• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
if Sans Undertale gets in as dlc i will buy the dlc just so i can mod in the fingers in his ass song

D

Deleted member

I just remembered there is one thing to fear about Joker. What if the P5 songs lose their vocals like Bayonetta?

Also watch people claim Joker opened the gates like people did with Cloud
Cloud really did open the gates it felt like, Joker just slapped an "Everyone is Welcome" sign out front on the way in to make it clear.

D

Deleted member

Joker isn’t enough to sell me on the fighters pass. They need to show gameplay of him first. If he looks really cool, then I’m probably getting it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Cloud really did open the gates it felt like, Joker just slapped an "Everyone is Welcome" sign out front on the way in to make it clear.
Except no he didn't, SNAKE opened the door. The first third party and he was from a franchise strongly associated with Sony no less. Sure, there was Twin Snakes, the crummy NES port of the first game and Ghost Babel, but Final Fantasy as a whole was on Nintendo forever

D

Deleted member

Yo, I just realised Joker is most likely gonna have his own boss for his classic mode route.

Uh, people who played Persona 5, you're guess is as good as mine.

D

Deleted member

Yo, I just realised Joker is most likely gonna have his own boss for his classic mode route.

I wouldn’t be so sure. I can easily see them just giving him master hand.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it was Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 that had an idea I basically fell in love with.

The trailer starts with Crash Suit Guy yelling outside of NoA headquarters. The video quality is purposely reminiscent of a recording of a 90s game commercial. Suddenly, Crash sees some folks heading toward him...the mascot suits for Mario, DK, Yoshi, and Pikachu from the Smash 64 commercial. Crash then springs into action.
Oh yeah, I remember that.

Thanks for the credit.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
What say you about picks from Bethesda? Do you believe it's in the same position? I don't know how prominent either is in Japan, but they're in the same position as characters like Katalina. Maybe better off.

I don't think Sub Zero is likely, but I do believe he should be the pick over Scorpion if MK was to be included.
Probably not that high. Japan isn't super big on Shooters (I know Fallout isn't a full Shooter, though Doom is) along with the fact that they are a Western Studio, thus having us run into the Lost in Translation problems from before since Sakurai wouldn't be able to discuss things easily with the team leads of the IP.

I think that, outside of maybe Banjo-Kazooie, Western companies aren't the most likely, at least not while there are popular Japanese Developers with popular series to pull from. Its just overall easier on Nintendo & Sakurai.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seems Western-owned Companies are the final Taboo. Will it be shattered? Tune in next time on Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC!

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Probably not that high. Japan isn't super big on Shooters (I know Fallout isn't a full Shooter, though Doom is) along with the fact that they are a Western Studio, thus having us run into the Lost in Translation problems from before since Sakurai wouldn't be able to discuss things easily with the team leads of the IP.

I think that, outside of maybe Banjo-Kazooie, Western companies aren't the most likely, at least not while there are popular Japanese Developers with popular series to pull from. Its just overall easier on Nintendo & Sakurai.
putting a bethesda character in would probably end up being a pr disaster right now too lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
putting a bethesda character in would probably end up being a pr disaster right now too lol
Depends on if it's a Bethesda proper character or an iD character.

Bethesda proper, yep things may get sour.

D

Deleted member

I think if its a Bethesda character who isn’t really associated with the current mess e,g. Doomguy then it would be fine.

Lmao if it’s vault boy though. Or better yet a survivor from Fallout 76

Iridium

Smash Hero
I guess I can say Xander Mobus is more than just the announcer now, most likely.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I just remembered there is one thing to fear about Joker. What if the P5 songs lose their vocals like Bayonetta?
If they're as good as the Snake Eater remix, then I'll be fine with it.

Considering we only have one 3P boss so far, and the likes of Wily, Eggman, Metal Gear, etc. aren't bosses yet, I really don't see P5 getting a boss.
Today in 'answers to questions that no one asked': hazardless The Great Cave Offensive is completely unchanged.
I'll do one!

The Business suit Mii Outfits are unlocked by creating 3 different Mii characters.

Last edited:

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
So...Joker's in. This is beautiful.

Btw, been playing Richter and K Rool nonstop they are so good. Corrin's new to me since I never purchased them b4 and gotta say I like them plenty.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Before, I firmly believed that spirits didn't deconfirm characters. However, if there aren't any spirits for Piranha Plant or Joker, then perhaps maybe they do.

I'd say Crash Bandicoot has a pretty good shot as far as Western-owned third parties go. His series is fairly popular in Japan.
I will die on the Poochy hill!!!
I used to think Poochy was very likely as he is a very marketable character that could be used to promote an upcoming game on the Switch, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Man. Joker really caught me off guard.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Or help to move on and patch things up, like Snake/Simon are doing for Konami.

Dovahkiin had nothing to do with the Fallout 76 ****show...ESO is actually working.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If they're as good as the Snake Eater remix, then I'll be fine with it.
Considering we only have one 3P boss so far, and the likes of Wily, Eggman, Metal Gear, etc. aren't bosses yet, I really don't see P5 getting a boss.
I guess but the lyrics really helped give more oomph for Bayonetta and P5 I feel. The Snake Eater remix is good due to being something you'd hear in an old spy movie
I will die on the Poochy hill!!!
Then perish

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Holy cow. Wasn't expecting the next DLC this fast. I guess another reveal fits the game's release day, but still.

Guess I better start looking more into Persona...

Since Nintendo and Ubioft seem to have a close relation in recent years with the Rayman and Rabbids stuff, I wonder if we'll finally see him as a playable fighter. Would Nintendo choose that?

---

D

Deleted member

Just unlocked Isabelle and Wario.

Isabelle is great. Radically different from Villager and takes a lot of getting used to. Struggling to figure out proper placement for Rocket and Fishing Rod, but I'll get there.

Ultimate Wario is SPICY. Like, dang son that new Down Air is SICK with that spike. Only got one match in with him so far, but I'll put some more time into him later tonight after a little break.

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
depends on which of Bethesdas characters they decide to add, and in some cases how well they handle them

if Vaultboy, then yeah Nintendo will get flack on all fronts due to both recent controversy and Fallout in general being in Smash.
if Dragonborn, it should go relatively fine for Nintendo.
if Doomguy, they might face some flack for his inclusion in the first place, but if they handle him well and don't do anything to make the game M rated, then he should be relatively fine.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I saw meganans final level in classic

His is so creepy

It’s just dr Mario (meant to be willy ofcoarse) then mewtwo thats it what does mewtwo present?

Galleom is before the final stage as well probably to present for Willy’s mega machine

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
It’s kinda wild that one of the notable regulars here was a Joker Stan. I bet we’ll look into others here to see what we’ll get. I’m hoping it’s going more Goemon and not uhh...

The dog...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It’s kinda wild that one of the notable regulars here was a Joker Stan. I bet we’ll look into others here to see what we’ll get. I’m hoping it’s going more Goemon and not uhh...

The dog...
Our next fighter will appeal to Zinith. It will be another Yoshi. Not Boshi, not Yarn Yoshi, not even a specially coloured one. Just another Yoshi with a wholely unique moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom