Challenger Pack #2: Tracer
Challenger Pack #3: KOS MOS
Challenger Pack #4: Sora
Challenger Pack #5: Monster Hunter
This pack is like literally one of the best ones I've seen. I'd actually buy this, all other packs would be like a hard pass. I'm against 3Ps but these picks actually fit and make sense imo

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Is DK RAP NOT EDITED AGAIN PLEASE TELL ME
No, it's still the butchered version.

---

Man, these unlock battles are tough...at least some of them. Most I can manage, but Bowser's taken me out four times by now. Also only have one of my mains unlocked, and I'm just now realizing exactly how much of my Link strategy involved the bombs now that I don't really have them anymore...

Still waiting to get my other mains in, though.

I feel Classic isn't gonna be very replayable, but I will probably have a lot of fun with just standard smashes against the CPU since it's actually pretty good now. I'm waiting with WoL until I go off on winter break and then have nearly unlimited time. And also so I can train up and git gud.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Also, to backpedal a little bit, I love it when Lv. 9 CPUs are absolutely merciless. It makes them a lot more interesting to fight, and pitting two of them against each other is hype as hell.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No, it's still the butchered version.

---

Man, these unlock battles are tough...at least some of them. Most I can manage, but Bowser's taken me out four times by now. Also only have one of my mains unlocked, and I'm just now realizing exactly how much of my Link strategy involved the bombs now that I don't really have them anymore...

Still waiting to get my other mains in, though.

I feel Classic isn't gonna be very replayable, but I will probably have a lot of fun with just standard smashes against the CPU since it's actually pretty good now. I'm waiting with WoL until I go off on winter break and then have nearly unlimited time. And also so I can train up and git gud.
just pick Ike and hit em with upairs until he flies off the screen.
That was the main start for... just about everyone.

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
My guesses for DLC:

1. Joker
2. Slime/2B/Sora
3. Monster Hunter/Dante
4. Fortnite Person
5. Steve/Banjo

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
quick, post comfy tunes from smash franchises

persona is a smash franchise, holy ****

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My guesses for DLC:

1. Joker
2. Slime/2B/Sora
3. Monster Hunter/Dante
4. Fortnite Person
5. Steve/Banjo
I'm not sure about Fortnite Person

Was Fortnite as huge in Japan as it was everywhere else?
That's usually something we should factor in when trying to predict the dlc...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I finally got the game Friday night and played it all ****ing day yesterday and most of today. I already unlocked all of the characters but I didn't beat Spirits mode, which I really lost a lot of motivation for because I already got everyone, but it's still cool.

I'm forced to play with a Joycon because I didn't buy a Pro Controller or GCN Controller. It's alright, but I'm probably going to get one or the other soon.

Current mains are :ultlittlemac::ultsimon::ultridley::ultness:

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
there's only like four, maybe five third parties that I'd actually play

praying for the rest of the DLC to be 1st party

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
there's only like four, maybe five third parties that I'd actually play

praying for the rest of the DLC to be 1st party
Highly unlikely, there's at least one 3rd Party I reckon. Smash 4 DLC had like only one first party newcomer, and he was a damn ad. :4corrin:

As for the rest, :4cloud::4ryu::4bayonetta: There were about as half as many :4feroy::4mewtwo::4lucas:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I prefer the one with Geno
Can ya stop disposing my boy every time we play this game, he's still got a shot. Certainly more than ****in..Tracer
I think that there's always a chance for Geno, I don't think that Nintendo wants to put Geno in DLC but if SE have demanded to put Geno in DLC (cause that means money for SE) if they wanted Cloud to get back in Ultimate, that's possible.
Cause SE is very stingy about FF content so if they are like this with their other series, it gives chances for Geno.

But in a different way Geno and Mallow are spirits and I'm thinking that spirits deconfirm characters for the first season pass.

We will see soon, I think that the second DLC will be the SE rep.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think that there's always a chance for Geno, I don't think that Nintendo wants to put Geno in DLC but if SE have demanded to put Geno in DLC (cause that means money for SE) if they wanted Cloud to get back in Ultimate, that's possible.
Cause SE is very stingy about FF content so if they are like this with their other series, it gives chances for Geno.

But in a different way Geno and Mallow are spirits and I'm thinking that spirits deconfirm characters for the first season pass.

We will see soon, I think that the second DLC will be the SE rep.
That wasn't really the point I was making. My point was that we play the "which DLC pack do you prefer" game often and for whatever reason we've come to the point where I'll see picks like Tracer and 2B over him.

Also I'm pretty sure Nintendo is the one who would've had to convince Squenix to get Geno.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
So apparently I really like playing as Chrom, he's fast as hell and has a ton of damage/kill moves. Scared to go offstage, but I like to stay onstage anyway so it isn't all that different. Kellam palette is the best alt btw.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So apparently I really like playing as Chrom, he's fast as hell and has a ton of damage/kill moves. Scared to go offstage, but I like to stay onstage anyway so it isn't all that different. Kellam palette is the best alt btw.
HE HAS A KELLAM PALETTE?
MY FAV AWAKENING CHARACTER?

you take that back

Oh no the poorly-written self-insert is gonna get me!!!

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
That wasn't really the point I was making. My point was that we play the "which DLC pack do you prefer" game often and for whatever reason we've come to the point where I'll see picks like Tracer and 2B over him.

Also I'm pretty sure Nintendo is the one who would've had to convince Squenix to get Geno.
I don't know why Nintendo would like to put Geno. The character aren't enough known and he don't promote a Nintendo franchise.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't know why Nintendo would like to put Geno. The character aren't enough known and he don't promote a Nintendo franchise.
...his whole thing is that he's a Mario character...he promotes their biggest franchise.
Also, you know what, no, I'm tired of this point. He's known enough and wanted enough to get him a Mii Costume, Spirit, and online icon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If they're all "unexpected", then that in theory rules out Banjo and Steve.

Ergo,
Untitled.png

Who we givin our invitation to?

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
....can I....ask who played PERSONA 3 and 4 as well as 5 here? I played them. Anybody else?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hoping that no Zelda character ends up bottom/low tier for once. But man, I wonder how crazy the tier will look when it comes out, based on size and the usual.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom