• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Do you have a Yarn Yoshi amiibo?

I believe that unlocks the Spirit automatically...
Don't really care about the spirit itself. It's the challenge I want to beat.

On a side note, the cute references these battles have is too much. Love em.

Iridium

Smash Hero
How's everyone think of Rathalos considering he's my boi's final boss?
He's cool for sure. I kind of want to play MH right about now. But man, I would loved to see Volvagia get in. It always saddens me when I fight him, but the hammers in Smash could easily replace the Megaton Hammer.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man I still wished Medusa at least made it as a boss especially since I heard of that rumor...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It gets awfully boring and monotonous if you play it for a long period of time, in one sitting. I'm pretty sure it was designed with the Switch's portability in mind, where you could beat a few spirits on the bus ride home or some ****. Naturally, some people ain't OK with that, just the same way people weren't OK with BOTW's shrines and SMO's moons.
I loved BotW Shrines and SMO's Moons, lol. I'm also no stranger to repetitive games (looking at a guy who loves JRPGs and roguelike dungeon crawlers), so I don't think that'll bug me personally.

TBH I like WoL's approach more than SSE's. SSE is fun, but take the cut scenes and bosses and you have a mediocre Kirby game you can play as other Nintendo characters. WoL feels more structured, and fitting for a fighting game like Smash.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
im loving world of light, it tickles the part of my brain that likes gacha games without making me spend excess money

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am so close to getting all 74 characters

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
WoL is very fun and addictive. I'm never going to use the spirits in serious smash battles, but in terms of a single player mode, I'm pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
fighting game single player ever?
Yes.
Also, nice to see that it's hard. I've come to appreciate a good challenge in my games nowadays. Even game modes I used to hate like A Hat in Time's Death Wish I've had a change of heart on, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Sorry it wasn't for you, though.
Difficulty isn't the issue with WoL. You can be difficult while still being fun. And WoL itself is braindead easy.

Now, tedium?

Now that's an issue no matter what the hell kind of games you like. And WoL, suffers from that. A LOT.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
What if there was a Soupy Smash Bros.? All the fighters are more liquid and brothy than in this iteration. That would be good, right?

People not knowing where Super Smash Bros. can go from here (for future installments) have obviously not considered Soupy Smash Bros. yet.

Shroob

Sup?
People get angry over a feather on Mr.Game and Watch's head to the point it gets removed.

No one's causing a stink about a quite offensive spirit of a girl that was implied to be ***** and had a bomb shoved up her crotch.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No one's causing a stink about a quite offensive spirit of a girl that was implied to be ***** and had a bomb shoved up her crotch.
Not gonna lie I laughed my ass off when I saw that the Paz spirit gives you a Bob-omb.

I find the Paz sticker to be in HORRIBLE taste, it's the equivalent of putting "He went out having a blast" on someone's tombstone that died to an explosion.
Except Paz is a fictional character. There’s no friends, family, or legacy to offend.

It’s just a joke with the hilarious contrast between the grim setting of MGS where terrorist organizations plant bombs in people and the happy little bombs with faces in Mario.

It’s just some top-quality dark humor.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
People get angry over a feather on Mr.Game and Watch's head to the point it gets removed.

Why would they?
It's not like it was censored out.
And how is it offensive? It's in-game and it still references MGS:GZ.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Why would they?
It's not like it was censored out.
And how is it offensive? It's in-game and it still references MGS:GZ.
I mean, it's kind of horrific.

Giving a **** victim an identify of what killed them is a really ****ty thing to do.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I mean, it's kind of horrific.

Giving a **** victim an identify of what killed them is a really ****ty thing to do.
So? It's still nothing more than a reference for those that get it.
It's not like we have a demographic of people who have had bombs put into them to get offended by it compared to say, native americans.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Guys , i got a "Model ZX" Spirit
He has this power "Transformation Duration UP"

Whats this power?
It's not for Final Smashs becouse i tested it.
Is there a character that uses transformations?

Shroob

Sup?
So? It's still nothing more than a reference for those that get it.
It's not like we have a demographic of people who have had bombs put into them to get offended by it compared to say, native americans.
Eh, I just find it in really poor taste.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I see where Shroob is coming from, it's gruesome how she died and referencing it by making her "boost" when equipped be her method of death is pretty sad

It doesn't matter if she's not real, the point is that it's not something that should be treated like that.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yes.

Difficulty isn't the issue with WoL. You can be difficult while still being fun. And WoL itself is braindead easy.

Now, tedium?

Now that's an issue no matter what the hell kind of games you like. And WoL, suffers from that. A LOT.
WoL isn't meant to be played in a long sitting. it's a pick and play mode that is good for casual handheld use and non-serious couch play.

khfan93

Smash Cadet
Random question, but
Does anyone know why Lucina's classic mode picture is of her with Pikachu Libre?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Random question, but
Does anyone know why Lucina's classic mode picture is of her with Pikachu Libre?
"Did you know that Lucina is a girl?" obviously

D

Deleted member

Yes.

Now, tedium?

You're talking to someone who enjoyed Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

Tedium doesn't bug me. To each their own, though. :p

Graizen

Smash Champion
Guys , i got a "Model ZX" Spirit
He has this power "Transformation Duration UP"

Whats this power?
It's not for Final Smashs becouse i tested it.
Is there a character that uses transformations?

Shroob

Sup?
I see where Shroob is coming from, it's gruesome how she died and referencing it by making her "boost" when equipped be her method of death is pretty sad

It doesn't matter if she's not real, the point is that it's not something that should be treated like that.
This is where I'm coming from.

"It's a reference to GZs", yeah, and it's in poor taste. The character was ***** and had a bomb put in her crotch. This isn't a funny joke, even if she's fake, **** jokes aren't funny, and it being a reference doesn't excuse it.

Shroob

Sup?
Potentially offending an entire race is quite different than potentially offending the one or two people on the planet who had a bomb shoved up into them.
Though you're also ignoring that she's a **** victim. That's how the bomb got up there in the first place.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, if she just 'blew up' and that was the end of it, it'd be one thing.

If there was an Aerith sticker that, say, equipped you with a Killing Edge? Poor taste? Eh, sure, but whatever.

It's the fact that the bomb was put in her through **** which is ridiculously ****ed up.

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
uh yah thats ****ing disgusting. **** should never ever be used in a light context like that. there are absolutely no excuses for that. none. nintendo should be ashamed of themselves tbh

also cmon Androobie Androobie i know youre much better than that

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think Paz is supposed to referenced Peace Walker considering she wields it to use it on someone and not Ground Zeroes because that is INCREDIBLY ****ed up
Yeah, I'm going to ask: Which game's artwork do they use for the reference with the Spirit? Because if it's Peace Walker it's just an unfortunate coincidence, but if it's Ground Zero... Yeah...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom