• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I guarantee I'm on at least 2 ignore lists.

Some people just don't like to hear the truth lol.
you mean like how the destruction of the planet is at the hands of only a handful of companies and if we don't do anything to stop it soon we're all dead how spirits are 100% deconfirmations

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So is there any knowledge of Smash news specifically at the VGAs? Nintendo news I am expectin,g, but Smash?

D

Deleted member

So is there any knowledge of Smash news specifically at the VGAs? Nintendo news I am expectin,g, but Smash?
Nintendo tweeted about smash releasing a day at after the game awards. Whether that means anything is up to your discretion

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
wow.. this thread certainly have slowed down.... probably everyone is either playing teh game already or watching someone stream teh game :0

I'm watching Zero's Stream and finally some good olde Belmont action . <3

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Friendly reminder that even if we get nothing on Smash there's still a ton to look forward to tonight. I'll be watching the reveals like a hawk. Prime Trilogy and CTR, here we come.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
wow.. this thread certainly have slowed down.... probably everyone is either playing teh game already or watching someone stream teh game :0

I'm waiting for the VGAs to begin.

Only 100 minutes to go.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Welp, about ten minutes left before the game officially launches in my timezone. It's been really fun speculating about the game with you all. I'll probably stick around with DLC speculation though but overall, It's been a fun ride.

I wish everyone lots of fun once the game (or if it has already) drops!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I said it before and I'll say it again:

A high quality Grinch banner doesn't exist. They relied on blurry imagery to pass off less-than-stellar renders.
I mean
Yeah, obviously?
Don’t think you need to say this lol

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't think anyone knows for sure what's going on for Nintendo at the VGAS. The safest bets are Metroid and Bayonetta.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Friendly reminder that even if we get nothing on Smash there's still a ton to look forward to tonight. I'll be watching the reveals like a hawk. Prime Trilogy and CTR, here we come.
If anyone gets salty about no news tonight: play the damn game the next day.

Please and thank you.

KMDP

Smash Legend
With 10 minutes remaining until I can play Smash.

I'm just going to sit here, listening to an extension of Lifelight.

COLOURS WEAVE INTO A SPIRE OF FLAME!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Man this game REALLY doesn’t want me to play my mains...

Of the 10 mains in my signature, only 2 are unlocked in World of Light.

The other 8 are unlocked in World of Dark or the Final World.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If anyone gets salty about no news tonight: play the damn game the next day.

Please and thank you.
Sometimes I swear we here in this thread get more into the news about the game than the game itself.

The Game Awards can be cancelled for all I care. I'm getting the game tonight.

D

Deleted member

People still want the actual thing as if it exists though.

I'm just saying that it doesn't exist.
A not blurry grinch banner probably does exist. The renders would look pretty bad though, but its likely that they took a higher res image and blurred it out to disguise the faults.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sometimes I swear we here in this thread get more into the news about the game than the game itself.

The Game Awards can be cancelled for all I care. I'm getting the game tonight.
Don't you know? Super Smash Bros. is just a News Feed and a Character Select Screen to look at.

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
The pterodactyl the ice climbers fly in on NEEDS to be in as a ridley echo and ypu cannot change my mind.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

6 hours and 3 minutes left until its friday over here. I still wonder if we will manage to get all 9000 pages.

It makes sense it is slowing down, The game has probably come out in many parts of the world already.

Atlas2398

Smash Cadet
According to Pixelpar, (a guy who leaked let's go and knew it was called project beluga in development), we're getting a metroid premier

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I probably won't be getting the game til Christmas if I get it, but I hope everyone else has fun!

I'm working on a Smash AMV to post tomorrow in celebration though. :) It's with the song "Good Time" by Owl City. :)

D

Deleted member

And it's only now 1 minute before it comes out here. ;)
5 hours here but I have to get some sleep bc of uni until 4 tomorrow >_> but once I get home you KNOW it's straight to the Switch I go

Last edited by a moderator:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
6 hours and 3 minutes left until its friday over here. I still wonder if we will manage to get all 9000 pages.

It makes sense it is slowing down, The game has probably come out in many parts of the world already.
We are still about 1100+ post away from page 9001 (post #360001). If we assume 2 posts every minute we are still about 10 hours away.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

Oh don't you worry. If we get a reveal at the VGAs you'll be buried in pages of salty hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom